Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[COMPLETE] Congregation Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:56 pm
    topic: spirit-bond

Oliver took Horace's hand without much ado, though the glare from Silk made him look downright offended, what the hell was up with that? Especially considering they were all cordial in their meeting with her. Well what the ******** ever, he guessed. "I'm no warg, but maybe if you could bond yourself to your familiar that way... or make a way for a warg to remain mentally sound even after the natural death of their familiar?" He tapped his chin, "I dunno..."

"Anyway, on the topic of the spirit bonded..."

OOC NONSENSE
    this is just an idea pitch for possible spirit-bond acquisition?

pre-reqs of being beyond/beyond+ status for the were/warg

basically an additional set of rps one has to complete (such as the spontaneous were reqs, or the guidelines to become a warg). In this way, those who wish to stay separate can choose to do so, and those that wish to pursue a higher position as a spirit-bond can work their way to do so!

RP reqs could have two paths, depending on if you start off as a warg or were? I'm thinking you would essentially do a modified version of the rp requirements of whatever class you didn't chose; a moonwalker would basically preform the reqs to find an animal familiar of the same species to bond with, and a warg would have to preform the reqs to master their were-form? Just a thought: discuss!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 am
Silk's downright hostile glance in their group's—and specifically Oliver's—direction had Elliot dangerously close to rolling his eyes. While he could appreciate the fact that this was a delicate situation, her reaction felt over the top. Maybe it was stress manifesting as annoyance, but it hardly excused the unveiled jabs. If she wanted manners, then he expected her to act a little better, herself.

"Heaven forbid," he said, but didn't explain. He didn't shoo Nugget back to Horace's shoulder as he took his hand, either. If Horace wanted to bend over backwards to satisfy 'direct custody' of a familiar who was currently behaving, that was his prerogative. Eli wasn't playing that game.

"I'm no warg, either, but if we supposedly can do just about anything we want, why can't we create a rule that says bonded familiars live as long as their wargs do?"

spirit-bond discussion
I would be 100% in favor of making the spirit-bond an attainable 'upgrade' for wargs and weres as opposed to reinstating it and making it apply to everyone. That way people can keep their characters on one side or the other if they want. I also think using the opposite reqs is a good idea.

As far as making it beyond and up only, I don't really have an opinion. If it's actually meant to be a stronger-than-noble thing, then I could definitely see the benefits of being at least beyond, but if spirit-bond is more on par with the noble class, then I'm not sure if I think it's necessary or not.

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:44 pm
topic: spirit-bonded
"Or familiars could find an heir among their species when they're nearing the end of their natural life span?" Eve suggested. "We can't predict the impact an extended life would have on an animal, so I'd personally rather see a way for the warg to move on."

ooc spirit bond talk
with eve's suggest earlier i was imagining a scenario where major abilities of either class could be earned/learned in any order by a new visitor -- so you could start as a moonwalker/warg as theyre known now, OR start as a more generalized spirit-bonded with just 1 transformation and an animal companion but no sight-sharing; i understand thats prolly too complicated though lol

i'm down with whatever requirements need to be piled on though + am not attached to any outcome here :3

+ agree with not forcing characters into a new class though :3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:38 pm
America's mouth tightened into an unhappy frown at Silk voicing both disinterest and bias against her kind. The warg had been willing to set aside her own prejudice against the court for the sake of getting things done and moving forward. With Silk guiding things, could America trust her to do the same? Would that bias influence how things fell out? Had it already done so, with the first sigil?

Mr. Bitterberry flew down from above to settle upon the whiteboard and watched his human struggle with her own distrust. There was a warning tension in her chest and America knew she had to let it go. Distrust at this point would serve no one. They had to focus, and focus with a measure of unity.

After taking a few moments to focus on her breathing, the girl returned to the whiteboard.

whiteboard

CASTING INTENT

"Should each group, Noble, Warg, Moonwalker, and Regular a** Visitor, just focus on the piece they're part of during the casting? Or should we focus on it all as a collective?"  

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:02 pm
Shun shook his head at America.

"As the charter does not directly involve the undifferentiated, that would leave us with general changes to this side of the veil and other overal things with magic," he stated before lowly grunting, "And as it stands, at least half of the undifferentiated here can barely tie their own figurative shoelaces when it comes to magic so that is probably not the best idea."

lizbot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:07 pm
re: all the things

Rabbit hadn't said anything important during the entire discourse, not exactly content to agree, but unable to add anything that wouldn't veer the conversation off on a tangent again. All he had wanted coming into this was not to be forced to harm himself or others through the geas... and the fetch thing... and a bit about willing tithes as opposed to kidnapped ones. This spirit-bound stuff sounded okay too, as long as they had some sort of balance. Mostly he just wanted things to be Nicer, and that was not a request with a clear sequence of steps. At the very least most, if not all, of the potential child murderers were here today. It meant the sirens were safe, wherever they were.

"The majority should agree on all points," he finally added. "Or we might as well keep everything the way it is. I don't see how the undifferentiated are just going to abstain." Unless they magicked up some soundproof headphones, their intent was going to leak all over the place whether it was wanted or not.

Smerdle

Scamp

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:52 pm
[GM POST

Silk tilted her head down to a fetch who approached her from behind. They traded quiet words; she handed over the old Charter and the styrofoam chest. "It's time to destroy the old Charter," she said, "and for that we will require those of you who were signatories to the original form..."

She listed off the names: Jeremiah, Leila, Preacher, Horace, Temperance, Algernon, Oliver, Wil, Alexis, Jamie, Rabbit, Shun, America, Lily...

But hadn't they already signed away their consent? Where was Ezra?

[The next GM post will come tomorrow around 7pm]

a-disgruntled-dragon
erin
azuredreams
jeremiah and nasir
The Semblance of Unity
preacher, horace, and temperance
demon_pachabel
cassandra
Melancholies
Oliver and Shiloh and Mila
iloveyouDIE
algernon and wil
Daekie
alexis
saedusk
Jamie and Elliot
Smerdle
Rabbit, Theo, Chester
cibarium
eve and leila
Grey Dragon
kaleb
Blade Kuroda
Shun
lizbot
America
AMItotic
Lily
Ephebe
Nazriya
GhouIs
Ro
iStoleYurVamps
Marcus and Abigail

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:54 pm
"Mother ********> America whispered through her teeth.  

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:55 pm
"...Oh for ******** sake."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:58 pm
Leila was pale and speechless.  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:11 pm
"Are you bloody- We-" Jeremiah spoke under his breath, his hand clenching around the cane he had come with and then loosening.

He at least stepped forward as he was called. His bright blue-green eyes focused on America and Shun, clearly, he was just as annoyed. (A look was spared towards Cass who was now by Marcus, his lips quirked just slightly, before he nudged Algie to move as well.)

For a moment he was tempted to simply show his hand, bereft of the thumbprint. Yet he had a horrible thought, thinking of the fact that Ezra had an article that was imbued with the consent and magic of so many ...

"Silk," spoke Jeremiah, "have you seen Lord Ezra? I do not ask without good reason to do so."

Nasir, meanwhile, was looking towards Wil, his eyes a little wide. "You? You're on it?" But he wasn't? That- That was weird. His fingers curled against Trouble, shifting uneasily.

1izbot

shibroswol

demon_pachabella

iloveyouDI3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:12 pm
Horace squeezed both Eli and Ollie's hands before pulling away. He had needed that steadying moment in the whirl and rush of the conversation around them. He wished he'd been able to say more, but...

He walked over to Silk and held up his hands, wiggling his thumbs - one of which was clearly fingerprint-less. Horace couldn't talk about it, but maybe this would sort of illustrate what had went on. "I... cannot say. But I'm not the only one." Please, please read between the lines, Silk, he thought. Horace had known, though. It wasn't about the original charter, but Ezra had sold it like it was, so he worried it would interfere anyway. Maybe it wouldn't. Ezra had said... well, people lied. They lied, they lied, they lied. He swallowed thickly, remembering years ago.

shlbrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Shun took in a deep breath and moved on over to Silk along with Horace.

"We have a ******** problem," he muttered before holding up his right hand hand to show her his missing thumbprint as well.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:18 pm
Preacher sat up in her chair, eyes fixated on Silk. Of course. Slowly, she rose, and made her way over towards Chester. Maybe if she leaned coolly on a wall, too, it'd be better.

"Sooooo," she began. "Does anyone 'member when I fell inta a bonfire n' got burnt to ******** n' back? Hmmmmm." Because if everyone reacted like this, it meant something was ******** up. Ezra had come round and got the others. Mercer was even asking about him.

smerdle
u get one (1) roommate in moderate working order

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:27 pm
Alexis followed Preacher for a second as they were called, shoulders tense, and split off to follow the contingent surrounding Silk; they spread their hands palms-up to her, not pleading, just showing. Their fingertips were already scratched, scarred, bitten - but their left thumbprint was gone like it'd never been in the first place.

shlbrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces