Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
Washington D.C. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:40 pm
User Image User Image User Image
Mathis Mathews

"Honestly it is a little of both." Mathis replied to her question about why he felt she could not help with his memories. "I don't trust you because I believe that you don't know the truth. I think that you see the version of the truth you want to believe and latch onto it to an extent that may blind you to what actually happened. That kind of connection makes your account unreliable." When he finished speaking to that, he moved to the next topic of the Dominion, a topic that was growing stale. So rarely in the world could you convince someone to see your side and from the sides they had been on, it was easy to see why bias stood strong in their words. "Lexi, this banter about the Dominion gets us nowhere. You will always see them as a villain and I will always see them as a conquering power we are trying to repel. Note that those are two different things." He saw them more as a Columbus of sorts than enemies. It was possible that in time, if the Dominion won, a better world would be built. But not in their lifetimes. When he saw Lexi stand he knew the conversation was coming to an end. He felt relieved. Even though she was the most kind, some conversations with her felt like battles that he did not want to be in. He didn't inherently want to fight her, but he couldn't agree with every opinion she had and he was no longer the type to be quiet about it. Still in the last two things she had said, a new, clear question came into Mathis's head. something he couldn't hold in. "Lexi why do you try? Why bother with me at all anymore? I'm not him. I'm not your Mathis. I never will be. Whatever you think is left of him... it's gone. All that's left is me and I am not someone to befriend. My morals, my feelings, they are warped, damaged by my memories and mental health. Don't waste your life chasing someone who already lost their own." He felt he needed to say that. He needed to hear himself admit that he was not who he used to be, whoever that was.

Date: January 27, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:56 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“A logical conclusion. I can hardly fault you for believing such. So in a world where the only people who know the truth can't be trusted, what is it you plan to do?” It wasn't the first time Mathis had accused her of some kind of delusion and she doubted it would be last. Perhaps his time as a psychologist caused him to see disorders where there were none, or perhaps it was simply easier for him to believe she didn't know the truth. Lexi tried not to take it personally. Even she could admit she was hardly the model of mental health. “There is no such thing as villains in the real world. Not really. Hitler, Stalin, even my parents all thought they were the heroes and doing the right thing. The only reason they are villains today is because they lost and history is written by the victors. Still I can't argue that there aren't certain members of the dominion things have gotten rather personal with. However, I still enjoy these conversations even if we don't always agree. It helps me see another perspective, and you have a perspective few others do.” Marcus she knew why he supported the Dominion and there were plenty of stories not so different than his. Deviants experimented on or disowned by their families. They weren't villains, but the two tiered system the Dominion wanted based on a genetic lottery. It wasn't any better than what the few humans had been doing to them all of these years.

Mathis's next question caught her off guard. One that deserved as true of an answer as she could give though.“That is a complicated question and one I'm not sure I have an answer to. The short answer is because I want to.” She paused for a second trying to figure out how to answer. “I know you aren't the same man you once were. I'm not the same person I used to be either. This war has changed me. But you are less different than you think. Sometimes it's...” She looked away from for a second, taking a breath before looking back. “You talk about your mental health, but I'm hardly what someone would call of sound mind. You talk about not wasting my life, but my family is dead, the man I loved was taken from me in the most cruel way imaginable and most of my friends are dead, insane or have left. I don't expect things to be as they were before, if that is what you are worried about. I'm not sure I could. I mourned your death. I tried to kill you. And despite all of that, or maybe because of it, I still care for you. I don't really know how I feel towards you....what I'm supposed to feel, but I do know that much. I want to help you find happiness. Whatever little there is left in this world to find.” Maybe it was out of guilt for dragging him to New York, or maybe it was misplaced feelings towards the old Mathis, her Mathis, or maybe it was because he was still the only person she really felt any degree of comfort around. The one person she didn't have to put on a act for. Whatever the reason, she really did want him to be happy.

✬Jan 27 2013✬8:48PM✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:45 pm
Mathis Mathews

"Move on. I know the events of my past, I just don't know the motivations. I have goals and once they are achieved, I'm done. With this war, with Providence and the Dominion. With all of it. Once I have what I want, I will let the last group standing sort out the rules of the world." Once he said that, he listened and thought on her answer to his deeper question. He wanted to make it clear to her, he didn't want her clinging to him. He had feeling about her, feelings that were hard to explain. Admiration... maybe... but no. It wasn't that. It wasn't particularly romantic either it was more like a ghost. Something that haunted him. It was as if he knew he loved her but did not feel it. Part of his heart wanted to comfort her and the other wanted her to leave. It was always like that now. He was a divided man. Yet as was always Mathis's way, the heart that shut out others would win. "Thank you for your time. I will be in contact when I have more information to act on." That was the end of it. The sheltered heart won because it was safest. Maybe he would regret it, that choice, but he wouldn't be able to change it. Ever.

Date: January 27, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:50 pm
"Nothing is True and Everything is Permitted"

User Image

➵Lucy Xiao Long➵
Lynx

Oh she was sure Providence would be more than happy to take Jayson’s word about anything. Not that he had really ever lied as far as she could tell, but the chaotic and unpredictable nature of how he went about things made others not trust him. Case in point as he suddenly veered to see what was going on with the bugs. “I can agree with those politics. And I want a gasmask, not just goggles.” Not if she was going in there. Bugs didn’t particularly bother her, but clearly someone was controlling them and she could just picture the buggers crawling into her ear. Securing said gasmask to her face, Lucy followed Jayson inside in order to attempt to protect him from himself. It seemed like a flamethrower or 5 might be required to achieve that.

A few threats and snarky comments later and the s**t hit the fan. Lucy paid no mind to the redhead shouting because unnatural, monstrous looking bugs seemed to appear out of nowhere. In the blink of an eye, and a flash of metal she sliced one in half. It fell from the air, green goo splattering and legs twitching only for another to take its place. One of the windows broke and right after canisters spewing gas followed. "Providence." She mumbled. Well there was no escaping now.

Jan 27 2013

vortex2365
Morrislmao
Omnipotent Seraphim

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:51 pm
While the commotion was occurring inside, six Providence agents had arrived outside unbeknown to those around. One among their number was blessed with the gift to render herself and others invisible.

“Five inside, three bystanders, two fighting. One of the bystanders is wearing a gas mask." It was certainly an odd thing so he made note of it, projecting the report into the others minds. However things quickly started to unravel before any other comment could be made. "We need to need to subdue them now." The well trained agents of Providence needed no more urging than that. The first sign of their presence would be revealed by the front window shattering, a small piece of concrete from the sidewalk outside flying threw it, followed swiftly be four canisters landing inside, seemingly from know where by any onlookers, hissing and quickly expelling dark smoke. A barrier, yellowish in colour, formed a dome over the cafe in question within about a second of the canisters appearing, trapping everyone within, bugs included which had landed on the roof of the cafe. Those inside would have a few seconds before the gas would render them unconscious and the Providence Agents were ready to react to any escape attempts.

vortex2365
Morrislmao
Omnipotent Seraphim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:19 pm
Elsa Amora

Deadly_Tiger

Omnipotent Seraphim

Morrislmao

User Image

JAYSON WRIGHT

Jayson clutched his head and rolled his eyes back as he felt Carmen's power take a hold of him. He had experienced a similar experience back in that underground bunker when he had been tricked into stabbing his friend. Frankly back then the power had been applied a little more subtly but he wasn't complaining, it only made it easier to understand what was happening. He ran his hand through his hair and closed his eyes to get a better grasp on his surroundings, already aware that his eyes were going to be playing tricks on him as soon as he opened them. He stepped forwards, eyes still shut tight and as he did he felt a lull in the amount of bugs around him before suddenly something large collided with his head with a dull thud, he staggered forwards but, thankfully, didn't lose balance and fall. He took a breath, reminding himself that it wasn't real, and as he did he tasted a new flavor in the air, a chemical quite unlike anything he had ever tasted before. Well maybe not unlike anything he'd tasted; it was kinda like tear gas mixed with horse tranquilizers. He sucked in a mouthful to savor the taste and opened his eyes to the room, there were giant bug like creatures swirling about but Jayson found it difficult to be scared by the larger bugs as the regular ones just seemed comical, perhaps it was their mandibles. He was going to try an approach the source of the illusions when it became apparent that they were loosing effectiveness, which was no sweat off his back, but he did realise that the chemical in the air was a little more potent then the standard stuff. He instead turned to the girl that had been covered with bugs and rushed across the room to her side before the gas became too thick to see. He summoned one of Incognito's gas masks' and placed it on her face before she could object. He shook his hand and took out a pair of high tech goggles appeared in them, which he quickly put over his head and turned on. He had picked them up while working for the Hunters and honestly loved the things, but this was one of his last pairs. "Hey, breath. Breath. Like this." He breathed in and out through his mouth, chewing slightly as the gas seemed to turn to dust in his mouth. "We need to get out of here, quick see if there is a back. Or stairs. Or some sort of teleport." He gave her a gentle push towards the counter and turned back to find Lucy. She was still there although after her performance in the morning he wasn't sure if she would actually fight or not. He motioned for her to follow and felt confident enough that she would cover the rear without further prompting. He leapt over the counter, rigging it with a small explosive trap as he did and summoned a revolver in preparation for the coming fight. He was not going to let Providence ruin his entire day.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

It seemed Mathis was going to more or less do what she had suggested in the first place as far as his memories went. A decision she thought would be better for him in the long run even if it meant giving up all hope on him recovering his real memories or coming around to accepting her version of events. Lexi hated seeing him so conflicted and uncertain of himself. Still he deserved honesty from her, and it wasn't her choice to make. “I think it would be better for you if you did....but if you did want to try to discover your motivations, Glitch might be a good person to talk to. He could likely find your old emails and texts. I don't know what you'll find, but maybe you'll find some forgotten chain giving you a clue.” What Lexi would give to know the thoughts running through his mind after she gave her answer. Oh she could tell he was conflicted, but what exactly he was conflicted about she didn't know. The simple dismissal was somewhere between disappointment and relief, as most things which involved Mathis seemed to be these days. She wanted to know what his thoughts were on what she had said, and there was a conversation there they should definitely have. A conversation they had been avoiding since he came back. This was the closest they had come and yet she was happy to escape it, though she would tell herself she was just giving him time to think over what she had said. “Enjoy the rest of your evening Mathis.” And with that simple farewell, she took her leave.

✬Jan 27 2013✬8:50PM✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Atlas Judge

==========================================================

February 2nd, 2013.

Atlas' eyes started to slowly open. Disoriented, he awoke and noticed his new surroundings. Beeping machines, wires all connected from them into his arms and stuck to his chest. He did not remember what happened when he arrived in D.C, but whatever it was must have been intense. He looked at the clock, and it was near midnight. He was surrounded by a curtain, and it didn't sound like anyone was on either side of it.

Once he fully came to, he started to peel off all of the wires stuck to his chest, and slowly removed the I.V that was in his arm, covering it was gauze and taping it down to prevent bleeding. He got up out of the bed and immedietaly became very dizzy. He took a minute to compose himself, and hoping nobody would see him, made his way for the exit.  

AquaBuddha

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:49 pm
Before Atlas made it very far a nurse popped into the room, wearing scrubs and carrying a clip board. The computer at the nurse’s station had alerted him when Atlas had removed the wires attached to him. Patients waking up and trying to leave on their own was strangely common. “Whoa, you haven’t been cleared to leave yet. Why don’t you sit down and I’ll call a doctor to look you over.” Truth be told, he had already called the doctor and told security to be on standby in case things got violent. Nurse’s didn’t get paid near enough for the kinds of things they had to deal with.

Baron de Croix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi entered the room behind Joel. It was a strange stepping into the room as all of the colours surrounding the people near her vanished. It was one thing to know about the power blocking rooms, it was another to experience it. Everything felt…..dull. She didn’t have long to dwell on the peculiar feeling however as the occupant in the room let out a shout and launched herself at Joel. Lexi didn’t intervene right away, though she knew the doctor and by extension Providence wouldn’t be very happy with her. She trusted Joel to have at least a basic level of self-defence given his line of work and the less violent things were, the better for both Lana and Joel. Still she was ready to get involved and pull Lana off if needed.

She couldn’t help but feel like an outside looking in on a very private moment that she shouldn’t be involved with. Lana with so much fear and anger, Joel with so much pain and guilt. She wanted to say something, but she had no idea what to say. Maybe James would know, but he was waiting outside. Joel seemed to have Lana relatively contained so far, so she remained quietly to the side, while somewhat hoping Lana wouldn’t notice her standing there until she had a moment to calm down.

Jan 22 2013

PieknyMotyl
Tigerlvr_Bailey

OOC: Kinda realized we were posting in the wrong thread since they left the HQ.  

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

AquaBuddha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:48 pm
Deadly_Tiger

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Atlas Judge

==========================================================

February 2nd, 2013.

Atlas stopped, letting out a sigh at his failure to make it out. "With all due respect Sir, I don't even know how I wound up here. I can assure you, however, that I feel perfectly fine." The nurse did not waver at his words, so he rolled his eyes and went back and sat down. He isn't sure where he is so the last thing he needs to do is raise any sort of suspicion.

"Ok, I'll wait for this doctor to come and tell me what I already know." He sat down, resting his head in his hands, feeling pretty sluggish. The last thing he remembered was walking down the street, and some guy bumping into him. After that, it's all black.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:23 am

Laura Hebret
Locust

( LOCATION ) xA cafe in D.C. tab ( Feels ) x Trapped. tab ( WEARING ) xGasmask, over-sized hoodie and sweatpants, a backpack with her costume and gear in it, lots of bugs.

So much had happened at once. The pair had barged in, the guy throwing around chemicals had passed into unconsciousness, the illusions were beginning to fade, and geared people were gathering outside. Probably powered-police. Laura quickly realized something that may prove useful, they were invisible. She could use that, maybe. "Can they see each other?" She thought to herself. She began collecting bugs on the backs of their pants, not enough to draw attention, but enough that she could keep track of their positions and doings. She began formulating plans, directing all of the bugs under her control. Everything was brought to a halt when the windows shattered and field went up.

The non-resilient bugs caught in the immediate vicinity of the gas were immediately done for. The bugs on the outside immediately went for the providence agents, catching most of them off guard. They may have been invisible, but they were still standing in a swarm. She directed the ones that couldn't sting or bite into eyes, ears, genitals, all while the agents were being coated in more directly harmful insects.

It'd been a few seconds since the crash of the concrete into the room, and the guy who tried to talk the alchemist down approached and put a gas mask on her. "Thank you" was all she was able to get out before he went on. There was a basement, but no way out. They could set up in there for a fight.

"No way out, not above ground, at least. We're trapped in a bubble. Bugs are keeping them busy, for now, but I can't guarantee they'll stay that way." She saw him rigging an explosive to the door, and was struck with an idea. "If you can blow a hole through the floor of the basement, we could make it into the sewers."

Laura drew a telescopic baton from her bag, and flicked it to its full length.

deadly_tiger
vortex2365

Morrislmao

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:17 pm

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

L A N A x M c x C L A N A H A N
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Places: the room xxxxFaces: intruders

Lana shook her head frantically as the man spoke calmly to her. His tone was pleading. She didn't want to listen. She didn't want to hear lies. At least before the people who hurt her were silent or angry. They didn't pretend to be trying to help. They didn't tell her everything was alright, or tell her they weren't there to hurt her. It was almost worse to be lied to than to have anger directed towards you. She couldn't trust anyone. Only herself. Only her own mind. Only what she knew. And what she knew was that these people were liars. The man even let a tear fall, trying to keep her contained.

"It's me, it's Joel, I'm your brother, I'm not here to hurt you, I swear."

Brother? She did have a brother. Somehow they had found out his name too. It only proved their lies. Her brother was far away. For all she knew, dead. He had been shot by the man who took her. That was a lifetime ago. He would not be here, in this room, with these people. Lana let out an angry yell and dropped to her knees. Why were they doing this to her? Why were they trying to hurt her with words?Break her more than she was already broken? She could steel herself to physical pain, but this kind of torment reached her soul. She felt angry tears welling up behind her eyes and blinked them away, still shaking her head furiously. "You lie... You all lie..." She muttered in frustration. "Just stop. You can't be. It's not possible." She went on, though it seemed more like she was speaking to herself than to either of the other two in the room. Lana brought her hands up to her ears to cover them. "How do you know about me? How do you know about my brother?" She hissed through clenched teeth, though her hands were still at her ears. She didn't really want an answer. She just wanted it to stop. She wanted them out. This was worse than any of the other tricks they had tried on her.

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

((LOL I just kind of assumed it was like an extension of the HQ even if it wasn't in the same building.))  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 pm
User Image

Deadly_Tiger

《》《》《》《》《》Cantil

Jan 29th, 2013 11am

He had a good sleep probably the best he had in like forever. Though something was nagging him out of the sleep. A beep? It was beeping in a rhythm. He opened his eyes and noticed he was indoors. Wow, he was groggy... As sleep eventually left him he saw some machines. He recalled a nice guy coming to help and said he was going to a hospital when he was hurt and a nice lady in strange clothes before he fell asleep. Wait he was hurt. The beeping was speeding up as he started looking around all confused. The place where he was shot was all bandaged up and he had different clothes on. Even more so when he realized he had things attached to him. The screen was a different color now too and the beeping was a lot faster. What was going on!?

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 pm
User Image

『 Ȼɑɼɱεɳ Ϣɼɩʈε 』

Carmen was completely oblivious to most everything going around her. She didn’t see Alvin fall, nor did she notice the window breaking a short while later, or anything anyone else was doing really. “Get away!” She shouted while her own illusions surrounded her. As much as she hated the horde of normal bugs that had filled the room, these revolting monstrosities were too much. If only Providence had allowed her to carry a gun, given the fact she didn’t have an offensive power to defend herself with. Instead she grabbed a chair to defend herself with. That the normal bugs had seemed to have all fallen to the floor and stopped moving was lost on Carmen as she swung the chair wildly to keep the monsters at bay while backing away. Her arms were getting weak however, and the heavy chair slipped from her grasp, clattering to the floor with a loud bang. Another step back and her legs gave out too. The last thing she saw before passing out completely was a translucent insect perched on top of the chair she had dropped, ready to pounce on her.

What if a dream was reality and reality was a dream?
What If things we imagine actually happened?
And real life situations were artificial?

Wake up in your dream
You can do anything there
Well I know you will
Because you've been there so many times before
Take your
dream

Jan 27 2013

Morrislmao
vortex2365

Main Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items