azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:03 pm
It had - since his reported disappearance - become a routine to stop by every evening to check on Kaji and the sprout within Shun's apartment. While the apartment had been gone through for clues, it was relatively unharmed from the search. Mostly the only things that were disturbed were what was necessary for looking after the creatures that called the apartment home and that was all on Jeremiah.

Appearing in the apartment, a sigh escaping, Jeremiah wiggled fingers in greeting at Kaji (who seemed to pick up on the time that he appeared and was waiting).

"Still," he said in a low voice, "no sign of your owner." A glance around was given for the bonsai sprout, expecting it to be asleep underneath it's tree as he had often found it.

Blade Kuroda
<___<;; one crappy start go!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:53 am
Shun was... tired. It was probably the best way to put it. But he was glad to be back. Running a hand through his hair, he approached his apartment, furrowing his brow. He had been straight up gone for awhile. Was he going to find Kaji dead in her cage, having starved to death?

This slowed his approach a bit.

And as a result, as he neared the door, he was able to hear something on the other side. Someone was in there.

Narrowing his good eye, he checked the door to see if it was unlocked for any reason.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:31 pm
The door, aside from having a police seal on it, was not unlocked.

Meanwhile, inside, Jeremiah was tending to Kaji, having taken her out of her cage and letting her settle onto his shoulders with a treat while he was cleaning it. Never let it be said that he was not thorough. Mostly because he was of the mind that Shun would return, so would America and Zac (and Ashton). They were not dead, not at all.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:04 pm
Shun shook his head at the police seal that was on the door. Figures, considering how long he had been gone. Maybe it was someone from the department inside of his apartment right now. Even so, he couldn't be too careful.

He took his key and went to quietly start to unlock his door. And slowly, he pushed it open, tense. He was ready for a potential fight.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 pm
Jeremiah went still at the sound of the door opening, a tumblr turning and lock being opened with the key kind of opening. His lips pressed together in a thin line, head turning towards the door and eyes brighter than ordinary.

"Shun- that better be you and not your landlord trying to scope out your place." Not that he raised his voice, it was that calm, even authoritative voice he used at work that made everyone pay attention.

... and be worried.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:18 pm
There was a pause as Shun heard Jeremiah's voice from within. There was still a chance this could be some sort of trick.

"It is just I, Jeremiah," he grunted out lowly, stepping in now. And now he could see the older man within his apartment with Kaji perched upon his shoulder.

The rat perked up upon seeing her owner after so long.

"Ah... you must have been tending to her during my... absence. Thank you."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:33 pm
"Thank bloody ********," Jeremiah let out a breath, posture relaxing. Kaji was set down on the couch while he finished what he was doing. He paused, mid-motion and gave him a hard stare.

"I assume it's you this time? As I may not be responsible for what happens if you go 'ay yo Chief Merc' after being essentially untraceable and missing for as long as you have been."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 pm
Shun closed his good eye and let out a heavy sigh. Placing a hand over his face, he just nodded once.

"Yes... yes. Please wipe all that s**t out from your memory. I wish I could," he muttered under his breath, "It would seem that I had been effectively enthralled by the likes of a humanoid tick. Incidentally, this was also where I was over the past few weeks... in this tick's custody. In Other Ashdown."

Once set down, Kaji found a way to hop down from the couch where she skittered on over to the feet of the younger detective. Looking down at her, Shun carefully picked up the rat and patted her gently along her back.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:51 pm
"Believe me, I would if I could." It wasn't for lack of trying but Jeremiah was putting Kaji's cage back to rights, clean once more before he turned to face Shun properly. "I assume it's been dealt with then?"

Not that he was entirely happy to hear about that. It meant that there was an otherbeing that rose up and this was exactly the purpose of the Court.

"Though if it took you- that means it also had America, Zac, and Ashton Carver?" Jeremiah pinched the bridge of his nose.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:35 am
"It has, yes. And the other three you mentioned were also released, just as I," Shun replied.

"I am not entirely certain how exactly I managed to get caught in such a thing... I will need to be more vigilant in the future," he stated, furrowing his brow.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:09 pm
"You were acting ... I would not say opposite but certainly far away from your normal self. It reminded me of the fetch that replaced Julian Fitzpatrick." A flick of his fingers and a notebook dropped into his hand out of thin air (though there was a bit of glimmer where it dropped from.

"I assume it was affecting you mentally, in some fashion. As you certainly did not believe you were acting or dressing any differently."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:13 pm
"Yes... I am... more than aware of the way in which I was acting. Unfortunately," Shun grunted lowly, "There was some sort of parasite latching onto me."

He lightly touched the back of his head, and sighed.

"Which is unfortunate, because I attempted to text that one number with the Nokia. I did get a response, but did not get anywhere because whoever has access to that number, they were familiar with me enough to think I was lying about who I am."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:41 pm
"I am beginning to picture some science fiction level creature at this point," admitted Jeremiah, before he noticed Shun touching the back of his head. Definitely something science fiction level.

"Not surprised, given that it's probably Sonny. You may not know them but they definitely know you. They have a tendency to be sociable with me on their own but back around their Father, Renard ..." Another shake of his head. "They act as if I am to be avoided but considering that I - the me I replaced - had to discuss the rules of her being here, it can't be helped."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:48 am
Shun set Kaji onto his shoulder, then folded his arms, "Right... I am going to need to think of a way to confirm that without arousing too much suspicion from them."

Which might be difficult at this point.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:29 pm
"It may be easier than you expect, you never know. They've always been particularly chatty but you have to keep in mind: how do you know that it's Sonny from this world or time? Especially given whom you've spoken with in the past." After all, it was his point of contact with Minerva- That had him thinking but he let it go.

"You could just as easily text the number from your own cell phone."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas