Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] Fresh New Day (Tlotlego'Setu x Radi'kilima)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:50 am
User Image

Tlotlego'Setu rested in the gentle morning sun, the rustling of the quiet winds through the long grass and wild flowers the only company he had. It was early and still, something he did not experience in the center of the pride lands. There was almost always someone around, ready to interact and while Setu enjoyed it, it was in his nature to seek out his own space too. It was something from his childhood, where secrecy and observation were valued more than in most prides, and even though his experiences out in the rogue lands had changed him, there were still habits that were difficult to break.

He must've been along the pride borders. He often ended up there if he was lost in thought, but he rarely strayed much farther than that. He liked his home and didn't plan to leave it. Maybe while he was there, he could keep an eye out for visitors and trouble. Setu yawned, stretching his back legs out. If he didn't fall asleep first.

-KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:59 am
User Image

Radi did not care as much for the mountains as she did the swamps. The densely covered flatlands were her home, and where the pride had relocated just wasn't the same. Sure her family was there, but little by little members were leaving until the Jini-msemi was no more. She had said goodbye to her father, who had stayed behind in search of their mother, before heading off.

The lioness thought of heading back to the charred swamps. It had been years since the fire, so how bad could it be? She shuddered slightly. The smell of the burning lands was enough to turn her mind away from that idea.

During her travels, she had heard stories of a vast pride with a large rock formation. When she was younger, her father would tell her stories of a similar pride. It had to be the same. The last encounter she had told her to head in the direction of the setting sun. In two days time she should be able to see the rock jutting out on the horizon.

So she followed the instructions given, and sure enough, there was what other's had called Pride Rock. The dark lioness upped her steps, quite curious what new adventure may wait.

Her blue eyes scanned the area, seeing a few lions lounging around. They did not look like hostile beings. "Uhm... Hello?" She called out to the blue lion. "Could you tell me where I am?"

ChaosTheories

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:12 am
How much time had passed? Setu wasn't sure. His eyes felt heavy and he was certain he had dozed off for a second when he heard the voice. At first he thought it was part of a half-awake dream, but as his orange eyes focused, he realized that a lioness was standing nearby. He suddenly felt wide awake and straightened himself out.

She was a striking lioness, with dark fur contrasting with white legs and touches of deep red highlighting her face and ringing her tail. He didn't gape or stare like a young lion would, but took in her beauty quietly and with care.

"These are the Pridelands. The borders, specifically. Is this where you intend to be?" He asked curiously, ready to help if she was in need.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:29 am
Radi nodded as the male introduce the lands. "I believe so." Her eyes scanned the area before settling towards Pride Rock. "I've only heard stories of this place, from both my father and whilst traveling through the Southlands." Radi's father, Talahm, had always hated calling the lands where rogues had travelled the rogue lands. In his teachings, he made sure to use Southlands instead. The term stuck in her mind ever since.

"My name is Radi'Kilima. I am from..." she paused. The swamps? The mountains? Anywhere? "..from the former pride called Jini-msemi." Maybe the lion had heard of it? With their members disbanded, some may have ended up here. "It's been a long journey to get here." It was like her pilgrimage again, but this time it did not end in a new name.

ChaosTheories

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:35 am
Setu's curiosity was definitely piqued. "The stories are true. I came from the roguelands. Long ago..." He hesitated a moment. It made him a bit uncomfortable to talk about himself, even after all his years, but it was something he had been taught to avoid doing. Habits continued to be hard to break. He smiled, both at himself and to reassure Radi, in case his hesitation had alarmed her.

"I cannot recall hearing about the Southlands. Ahh, the Jini-msemi... the last I heard, they were driven from their lands because of a great fire." His eyes grew soft as he looked at her. "Many losses."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:25 pm
The hesitation did not bother the lioness.

Radi nodded. Indeed many losses, including possibly her mother. She never did find her again after the fire. The dark lioness shook her head from the thought. She could not think of that right now. To distract herself, she smiled softly at the lion. “Could you tell me more about the lands, and what one might do to stay here?” She had travelled oh so far. She desperately hoped it was just like the stories she learned growing up. If not, well, there was always the chance to head back to the borders that colorful lion was guarding a few moons ago.

ChaosTheories

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:59 pm
Setu nodded, glad for a lighter subject to speak about. If he were better acquainted with the lioness, he would ask about her old home. Maybe that would come in time if she decided to stay. Was she looking to stay?

"Our lands are great and peaceful," he began. "There are many, many lions here, as well as a few members of other species. Life seems simple and easy, but it is only that way because of the efforts everyone puts in to keep it that way. Anyone is welcome to stay as long as they do the same."

He hesitated again. Setu had neglected to introduce himself, out of his old habits. He smiled a bit sheepishly. "My name is Tlotlego'Setu, but you may call me Setu. If you would like to see more of the lands, I'd be happy to take you."

-KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:02 pm
ChaosTheories

Radi nodded. The lands definitely sounded like what she needed. She didn’t know if she could take any more heartache if the pride was not what her father’s stories were like. She was willing to work hard, if there was one thing her parents taught her in life was you did not get anyone by just laying around, letting others do the work for you. She’d miss the constant muck of the swamplands, but the mountains taught her how life could be like on the ‘dry’ side.

“Setu,” she bowed her head in a formal greeting to the male. “I would like that very much. May we stop for a drink first?” Traveling near nonstop for the past few days was taking a toll on her. Sure, she had stopped here and there along the way, but it was a quick rest before she begun to travel again. She did not want to rest fully quite yet. Her heart was racing with excitement knowing this was where she was meant to be.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:59 pm
Setu hmmed to himself briefly. "I'll take you to the waterhole, and afterwards we can make our way to Pride Rock. It's quite an impressive sight. A famous landmark, if you will. The pride also gathers there for formal events, like meeting with the king." He smiled. "If you wish to stay, it's a good starting place to find your way around."

The lion finally got to his paws and stretched to get out the kinks from lying around. "Since you've come a long way, I'd also like to invite you to dinner... You are probably hungry and tired, and I'm delaying your rest. I am not much of a hunter but I am sure I can find something edible out here," he attempted to joke. Lionesses were usually much more skilled than he at hunting, and he didn't mind it one bit.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:29 pm
Radi nodded, taking in everything Setu had explained. Pride Rock, that was what her father had explained to her in his stories. She frowned at the mention of meeting the King. Meeting royalty always seemed to make the dark lioness nervous. Even when she was in the presence of the Queen of the swamps did her nerves get to her. She would not let them bother her though. She wished to stay, so she would prove herself.

The lioness nodded. "I'd like that." She mentioned in reference to dinner. A rest too sounded lovely as well, but first, the tour! Radi chuckled lightly at his attempt at a joke We can always hunt," by we, she really was offering her skills. She did not want to burden the lion. After all, females usually were better hunters than males anyways. (Her father always stated it was because their manes held them back, but Radi'Kilima didn't always believe that fact.).

But before they would do that, she spoke. "Onwards to the water hole!"

ChaosTheories

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:32 pm
Setu didn't have much personal experience with the pride royalty, but they seemed to be fair rulers and they accepted others easily into the pride. He had no doubt that Radi would have no trouble fitting in, if she desired.

The lion grinned. "Well, if you are feeling up to it... I wouldn't mind seeing your skills, Radi'Kilima." He spoke her full name, since she hadn't provided a nickname for him to use. Setu chose to be formal unless he was told otherwise. Perhaps she would if they continued to get along.

"To the waterhole!" He echoed, laughing at her enthusiasm. He felt that this was going to be a good day.

KasaiLoki
Fin!

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces