Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Southern Conventions
Animazement 2017!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gyatt

Shameless Cat

17,600 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:35 am
anyone else going?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:03 am
ixxau
anyone else going?

Hi ixxau, Could you post a current Website for the Animazement Convention. Thanks.

To answer your question I wouldn't be surprised if our Guild Member "Milky Bubbles" will be going to this Convention again. You can send her a Message and ask her yourself. All you need to do is to check out her Animazement thread from last year "Animement 2016...Are you prepared? ' and check out her Avi / Profile. It would be nice for two of our Guild Members to meet. smile Below I'm quoting from her thread about general advice on going to a convention. Have fun at the Con this year and let us know how things went.

Quote From Guild Member "Milky Bubbles" thread "Animement 2016...Are you prepared? '

gaia_angelleft gaia_crown gaia_angelright

Just a few, quick reminders about everything when it comes to going to Animazement:

-Be ready to wait just a little bit when it comes to picking up your badge. Animazement's line work has improved vastly over the years but you should still expect a little bit of a wait, even if you've pre-ordered your badges! Wear comfortable shoes if you can to avoid unnecessary irritation! Remember, you can always go and change. Just be patient~

-Animazement occurs in the Spring(though typically it feels like the Summer!) so it is very wise to ensure that you have plenty of water!

-Get plenty of rest before you attend the convention. You nor anyone around you is going to have a very good time if you/you all are grumpy because you only got 2 hours of sleep!

-Please make sure that you eat! yum_burger If your cosplay is really tight around your mid-section it would be smarter if you ate small snacks throughout the day instead of big meals because trust me, you don't want to deal with indigestion while wearing a waist-cinching corset!

-TAKE SHOWERS. Real showers, not a simple wash down. If you don't shower at least every day that you attend your convention, you and your costumes are going to get super smelly and no one likes the smell of body odor.

-Have a con bag! Carrying a bag with you all day throughout the convention may seem like a hassle but if you are cosplaying, you are definitely going to want to have a bag that you can carry your stuff in. Trust me, you don't want to have to go back to your hotel room just to get your phone charger, just carry it with your stuff with you in a small tote bag!
(Also make sure the bag has a zipper on it, conventions are very fun but that doesn't stop people from having sticky fingers!)

*You con bag should contain things like:
- Extra water/water bottles
- Band-Aids
- Your wallet
- A wig brush or comb
- Medicine for headaches/migraines/joint pain/etc.
- Your phone & a portable phone charger if possible
- An emergency cosplay kit that contains hot glue, face wipes, and any other things that pertain to the cosplays you will be wearing
- Your hotel door key
- Duct tape, just in case

-Leave your drama outside of the convention center. Nothing more to say on that!

-Be responsible. Just, in general. Don't just leave your stuff sitting around with someone that you just met and do your best to keep tabs on your own stuff.

Everyone goes to conventions to have a good time and meet up with old or new friends! It's up to all of us to ensure that we have the best time and avoid things that could have been prevented~

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Ouja Akuma

Wealthy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:03 pm
I'll be going.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:23 am
Me! It's been a while since I've been to a convention for fun. I am quite looking forward to it.  

celestrialdarkmoon

13,665 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Southern Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items