Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
Washington D.C. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:46 pm
User Image

Deadly_Tiger

Mystic Lunar

《》《》《》《》《》Cantil

Jan 29th, 2013 11:03 am

Cantil perked up when the doc said she would take him to where it was safe, that and food was a possibility too. He had been looking around the room out of curiosity. Everything was so clean. He looked when he heard someone, a girl enter his room. he was surprised and admittedly suspicious, but she didn't try to hurt him when she came over to him. She asked he not say she was here. Sure that was easy he had done that before. "I won't but why are you running?" Cantil asked. Was there something happening? Should he be panicking too?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:57 pm
Kungfudemoness
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rachel Vibrant

A voice is a powerful thing.

Jan 29th, 2013 | 11:08am

He wouldn't say she was here? Yay, but he also wanted to know why she was running. It seemed silly but this wasn't the first person she would visit and suddenly they felt better after she talked to them. Her friends always seemed to heal too after she talked with them. It not like she know for shear that her voice was doing it but her mother could hear anything and her father with the silly voices made her think that maybe her voice did something as well.

"Well, you see I think... I think I woke up a patient... and they didn't think she was going to...But I think my voice fixed her." Ya that made no sense. "Oh maybe I can show you?" She looked at his bandage. her voices changes as she says, "Your going to be all healed up really soon with no scar." She barely matched the right frequency to heal him but it would speed up his own healing process and might even make it so there was less of a scar.  

Mystic Lunar

Lavish Wildcat

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:12 pm
"What could be more luxurious than a good book,
a soft couch and a warm cup of tea?"
User Image

Dr. Krista Morhan

“Oh, hello Rachel.” Kristan stepped back into Cantil's room holding a tray of food for the snake deviant. “Does your mom know you are here?” She gave the girl a bit of a smile suspecting that Nurse Vibrant didn't know Rachel was talking to patients again. She knew the young lady meant well, but family's tended to get upset by some random girl wondering into their loved ones room. Cantil didn't seem to mind though, and he needed all of the friends he could get. The doctor set the tray on the table beside the bed and uncovered the food. “As promised, no vegetables. I do hope you like ginger beef and sausage.” It was an odd combination, but there were only so many options at the hospital cafeteria. “At Providence they should be able to set you up with a meal plan better suited to your deviance.”

Jan 29th, 2013 | 11:09am

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:08 am
User Image

Deadly_Tiger

Mystic Lunar

《》《》《》《》《》Cantil

Jan 29th, 2013 11:10 am

Cantil may have a confused expression but not cause what she said didn't make sense but he wondered if she was special too. Cantil had never met another person that was differant like him before he had got shot at an hit in the leg. Him mom had always told him even bad stuff happens for a reason. He wouldn't be getting a new home had he not been shot at. "It doesn't hurt as much now thanks!" He said being bonest. It didn't have that dull ache. The docter arived and Cantil could smell food. Even more so once a cover was lifted. He definitely lit up when he couls see the food. Whoa was all that his!? He was use to spreading that amount of food out. He did notice the fork. He knew how to ise one he was oly so good with it. Most good he had growing up was eaten with fingers. He was likely man-hadleing the fork bit he was too happy for food to care. "Thanks!" He said proceeding to eat. He hadnt had a good meal for a few day so this was great! "Oh! Did you need some?" He asked them it was rude not to offer.

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Mystic Lunar

Lavish Wildcat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:13 pm
Kungfudemoness
Deadly_Tiger
Rachel Vibrant

Jan 29th, 2013 | 11:11am

Rachel stops and looks over at Dr. Morhan. Did she know? maybe? but her gift was different but the same as her parents. Different in what it did but it was still sound. "My mom asked me to drop off her lunch." Best to stick to the truth the fact her mother thought she went home after wasn't something she was going to say. Still, the Dr. seemed to bring the kid who was hurt? did her powers really help? she never really stuck around after she talked to someone here to see. her mother would talk about how people got better or worse mostly that she was worried. But still, she didn't know what she was talking about, maybe she should make her escape? It seemed like things relaxed in the hallway.

Still, it seemed bad to leave the guy alone. He seemed happy to feel a little better but did she really do anything? it was always hard to tell. "What kind of place is that?" She asks her parents would tell her something like when you're older you can know. For the food she didn't really want any or need any he seemed hungry so he should eat it all.

((Sorry if it confusing))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 pm
User Image

Dr. Krista Morhan

Krista was glad Cantil seemed rather excited about the food, but then Rachel asked a somewhat complicated question. “Well Providence is many things, so it really depends on who you are. They fight The Dominion and work with the US government. However for young Deviants like Cantil, they give a place to live and help with their Deviance. A lot of newly developed deviants struggle with their powers so they are taught control both for their own safety and others. It's also a good place to make friends who won't judge you for being green.” She added the last bit mostly for Cantil. She hoped he would find a better life there than being homeless and alone.

Kungfudemoness

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:00 pm

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image User Image User Image

L A N A x M c x C L A N A H A N

Places: the room xxxxFaces: intruders

The man kept talking, seeing that he had gotten her attention to some degree, trying to say what he could before she shut him out again. He seemed very sincere, and no one that had tried to talk to her before had left the ball so entirely in her court, so to speak. She wasn't sure she trusted him, or that he was who he said he was, but he didn't seem ready to attack her or strap her to a lab table, and he had no needles -- he didn't look like a doctor at all. That was somewhat reassuring. She called the shots, he told her. She spaced out at a spot on the floor listening to his promises and pleas and rocking slightly in her place as she tried to decide what to do. The man was confusing her terribly. She was upset, and she didn't trust anyone, but she wanted to believe what this man was saying to her, which in turn made her all the more frustrated and confused. She knew that it couldn't be real, but she was having such a hard time finding the holes, especially with all of the things he knew about her.

Finally she shot a look back at the two people in the room. If she had any say, they would humor her, and if what she wanted couldn't be done, then the man was a liar, just like everyone else. "I call the shots?" She repeated, almost testily. "Fine. I'll talk to you. Only if she goes outside." Lana jutted her chin out towards the woman in the room. She didn't have the focus to pay attention to both of them at the same time, and she'd be damned if she let her guard down to talk to one person, only to have the other sneak up on her. "And you stay by the door." She added as an afterthought. She couldn't have anyone getting too close. If they complied, then perhaps there was some truth to the things he was saying. They seemed simple enough demands to her.

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:39 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

It had been a dramatic few minutes. There was so much fear and pain in Lana, Lexi was afraid Joel wouldn't be able to get the break through they needed. She could hardly blame the woman. Lexi was way more familiar with the kind of work those scientist did. The kind of work her parents did. It was difficult for her to directly face someone who was damaged by the experiments done. By comparison Marcus seemed like a rather well adjusted individual. So Lexi stood quietly by the door, pale faced and rather shocked by what she was witnessing. It was extremely difficult to watch, yet she had promised the medical staff she would stay in case Lana became violent.

Then Joel told Lana she could call the shots, and Lana took it a little more literally than likely what Joel had expected. She wasn't sure how the staff outside felt about leaving Joel alone, but in Lexi's mind there was no option. If there was a chance she would open up to Joel, no matter how small, she knew Joel would want to take it whatever the risk to himself. She reached forward and gave Joel a small squeeze on his shoulder that she hoped was comforting. “I'll be outside if you need anything.” She told him softly, without waiting for him to answer Lana's request. Then she slipped out the door and into the observation room with James and the psychologist who had been attempting to treat Lana all this time.

“That was harder than I expected.” She told James in the same soft tone she had used with Joel. She didn't elaborate though. Lexi didn't really want to get into everything in her own past, especially with the doctor standing there, but also because it felt a bit selfish. This should be about Joel and Lana, not herself.

Jan 22 2013

PieknyMotyl
Tigerlvr_Bailey

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PieknyMotyl

Garbage Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:34 pm
User Image

Joel McClanahan | Detective | Providence | Thirty two |
                                                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                        ∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

All Joel could do was pray silently, that some of his words were being heard by the girl. She was erratic, scared and volatile; and rightly so. She had been through hell and back, they would be stupid to accept anything less. This was all he had wanted for decades, and he would be damned if he couldn’t get through to her.

Joel’s breath stopped when she looked up at them both. Her eyes more… determined? It was as though she was trying to catch him out. Which of course she probably was. “Yes, yes! You call the shots,” He said nodding his head fervently. He almost sighed with relief when he heard her say the word “fine”. Before he could respond he felt lexi’s hand on his shoulder. For a moment he was worried she would refuse, but she merely confirmed her support before leaving the room. He nodded in acknowledgement. He was most thankful towards her. Despite this worrying him slightly. He knew what Lana was capable of, even without her powers. Who knew what she could do now.

At her second request, he moved almost immediately, standing just in front of the door. “Is this okay?” He asked, making sure she was happy. If she wasn’t happy she wouldn’t talk, and that was the last thing he wanted. “Lana I promise you it’s me, is there anything I can do to prove it to you?” He said almost desperately. He was too distressed to think clearly. And the last time he had seen her was so long ago, he couldn’t remember anything specifically that would prove it was him.

Unless he showed her the scars. Under his shirt, across his back were a series of oddly shaped scars which had resulted from Lana’s own powers when they were children. And also, the scar from the bullet which had very nearly ended his life. Joel often forgot about them, since he couldn’t see them. But that was a sure-fire way to prove that it was him. “Don’t panic,” He spoke hastily before being very quick to remove his shirt. “Do you remember when we were kids, and we used to see how much electricity it would take to knock me on my a**?” He turned around so that she can see. How did he not think of this before.

∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴
                                                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

| Location- Providence HQ DC | Feeling- Hopeful | OOC:

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:54 am
User Image

Deadly_Tiger

Mystic Lunar

《》《》《》《》《》Cantil

Jan 29th, 2013 11:10 am

Cantil was enjoying the food. He didn't exactly have table ettequite bit at least he chewed with his mouth closed while he happily stuffed his face with yummy food. It was less salty than the caned food he was use too. More filling too. He felt like it was a holiday. Well in the sense that holidays were always the one time he could eat till he waa full and not need to save food. Oh it be great to eat like this every time. He listened to the docter and nice girl. "I do hope they like me there. It seems nice." Cantil added after swallowing his bite. He hoped for a good place to sleep and food but it looks like he scored so much better!

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Mystic Lunar

Lavish Wildcat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:29 pm
Rachel Vibrant

The boy seemed happy just to have food and when he said he hoped they like him there she smiles, "Hey lets me, friends." She says happily. Maybe not the best way to be friends she wasn't a little kid but she was finding him rather cool. "I mean if that's alright, I think it might be fun to hang out together." Maybe she should try going to the place they were talking about? but did her voice really have a power? or did she just think it might?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:39 pm
User Image

Dr. Krista Morhan

Krista smiled slightly as she watched Cantil. The poor boy must have been starving. Left all alone on the streets, life couldn't have been easy. She couldn't help but wonder why his mother hadn't brought him to Providence. As a deviant, they would have cared for him. Or where his mother had gone, though Krista feared the worst on that front. "Why don't I bring you both to Providence?" She suggested.

It took some paperwork and permission from Rachel's mom, but finally, the trio arrived at the Providence building. Cantil's lack of parents wasn't such a hindrance. Providence dealt with that sort of thing all of the time. Soon they had him signed up and Krista started the grand tour. The first stop was the rec room where there were books, a TV and various games for deviants to play. Some had noticeable mutations like Cantil, while others looked human. None of them paid too much attention. They were used to strange looking people. "Here is where a lot of people hang out in their free time." She explained. "Some deviants who attended public school even come here after classes."

Jan 29th, 2013 | 1:09pm

Kungfudemoness

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:25 pm

L A N A x M c x C L A N A H A N

Places: the room xxxxFaces: intruders

Lana tensed slightly when the woman moved, but she only assured the man that she would be outside. Which confused her even more. She had told herself that if they complied that would prove that there was some truth behind their words, but in actuality it only made her more nervous, because no one had ever responded to her demands in that way before. It wasn't what she expected, which made it frightening. She didn't like when things didn't go like they were supposed to. The part of her brain that knew this was a good thing was almost nonexistent at this point in time. It was a good thing when they left her alone. It was a good thing when she made them so nervous they didn't bother her. They had never listened to her before, and she couldn't fathom why they would have reason to do so now, and so to Lana this charade was going a bit too far. As if the woman leaving wasn't strange enough already, the man claiming to be her brother moved to the door as well, just like she'd asked. "Why?" She muttered aloud, though it was more like she was asking herself than asking him. "Why? Why are you listening to me?" She continued to mutter. "Why are you doing this?"

She continued to mutter under her breath until the man shifted again, telling her not to panic, but she was already starting to panic. Generally once she started she had a hard time stopping it. Her panic attacks were generally on a whole different level, though. Honestly it was a wonder she hadn't just managed to give herself a heart attack or something already. And the sentiment "don't panic" in and of itself was never very comforting. Usually when someone told you not to panic that meant there was every reason to panic. She was breathing rather quickly again, but all her maybe-impostor-brother did was take off his shirt. Again, she was confused. He turned around, revealing scars on his back. "Do you remember when we were kids, and we used to see how much electricity it would take to knock me on my ass?" He asked, and she frowned again, her breathing still a bit erratic. She did. But she was still torn between all the personal details, and being absolutely convinced that this was some sort of ruse. She had said she would listen if they did as she asked, but she was finding it difficult to change her mostly made up mind that they had to be up to no good. She hadn't found out what they were up to, yet, but she knew it was no good. It had to be. There was no other possibility. Slowly she nodded, though she quickly changed her tune again. "This isn't possible," She muttered, shaking her head again. "It's not real, it's not real, I don't know how but it's not..." She continued to mutter quietly, again, to herself. Finally she noticed a detail that she thought perhaps she could catch him on. "Joel would only have had one bullet scar -- you have two." She stated, as though that were completely final. Of course, a logical person would assume that in so many years it was entirely possible to be shot more than once. But Lana was not a logical person currently, and so all that mattered to her in that moment was that it didn't line up and therefore he had to be lying. "I don't know how you know all this. Or if you're some kind of... of... Shapeshifter or something... but... you can't be Joel. It's not possible, it's not real. I can't listen, I don't want to listen," Her breathing was starting to catch again, and her voice was raising ever so slightly as though she might start yelling again at any moment.

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:13 pm
I can do what I want, I'm in complete control. That's what I tell myself.
I got a mind of my own, I'll be alright alone. Don't need anybody else.
I give myself a good talking to. No more being a fool for you.
I remember how you made wanna surrender.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Dᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ Jᴀᴍᴇs Bʀᴀɴᴅᴛ ↘↘
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Always the same, You say that you'll change. Somehow you never do.
I believe all your lies, The look in your eyes. You make it all seem true.
I guess I see what I wanna see, Or is my heart just deceiving me
With that look I know so well, I fall completely under your spell.

James couldn't say that he wasn't a bit disappointed to be left out, but he wasn't going to ruin Joel's chances of seeing his sister by arguing about it. He wanted to be there for his best friend, but he would have to do it from the other side of a window. And he did. He remained outside the window with Lana's psychologist through the entire ordeal, with his arms crossed over his chest. He was tense, partially because he couldn't hear what was happening, and partially because of the situation in general. He sort of wished he had had more time to catch up before delving into this, but he also knew how long Joel had been looking for his sister, and he didn't want to be the cause of more time wasted. This was more important, and it was enough for him just to know that Joel was, in fact, alive and well.

The ordeal inside the room was hard enough to watch, and James almost wished they would turn the speakers allowing them to listen in off. He could only imagine with a furrowed brow what Joel was feeling just now. Even Lexi looked a bit disturbed. James could practically feel Lana's screams through the glass. As if the speakers couldn't quite contain them. It was heartbreaking, in honesty, and James had seen quite a lot of heartbreaking things in his life. "Has she always been like this?" James asked the psychologist, but he had a feeling he already knew the answer, even before it was confirmed that she had been. After a while, James had to turn away from the window for a few moments. Until Lexi opened the door again to leave at Lana's request. It felt like they had been there for ages at that point, but it couldn't have been all that long, really. "That was harder than I expected," She told him gently, and he nodded in agreement. "Do you think he's actually getting anywhere?" He asked, but that was before Lana seemed to grow jittery again inside the room. Apparently listening to her was having a rather backwards effect. "He's not going to give up, you know, even if he can't get through to her right now. He'll keep trying," James commented, as though making sure that that wasn't going to be a problem. They had been apart for a year, but they had known each other far longer, and if there was one thing he knew for sure about Joel McClanahan it was that he was a determined son of a b***h.

❝Damn your eyes.
They're taking my breath away
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
For getting my hopes up high
Making me fall in love again!
Damn your eyes.❞

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Main Role-play