azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:59 pm
Nasir nodded, hand curling around Wil's and his smooth thumb. Hadn't he noticed it already but thought it was something else? Too much paint staining his finger or- No, he had noticed and filed it away as unimportant because Wil never mentioned it.

"It's okay," Nasir murmured, looking around to everyone else, "we'll just ... have to find your print and everyone else's." Mostly because while he was concerned that Wil had, in some other unimportant life, given his consent to create, he was now very much worried about him and the others living.

Trouble was running back and forth across his shoulders, nervous chirps escaping quietly.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:16 pm
"The spell we can try might damage or destroy that ring," Eve admitted to Jeremiah. She frowned reflexively upon looking at it, as if there were a live centipede around his finger instead of a ring. "If you don't want to risk that, picking up something from his court quarters is an excellent idea." She nodded to Shun. "Or someone could take something small from his apartment... even a guitar pick would do." She looked at Mr. Bitterberry and the other familiars among them, imagining they'd be suited to the task.

"At least the search part is well within our capabilities." A grateful look was given to everyone who had volunteered their abilities or efforts. "Could the geas be used in the capture part?" A sigil might be useful there as well -- Eve had looked at Preacher, clearly intrigued, when she mentioned having a knack for them.

azuredrams

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:27 pm
    Death. Oliver just laughed and laughed and laughed, because that's what his entire life had been since handing over his print, ******** death. Here he'd found hope in his newfound power. Now it was going to drive him to die too; funny how that sort of stuff worked out, right? Horace was leading him around and he just laughed into his hands as he covered his face.

Shiloh, meanwhile, had the most horrifying look of rage on his face. Why wouldn't he, hearing that his friends would die, that his brother would die, that his boyfriend would die, and that he'd be left all the ******** alone for it. That two of the principals would die, and he'd be the last one, begging for those who remained alive to kill him and start the whole shitfest over again. But it went deeper than that—

Because it was all his ******** fault.

He was the one who gave Ezra the list of prints. He was the one who willingly signed over everyone's ******** death certificate. He was the reason why everyone had their prints stolen, why everyone was in this catch-22 now. And now he realized more than ever that Silk was absolutely right; he was way too irresponsible with the charter, way too immature, way too caught up in his stupid naive nuances of hope beyond hope that everyone could work together, and look at where that landed him. Everyone was a ******** backstabber. Everyone was only ever out for their own ******** motivations and goals.

And it filled his chest with a thick, heavy sensation that made him so, so sick. Every laugh he heard from his brother echoed in a dull thud in his chest. Jamie's hand on his was too tight and yet he didn't feel a ******** thing. His mind was racing and yet void of any sort of cohesive, tangible thought, like static on a television screen.

"I ******** up." He told Kaleb and Jamie, "I ******** it all up."

Everything felt too tight in his ribs as he forced himself to breathe.

"M-Maybe I could lock his power," He offered haphazardly, "M-Melany can stem peoples powers too, maybe—" His thoughts hit a stand still as he suddenly realized he wanted the Spinel Lady here, because if there was anyone who could stop Ezra it was undoubtedly her, and the thought almost made him want to cry. "Maybe—"

An idea hit him. Shiloh looked around the group again. "It's a stretch, but he's trying to collect all the fingerprints right? So he got all of you, but that still leaves like, at least six more." He swallowed, "Three of them couldn't be defined in this world's database, so I think they belonged to the original principals... but the other three belonged to the deer triplets. Pax and Pride and Noeh."

He paused.

"Do you think he would've gone after them too?" His breathing was a little ragged, the composure like steel behind his eyes, "They're a lot more integral to the charter, and the spell, and the framework, so... so it makes sense he'd leave them for last, right? Pax was incapacitated in the grove last I knew, and Jamie said Pride hung around Blackfriar's, and Noeh was always at the beach..."

He breathed.

"But scrying might help us pinpoint a lot better than randomly splitting up..." He wasn't really holding onto Jamie's hand, even though Jamie was squeezing the life out of him.

The Semblance of Unity
ollie is ready to ollie outie

saedusk
q__q

Grey Dragon
proximity

shibrogane

Quote:
erryone else im 2 lasy to mass quote

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:54 pm
"I would prefer not to see this lost," admitted Jeremiah, "so, yes, if we can find something else for scrying, that would be preferred. It was a-" His hand clenched, the odd sensation of burning from within and in his hand instead of his back spiking momentarily. "It's meaning is important, not just to me." Mostly because he thought of the fact that, at some point, it had been a gift from Melany to Ezra and on some level ...

He glanced towards Shiloh after he spoke. "There's only two unknowns, as I also agree that three of them are the original Principals." His fingers twitched. "The smudged fingerprint ... he gained it, though I am not quite sure how he did so considering I only recently learned the identity." There was a glance towards Shun.

That left Noeh, Pride, and Pax ... and whomever the unknowns were.

"I could check on Pax, Pride, and Noeh, if necessary. It wouldn't take me long to do so at all." Not given his powers as a noble. "Someone can come with me as well."

Melanchol1es

cibar1um

sh1brogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:03 pm
Shun shook his head at Shiloh and Jeremiah when they were talking about Ezra needing 6 more prints. He distinctly recalled him only needing 3 more after he had given his up. That could mean either the deer trio or the original principals.

"He... Less..." he started. He could feel an intense burning pain begin to rapidly build up in his hand. He didn't know how he could say that Ezra was much closer to completion than that. It frustrated him. All of this was just adding to the already really foul mood he's been in since arriving. All the while, his facial features remained mostly neutral. It was a sort of cold and quiet rage at this point.

As far as geasing Ezra into submission, he did not like the idea of that so much just out of his general dislike of mind control s**t in the first place.

Melancholies
Tried to talk

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:39 pm
Despite the options and ideas being floated back and forth amongst the assembled, Kaleb could feel the weight in the conversation. The lives of his friends, his first real friends, were on the line, and he was as useless as ever. He had no ideas, no insight, no power to bring into the equation. He was just one small, undifferentiated, magical novice along for the ride. But his own doubts and anxiety weren't enough to make him want to run away from it all.

He gave Shiloh's shoulder a calm touch, and Jamie's hand a little squeeze in silent reassurance. Kaleb might have been quick to place blame or criticism or anxiety on himself, but never on these people he cared about. While they were scared, he had to try to be strong.

"I'll help with whatever you need," he said quietly, but resolutely.

Melancholies

saedusk

Grey Dragon

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:55 pm
[GM POST]

Silk let them talk. Something in her face had gone slack, her eyes downcast, as she thought. It seemed odd that she should go slack that way, but perhaps it was a function of the intensity of her most other times. She never did relax. Maybe this was the time where she took a deep breath and stepped back.

Or not. Her gaze snapped to America. "You're tied to the object he's using as a focus," she said, slowly. "All of you with the marks on your thumbs. It could function to draw you towards him, and while the lot of you are running ahead..." She nodded, more to herself than anyone else, decisive and quick.

"Yes," she said to Temperance. "Yes, of course. Through the third floor..." Another fetch came up behind her. This one was Felt, recognizable to Horace especially. She leaned over to talk to him for a moment, and then Felt took off towards the upwards-spiraling staircase behind the ground. "Felt will prepare the third floor to be used as a space for this endeavor," she said, straightening, her shoulders squared.

To Jeremiah: "I do not recommend trying to suborn Lord Ezra's fetches. And while the... bloom, for lack of a better word... of the magic is likely remarkable, the bloom of the Court's magic will likely overwhelm it. The thumbprint, the tether from you to his focus, will have to serve to provide his physical location."

To Shun: "If we destroy his focus before he can put it to use, then we will be able to continue. In the meantime, we must keep the other pieces of the Charter whole. It could be their existence continues to protect those of you whose magic was freed."

To Eve: "The geas should work. This is almost precisely the situation for which it was made."

Silk looked on Shiloh with nothing but compassion. Thoughts of the devil-child she'd named him seemed to be far, far away. "Checking on Pax, Pride, and Noeh is an excellent idea, Lord Shiloh. If they've put print to the focus, then what is here with we fetches is all that's left between him and his goal, whatever that may be."

To the group at large, she said, "These are all excellent ideas. If I may, a suggestion: while several of you remain behind to scry, a small contingent could go forth to check on Pax, Pride, and Noeh. Whichever of you wish to attempt to bring Lord Ezra here would form a third contingent. We fetches will hold down the Court... to borrow a popular phrase."

[Phase 2 will go up AT SOME POINT, HOPEFULLY AROUND 7, SORRY GUYS I FORGOT HOW s**t THIS CHROMEBOOK WAS]

a-disgruntled-dragon
erin
azuredreams
jeremiah and nasir
The Semblance of Unity
preacher, horace, and temperance
demon_pachabel
cassandra
Melancholies
Oliver and Shiloh and Mila
iloveyouDIE
algernon and wil
Daekie
alexis
saedusk
Jamie and Elliot
Smerdle
Rabbit, Theo, Chester
cibarium
eve and leila
Grey Dragon
kaleb
Blade Kuroda
Shun
lizbot
America
AMItotic
Lily
Ephebe
Nazriya
GhouIs
Ro
iStoleYurVamps
Marcus and Abigail

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:03 pm
Alexis made a soft little noise, so sad, so angry; they pushed back their left sleeve and picked angrily at Ezra's handprint-scar to have some way to deal. They'd be no use against him in any language, in any sense; they had no connection to Noeh or Pride, and all they'd really ever known of Pax was its' coldfire climbing their legs in the forest.

God, they felt so useless; they felt like a child.

They held their arms close to their chest, and thought about the fact that they would be no aid.  

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:08 pm
Most of this went far over Erin's capabilities, in terms of magic and knowledge. She felt very much the odd man out and kept picking at her cuticles. Pain shot through her pinky and she grimaced; she'd torn open the skin. Again. Damnit.

"I'll volunteer to stay here I guess... Unless I could be of use elsewhere..." She said, more to Silk than to the group. She may have worked with some of them on tasks, but that was apparently a one off thing.

Sigh.

At least staying here meant she couldn't get into trouble...

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:36 pm
It was funny how the absence of one little bat could leave the skin feeling so cold despite his clothes. The idea that whatever had happened to Oliver and Horace meant death was as catastrophic as it was unbelievable. That's what all of this was, all this magic, it was simply ********. And yet, it was real.

"Horace," Elliot put a hand to his own head, looking very disgruntled. They were close enough now that he could answer. "I don't exactly know what you're talking about, so no." Ezra—who the ******** was he, really?

The sound of Ollie's hysterical laughter made it hard to concentrate on that question, unfortunately. Was that cruel to think? Eli had been trying to keep his head together, but this... this made it impossible. It tore a gaping hole in his chest and gnawed at his heart in the absolute worst way.

"Ollie..." he muttered, trying not to let his own hysterics break past the carefully crafted surface. His expression was betraying it all, though, cracked and distraught. He put a hand on Oliver's arm. "It's... it'll be..." Eli looked to Horace as if for assurance, "Okay..."

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items