Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Groups | Recruiting Cosplayers
Washington/Idaho/Oregon Cosplayers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:24 pm
I know I made this a wide area, but I have a lot of family.

So I live in Washington, near the Oregon border, and I have uncle/aunt and grandparents in Idaho. So I'd like to meet up with some people and do cosplay groups and skits.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:11 am
Hi Angel,

To help you meet up with other Cosplayers in your area I'm giving you permission to do another Guild Wide Announcement basically saying the same thing that you have done in this thread on your Announcement. You can add a few things to your Announcement as well like what type of Cosplay you usually do.

Also make sure that you refer our Guild Members to this thread on your Announcement, The best way to do that is to name both the threads name and the Sub Forum that it's in. Good luck in meeting up with someone.

Also from now on when you do a Guild Wide Announcement make sure to add your name and title (Crew Member) at the end of your message. I know that your Avi says the same thing but if you are going to be talking to other Guild members in the future by message you will need to get use to identifying yourself by what Guild you are from, your name, and title in the Guild on the message.

I met one of our Guild Members Kyari "kyari cloudcakes" at the Youmacon 2015 Convention in Downtown Detroit. It was a wonderful experience. smile You can see photos from that get together in the Mid West Regional Sub Forum. I was Cosplaying Syaoran from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and Kyari was Cosplaying Neo Queen Serenity from Sailor Moon.

She got married that same day and her husband was cosplaying Tuxedo Mask. I was honored to share part of their special day with them. They had a small regular wedding ceremony and chose to dress up and go to the Youmacon Convention for their Honeymoon. She got to see me in action as I did a small Cosplay Photoshoot of her and some other Cosplayers that were their. I was going to shake her hand at the end of the Photoshoot to thank her but she said that she was a huger so I got a big hug instead. It was a special moment for both of us. So I hope that you can meet one of our Guild Members too like I did.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:44 am
smithers456

Hey Ron!

Just to make sure, do you want me to direct it at cosplayers from my area or do you want me to make it more wider and encourage people to find con-friends by using this thread. I could include a shout out to this thread even if it's a wider group.

Speaking with about people I meet on Gaia, but also met in person. I'll be meeting two of my long-time RP friends for the first time in RL at Anime Expo this year. I'm super excited, and double since I've known one of them on gaia for over 5 years.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:39 am
angelmage99
smithers456

Hey Ron!

Just to make sure, do you want me to direct it at cosplayers from my area or do you want me to make it more wider and encourage people to find con-friends by using this thread. I could include a shout out to this thread even if it's a wider group.

Speaking with about people I meet on Gaia, but also met in person. I'll be meeting two of my long-time RP friends for the first time in RL at Anime Expo this year. I'm super excited, and double since I've known one of them on gaia for over 5 years.

Hi Angel,

For your second Guild Wide Message you can do two things. You can direct people in your area to this thread. Also you can include a shout out to a new thread that you can create. It would be a general thread that encourages Guild Members to meet up with each other in general.

The place to create that thread at would be in the Getting to Know You Sub Forum. When a Member joins the Guild for the first time I ask them to check out the Getting to Know You Sub Forum. The Guild Member meeting each other thread would be a Sticky thread because I feel it would be an important one in the Guild.

When you do a Guild Wide Message Gaia Online only allows a certain number of characters to be used it. So keep that in mind. If you go over the limit it will tell you and you will have to try again.

That's great that you will be able to meet up with long time Gaia friends. You can include that story as part of your new thread that you can create and post in the Getting to Know you Sub Forum.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Cosplay Groups | Recruiting Cosplayers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers