Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] Message Send Failure (Vitha x Tisiphone)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vitha was exhausted; she had been sent to deliver a message, and the lion she was supposed to deliver the message to had been impossible to find. Spending an entire day running around, looking in every little hiding place she could think of was not on the schedule, and she swore that if she ever had to do that again she would quit being a messenger; it wasn't worth it. She wasn't going to fail again.

She ended up closer to the border than she had been in quite a while, and wondered if her wandering father would ever show up again. He hadn't been back to visit in several months, and the dark lioness just hoped he was out gathering more stories like he usually was.

There was a small watering hole out here towards the edge of the Pridelands, and she slowly walked towards it, each step feeling more trouble than it was worth. Perhaps she would lie, and just say that yes, she delivered the damn message. "I'm not cut out for this crap," she grumbled as she dipped her chin into the water.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:54 pm
User Image

The decision to trust any messenger in the search for Mittere had been a calculated risk made by Tisiphone at the last hour of her stay in the Pridelands. She was already all but convinced there was no chance of success here, having scouted the pride out for far longer than she had intended.. she just had to play up the persona she had developed for the pride..

She had lied and said she was looking for her mother, completely convinced that her target was a family member and that being the most appropriate lie.. and still, it seemed weirdly exciting to imagine finding her mother, true or false.

The waterhole had been designated as their meeting spot, so she waited patiently, wondering if there was any hope at all that this would go her way. If the messenger was successful, there was a chance Mittere would be coming along with her right now to investigate the stray daughter.. but that was another risk Tisiphone was willing to take.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:02 pm
After having the quick drink to refresh her dry throat, she glanced around to see her client. It was hard to not think of them as anything else; they asked her to do something, and she would carry out the task.

Except she failed this time.

"Ah, you're here," Vitha said with a sigh. It felt like her client was the exact opposite of her; colourful, concerned, and searching for her mother. Sometimes Vitha wished she could send a messenger out into the rogue lands to find her damn father.

"I spent the entire day searching, but I couldn't find who you wanted the message delivered to." Vitha had a good work ethic, even if she could be a little sour at times.

"Are you sure that she's here in the Pridelands?" It was a very vast land, with hundreds of lions, but the description given didn't fit the profile of the average Pridelander.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:08 pm
When Tisiphone saw her messenger approaching, her expression changed to a more open concern and anxiety and she made no effort to hide watching as Vitha went to get herself a drink. Kalypso was completely different than Tisiphone, and this was likely to be the last day of her life.. she could already guess what Vitha was going to tell her.

"Oh no!" Tisiphone fretted, hoping to sound both concerned that Mittere could not be found and that Vitha's time had been wasted. The fact that the messenger went right into questioning if she was sure her 'mother' was living here pushed her outward anxiety levels higher.

"I- I'm sorry," she said, looking down at her paws, "I was so sure.. I mean.. I had hoped.."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:16 pm
Vitha wasn't too concerned about hurt feelings, so the display of emotion from Kalypso didn't really bother her much, beyond feeling a little annoyance. So was she sure or did Vitha waste her entire day for nothing?

The dark lioness sighed. "Maybe she was at some point, but...going on her description, she wouldn't have gone towards the Firekin lands, so I'm just not sure where else she could have gone." The one area that Vitha didn't look was the gorge, but no one went there, and she wasn't about to admit that.

"You could ask another messenger; I'm not as friendly as some of them...but that also means I work quicker than them."  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:27 pm
So, Mittere definitely was not here. Though she still looked upset, Tisiphone's mind was reeling.. she had no doubts she had picked the right messenger for the job, she completely agreed that the unfriendly Vitha was more capable and efficient than some of the other messengers.. and prior to this she had been asking the hares employed by some of the messengers..

"No.."

The Firekin were out of the question but she had heard bits and pieces about other prides in the area while living in the Pridelands. Maybe it was time to move on and see what she could make of those leads.

"Thank you, I'm sorry I wasted your time today," she said dejectedly.

It had always been part of the plan to leave but now that she really had to, she truly was a tad disappointed.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:30 pm
"It wasn't known that it would be a 'waste of time' until after it was completed," Vitha said with a wave of her paw. True, she wasn't happy about the wasted time either, but it wasn't something to get wrapped up in.

The lioness shifted her weight again, thinking about the clean water that was near her. She needed another drink, but it would have to wait until after her meeting with this Kalypso was completed.

"Is there anything else you need? Would you request me to look once more? I can look again, if requested." She didn't think this colourful lioness would take her up on the offer, which is why Vitha offered it. She could mildly play the helpful, caring messenger, just enough to make it seem like she was empathetic, when in reality she just wanted to spend what time she had left today relaxing and enjoying herself.

The ball was in Kalypso's court, and Vitha would see what she did. At least Vitha could admit that she actually tried to help her, and didn't shirk her duties in this first true failure of a job.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:47 am
Tisiphone smiled sheepishly at Vitha when she brushed off the waste of time. The messenger didn't need to know she had already suspected it would be a waste of time, that she had already spent months trying to go through all the lions around here.

Well, she had let herself drift contentedly for a while there, too. That was why she was pushing herself to get back on track again. Father wouldn't be pleased to find her traipsing around the largest pride in the area without a care in the world.

"No, thank you for trying," she said, shaking her head and getting up to her feet.. and she hesitated, surprised by how much she liked Vitha, a passing acquaintance while she was on her way out. It really was no surprise she had gotten caught up in life here, even though she never forgot what she was supposed to be doing.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:05 am
Vitha shrugged off the thanks, and nodded. "Good luck in your search," Vitha said, not sure if she was going to look a little more here in the Pridelands, or move on elsewhere. Its a big world out there, and that was the main thing that held her back from searching for her father....easier to just wait for him to come back to her.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:25 am
Tisiphone shook herself off as Vitha wished her luck in her search, feeling herself getting more and more distracted from her goal just standing where she was. She offered a nod and a small smile before turning herself away from the messenger and starting to walk. If she was going to leave, now was the time to do it. She'd miss having help hunting, regular meals and even the busy atmosphere.. but she wasn't supposed to be having fun and enjoying herself. She had a job.

So it was time to leave Kalypso behind and return to life as the rogue, Leta. Where she would go next remained to be seen.. but she had a long walk ahead of her to figure it out.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas