Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
Providence HQ (Washington DC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:13 pm
User Image User Image User Image
Mathis Mathews

Mathis narrowed his eyes when Lexi began speaking with Alvin. Jealousy? Maybe. But he had no right. Not anymore. There were a great many comments Mathis thought about making in response to the last thing Alvin had said but he chose not to. In his mind, the new man was not worth the air it would take to say the words. Lexi would notice something unusual. something only she would know because she had spent so long with him before the Dominion kidnapped him and their telepath turned him against Providence. While Mathis was clearly not fond of the man, the air remained at it's normal temperature. "You two enjoy your conversation. I think I'd rather wait somewhere else." With that said, Mathis departed from the two and went to a new chair where he sat and looked down at the burn scars on his hands. They had been the first sign. Lexi had been the last.

Date: January 27, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:36 pm
User Image
▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Alvin McArlington☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

☣Name: Alvin McArlington
☣Sexuality: Straight
☣Mood: Sad, Angry, Regretful
☣Current Thought: I cant just let him slide
☣Current Theme:• Main Theme 2: Assembly

☣ . . . "Equivalent Exchange, everything comes with a price, the question is are you willing to foot the bill for it?" . . .☣

================ ☣==================

Sighing at her words Alvin looked to Mathis. When he looked at him he saw a man broken by the enemy, a man trying to make amends for the mistakes of his past. From what he heard of Mathis' situation, the man has no clue of his former life, former self. As much as he wanted to show him pity he couldnt. Every action has a reaction. Mathis' actions from his time under Dominion has brought forth this reaction from Alvin. When she gave her name, he knew very well it wasnt her true name, but it was better than nothing. After shaking her hand he raked his through his hair and waited for Mathis to depart.

Well it's an honor to make your acquaintance Lady Halo. You are correct we are allies, but that word has its limits. That man cant get a free pass for what he's done, the pain he's brought. Someone has to make sure he realizes the weight of his actions. I'll understand if you see me as a bully but if you had to deal with what i have because of him. It wouldnt be fair to be all happy go lucky around him. "Its ok, we understand you were under mindcontrol when you turned your back on us, killed comrades, helped Dominion occupy territory." I just........I just cant. Its because of that man i joined Providence, to make sure atrocities like i witnessed never happen again.

A flow of emotions began to wash over him as he spoke. Sadness, anger, regret, disbelief. It took a lot not to crumble into a weeping mess in front of her, or transmute the floor under the man into a boiling like liquid. In truth the very sight of Mathis Mathews invoke so many bad memories for Alvin that all he could do was glare as he spoke. But realizing this he brought his thumb & index finger to the bridge of his nose and sighed, fighting back tears. He took his seat and look at Halo.

Again i must ask for your forgiveness, its apparent you two share something in common. Im just a bitter old man not ready to let a grudge go just yet. You must think very pooly of me as well if not hate me, for me saying what ive said up to know. My very first bad first impression. At any rate im glad someone with a level head was around as i loose mine when around people like him. I know this will fall on death ears, but be careful with that one Lady Halo.

Nowing he had messed up he couldnt look Halo in the eyes. Reaching into his jacket pocket he pulled out a locket, opening and staring at the picture inside. Tears began to flow down as he gazed upon it.
Kissing the picture he closed it and covered his face, silently crying, hoping no one had seen him at such a vulnerable moment.

================ ☣ ==================

☣. "I just wish to bring the world back to normal" . ☣

Main Theme 1: A Necessary End
Main Theme 2: Assembly
Main Theme 3: Faust's Theme
Emotional Theme 1: Sorrows
Emotional Theme 2: Vanishing Sky
Battle Theme 1: Blood Tie
Battle Theme 2: Reincarnation- I'll Face Myself
Comeback Theme 1: Shingeki no kyojin Ost - Attack ON Titan
Comeback Theme 2: Devils Never Cry
Theme [Suspense]: Si Deus Me Relinquit

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Faust☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

Santiago Campos

Kungfudemoness

Klayko

Revak-Dovah-Jun

Angelic Genius

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:28 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Kungfudemoness

User Image

While she couldn’t exactly see where she was falling, it was easy to look to the side and find a friendly face who just so happened to catch her, and the friendly face came with a sense of humor. It didn’t take much to make her laugh, and the pun was perfect, so she was hysterical, but quiet enough to hear his question after. “Sure! I owe you one, and what a catch!” she said with a grin, sipping the apple juice by the straw. And to think she was planning to be caught by the floor this time. It was probably for the best that she was only 5’ 3” and weighed 115 pounds; he could’ve probably bench-pressed her a couple times if he really wanted to, the benefits of being a featherweight.

If she had simple instructions, she would be fine, and by simple, she was hoping just to play fetch-the-thingamajig, because she would cause a power-outage or explosion if she tried to fiddle with any wiring, a disaster in the making. When the master of wires himself spoke up about a door, she rolled her eyes and grinned. “I would! It’s just so much work; I don’t know how everyone has the time to put their hand on a knob and turn, or pull and push all the time when I can just—” she snapped her fingers, before disappearing and reappearing beside them, standing up straight. “If you knew you could go almost anywhere you wanted in an instant, why bother with a door, right?” she asked aloud, nudging smoky suave and believing he would likely agree. “Now, how can I help?” she asked, setting her hands over her hips. It was amazing what a girl could do with heels when she could teleport.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:49 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi watched Mathis leave, slightly concerned, as she let her hand fall to her side. After the threat he had delivered she didn't want to leave him alone for too long, however Alvin began to speak to her shortly after. It was a surreal experience, someone telling her of all people that she didn't know what it was to suffer at the hands of Mathis. She had more right than anyone to hate the man. “You have no idea who I am, do you?” She asked more out of surprise than anything. Alvin seemed to know so much about Mathis, she had sort of taken granted that he would know who she was as soon as she had given her name.

“You haven't been the first to tell me that, and I am certain you won't be the last.” It seemed for many he was an easy person to hate, or at the very least dislike. People had been trying to protect her from him for a long time now. She couldn't help but wonder, as much as she didn't want to, who it was that Mathis had killed. A lover was her guess based on the heart locket. She gave a small sigh before carrying on in a gentler tone. “I don’t hate you. I think your anger is misplaced. Mathis cannot change the action of his past, but instead of hiding he is here now, facing the people he betrayed and working to undo those wrongs in the only way he can. If you want to hate someone, hate the Dominion. Hate Clarity who took away his free will and hate Snow who ordered it so.” The situation was a lot more complicated than that in reality. It always was unfortunately. Then she kneeled in front of Alvin, so that she was no longer standing over him but at eye level, in order to ask the question she didn’t want to know the answer to. “Will you tell me what he did to upset you so?”

Jan 27 2013

Divine Nephilim

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:18 am
Santiago Campos
Deadly_Tiger

User Image
Takuto Ishikawa

User ImageUser Image

"Well I'm almost done. What I need is the great honor of a wire holder and passer." He said to his two impromptu assistants with a smirk. After they decided who had the honor, he hopped up on to the table. And examined the wires. Nothing too wrong with this one it just needed a replacement cord in one of the spots. He reached up, being just tall enough with the edition of the table, and unplugged the aging cord. Letting it fall to the table with a thump, prehaps it would suprise and break up the tension on the one side of the room. Seriously though if they wanted to duke it out, go outside and do it. "Pass the blue one?" He said holding his hand out to the great and honorabe wire holder.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Earlier...

Adrian stood at the window of the Mansion's main hall, swirling a wine glass full of grape juice in one hand. He had never found it difficult to maintain the illusion that he was a normal, run-of-the-mill guy. All he had to do was walk around looking the part, talk the talk, and smile. Which for the most part was easy. He was a good enough actor to make himself seem like the most genuine guy in the world, and to some degree- one would argue he was. But that's only if they didn't know about his nighttime activities. Where he actively prowled the streets for deviants to torture and kill as his alter-ego, Osiris.

He looked down at his watch noticing the time. Only a matter of time before he needed to be at work. Wouldn't want to be late now would we? Everything about Adrian's image was carefully planned, like a painting of a rich model. White button-down shirt, at least three hundred dollars, neatly ironed navy slacks, at six hundred, glistening black shoes that stated clearly he did not do much active with his life, five hundred dollars. His watch alone was more than one thousand dollars in worth. And lastly, a navy blue blazer to top it off, seven hundred dollars. Hell, the glass in his hand probably cost more than most's monthly salary. "And so begins the first day of the rest of our lives." said Thorn toasting to himself with a smirk as he licked his lips.

Now.

Adrian sized up the building in front of him. It looked...futuristic. Something you'd see in a comic based movie as CGI. Not bad. Also, not what he expected but what he could get used to. A few minutes later, he walked inside the meeting room. Noting the room itself was bigger than the one back at his old HQ for sure. Finding a open seat he sat and began to observe. These people after all were going to be his new brothers in arms.

Nightwing

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:31 pm
User Image

Leon Farshaw

“One can hardly argue with that logic, though next time the floor might catch you instead of a handsome gentleman such as myself.” Leon gave Wink a wink. He was glad someone was here to liven up the place, and in a good way. A few were sitting around not talking to each other and there was some drama going on. They were all doomed if they couldn’t get along better than this. “We need to liven this place up.” He informed his two companions, even as he held out the blue wire to Takuto seeing as he was still holding them from earlier. That or he was going to run out of his refreshment before the meeting was over.

Jan 27 2013

Santiago Campos
Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:16 pm
Klayko

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Shakir had arrived around time for the meeting—or rather, the early wait period beforehand, but it would occur soon enough. He ended up spotting a familiar face, however, a male named Jaxon for whom he encountered a few times in some of their missions. “Hey! What’s good, man?” Jaxon seemed to be suited up, too. It seemed formalwear was the norm, after all. He wasn’t forced into a suit, but he did wear one, just in case. It wasn’t the first time he was told to dress nice; it was a meeting, after all. Supposedly it was supposed to discuss their big game plan, or at least figure out where to focus their efforts, because the current state of the war wasn’t exactly tipped in their favor. It wasn’t that they were losing, but progress was stagnant as of recent, and it didn’t seem like their war was going to be over anytime soon. In fact, he spent the last week trying to keep the riots down in New Jersey. Shakir would play it off like he was relaxed, though.

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:38 pm
Santiago Campos

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxƖȤȤƳ ƑƠƦЄƧƬЄƦ

Oh meetings this was a new brand or tourture for this fast minded deviant. Most people would be late if they left the same time Izzy left for things. So him leaving and arriving to the meeting was done in a heartbeat, like literally a heartbeat. The door would blast open and a breeze would be felt but the culprit would be lightly leaning on the wall near Wink. The two being so free spirited where fast friends even with Izzy being relatively new to Providence. "Who's your best bud?" He said holding up a juice box of Winks favorite brand of apple juice. He figured she have some but would run out quickly. He wiggled the box creating temptation for her.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:37 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Kungfudemoness

User Image

“I like those odds,” she replied. He then mentioned that the place needed living up. It was a war, yes, but if they didn’t take the time to smile once and a while, their troubles would get the best of them. “It does,” she said, awaiting a cue for wiring, so she could pass any that Leon wasn’t already holding. “I don’t suppose we could convince them to—” It was then that a familiar face, and Izzy brought her true love: apple juice. It was a dream come true, and she wasn’t even asleep. “Oh, come here, you!” she exclaimed, running over to her pal and giving him a hug first. “I’ve been running out. I’m going to be broke at this rate. It became easier to run out of stuff when I memorized the location of my fridge, so I can just poof there, grab some more, and then it’s all gone!”

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:27 am
Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122

Kungfudemoness

Divine Nephilim

iGeha

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

When all the time passed, everyone was directed into the meeting room in their respective rings. Naturally, the acting director would speak first. “As everyone is aware, our combined efforts managed to find stable footing against our enemies, but we’ve reached a point in this war where little to no additional progress is being made; for every push we make, they have pushed back in kind. If we do not move forward, they will likely outlast us. We can’t let that happen, so we’ve assembled many of you here to settle on a plan of action. Let’s begin.” With that said, the floor was opened for anyone who had a suggestion on the main efforts of the organization. As far as overall rumors went, some may have sought to dedicate all efforts to attack the capital, while others may have been more interested in making a general push through the country, just to name two.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:01 pm
User Image
▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Alvin McArlington☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

☣Name: Alvin McArlington
☣Sexuality: Straight
☣Mood: Sad, Angry, Regretful
☣Current Thought: I cant just let him slide
☣Current Theme:• Main Theme 2: Assembly

☣ . . . "Equivalent Exchange, everything comes with a price, the question is are you willing to foot the bill for it?" . . .☣

================ ☣==================

Her question brought him out of his regretful abyss. Tears still in his eyes he removed the locket and showed her the picture within

My dear Angelique, and our three sons, Samuel,
Richard, & Charles. She was 6.5 months pregnant with our first girl, Sophia.
Angelique and the boys were volunteering at a Providence outpost when that b*****d was under Dominion, and died in the attacks. That man has caused me an unimaginable amount of pain. I know its not my place, but he needs to pay for his crimes.

As he spoke anger was clear in his tone, but just in time, the meeting had begun, and everyone was called to their respective rings. He closed the locket Looked to Lady Halo, bowed and made his way to his ring and hoped this meeting was worth the wait.

================ ☣ ==================

☣. "I just wish to bring the world back to normal" . ☣

Main Theme 1: A Necessary End
Main Theme 2: Assembly
Main Theme 3: Faust's Theme
Emotional Theme 1: Sorrows
Emotional Theme 2: Vanishing Sky
Battle Theme 1: Blood Tie
Battle Theme 2: Reincarnation- I'll Face Myself
Comeback Theme 1: Shingeki no kyojin Ost - Attack ON Titan
Comeback Theme 2: Devils Never Cry
Theme [Suspense]: Si Deus Me Relinquit

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Faust☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

Santiago Campos

Kungfudemoness

Klayko

iGeha

Revak-Dovah-Jun

Angelic Genius

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:48 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“I’m sorry for your loss.” What else could she say, but the standard answer everyone gave? A shiver ran down her spine at the revelation. Sure, she could tell him that revenge didn’t bring the dead back, nor did it lessen the suffering. It only masked the pain for a time while one was focused on getting revenge. She had a feeling he’d argue it was justice, not revenge though, so she kept that thought to herself as she stood and the call to take their seats in the meeting room saved her from trying to form some sort of further reply.

She dutifully returned to Mathis and took a seat next to him. Was it duty, or did she want to sit next to him? Better yet, had Mathis meant the threat, or had he simply wanted to compel her to sit next to him? Lexi hadn’t missed that small spark of jealously, yet he was adamant their previous relationship was simply a job. She was just pushing off what she didn’t want to think about though. It wasn’t the most opportune time. She should wait until after the meeting so they could actually discuss it alone. Yet she knew it would eat at her if she didn’t say anything. So while the others were still finding their seats she leaned towards Mathis and spoke in a hushed tone to prevent others from listening. “He said you killed his wife and children at a Providence outpost.” Internally she was pleading for him to deny it. Say it was one of the others with him, or even that it was an accident of some kind. Killing enemies on the battle field, she could understand even if she didn’t like it. Children though….

Jan 27 2013

nine1122
Divine Nephilim

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:51 pm
Mathis Mathews

"I didn't kill anyone who didn't try to kill me. I hurt them, maimed them, and broke their spirit, but I didn't kill them. If I kill them, it was because they were trying to do the same to me." Mathis spoke in a detached tone as he sat awaiting anything eventful in the meeting. He had ideas but he would not be the one to propose them. No one would stand behind an idea that a traitor put forward, no matter how good the idea was. "If he wants to cry about it, he is welcome to. His family chose to fight and that means they chose to risk their lives. He can't blame me because they weren't good at it."

Date: January 27, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:43 pm
User Image

Leon Farshaw

Leon waited a few heartbeats to see if anyone else had a plan of action they wanted to put forward first, though it seemed even Providence was subject to the usual bystander effect. That is to say, everyone was waiting for someone else to speak first in front of the large group gathered here today. Likely due to a fear of being ridiculed. Luckily, he had no such fear. Was it due to his previous life in the US military before being discharged? Ironic that, since these days Deviants were now the best hope his former superior officers now had. Perhaps it was simply his personality to not be overly concerned with what others thought of him or to be overly confident. Or maybe it was the liquid courage he was so dependent on to function. In any event, after the Director opened up the floor Leon was the first to stand, his speech slightly slurred as always though many might assume it was simply his manner of speaking. “We cut off Nova Diem. Send in carefully selected task forces to poison their water supply, destroy the islands power source and sabotage food supply lines. They will either be forced to draw back their troops to defend the city, or leave it in a vulnerable state.”

Jan 27 2013

Santiago Campos
Kungfudemoness
nine1122
Klayko
iGeha
Divine Nephilim

Main Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash