Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[COMPLETE] Congregation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:26 am
Preacher saw Alexis, Nasir, Horace, Mercer, all kinds of people she knew. But she couldn't be assed right now to be particularly social. If anyone wanted to talk to her they'd come find her. She settled further back into the chair, drawing her legs up. If she'd had a blanket, she could have huddled down and only been a pair of creepy eyes, staring at everyone. Then she noticed Chester. Now for him...

She flicked a cheeto at him, plinking him in the shoulder with it. It counted as a hello.

smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:36 am
Ro had been on his way downstairs when the portal had appeared mid-step and swept him away to somewhere else entirely. He stumbled, completely thrown off by the sudden change of environment, and blinked wildly around.

He'd been heading downstairs to open up the shop so he looked about as presentable as it got for him. His blue-green hair was still damp from his shower. He wore a T-shirt, a pair of worn jeans, and Doc Martens that were almost half his age. The shop keys were still in his hand and he slid them slowly into the back pocket of his jeans as he looked around.

Where the ******** am I?

He assumed magic was involved. A lot of it. It seemed like some sort of... party?... but he didn't remember being invited, and the guests around him seemed eerily solemn.

The police chief was there, with who he guessed was his partner Alg, as well as Cass from the 4th wall and... the magic criminal who had yet to introduce their name to him. He frowned at each of them in turn, but decided he was better off sticking to the edge of the group and waiting to see whatever it was the magic community had in store for him.

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:45 am
Hey. Wish I could say it was an ice cream cake. He wandered over to Ollie and Nasir, setting the cooler down between his feet. There was approximately zero percent chance he would let it out of his sight. There was Nasir, the sleepy guy - must be his boyfriend, Horace thought - and Alexis.

"Hi. Did you bring Trouble, Nasir?" As if on cue, Nugget came flapping down. "He says someone won't let him higher up than this floor. Very unhappy." Nugget flapped over onto Oliver's shoulder. Do you think I could fit in that hoodie with you? Might be big enough. He tugged on the hem of it.

azuredleams
melancholles
daekle
alexis?
iloveyoudle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:53 am
They looked at Oliver with a good degree of suspicion, scrutinizing him; what conclusion Alexis came to was impossible to say, but they frowned at him. "Didn't know Beaumont had a twin." They offered a half-hearted wave to Horace when he came around (but their face lit up a little bit at Nugget, their son now, along with Trouble) - "'s probably just until this gets started. Doubt they'd be blockin' off a floor for no reason."

They kept glancing over to Preacher and second-guessing themself, uncomfortable in the Court like this, uncomfortable in their own skin around so many people.

Melancholies

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:28 am
Her hello left a powdery orange patch on Chester's jacket. He pressed his lips together, but his smile seeped through, lifting their corners. With a wave that turned into a bit of a bow as he ducked to pick up the cheeto, he stuck it into his pocket and got back to leaning.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:42 am
"Is that-" Nasir squinted down at the sigl on the first floor. "Is that the frame down there in the center?" The he was glancing up as he heard Oliver, smiling warmly and widely.

"Hey Oliver, I'm glad to see you're here and-" There was Horace. ... with a cooler? That got a very perplexed look. "Hi, Horace. Trouble's asleep in my pocket." His hand touched the pocket on the front of his shirt (it was a very nice shirt) and there was a couple grumpy chirps that were made before going silent again. "It's early in the day for him, so he's ... sleepy and grumpy." There was another pair of chirps which said specifically that to Nasir. "Unless we really need our familiars for all this, I'm not going to wake him up."

He glanced up towards the upper area they could see but couldn't access and then down before his eyes flicked to Alexis and back to Horace (what's in the box, WHAT'S IN THE BOX). "I wonder if that means we can't access the lower area too ... I mean, that would make sense? Looks like they're still finishing up."

Definitely might have smiled a bit more about Horace and Oliver being around though.

Melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:13 am
"We can do it," Jamie said, "I know we can." What exactly they'd even have to do, he didn't know, but he was prepared to do what it took. After all, he knew Shiloh felt the same way. Now wasn't the time for second guessing. "Let's... let's just ignore them," he continued, feeling the unfriendly flare in their headspace. The last thing he wanted was a confrontation or anything that might distract them.

"Hey anyway, Kaleb is here." Operation 'a different kind of distraction,' go. "You saw him recently, right?" Like Shiloh, Jamie offered him a wave. They might as well catch up with everyone until it was time to begin.

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

Quote:
also hi 2 everyone near Kaleb LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:21 am
Nose in his phone, Elliot was skimming the text from Oliver when he got his own summons. Needless to say, he hadn't been paying attention to where he was going. Like tripping over a nasty crack in the sidewalk, he stumbled into Other Ashdown, entirely unaware this was the same court he'd visited not that long ago to deliver their creation to Silk. It looked nothing like it.

On the other side, he bumped into one of the only people who was just trying to mind their own damn business.

"Oh my, sorry darling," he apologized, though he sounded distracted. Even so, he offered a charming smile. It was obvious with his casual tone that he was particularly good at socializing "Got a little caught off guard there. I'm sure you know how it is."

He didn't excuse himself, but he did take a step or two away to look for Oliver or Horace in the crowd.

Ghouls

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:36 am
Rabbit grinned. "Yeah, sure. Like that. 'If there's a zombie following you around, you might have a creeping case of nobility.'" Okay, that was probably a little insensitive. He turned left and right, looking for any fetches he had offended.

"By zombies, I mean the Magical Undead," he added, even though he didn't see any nearby. "I didn't know that about the clinic though. I'm sure I could get Oroh to, um, lend you some of her time." If she remained his fetch when this was all done. Even with their new understanding, it still felt weird to offer her up like his servant.

When Temp told him to look, Rabbit looked, one of his hands popping up at his side when her new arms appeared like it wanted to touch one. "That's so cool! They work, right? You can patch up a million people at once now."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:43 am
Nazriya hadn't actually expected anything to happen on the seventeenth of june and so was rather a bit baffled when a shimmering veil of Something Quite Obviously Magic appeared beside her in the apartment. But hell, life was weird and sometimes you just had to grab it by the horns and explore a little, yeah?

Which was how she ended up going through the curtain portal and into... somewhere, honestly she had no clue where the hell this was. It looked grand enough, more high fantasy than sci fi if she was any judge - and unless couch potatoeing and bingeing on video games made you one, she probably wasn't.

Still, it was fairly fancy. #aesthetic, right?

Also pretty full of other people, which was good as that meant there was probably someone here with an explanation. She just needed to find and poke the right person...

Ah! Someone was waving; not at her of course but she'd take just about any excuse at this point.

"Hey! Fancy meeting you here," she grinned lopsided at the small group, before toning it down to a friendly smile. "Not that I actually know any of you but--" side-tracked, getting back on track; "anyway I'm Naz - I don't suppose any of you would mind sharing what's going on here? This..." She waved a hand at the circular room, looking every bit as befuddled as she felt. Her jogging pants, tank top, sneakers and mess of a hair-bun made her look about as well-prepared for this as she was; which is to say, not at all.

Melancholies
hi hello

Grey Dragon
just crashing in

saedusk
thank u for your time

Ephebe

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:52 am
Wil didn't know Oliver but Horace looked familiar, like they'd met in passing. He slumped against the railing very near Nasir and when people approached the drew up taller and smiled, offering a wave, "I'm Wil.."

He hadn't been introduced but he didn't care. He'd heard about people from Nasir so what was good enough.

The hood on his sleeveless shirt had been looking especially full and weighty, and when hearing some chirps from Nasir's pocket, it stirred. The blonde face of a ferret sniffed over Wil's shoulder through his curls (he was needing a haircut pretty badly).

"This is Bud.." He thumbed to his noodle companion.

azuredreams

Melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:05 pm
Ro lost his footing and frowned at the one responsible, absentmindedly rubbing the shoulder that had been bumped into.

"It's, uh... no problem." He watched the blonde as he searched the crowd. It seemed, then, most people that were here had expected to be. "I think there's been some sort of mistake, though? I've got no idea why I'm here..."

saedusk

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 pm
    Shiloh's thoughts were very clearly derailed when Nazriya came into his field of few, and immediately he thought oh great. It wasn't because he was feeling particularly bothered, it was just because the magic was apparently inviting people in who had no idea what the hell was going on, and why it would do that was beyond him. That being said, it was starting to become clear to him just how many people were in their community that he didn't know about, and likewise they didn't know about the community.

Or so it seemed.

"S'cool," Shiloh said, slipping into 'your friendly noble guide to Otherworld' mode, "I'm Shiloh. This is Jamie." He introduced his boyfriend.

"We're um. Remaking the charter." Did this person even know about the universe shift? Where was he supposed to start? "Do you know about the were's and warg's and stuff?"

Ephebe

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:13 pm
    It'd be a tight fit... Oliver thought absentmindedly. "Yeah," He said to Alexis, "It's always kinda been a joke with him I think. Says he's got a brother but not a twin... I mean, he isn't wrong." Oliver sighed like he had clearly given up on Shiloh's antics. "I'm Oliver."

He was petting Nugget's tiny, tiny head with a single finger.

"It looks like the downstairs is going to be used for the casting." His head was swiveling around like he was looking for someone, "We'll probably be allowed down once everyone gathers, or they finish, or—oh!"

"Oh."

The source of Oliver's disdain was one Elliot Labelle, who had just... walked right into someone like a goddamn oaf. Ollie sighed. "Well, there's Elliot. Eli!" He tried to call him over, but his attention went back to the group, his expression melting at the sight of Bud. "I have to admit, I'm feeling a little left out surrounded by so many wargs." It was mostly a joke; he was too enamored at the cute ferret noodle.

The Semblance of Unity
azuredreams
iloveyouDIE
saedusk
Daekie

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 pm
"Nice to meet you," she nodded to the two, friendly smile in place. If it was just a tad bit frayed at the edges, well, that probably wasn't too unexpected given everything.

"I can't say that I do, sorry," shrugging a bit helplessly, she was beginning to realise that there was a bit more to this than just a fun magical jaunt for the afternoon. For one thing, most people here didn't look like they were having much fun at all. "Should I? I didn't really get a guide for this, er, portal thing."

Melancholies

saedusk

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas