[ORP] Hope in the air (NOBLES) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:39 pm
    Court looks rather lovely, if you're into stark white marble and an almost antiseptic look. The halls are wide and harrowing. The floors shine like the surface of the moon. Beel is here, looking entirely too ******** excited for some weird reason.

"I am so glad," He starts to say as he leads the way to a specific door, "That you're joining us. Finally, everyone can witness my hard labor."

Shiloh's section of the Court is sparsely decorate in terms of paintings and rugs and furnishings. What it lacks in tradition it makes up for in aesthetic, as the wooden door leads to an expansive atrium filled to the brim with plants. Thankfully, unlike visiting a real rain forest, it's not at all humid here. The hardwood floors have inlaid flowerbeds. Streams and small ponds start to populate the ground the further in you get. Oh yes, Beel is exceptionally proud about this.

Shiloh's waiting a little further in, sitting among a couple of chairs. He looks... contemplative? It's hard to tell with his eyes veiled, but his posture is somewhat slouched ad it gives off a general aura of I'm so ******** done. A leather folio sits in his lap, bearing a light blue mark in the shape of a keyhole. One hand sits protectively on top of it. The other hand is lulled over his arm rest. A dry erase board looks completely out of place near by, cleaned for the moment.

"Beel has drinks if you're into water." He says. "Not much else going on while I'm waiting for everyone to show up."

shibrogane
lady + ezra (you can consider noeh and/or silk invited also)

azuredreams
jereheyhey

iloveyouDIE
that's an algernono

daekie
alexHISS

cibarium
juliano bombito

The Semblance of Unity
temphemp

Smerdle
That Dad Man

OOC
im goin to bed but convo away ty 4 ur time

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:48 pm
The area is familiar for Jeremiah and, of course, he meets Fell at the door leading into Shiloh's demesne waiting. She bows her head, having stayed nearby in effort to protect what was within, and as she moves the dark colors of her silky outfit swish together and blend.

He is of course, always at odds with the magic of the Court and what it does with his clothing. This time it is more regal, though still something more avant garde than he prefers. The blood red of the vest, however, made it's point.

His head inclines, Algernon on his arm (because they would show together) as he looks to Shiloh and then to the folio before the whiteboard. This time, of course, there are already words on his mind if they are going to pursue writing things up.

"Beaumont," he greets. There is not much to say. Not yet. It's best to wait for everyone and it is not, as if, he does not know what has transpired since they last saw one another.

Or that they did not keep at least a regular conversation going.

Melancholies

iloveyouDIE

Daekie
in case jer brought ur water child

always free for talking
for errybody else

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:01 pm
Algie was of course with his husband, though this was his first time to Shiloh's space in court. The professor, always significantly more dapper here, looked a bit impressed with the surroundings and didn't hide his approving glance around.

"Hello Shiloh.." Alg gave the younger noble a small smile and glance with a respectful head bow. He didn't expect much back with the look on the other's face but there was no reason not to be polite.. especially to their host.

Adze of course waited in his impeccable, plain dark suit and followed in with Fell.

azuredreams

melancholies

erryboooody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:19 pm
"Beaumont," Alexis greeted curtly; now the feel of the Court warping their clothes was old habit, like coming home (even if the rest of their courtly duties they didn't know and didn't care to know), and from one moment to another they shifted from foot to foot, anxious. But the anxiety of not knowing what's in half their vision sometimes, it's -- gone.

They can see. Wick had held them, earlier, as they'd tried to focus on their range of vision, to try and clamp it down like it was some sort of disease; but he'd braided their hair and sat idly by, reading, as they'd swam and stretched. Maybe they'll show their demesne to someone, sometime, because Wick works without their approval but he really does seem to want to make them comfortable; but it's dark and layered and the glowing lights at the bottom of the ponds sink so deep others might not be able.

Maybe, maybe, maybe. It's all maybes. That's what magic does, after all.

Today they're in dark greys and blues, scaled gloves-gauntlets on their hands; more like a conqueror than their normal rogueish Court attire. They know it's big. It's only fitting.

An acknowledging nod to Jeremiah and Algernon, more the former than the latter -- Algernon has never done much to endear himself, and every time Alexis thinks to give him more than the chance he has they remember something, or something else, and know it's not worth it.

"Water's good, actually. If Beel doesn't mind, 'course."

(Wick stands behind them, so tall compared to their slight form; and in a hooded jacket, his melted jaw hidden behind a high collar. He wears no makeup, no complicated flair; only a dark tunic with an equally dark hood, some blood-bright choker of jewels and fish-scales on his neck. All-black, all-covering; forest-green scattered across his boots. He stands offkilter, as always, one leg holding too much weight -- but he is still a very real presence, there, his smile half-mocking. Young Lord Beaumont. Lords Mercer and Mercer. Wick wonders, and ponders, and says nothing at all.)

iloveyouD1E

azuredre4ms

melancho1ies

everybody in the house

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:43 am
Rabbit had been here already, quite early for him, though when he saw that there were fetches present, he turned on his heel and jogged away to get his own. He returned with Oroh at his side, his hand on her shoulder as he rejoined the now larger group, doling out respectful, bouncy nods all around. They were dressed in blue and silver, and if the fetch's eyes were narrowed, it was only because she was conscious of the fact that the fool's gold orb in her left socket didn't match.

He had left Temperance a printout of the listserv invitation, but if she didn't show up soon, he'd go and get her too.

the semblance of unity
fridge note 4 temp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:24 pm
Lady showed up. Her dress wasn't the same as last time; it was a floaty-looking champagne thing that called to mind the soft fur of her fawn form. Silvery accessories dotted her throat and wrists and her impeccably styled hair. She took a seat and crossed her arms over her chest, an expression on her face like she was ticked off.

For some reason, Ezra hadn't been manhandled into fancy Court clothes. He had a pair of jeans and a t-shirt that celebrated the Superhero Bowl XLIX, and a moto jacket in a minty blue. His hair had been brushed. He nodded to Beel, and then to Fell and Wick. The latter two had been his tithes, and then his fetches, once. There was a sense of restrained interest about him, like he wanted to cross to those fetches and speak to them. Ezra didn't move. He stood where he was.

Out of the corners of their eyes, he still looked to be on fire.

Melancholies
azuredreams
iloveyouDIE
Daekie
cibarium
The Semblance of Unity
Smerdle

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:40 pm
Julian was sitting next to Lady, quiet, tired and a little pensive-looking. He wasn't having a great day, and the Court magic had dressed him up like a fancy caterer with a sash instead of an apron. There wasn't any orange juice bottle or anything this time. Like last time he felt terribly out of place: as far as he could tell he hadn't earned the right to be here.

He squinted at Ezra briefly upon seeing him in here. Not because of the clothes, though... wasn't that supposed to be his cousin or something? He had Eve's hair.

shibrogne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:53 pm
Jeremiah inclines his head towards Alexis, polite as always, and the same towards Rabbit when he appears. When Lady appears she gets a small nod of his head, though the look on her face makes him wonder, and another nod to Julian.

It's Ezra's appearance, the fire out of the corner of his eye, that makes him turn. The most acknowledgement anyone gets is, of course, to Ezra out of the fact that this was the man who was his patron. Fell's reaction, of course, also catches him off guard. There's something more open about her expression - as much as she has one - and she might actually be smiling.

She curtsies towards Ezra.

She notices Jeremiah looking and her expression stays the same. Apparently if you wanted to lift the mood of Fell entirely, simply bring forth the man who was once her patron.

shibrogane

cibarium

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:23 pm
    Shiloh doesn't look any more enthused when people start to filter in. He waved back to Jeremiah and Algernon, acknowledged Alexis with a nod. Rabbit, who had been here for some length of time, had already been greeted with a quiet hello. Lady makes him perk up a little, but it's Ezra's entrance that finally makes him sit up a little straighter. At least... that was Ezra, right? He saw the flames, but the second time around when he looked...

Well, whatever. Superhero Bowl XLIX could look however the hell he wanted, Shiloh supposed. Julian got a wry sort of grin too, "I'm glad you guys could make it." Though... Temperance was still absent. He'd wait a little longer—no harm in that, right?

Beel shuffled over to Alexis with a glass of water in his hands. He didn't even seem all that put out over assisting with Shiloh's grand adventure, if only because he was still so goddamn proud of the flower arrangements and such. "It's my pleasure." He said, though there was something vaguely snide to his voice still.

"You guys can uh, sit down and do whatever." Shiloh started awkwardly. How did hosting things work? He was the youngest one here, technically. Everyone else was basically a dad or Tucker or ex-BBQ. Well, Julian was cool. He wasn't decrepit or invoking of his past abuse. "I'll start talkin' when everyone else gets here, so you got a little bit."

He waved his hand vaguely.

"I have a splendid idea for a conversational ice breaker." Beel suddenly interjected after Shiloh was done, "Is the decor not divine? It's not really my tastes, of course, but I had a specific aesthetic I was aiming to meet. You know, because Shiloh is a walking shrubbery." Shiloh said nothing to this claim, "I feel like it's very atmospheric."

"Yeah yeah Beel, it's really nice." He said with an eye roll, though more genuinely he added, "Thank you."

Shiloh sounded so tired.

shibrogane

azuredreams
jereheyhey

iloveyouDIE
that's an algernono

daekie
alexHISS

cibarium
juliano bombito

Smerdle
That Dad Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:33 pm
"You've done well, little brother," said Silk, who did not look much like a fetch even outside of the Spinel Lady's demesne. She was dressed the same, in militaristic black, her shoes shiny as anything, her long dark hair hanging straight down to the hem of her coat. There was an implicit sense that she was judging the humans who had arrived, but she smiled warmly at the other fetches. "Though it is gauche to demand compliments on your work. What would the Madame say?" She bent down to kiss the top of Beel's head anyway.

"I came to see what you're doing with the Charter," she said to Shiloh. "Act as if I am not here."

Melancholies
azuredreams
iloveyouDIE
Daekie
cibarium
The Semblance of Unity
Smerdle

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:12 pm
Alexis shifted uneasily when Ezra entered -- there was no real 'corner of their eye', not really, not with a full halo of vision that left them offbalance sometimes -- but they knew, anyways. They pushed Wick forward, a little (and wasn't that funny, even in boots they were so comparatively small, their hand on the small of his back) - "If you want to," and their voice was quiet, gentle. Wick was beholden to them, but they refused to let him be their slave; with Alois they knew well enough the difference.

Then they plucked what looked to be a chicken sandwich out of thin air, gave their shoulders a resolute stretch-and-crack (and took the water from Beel with their free hand), and sat down with a huff and began to eat. "When was the last time y'slept, Beaumont? You sound awful."

Wick, meanwhile, stumbled with Alexis' push; he nodded towards Fell, eyes glittering fire-bright, and gave a small bow to Silk. He looked at Ezra like he didn't think he was allowed, with a hesitant step in the other man's direction -- it was strange, but almost nice, to see his eyes instead of the flame.

Melancholies

shibrogane

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE

cibarium

Smerdle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:20 pm
Temperance picked up the hem of her pale dress as she walked, revealing soft leather slippers of the same color. If she had to run, she'd be ********, she thought wryly. The dress was layers upon layers of the same sheer fabric. Any further and it would be indecent. One day maybe the court magic would be nice to her and just stick her in cosplay. Pearl epaulettes cascaded down each bare shoulder and the only real color to the whole set was a red choker that had snaked its way around her neck and a shot of that same color above her heart. Morbid, she thought.

She was kind of late, really, having not seen Rabbit's note until after he'd intended she find it, and arrived just in time to catch Silk's last comment. The charter. Temperance let lose her dress hem, allowing it to flutter back down around her ankles. "Rabbit," she said by way of greeting. "Shiloh - how's your head?" The others she either didn't know well or was so incredibly wary of... She could feel her muscles tighten with tension. At least his domain was pretty if very.... planty. For being the tree principal, Temperance didn't like plants very much. Black thumb, the outdoors should be outdoors, etc.

She slid over towards Ezra. "Hey... how did you get past the whole clothing thing?"

shibrogane
melancholies
smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:15 pm
When Ezra entered, Rabbit's gaze found the floor and stayed there until Oroh nudged him. Temperance had arrived. And she was sliding right up to Father like it was no big deal at all.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU—

He stood straight, smoothing his expression to indifference as best he could. They were all nobles here, and if he started to make an idiot of himself, his fetch would be here to save him this time.

"Temperance. I'm glad you found the place."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:06 pm
    Beel beamed, but then squirmed under Silk's sudden appearance and touch. When had she gotten here? He wasn't blushing (he was, but it was impossible to tell), his entire reaction a generalized 'dumb-little-brother' sort of spiel. "S-Silk! I know, I know." He tried to reason, "I just don't get the same attention as I used to!"

"I had just thanked you." Shiloh said carefully, but lightheartedly. Silk got an appreciative nod. "Beel, why don't you two catch up then? It looks like everyone's here anyway." Tell me if I overstep, he seemed to say to Beel. They had this conversation before the meeting. Funny how much he was starting to trust his fetch when the son of a b***h had tried to kill him. Whatever.

"Anyway," He looked around to all the other Nobles that had gathered, his voice still garbly and cracked with sleep exhaustion. He cleared it, but it didn't help too much. "I'm not exactly the best ********' spokesperson, so I'll get right to it. Let me know if you need clarification on stuff too." He cracked his knuckles. "Last time we learned we can change the charter, but people still needed time to think on what they wanted." Thank god for the veil obstructing his eyes. No one could see how he was nervously glancing around.

"We've had some time to think about what everyone wants, but uh..." He glanced to the folio, "It's not as straightforward as it sounded. What I have here is—" He held the folio up, "—the document of the Court. The charter. There's two problems though."

He traced the keyhole symbol with his finger. The symbol seemed to disintegrate before he popped the top open, and he delicately drew the piece of paper out within. On the page was a subrosa, each corner marked with six bloody fingerprints for a total of twenty-four.

"One, unless anyone else has any sort of insight, it looks a little complicated to alter." He looked between Lady and Ezra, but it was hard to tell with his sight covered, "Second, it's only really half of it. Altering this is gonna ******** with the sigil it represents, and the sigil it represents is... attached to Melany. Like, Melany is the sigil. They carved it into her ******** back." There was that exhaustion again, "Which, if you've been keeping up with the listserv, she's on the other side living a totally ordinary life. Except for the fact that the Spinel Lady is still living inside of her." Shiloh sighed. "So um, not that normal. You can probably take away most of what you need from that."

"So, I'm thinking altering this document is gonna ******** with her. Kinda like how remaking the sigil ******** with Sonny." He looked around purposefully this time, his head turning around the room. "Uh, I mean, correct me if I'm wrong." He looked to Ezra this time. "You've had a lot more exposure here out of all of us, I mean. So anything you know would be appreciated."

"Before that though." He addressed everyone else again, "I think it's still good to take note of what we all want to see in a remade Court, because that's still the end goal, but I dunno if we need to be messing with this until we know what kinda consequences it's going to have. Like, if we should even be altering this charter instead of making a new one entirely." Shiloh looked a little sheepish. "Uh, I'm gonna get off of my soap box now. If anyone else wants to add their thoughts to this before we move on, then I think now's a good time. I mean everyone. Tithes. Fetches. Y'know, we're all in this..." He sat back down, the charter still held up delicately in his hands.

He fought back a yawn, though it obviously wasn't from boredom.

"Try to go one at a time though. I wanna see something actually get done this time."

shibrogane

azuredreams
jereheyhey

iloveyouDIE
that's an algernono

daekie
alexHISS

cibarium
juliano bombito

The Semblance of Unity
temphemp

Smerdle
That Dad Man

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:19 pm
Oroh got a smile from Ezra. Then Fell's curtsey got another smile, and Wick's approach was welcomed with a lifted hand. As he collected his prodigal children from their new patrons, he turned his attention to Temperance. "I am no longer visibly on fire," he said. "Visibly." He left that there.

Silk linked an arm through Beel's as Shiloh began to talk. Her expression faded from a smile to something blank, almost dead, as he continued. "Changing the document will also change the deer triplets," said Silk. "Their forms are channeled through the document. Moonwalkers and wargs will experience the fallout as well."

What happened to pretend I'm not here?

Lady crossed one leg over another. She was definitely pissed about something.

Ezra, among his fetches, said, "Simply altering or destroying the document would change nothing. As long as the original document or the Spinel Lady continues to exist unharmed, the other will be able to reform as it was. You have to have a plan to deal with both."

Melancholies

azuredreams
jereheyhey

iloveyouDIE
that's an algernono

daekie
alexHISS

cibarium
juliano bombito

The Semblance of Unity
temphemp

Smerdle