[PRP] Pride & Prejudice (Preacher & Pride) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:07 pm
This was all such utter bullshit, she thought angrily, shifting into a mink as soon as she noticed she was in bullshit rainy land. It was even raining here, as if the sky wished to match her mood.

The whole were thing had it's perks - she adored darting about so low to the ground and being as vicious as she pleased. No one looked twice towards a mink savaging some thing or the other. But the drawback was immense, so much so that Preacher felt possibly even more secluded than before. She wanted friends, but wanted to make them under her own power. The pack touch felt like an invasion of her mind and she had no idea why it only afflicted the moonwalkers. As far as she knew, nobles and wargs didn't deal with this.So why the ******** did it have to be so? It weighed heavily on her mind as she darted through buildings and down alleyways in bullshit land. Fitting.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:01 am
Someone looked twice at a mink today.

That someone looked like a teenage girl, long dark hair, wearing a men's jacket that even to Preacher's comparatively-weak nose smelled rather like Jeremiah Mercer. The rest of their clothes were baggy and pale in color, and overall they looked like they had seen better days.

"Hey," said the girl, "Moonwalker. C'mere."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:36 pm
Preacher's head swung over towards the girl almost comically fast. She approached, but slowly, and tense, ready to spring away if needed. This person smelled familiar, which was even stranger.

"How d'ya know I'm a moonwalkerthing?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:03 pm
"You draw your magic from me," said the girl. "Moonwalkers exist because I do. How can you talk? I wondered what that odd aura was."

She sniffed, and leaned in, and said, "You're not one of them whose names I know. I'm Pride."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 pm
"I'm Preacher, hi. N' I dunno. I got too much ta say to have ta be silent in animal form. ******** that." She had shrunk back a bit when Pride sniffed her, afraid of touching. "But I think it's real rad. I kin run 'round screamin' this r' that n' no one is quite sure it's me." If she'd been in human form, this would have accompanied by the biggest grin ever.

She sniffed right back, though. "I thought all magic n' s**t in this bs land came from like Sonny or someshit. Who're you, then?" Then something hit her nose. "Hey, you smell like m'boss."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:40 pm
"This is his jacket," said Pride. "I've been having issues with clothes."

She was leaning forward on her elbows. "Yeah, it all does, but some people shape it better than others do. The whole thing spills out and changes others in their shape. I'm one of those. S'how I created the spirit bond."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:13 pm
"Spirit bond?" It sounded like a Native American thing. She wasn't gonna ask about the clothing issues because that'd be incredibly rude even if she was ********' dyin' to know.

"Like there's the sigil made ta shape tha magic, but tha magic popped back 'round n' shaped you, too? Like, uh.... the chick with tha foot?" Sigils were probably the easiest concept for her out of all of this. The rest was magic and hocus pocus-y and bullshit. "Wait, are you like some kinda huge-a** pack leader thingum then? ...I didn't vote for ya."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 pm
"Yeah," said Pride. "What became wargs and weres." She looked at Preacher and smiled, a little self-conscious. "I don't lead much of anything right now. Can't even control my own shape, how could I dream of controlling you all?" She squinched her eyes up shut tight and managed to shorten her hair quite drastically, her skin shifted a jot towards jet black, but it rubber-banded back to just as her face had been before. With a sigh, she tucked the jacket tighter around herself to hide her shape. "You wanna stick around? Talking helps keep me from blowing s**t up that I don't wanna blow up."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 pm
She cocked her head and then transformed back into human form, figure stretching drastically. "I kin stick 'round. Ain't got anything ta do n' blowin' up s**t ain't cool 'les you wanna." The changing the hair thing was pretty cool, though. "What's wrong with ya magic - can we fix it? N' I don't no any weres what can change shape like that, anyway."

"Did ya like, build that touch thing into the weres...?" Because if so, that ********' sucked.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:38 pm
"No," said Pride. "When the wargs and weres were one, they had no need for something so clumsy to identify them and make them bond. It came about as a decision from an early group of moonwalkers who had a dissenting member."

And back to the original question: "The sigil which split you from wargs has been shaken," she said. "You're still pulling from my magic to shape your own, so I have no magic left, as I can't control the strength with which you pull on my own shape."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:10 am
"Good," she said, frowning. "'Cause it's ********' stupid n' I'm glad I ain't gotta hate ya for it. Is that were around still n' if I touch you, will it do tha thing?" Preacher kicked a rock.

"So.... let's unshake the sigil so ya feel better? I can take a looksee at it. Dun like tha idea that I'm ********' ya up without even knowin' ya."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:27 pm
Pride shook her head. "No, no," she said. "It's not at all the same, what's between you and me as opposed to what's between you and the other weres."

She nodded. "Thank you," she said. "I think the person you want to look for is Jeremiah Mercer, for that. Or Jamie Delacroix."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:34 pm
"Mercer ain't a warg nor were, though. He's fancy else. N' Jaime is, but I'm avoidin' all y'all 'til further notice." Preacher flipped her braid back over her shoulder. She should have guessed Mercer was doing something. If there was a magic pie about, dollars to donuts his fingers were in it, too.

She still didn't feel like touching Pride, but she wanted to know. She held out her hand. "Can I poke ya, then?" Weird question, maybe. "Also, d'ya want 'nother coat or like a tank top? I'm wearin' three of 'em."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:42 pm
Pride held out a hand to Preacher. She looked unthreatening enough. "Sure. But all of you with special powers are channeled through one of us. The instability with us will affect all of you, eventually."

Pride didn't trigger any kind of pack-touch at all. What touching her did do was--it was hard to explain--like stepping into the deep end of a pool and the water closing over your head. It felt like being in the Void again, able to do anything and everything.

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:08 am
"Nah, I just meant avoidin' as in I never wanna ********' touch another were in all my goddamn life." She grinned widely at Pride and placed her hand in hers. Preacher's eyes widened. It wasn't... unpleasant, but it felt like having limited air or swimming in magic or something. It was damn weird.

"Y'know," she said, tilting her head. "Ya feel like when we made tha sigil. Weird." Preacher hummed for a second. It made her want to draw. "One of you? How many are there, anyhoo?"

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces