[PRP] Entertain Me (Preacher & Alexis) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:44 pm
She hadn't heard from Alexis in a good long while, which was kind of unusual. Something the ******** was up and she had to find out what. So Preacher had headed over to Nasir's place to bang on a door and bother people. And if Alexis wasn't there, surely Nasir would know where. She did, however, shoot them a courtesy text of 'hey btch im comin ovr'.

Preacher thwapped a fist on the door. If someone didn't answer, she wasn't above picking a lock.

daekie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:49 pm
It took a solid three minutes for any sort of reaction to occur; but eventually there was the sound of bare feet on the floor, and Alexis pulled open the door, yawning. They didn't necessarily look sick or anything -- just...diminished, in some kind of way, with tangled hair and an outfit that was wrinkled the sort of way that implied they'd slept in it. For at least two days straight.

"What do you want," they asked, looking like they were debating the virtues of shutting the door in her face.

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:04 pm
"You," she said bluntly. "Lemme in."

daekie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:07 pm
"Don't feel like it," Alexis said, after ten seconds of deliberation; and they shut the door in her face. The sound of footsteps implied they were walking away.

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:42 pm
Preacher stood there for a second and just seethed. "Uh. Lex. Is. Open tha door or I'll pick tha ********' lock, ya sack o' s**t. I know somethin' weird is ********' up." She slammed her fist loudly into the door.

Alexis, if they turned around at all, would see the knob begin to jiggle suspiciously.

daekie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:16 pm
The door reopened. Alexis was still barefoot, staring vaguely at the ground; their hand lingered on the doorknob for a few seconds. "Nasir and Wil aren't home. Don't pick the lock. If you're hungry, there's food in the kitchen." They turned back, again, and began to walk away.

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:47 pm
When Alexis opened the door, Preacher had her phone out and a half-written text to Nasir, asking if it was okay to pick the lock. Luckily, she didn't have to send that text. She trailed along behind Alexis.

"Nah, I brought tha curly fries. Y'want?" She was, like, a foot away from them, max.

daekie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:11 pm
"Nah." They shrugged. "Not really hungry." There was a ribbon woven into their hair, pale seafoam; one hand reached up to play with it absentmindedly, to give their fingers something to do. "What d'you want?"

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:09 am
"Lots o' stuff. A million dollars, ta hang out, a cake, five million dollars, fifteen cats, n' ta find out why ya been so quiet." She ticked her fingers off as she talked, well aware she was being annoyingly persistent. Preacher had noticed that Alexis felt stunningly different and looked different. Who could miss the change in eyes?

She looked up at them and waited.

daekie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:46 am
"Get that somewhere else," Alexis mumbled. "Don't have cats or a million dollars. I'm quiet 'cause I'm tired, alright?" They twisted the ribbon between their fingers. "Didn't know you were my court-ordered therapist. I'm allowed t'not wanna hang out if I don't feel like it."

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:24 am
"I got eyes, 'Lexis. Somethin' is up n' yeah, sure y'ain't gotta tell me. N' yeah, sure ya don't gotta hang out. But I'm allowed ta be worried, too." This is why friends were messy, she thought. Here she was, on her birthday, holding a greasy bag of fries and talking to someone who didn't even want her there.

She crossed her arms, the movement a bit awkward because of the bag.

daekie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:41 am
As imperceptive as Alexis was sometimes, even they could tell something was up with Preacher; so they sighed, tired. "What's up is all my magic's gone, alright? So I can't take you to other ashdown. None of that. Ain't a noble anymore, either." Their fingers tightened; the ribbon was there so they wouldn't pull their hair out instead, even if it looked nice, even if it contrasted well.

"Why d'you want to hang out? I can't do what you were usin' me for."

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 am
"I... dun wanna go to bullshit land? Like, did I ********' write it on m'forehead or somethin'?" Then Alexis said their second bit and Preacher's face blanked carefully to contain the flash of anger she felt. They thought she was using them?

"I wanted to hang out because I thought we were friends, Alexis." The paper of the bag crinkled in her fingers.

daekie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:20 pm
Alexis might have noticed Preacher's flash of anger. They might not have. Their face was dull, with little emotion, and they looked pretty metaphorically dead inside. "'s nothin' wrong with usin' people. I work best when I'm used. Alois taught me that." He didn't even get their usual last-name-only plan of attack, no; Alois was Important. He'd made them what they were, even if they weren't anymore.

"Y'don't want to be friends with me, Preacher. Don't be stupid."

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:47 pm
There was a crinkly thud as the bag of fries hit the wall. "******** you. I know I'm ******** stupid as s**t, but I don't use people. N' I thought we was friends!"

daekie

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces