[PRP] mercermergency (jer/alg/nev/sy) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:22 pm
Nev was sitting on Dad's cell phone. He was kind of hungry, but he knew that if he got up to make a snack, Sy would wrestle it away and things would be bad. Worse than they already were.

She had let him type what he wanted when he'd found the listserv thing, criticizing his grammar and exclamation point usage the whole time, but now that a whole five minutes had passed without a call, she wanted a turn of her own. Since her initial choice of message had been
WHERE'S BENBEN, Nev thought it would be a bad idea to give in. Sitting on the phone was the only way to keep it safe. Sy had developed a thing about butts lately. If stuff was in close proximity to one, she wouldn't go near it.

Sy was quietly glaring at him now, because there was nothing to say. They had always known where their father was before, and now they didn't. It was a simple problem. They hadn't had the luxury of living through his previous disappearances, and even though Aunt Liv didn't seem to think that one night was anything to worry about, for the sirens it was.

"If you're going to the kitchen, could you get me some Cheerios?"

"I'm not. So no."

azuredreams
iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:39 pm
Jeremiah and Algie had both seen the message when it popped up on the listserv, a concerned look going between the two of them. "Well, we have his number and they have his phone ... I'll just give them a call."

It was why, after sending a quick response on the listserv, Jeremiah was sitting on the couch next to Algie (his hand on his husband's knee) as he listened to the phone ring.

iloveyouDIE
concerned dads

Smerdle
are go

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:25 pm
Sy's frown grew deeper when Nev let out an unexpected giggle.

"What? Don't be stupid."

"I'm not laughing at you. Someone's calling."

He slid away from the phone and they both knelt in front of the ottoman, watching the phone buzz once more before Sy reached for it, butts and all.

"It's Jeremiah Percival."

"I know. Answer it!"

She picked it up, rubbed it against the front of her shirt, and brought it to her ear. "Hello? Jeremiah, hi! It's Sywyly."

azuredreams
iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:48 pm
With Jeremiah calling, Alg was the off stage, concerned murmured commentary.

"Are they alright?" Was heard softly as he bobbed lightly in his chair beside Jeremiah. It was also before his husband even had a chance to ask.

azuredreams
XD

smerdle
he worried

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:11 pm
Algie was given a fond exasperated look as he had not even gotten the question out. "Sywyly?" He even managed to say the name the right way. "Are you and Neverain alright? We saw your post on the listserv."

His eyes cut to his husband again because there he asked. Fingers squeezed Algie's knee again.

Smerdle

iloveyouDIE
ur presh alg, ur husband loves u.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:29 pm
"We're okay," Sy said.

"Yeah." Not being the one speaking directly into the phone meant Nev sounded far away and was bound to be off topic, but he interjected anyway. "Aunt Liv's here and nothing's really wrong, I mean, we had—"

"Do you know where Be... our father is? Did Mr. Algernon see him at work or anything? I'm sure he's okay, but he usually calls if he's going to go see Oroh and he didn't last night." And I'm very worried. She didn't say that part, but her voice did.

azuredreams
most presh
iloveyouDIE
husbands

Smerdle

Scamp

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:38 am
He could vaguely hear through the phone even though it was held to Jeremiah's ear.

Alg was mouthing, 'He didn't come home?' 'Should we look for him?'

Followed by, 'Do they need anything?'

But then defaulted to stopping because Jeremiah had the phone and not him.

azuredreams
neutral

smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:09 pm
Jeremiah let out a quiet huff, finally setting the phone down and pressing the speaker button. Algie was urged closer because the silver-haired man had heard that tone in Sy's voice.

"I'm glad to hear that." That nothing was wrong aside from the fact that Rabbit was missing. "You can repeat your question for Algie, I put the phone on speaker so that he can hear you both and talk too.

"I haven't seen him since we last met at Court. You said he usually tells you if he's going to meet with Oroh? Did you hear him say anything else the last time you saw him?" ... because he was a detective and this was a case and- Well, Algie was going to handle the concerned parent side of this. Jeremiah was trying to not default into dad-mode.

Smerdle
look what u have done

iloveyouDIE
|:

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:00 pm
"Oh, right," Sy whispered, fumbling with the phone a little until she too had activated speakerphone. "I, um, just wanted to know if you had seen him at work, Mr. Algernon. I don't think he was supposed to be there yesterday, but... I don't know." She hadn't thought to keep track of his schedule until she needed to know what it was.

"He was going to that Court thing," Nev said. "He just said he was going to make some changes. No, 'things are going to change'. And he was happy about going. Not like last time. He said he'd see us later."

"We could try to go and see Oroh, I guess." She was feeling stupider by the second, like an overreacting baby flailing because it wasn't getting attention. "I don't want to make a big deal out of anything."

azuredreamz
COP MODE
iloveyouDAB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:24 am
"No I didn't see him at work.." Alg looked worried but now that the phone was on speaker he didn't seem to have questions. He also wasn't sure what he should say about the noble meeting.

He looked to Jeremiah, the investigator himself, "Though I don't think you should go venturing out to find Oroh. We may be able to handle that...?" He glanced at his husband again.

Perhaps they should invite them here, maybe Jeremiah could pop around?

azuredreams

smerdle

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:53 pm
"If you're worried," Jeremiah replied, "then it's worth making a big deal." Especially if you were a child worried about a parent but then- He looked over to Algie and nodded.

"Would you two like to come over here? I can speak with your Aunt Liv and you can visit here while I pop over to check in with Oroh and look at the Court." As he was not sure that if there was something going on, if Rabbit would necessarily want to be found in a state that may not be good for the sirens to see him in. "It wouldn't take long at all."

Smerdle

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:51 am
Nev watched his sister stare at the phone. When she didn't turn to face him, he put a hand on her forearm and said, "Yes, thank you Jeremiah. We can talk to Aunt Liv a little too before you do. Dad's mentioned us coming over to visit you sometime and you're a policeman, so I don't think she'd mind."

"If you could look for Oroh, that'd be good too," Sywyly added. She had promised not to wander around the otherworld alone as a part of their agreement to earn cell phones of their own, and she was trying to be good.

azuredreams
iloveyouDIE

Smerdle

Scamp

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:35 pm
"I can come pick you up," Alg glanced at his husband, "In the car." It would seem much more normal for the aunt of course. Abducting the children from their room or showing up teleporting onto their doorstep didn't always evoke a sense of safety.

"We can pick some snacks up on the way home and Jeremiah can have a look see on the other side," Of course with his powers it would be quick and efficient and he'd be back with news of Rabbit or the man himself shortly.

"I'm sure the cats would like to see you." Cats. Snacks. They had plenty of distractions in the house of course and it was much better for them to be somewhere they could talk about things more openly.

azuredreams

smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:04 am
Jeremiah just gave Algie a look. He had just mentioned speaking with their Aunt Liv. As if he would actually just pop in and out- not that he truly could. There was propriety and respect that his power seemed to adhere to and he would not break it.

"How about ... you speak with your Aunt Liv and we'll be over in just a little bit?" offered Jeremiah. "Hellbine and Violetta can come along with us, I'll have a look in other ashdown while you're getting things with Algie, like he said, and be back to let you know what I find out."

He was of the same mind that it was likely better they could openly speak about things, though he was not entirely sure how much their aunt knew about things. Probably not as much as what was really going on. "Will that be alright? Give you two some time to gather things, just in case it turns into an overnight visit."

Smerdle

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:38 am
"I'd like to see the cats too." Very nearly distracted from her concern, Sy smiled a little and sat up taller.

Nev nodded. "Yeah. We'll meet you outside in a little while."

And they did. About half an hour later, the sirens shuffled from the house, a duffel bag between them and their aunt rolling out to wait nearby.

iloveyouDIE
azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas