Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
Providence HQ (Washington DC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:03 pm
User Image

『 Ȼɑɼɱεɳ Ϣɼɩʈε 』

"It is a pleasure to meet you Mr. McArlington." Carmen answered with a bright smile.She was more than glad he seemed willing to listen to her. The question was where they should go. She didn't know him well enough to invite him to her apartment - Carmen had been suspended from the field since her rescue to deal with her mental issues, so unlike the agents who were constantly traveling and only stayed in the Providence housing she had rented a proper apartment. There were several meeting rooms around the headquarters they could use, but it seemed too formal. Besides call her paranoid, but if Mathis could slip passed the telepaths of Providence, so could someone else. Who knew who was listening around here. Carmen looked off to the side a bit, as if she was looking at someone else. Who that was would be difficult for Faust to say, but shortly after she nodded before turning her attention back to Alvin. “How about Cafe Bicyclette?” She asked, naming a nice little cozy café a little distance away. It was less likely they would run into anyone they knew that way.

What if a dream was reality and reality was a dream?
What If things we imagine actually happened?
And real life situations were artificial?

Wake up in your dream
You can do anything there
Well I know you will
Because you've been there so many times before
Take your
dream

Jan 27 2013

Divine Nephilim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:28 pm
User Image
▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Alvin McArlington☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

☣Name: Alvin McArlington
☣Sexuality: Straight
☣Mood: relaxed, intrigued
☣Current Thought: We are kindred souls
☣Current Theme:• Main Theme 2: Assembly

☣ . . . "Equivalent Exchange, everything comes with a price, the question is are you willing to foot the bill for it?" . . .☣

================ ☣==================

That will suffice. Lead the way.

He said as he held the door for them to exit.

================ ☣ ==================

☣. "I just wish to bring the world back to normal" . ☣

Main Theme 1: A Necessary End
Main Theme 2: Assembly
Main Theme 3: Faust's Theme
Emotional Theme 1: Sorrows
Emotional Theme 2: Vanishing Sky
Battle Theme 1: Blood Tie
Battle Theme 2: Reincarnation- I'll Face Myself
Comeback Theme 1: Shingeki no kyojin Ost - Attack ON Titan
Comeback Theme 2: Devils Never Cry
Theme [Suspense]: Si Deus Me Relinquit

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Faust☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Deadly_Tiger

Revak-Dovah-Jun

Angelic Genius

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:28 pm
Of course they gave several explanations as to why something happened. He painted his face as one who was above the bullshit, but as soon as Lexi and Mathis said something, he let out a light chuckle.

“Oh, I'm just being dramatic,” he stated. “With a basketcase like that, I’m sure getting through the doors and cameras and other things were relatively easy.”

This was now a wrap, for the most part. The melodramatic edgelords had stepped away and hopefully those within the meeting hall who needed their hands held and a pacifier in tow had finally come to a solution on hitting back against their enemies. Still, as a soldier, he felt like something needed to be done about people who could just randomly come in and use their powers and flaunt out quick hostage standoffs.

“Now that one task is over with, I suppose we should be making our way back?”  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:40 pm
User Image User Image User Image
Mathis Mathews

"I imagine the meeting would be over by now so I will be on my way. There is work to be done. I'll see you around." With that said, and not much else, Mathis began to leave. He would go to his apartment, which he had only very recently gotten after being forced to stay in the Providence living space for a while. There he would begin to plot out his work. There were many people who helped the Dominion in less direct ways. Public supporters and such. He would target them first. But until then he would rest and try to find a little joy outside of his goals.

Date: January 27, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

Klayko

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:53 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi was a little dismayed to see James’s office door was currently closed. It meant he was with a client. She glanced at Joel, before knocking on the door anyway. They could wait until he was finished, but she had a feeling he’d want to see Joel right away after months of being depressed and moping around the office. She had decided not to call or text him on the flight back to DC, figuring he would spend the whole time pacing around his office waiting to see Joel. Better to do the introduction in person. Still she felt bad for the client who was about to have their investigation delayed. “Look who I found wandering around Kansas.” Lexi said with a grin when James opened the door and stepped back to make room for him and Joel.

Jan 22 2013

PieknyMotyl
Tigerlvr_Bailey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:08 pm
I can do what I want, I'm in complete control. That's what I tell myself.
I got a mind of my own, I'll be alright alone. Don't need anybody else.
I give myself a good talking to. No more being a fool for you.
I remember how you made wanna surrender.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Dᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ Jᴀᴍᴇs Bʀᴀɴᴅᴛ ↘↘
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Always the same, You say that you'll change. Somehow you never do.
I believe all your lies, The look in your eyes. You make it all seem true.
I guess I see what I wanna see, Or is my heart just deceiving me
With that look I know so well, I fall completely under your spell.

For months James had been stuck in a consistent bout of depression, unable to focus completely on any particular task. Of course, he still took cases and did his best to solve them, but none were really so intense as his last case in Sacramento. He was careful to steer clear of anything that seemed like it could get close. He wasn't entirely ready or willing to take on anything of that caliber again yet. He had spent the first few months in DC getting settled in the living complex of the new Providence headquarters, and making sure his license to be a detective had not fallen by the wayside now that he was in another state. Then he had nearly demanded that Lexi find a way to get him an office. She had followed through, as no one was too keen on seeing his depressed state go even more downhill. It seemed everyone would rather he moped in his office instead of around the halls. No one dared to bring up Joel since they fled to New York and DC, and it was the one topic even James himself had carefully avoided. He refused to believe his friend was dead, but he knew it was the likeliest scenario after nearly a year and a half. Therefore, it was better to just not bring it up at all.

Needless to say, the detective was rather surprised when a firm knock sounded at his door as he sat going over some paperwork with a client... Something about some kind of demon dog....

"Excuse me for a moment, please." James said politely to the client with a nod of his head as he rose to get the door, dropping the pen he had been taking notes with. James opened the door, and furrowed his brow a bit. Lexi knew better than to knock when he was with a client, so it was probably important. "Lexi?" He questioned, but she was quick to step aside, commenting on finding someone wandering around Kansas. Looking over at the figure beside her as she stepped away, a range of emotions crossed the detective's face. Confusion, shock, and finally relief flooded him all in the span of a few seconds. If he had been carrying anything he probably would have dropped it. "Joel?" He asked, as though making sure he were real, and not just some delusional hallucination. Hopefully he hadn't cracked."What are you... I thought... Where have you been??" James stuttered out, unable to quite form a coherent sentence in the sudden shock of it all. Here he had been, knowing Joel was gone forever and unwilling to admit it, only to have his best friend show up on his doorstep out of nowhere.

"I've been looking everywhere for you." James admitted, a sheepish look crossing his face. He was still slightly in shock, and unsure how to react. Finally, he stepped forward throwing his arms around the other man in a huge hug. Inside his office, the client peeked awkwardly through the door, the look on the woman's face confused and questioning, clearly wondering whether she should wait or come back later. James pulled back again. "What exactly were you all up to in Kansas?" He asked, then. It seemed a strange place to run into Joel, who had been off the radar for over a year.

❝Damn your eyes.
They're taking my breath away
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
For getting my hopes up high
Making me fall in love again!
Damn your eyes.❞

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PieknyMotyl

Garbage Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:12 am
User Image

Joel McClanahan | Detective | Providence | Thirty two |
                                                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                        ∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

The trip had not turned out to be fruitless, for they had discovered the location of Joel’s younger sister. Though the news wasn’t quite what he had hoped it was still better than hearing she was dead, or worse not knowing at all. Lana was alive. And safe. Joel hadn’t quite comprehended the news just yet.

They arrived in DC not too long later after discovering this news, and before Providence gave him the okay to see his sister, they had someone just as important to see. Joel felt kind of like a small child again – on the way to see Santa. Joel hadn’t realised just how close he and James were until the two were separated, and honestly, cheesy as it sounds, he felt as though a piece of him were missing. Though this was soon to be rectified.

He followed Lexi into Providence HQ, where they made their way to James’ office. The building was never a place Joel liked to visit, because every time he came here he was greeted with a wonderful migrane, that worsened the longer he stayed. But meeting James again would be worth it. Lexi briskly knocked on the door, despite knowing that a closed door meant he was busy and likely wouldn’t be too happy to be disturbed. They heard a faint. ‘excuse me’ before the door opened, and he exclaimed at Lexi in confusion before finally, James noticed Joel stood just behind her.

If Joel was honest he had been convinced that James had been dead all this time from the attack, and seeing him was like seeing a brother again. He couldn’t quite decipher how he felt.

“And I you, I went across the country,” He told him, unsure of what else to say. It was all so surreal. He had been away for so long, and now here was James? It was then that James threw his arms around him, and Joel returned the hug – that seemed to have been initiated to ensure the other was in fact real. “I thought you were dead” Joel said, his face somber yet full of relief. He had found his best friend, after all this time he was alive.

Finally he parted from James, who asked what they had been doing in Kansas. Joel coughed before speaking. “Well after the attack, I thought that had you survived you would have fled as I did, so I went looking for you. I was also looking for my sister,” Joel explained, placing his hands in his pockets. “I went to every Providence outpost until I ran into Lexi and Izzy who brought me back here” He didn’t acknowledge Mathis having been there, he didn’t feel the need.

| Location- Providence HQ DC | Feeling- Relieved | OOC:

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:48 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi couldn't help but grin as she watched the two men look at each other for the first time in months, each being convinced the other had died in the Sacramento tragedy. A feeling she could relate to all too well. It felt good for something positive to happen for the first time in a while. It seemed like her life had become one tragedy after another. Shock, joy, and relief the colours of their aura fluctuated wildly with the sudden influx of emotion. “Lucky I was there. The guards were getting ready to arrest Joel.” She threw in just as her cell started ringing.

Excusing herself, she stepped away from the pair to answer her phone while the two caught up. It was a relatively short conversation and she returned after only about thirty seconds. “Well, you've gotten clearance Joel, but they want certain precautions for you to see her. They want me to go with you.” It could have been worse really. They could have made him only see her through a window, or sedate her and strap her to a chair. From what Lexi had gathered, Joel's sister was incredibly volatile. Luckily Lexi was more than capable of protecting Joel and the doctors were hoping that seeing Joel might help Lana. So far everything else had failed. “I'll let you explain to James. Did you want to go right now?” She could come back later if he wanted to visit with James first. It was quite a lot to take in all at once.

Jan 22 2013

PieknyMotyl
Tigerlvr_Bailey

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:44 pm

James grinned to hear that he was not alone in hoping for the safety of his best friend. Not that he thought Joel had forgotten about him, but if he had assumed him dead than what reason would he have had to look? It seemed they had both feared the worst. "I was beginning to worry, myself." James admitted, before Joel moved on to answer his question of why Kansas of all places. He explained that he had been looking for James, but looking for his sister as well when Lexi and Izzy had found him. He nodded in understanding, knowing that his friend had been looking for the girl for quite some time. From what James knew of it, Joel's sister had run away when they were teenagers, and Joel had been unable to find any trace of her since. He glanced up as Lexi stepped away to take a phone call, though her talk was brief and she soon rejoined the pair.

"Well, you've gotten clearance Joel, but they want certain precautions for you to see her."

James snapped his attention to her, looking between Joel and Lexi with a dawning realization. "Your sister?" He exclaimed, putting Lexi's word's together with what Joel had just told him. "She's here? At Providence?" He sounded both excited and confused, all at the same time. There was so much happening all at once, and he was trying to sort it all out in his head. She spoke again, telling Joel that he should explain, and asking whether they should go now or not. "Why do you need to go with him? No, never mind. You don't have to explain, we should go. If your sister is here, you need to see her." James urged him, the words flooding out. They already knew the other was alright, and he knew Joel had spent his whole life searching for his sister. James already felt immensely better just seeing his friend in front of him again. Catching up could wait if there was more to be done before that. They would have plenty of time for it later. He was sure Joel would be just as anxious to get to his sister as he had been to get to James -- if not more so. He would not keep his best friend from something so important.

❝Damn your eyes.
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
Damn your eyes.❞

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:42 am
User Image

Getting ready to arrest him? Now he wasn’t sure it had gone quite that far. He might have ticked off the guards but he wasn’t about to become a criminal. He rolled his eyes at the statement. He watched briefly as she walked away to take a phone call. Immediately, Joel was excited, for this call might be the call that verified if he was allowed to see his sister. He was briefly distracted from James as he watched Lexi nervously as she answered.

Thankfully, the call was brief, and Joel was spared an anxious wait. “Well you’ve gotten clearance,” Those were the only words he needed to hear. For a moment, he began to feel nervous. What if she didn’t recognise him? What if she was in fact completely insane? She could hurt him if she couldn’t control her power, and Joel didn’t particularly want another hospital visit from yet another ‘freak lightning’ attack. He was almost relieved when it was confirmed that Lexi would come with him. Joel was speechless for several moments, only staring blankly at Lexi as he attempted to digest this information.

Joel turned to James as Lexi told him he could explain. “You should know,” He shrugged. “Lexi has to come, because there’s a slight chance Lana could kill me on sight,” Joel said. “Her mental state isn’t particularly strong currently, hence why she’s contained in Psych,” Now Joel was obviously extremely strong, and was clearly a match for most but he often drew the line at sentient electricity- something adult life had told him was probably best. “I have to see her James, we can catch up later, at least I know you’re not… dead,” He waved his hand in front of him gesturing to the man in front in a joking manner. He was eager to go and find his sister, it had been too many years, and he wanted to take care of her now, since he had failed too before.

| Location- Providence HQ DC | Feeling- Relieved | OOC: FINALLY OMG

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Quote:

PieknyMotyl

Garbage Fatcat

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi watched as the dark blue and dark yellow clouded Joel’s normally very red aura at the news he’d be able to see his sister. It was only natural he would be nervous. She had spared him the worst of the details of what had actually been done to Lana, only that she had been rescued by Providence from the scientists the hunters worked for. There was more than a slight chance Lana would end up trying to kill Joel on sight, but the doctors were hopeful seeing her brother might help with recovery. So far she had failed to respond to any of their attempts to help the poor girl. They hadn’t even know who she was until now. It had been so long though, she might not even recognize Joel. On the other hand, it was amazing to see how much James’s aura had brightened up just by seeing Joel again and knowing his best friend was okay.

“Would you like to come with James? Maybe not into the actual room itself, but you could probably wait outside.” Lexi had a feeling Joel would be needing his friend close by after seeing his sister. She had a feeling it wouldn’t be a very happy meeting.

Jan 22 2013

PieknyMotyl
Tigerlvr_Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:59 am

James furrowed his brow as Joel spoke, saying that there was the slightest chance Joel's sister would kill him on sight. James' expression fell, at his friend's explanation, as he went on to tell him that his sister was not in a good state mentally. Finally Joel told him they would be able to catch up later, knowing that at least the other was alright now. James gave a hesitant nod, not too sure how he felt about the idea that Joel's sister might attack him as soon as she saw him. He couldn't very well try to convince Joel not to go, though. It was his sister. He had searched for her his entire life. James knew this was not something that Joel would be talked out of, regardless of how dangerous a state she might be in.

James turned his attention to Lexi as she spoke to him and nodded. "I wouldn't mind tagging along for emotional support." The detective grinned. Until this very moment, he likely would not have made a good emotional support system for anyone. He had barely even been able to keep himself together. James moved to the side and gestured for Lexi to lead the way.

❝Damn your eyes.
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
Damn your eyes.❞

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PieknyMotyl

Garbage Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:44 am
User Image

Joel nodded. "Come, It would be nice to have you there," He smiled briefly, putting his hands into his coat pocket. In all honesty, Joel was sure he had never been so nervous before. Yet so excited at the same time. He worried that Lana wouldn't recognise him, or worse he wouldn't recognise her. Joel had had her face in his mind for so many years, it was difficult to imagine her as anything but the young girl he had known her as. As James moved aside, Joel did also so that Lexi could pass. He shot James a look, both of eagerness but also of fervent relief that he was in fact alive. He was sure he would sleep well at the end of the day, or perhaps not at all.

| Location- Providence HQ DC | Feeling- Relieved | OOC:

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:19 am

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

With everyone in agreement Lexi lead the way to where Lana was being held. It was actually in a different building entirely, a short drive away. On the way there she explained briefly about the rooms patients were held in had some sort of technology that prevented powers from being used within. The building itself was quite new and modern looking, the sign outside advertising a psychiatric hospital for deviants. It wasn’t until a few years ago that there even public knowledge of Deviants. Before then, they were all hidden away in Providence buildings.

Once there, they were greeted by a doctor in the reception area who seemed rather excited to meet Joel. As he lead the trio towards the room Lana was in he explained how Joel just might be the breakthrough they had been hoping for. Soon they were standing in front of a one way mirror. At first it was just cloudy and they couldn’t see inside, but with a flick of a nearby switch they could suddenly see inside clear as a normal window, though if Lana could see them in return she gave no sign of it. Based on what the doctor had said she couldn’t. The room was surprisingly nice….almost normal looking until one noticed all of the furniture was built into the walls or bolted to the floor. There wasn’t the usual knickknacks one might see in a normal room. Nothing harder or heavier than the pillow and blanks on the bed that could be picked up or thrown. “Whatever happens Joel, at least you know she is somewhere safe now. Whenever you are ready.” Lexi said softly. He would enter first with Lexi right on his heels. If she entered first, a stranger, the girl would definitely attack Lexi, possibly without even noticing Joel behind her.

Jan 22 2013

PieknyMotyl
Tigerlvr_Bailey

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 am

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

L A N A x M c x C L A N A H A N
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Places: the room xxxxFaces: intruders

Lana sat on the bed, head in her knees, her hands curled around her legs. She twisted mindlessly at the plastic bracelet around her wrist. She didn't know what it was, but she was sure it gave some indication as to who she was and what she was capable of. Something about it kept her from being able to use her power. She was weakened. Vulnerable. She had tried to snap it off -- even succeeded once --
                                                  but they just came back and put a new one on her. Even with it off for whatever brief period of time, it hadn't changed anything. She was still unable to defend herself. Lana yelled out in frustration at the empty room just thinking about it.

Her lunch sat untouched on a platform stuck to the wall. They had taken to slipping it through a slot, since she wouldn't let anyone open the door. She didn't trust it. Drugged. They always drugged her. She would starve before she let them do it again.

She had to admit, this room was nicer than the others they put her in. At least she had a bed now. But it was all a trick. A trick to gain her trust. A trick she wouldn't fall for. They claimed to be helping her. They claimed the people who had hurt her were gone. She knew they were lying. They had to be. No one had rescued them. They were simply moved somewhere more secure. Liars. Liars. Every one of them. She knew, because they took her electricity from her. Sucked it from her body. They had learned how. They were much better at it now. It was a good trick. It might fool the others, but it couldn't fool her. Lana frightened them. She knew she did. It had to stay that way. If they stopped being frightened they would start the tests again. Poking. Prodding. Breaking. Pushing. It was never going to end. Lana brought her hands down hard against the blankets, trying hard to keep a tear from escaping. They couldn't see her weaken. That was when they would strike.

A click at the door pulled her out of her thoughts. It had been a long time since anyone had tried to bother her, though she didn't know how long exactly. Weeks? A month? Hell, she didn't even know how many years had passed at this point. Lana tensed, but remained seated. She would have to surprise them. Otherwise they would be on their guard. She waited until she heard the door swing open, and then the click of it closing. The floor was carpeted, but she could feel the static between herself and the others. She waited until the space between them grew smaller, though they were hesitant to approach. It was smart of them to be. Lana let out a guttural yell, launching herself off the bed and throwing herself at the intruder. She was strong, though less so without the help of her abilities. She didn't even bother to take in the faces of the people who had dared to enter. She only knew that there was a male and a female. She didn't care to ask who they were. It was't important. All that mattered was that she frightened them.

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

Main Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas