[PRP] Just Like a Movie (Fox & Horace) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:57 pm
The rain was coming; it darkened the horizon and sent strong gusts throughout the town. In other words, it was perfect. Horace hadn't had a lot of practice doing this in Oklahoma; his grandma was heavily against it, but she wasn't here, and he'd done some of it in Florida. Florida was mainly hurricanes, though. A rumble sounded overhead as he peeled into the parking lot. He'd texted Fox and, while he was certain she wasn't overly enthused, she'd agreed.

He pulled up next to the sidewalk and leaned over awkwardly to flung open the passenger side door. "GET IN LOSER, WE'RE GONNA ******** SOME STORMS. Also, hi."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:35 pm
Less of it was 'not very enthused' and more of it was 'I just sat down and have a cat on me, time to perform surgery to remove'. It was the most difficult of her daily tasks as Bento meowed and fussed, trying to resettle into Fox's lap no less than 4 times as the woman put on one sock.

With the odds against her like that, it was a wonder she'd been outside more than 2 minutes when Horace pulled up like the storm they were getting ready to watch. She turned, startled, as he shouted. Then she laughed as she got into the passenger seat.

"Well I hope the storms have protection, cause I'm not having any mini-weather children."

The Semblance of Unity

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:10 pm
Horace grinned. He was excited about this - there was something about storms, about the way electricity seemed to infuse the air and crackle around everyone and every thing. "No baby thunderclouds for you, huh?" He waited until she was properly buckled in.

Then he tossed a camera in her lap and turned out of her apartment complex. "So, there's a giant storm brewing just outside town - the goal is to find the edge of it, get some pictures, then find formations in the heart of the storm. I hope you're alright with thunder."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:58 pm
"Not right now! Gotta find the right storm first," she joked. Not that her parents hadn't been extremely eager for their firstborn to maybe make grandkids happen. Fox....wasn't banking on that possibility, however.

Fox had never considered herself wary of thunder, so as far as she was concerned, she was going to be fine. She turned the camera over in her hands, looking over the buttons and even turning it on to flip through the settings, just to acquaint herself with them. "As long as the car doesn't go flying, I should be ready for anything." she grinned.

That said, she'd thought she'd been ready for anything when a gun was pointed at her...probably not.

The Semblance of Unity

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:54 am
"One day - or you could just claim Bento as your child forever and ever." Just then thunder rolled ominously from in the distance. "Oh, I don't think the storm liked that." Horace rolled down the window and damp air rushed in, the humidity, the smell of the storm ahead.

He pointed. "I can see some lightning; I'm going to try and take a shortcut over there. See if you can get any good shots?" Then both hands were back on the wheel. "Don't worry, my car's not certified for flight... yet."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:33 am
"Bento is my child and my one true love," she missed the sweet clingy purrs when she was not in the middle of having to organize her entire life around them. The smell of rain was one of the best, Fox breathing it in deeply and even cracking her own window open to enjoy the breeze and it whooshed through the vehicle.

"Sure! I'm ready," she said, rolling the window down the rest of the way and securing the camera by the strap around her wrist so she could snap some pictures as they passed by the storm. "Hey, just because it isn't certified doesn't mean it can't do it."

The Semblance of Unity

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:09 pm
"Sounds like a complicated family tree." Horace suddenly jerked the wheel of the car and they were off on a small side street, barreling down it possibly above the speed limit. "We're coming up on it - you'll get wet, but the camera is water proof." He'd get wet, too, but didn't care.

"I wish there were tornadoes here, though."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:50 pm
"I'd need to tornado proof my apartment if we had more tornados," Fox said, but on the same hand she liked that idea a bit more than tropical storms which were..well..dangerous (and her poor sweet baby kitty angel!!).

As they went by it, Fox nearly immediately glued the camera to her face to start snapping pictures. Mostly going for quantity rather than quality because well..weather moved and maybe something would turn out nice, right?

The Semblance of Unity

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:40 pm
"I... I don't think you can tornado proof an apartment." Maybe if she could re-pour the foundation or make a shelter. "Growing up, my grandma used to stockpile food in the event that we'd be trapped in rubble for days after a tornado. I remember being shoved into the closet a lot when the sirens went off." He grinned like it was the best memory ever.

"Does Bento like storms?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:47 pm
She'd have to build a tornado shelter right into the foundation. That...that wasn't going to happen.

"Well. That actually sounds rather scary. I'm not sure being in the closet would be too much fun in bad weather." though she was sure Bento wouldn't have mind. Every time Fox opened up the closet door to get paper towels or a blanket the cat was in there, finding a space at the back to hide in.

"Bento doesn't seem to care about storms either which way."

The Semblance of Unity

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:18 am
"Closets are usually rooms without doors and aren't touching the outside walls of a house. Extra safe." The car shuddered as a particularly high gust of wind smacked into it. Horace hummed thoughtfully, swerving to miss a tree branch in the road. It looked like the full force of the storm had already come through here.

"I never had a pet growing up, but I keep thinking about getting one." An abrupt turn back onto the highway, which was oddly deserted. "My friend has two cats and a dog. I can't say I like cats more than dogs or vice versa."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:05 pm
"Get a bird or a snake. That'd be pretty cool." Fox said idly as she tried to mentally floorplan her apartment and what everything was touching wall wise. Was the closet connected to an outside wall? She wasn't sure, but it was a start.

Why was she worrying even?

Fox continued to snap some pictures. "Good to know about the closet thing. Hope I never have to use it."

The Semblance of Unity

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:31 pm
"Not unless Ashdown keeps getting weirder. It's already weird enough." A beam of sunlight pierced through one of the heavy clouds and Horace cursed.

"I thought it was gonna get worse, not try to clear up." The sky was still heavy and the rain came down in sheets, but it simply wasn't as big a storm as he wished.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:18 am
Fox laughed, "Don't say that too loudly. It might take it as a challenge, you know," she looked back over her shoulder at him with a smile before leaning back into the window to wick some of the water from her hair. It was like a shower without the shower.

"It is kind of clearing out, huh? Do we want to keep circling it this way or maybe it opens up in a different direction?" her grandfather was a bit better of a weather tracker than she was and he would have been able to tell. Then again, he also would have fussed her for being so close to a storm like this, so it wasn't all good.

The Semblance of Unity

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:13 pm
"Bring on the weirdness!" he said, laughing a little. "I guess we better head back. I don't know that it'll open up." He turned the car off onto a side street. Time to get back on the highway.

"Fox, I gotta say I'm a bit pissed that the weatherman was so wrong." He hmphed loudly.

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces