Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ☆ Anime Reviews
Ghost in the Shell Live Action

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:49 am
A couple days ago my husband (apologianick) and I went to see the new Ghost in the Shell movie featuring Scarlet Johansson. I've seen the anime series and enjoyed it, but I hadn't seen the animated movies because there's nudity, and, I have some personal struggles with that. Even though I haven't seen the animated movies, I've watched reviews and summaries of the movie that the new live action one is based on. With that being said, I know I'm not able to give a full opinion on how the new one is compared to the one it's based on, but I can tell you from what I've heard about the original, this movie followed it very faithfully. The costumes were exact to the anime. The difference I could find with the major characters was with Major Motoko, and it's seen in the trailers as well, instead of having a completely nude bodysuit like in the movie it's based on, it's more opaque. It's nearly see-through, but like the, erm, "parts" aren't shown, which was good to me because those see through "parts" were the reasons I couldn't watch the movie it's based on.

The soundtrack was incredible! From what I've heard, one of the songs in this movie came out of the movie it's based on! Whether that's true, Idk, but I still loved the soundtrack. It definitely had the sci-fi futuristic feel. The soundtrack is by Kenji Kawai and Steve Aoki. If you're into that kind of music, I definitely recommend listening to the soundtrack. Once I have the money, I plan on purchasing the soundtrack on iTunes myself sweatdrop

The special effects were Ah-Mazing! I'm really into special effects and when I saw this movie, I saw it in IMAX 3D. It was definitely worth it! I actually saw a video before seeing the movie that all the robotic stuff in the movie, they actually 3D printed! Man, that takes some mad skills and patience!

All in all, I give this a very high rating, especially since the US doesn't have a very good history as far as I know of, of making good anime live action films (do I need to remind everyone of Dragonball Evolution *gag sweatdrop ). Idk maybe it's just I haven't seen very many anime to live-action movies. From what I heard, the Avatar the Last Airbender live action movie was horrible. Even though it's not an American live action made film(s), the Death Note ones weren't all that impressive to me either because they did change some key parts in the movies from the series (I won't give it away in case you haven't seen them) that was a bit disappointing. But from what I have heard about the original movie this is based on, the new Ghost in the Shell was pretty much faithful to it. I loved the movie and plan on buying the DVD when it comes out. I definitely recommend this movie AND soundtrack. If you're not really into sci-fi futuristic robotic stuff, you might be lost throughout the movie. My husband was completely lost with all the tech stuff in it. Idk, maybe it's because I actually saw the series before the movie I understood it, but at the same time the movie takes place before the series so Idk. I understood it. Again, definitely recommend this movie! I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:21 pm
Angelic_Pastel_Soldier
Angelic_Pastel_Soldier
A couple days ago my husband (apologianick) and I went to see the new Ghost in the Shell movie featuring Scarlet Johansson. I've seen the anime series and enjoyed it, but I hadn't seen the animated movies because there's nudity, and, I have some personal struggles with that. Even though I haven't seen the animated movies, I've watched reviews and summaries of the movie that the new live action one is based on. With that being said, I know I'm not able to give a full opinion on how the new one is compared to the one it's based on, but I can tell you from what I've heard about the original, this movie followed it very faithfully. The costumes were exact to the anime. The difference I could find with the major characters was with Major Motoko, and it's seen in the trailers as well, instead of having a completely nude bodysuit like in the movie it's based on, it's more opaque. It's nearly see-through, but like the, erm, "parts" aren't shown, which was good to me because those see through "parts" were the reasons I couldn't watch the movie it's based on.

The soundtrack was incredible! From what I've heard, one of the songs in this movie came out of the movie it's based on! Whether that's true, Idk, but I still loved the soundtrack. It definitely had the sci-fi futuristic feel. The soundtrack is by Kenji Kawai and Steve Aoki. If you're into that kind of music, I definitely recommend listening to the soundtrack. Once I have the money, I plan on purchasing the soundtrack on iTunes myself sweatdrop

The special effects were Ah-Mazing! I'm really into special effects and when I saw this movie, I saw it in IMAX 3D. It was definitely worth it! I actually saw a video before seeing the movie that all the robotic stuff in the movie, they actually 3D printed! Man, that takes some mad skills and patience!

All in all, I give this a very high rating, especially since the US doesn't have a very good history as far as I know of, of making good anime live action films (do I need to remind everyone of Dragonball Evolution *gag sweatdrop ). Idk maybe it's just I haven't seen very many anime to live-action movies. From what I heard, the Avatar the Last Airbender live action movie was horrible. Even though it's not an American live action made film(s), the Death Note ones weren't all that impressive to me either because they did change some key parts in the movies from the series (I won't give it away in case you haven't seen them) that was a bit disappointing. But from what I have heard about the original movie this is based on, the new Ghost in the Shell was pretty much faithful to it. I loved the movie and plan on buying the DVD when it comes out. I definitely recommend this movie AND soundtrack. If you're not really into sci-fi futuristic robotic stuff, you might be lost throughout the movie. My husband was completely lost with all the tech stuff in it. Idk, maybe it's because I actually saw the series before the movie I understood it, but at the same time the movie takes place before the series so Idk. I understood it. Again, definitely recommend this movie! I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

i transfered this post into the Anime reviews sub forum  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:22 pm
nena_sakura
Angelic_Pastel_Soldier
Angelic_Pastel_Soldier

i transfered this post into the Anime reviews sub forum

Okay thanks smile  
☆ Anime Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces