Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:22 pm
So my sister and I don't really get along much anymore sadly, it's more of a rivalry than anything. I try to ignore it as much as possible by not responding to her criticism or snide remarks about me switching majors. She dropped out of college three times instead of sticking to it when things got tough and her husband had connections so he was able to get high paying jobs.

Anyway I agreed to help her out by watching her kids this week since she has to work and one of them let it slip that she made them promise to not give me any money or buy me things if she were to give them money to buy stuff at Gamestop. While I may not have a lot of money I am able to pay my own bills and survive, I don't have the funds to go out and buy new corvettes and motorcycles or go on extravagant trips like she does but that stuff isn't important to me anyway. I have never once asked my nephews to buy me things, ever. It really hurt my feelings that she is telling them things like this.

I think I'll be opting out of babysitting in the future, I don't really want to fool around with this kind of idiocy anymore. If she thinks I'm using her kids as an ATM then she can go find someone else to watch them.

Sorry just needed to vent.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:37 pm
Siblings are never easy to get along with, family is family. You may hate them, dislike them or be disgusted by them. Just be happy you're not them.
I hope eventually things will get better between you two, but for now it's perfectly fine to be a bit upset that she thinks so lowly of you. It is pretty sickening how little she must have thought of you......
But to be honest, takes a special kind of person to imagine that kind of thing in the first place. Tells more about her personality than about yours.  

CowDoll

Excitable Sex Symbol

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:48 pm
Saddies
Siblings are never easy to get along with, family is family. You may hate them, dislike them or be disgusted by them. Just be happy you're not them.
I hope eventually things will get better between you two, but for now it's perfectly fine to be a bit upset that she thinks so lowly of you. It is pretty sickening how little she must have thought of you......
But to be honest, takes a special kind of person to imagine that kind of thing in the first place. Tells more about her personality than about yours.

I hope so too, she didn't used to act like this but ever since she started buying sports cars and trading them in every six months to get a new model and buying all kinds of new toys like guns and motorcycles it's just getting out of hand. She payed her house off and is now letting the money get to her head, a lot of people are getting annoyed about it. Like seriously she bought a new Dodge Charger, payed for it in full cash then traded it in two weeks later because she didn't like it. She got a new Corvette then did some minor damage to the bumper and instead of fixing it she sold it and bought another new Corvette. The heater core went out in that Corvette and instead of fixing it she sold it then wait for it... Bought another new Corvette.
All within a six month span... Then want's to dog on me about money when she's over here blowing more money than Donald Trump on a vacation.

I'm pretty good at ignoring stupid comments, some of the things that she has said in the past will really get you laughing. It's just this one really irked me.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 pm
Dogoda

I hope so too, she didn't used to act like this but ever since she started buying sports cars and trading them in every six months to get a new model and buying all kinds of new toys like guns and motorcycles it's just getting out of hand. She payed her house off and is now letting the money get to her head, a lot of people are getting annoyed about it. Like seriously she bought a new Dodge Charger, payed for it in full cash then traded it in two weeks later because she didn't like it. She got a new Corvette then did some minor damage to the bumper and instead of fixing it she sold it and bought another new Corvette. The heater core went out in that Corvette and instead of fixing it she sold it then wait for it... Bought another new Corvette.
All within a six month span... Then want's to dog on me about money when she's over here blowing more money than Donald Trump on a vacation.

I'm pretty good at ignoring stupid comments, some of the things that she has said in the past will really get you laughing. It's just this one really irked me.

Nothing good ever comes out of people with that kind of mindset. I've seen a few people like that, after their bubbles burst. It's sad
I suppose as a sibling you can say well done, good work. But she's just alienating herself from friends and family doing things like that and being so narrow minded.

It's fine that you got bothered by it, I would have as well. And I don't doubt it that she probably got a track record of weird comments. sweatdrop

Still best of luck with her heart  

CowDoll

Excitable Sex Symbol

Serious Discussions and Debates

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas