Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[COMPLETE] Congregation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:43 am
"Alright," America called out, moving to an open space where the others would have a clear view. "Let's start with the broad concept and move in as much as we have time for."

A white board appeared, along with a cup of dry erase markers. America picked out a red one and wrote...

White Board

DO WE KEEP THREE PART DIFFERENTIATION: NOBLE, WARG, MOONWALKER

YES NO

"I'm for it, even if they need adjusted," she said, making a single mark under YES.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 am
"Hey, Jones," Alexis called over with a slight frown, "we've got newbies, so, uh -- y'should probably explain what all three of those are?" They gestured to Nazriya, Ro, kind of vaguely at Elliot. "Even besides that, someone from one might not have too much'f an idea what the others entail, y'know."

lizbot

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:03 pm
"Jesus wept," America sighed, not nearly as quietly as she should have.

"Look folks, we're making a new Charter, cause the old one kept folks from getting too dangerous but allowed other folks to go crazy with power and needed human sacrifices and kidnapping and other gross s**t. Nobles are supposed to keep the order between worlds and help folks, moonwalkers turn into animals and are supposed to protect and keep us in check, wargs see through animal eyes and are supposed to spy out wrongdoings and trouble. Problem is, a lot of folks died or something leading to people not knowing what they're supposed to do or how to do it, and others got to run around kidnapping folks and having murder parties. So we're trying to get this working aa intended with some ********' failsafes to prevent the last year's shitshow from repeating and repeating and repeating for a thousand years, okay?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:12 pm
"If we don't keep the trifecta there, can people differentiate.... in other ways?" Erin asked America. She was still a little confused on the three paths to begin with, but if this opened up for more.... interesting ways to be 'different' then hey, she'd help rewrite the structure.

lizbot

a-disgruntled-dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:17 pm
Jeremiah had been about to respond to Cass but America called out to everyone. Before he spoke, he looked to Shun again. More attacks, we'll discuss after this is taken care of. He was not going to begin to broadcast Shun's business, though considering at least two of the people attacked were present and giving him death glares-

"You can put me down for yes," he said to America, trying to not snort as she explained it, "as I believe that while there needs to be adjustments made, the three separate. At one point moonwalkers and wargs were one class, the spirit-bonded, but it was separated into halves with the creation of the Original Charter. The moonwalkers retained the ability to shapeshift into a chosen animal and the wargs retained the ability to have a bond with an animal familiar. The Nobility arose from the Charter as well, created to keep an eye on things within this real world and stop overflow into the otherworld." Essentially what America just explained. "Before anyone asks, the spirit-bond was considered too powerful and there were killings and other incidents that lead up to the creation of the Original Charter. This is why they were split, at least, the gist of it and has eventually lead here.

"Tonight, we need to know what we want out of the Charter. The rules that we want to see changed as after we go through with the destruction of the Original Charter we will construct a new one." Jeremiah moved towards the blackboard, head tilting towards America. "If I may?" he inquired, waiting for her to say it was alright before he move to a side of the white board and wrote out. "At the conference, this was some of what was considered."

On the whiteboard he wrote out in columns:

MOONWALKERS

Change creation method?
No more infectious bite, an attunement, a choice?

No more pack touch?
Remove the ties to the full moon?

WARGS

(Jeremiah leaves this one blank as no one had discussed anything about changing warg aspects.)

NOBLES

Contracts/agreement between prospective noble/tithe with their patron noble.
Allow for abidication/inheritance for nobles to step down.

FETCHES

A way to return to human life and the cycles if desired

Once done, Jeremiah looked briefly towards Erin himself. "Actually, there's nothing stopping you from developing some other way at all. These are merely the paths available to Visitors that are accounted for within the Charter. Anything is possible." Vampires were absolutely a thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:55 pm
"If you need help understanding the differences and issues further, there's folks who'll explain to you person-to-person, but I'd like to keep the group focus on what we're actually here to do."  

lizbot

No Faun

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:04 pm
    There was suddenly a lot going on; Silk was here, America had the whiteboard spruced up. Shiloh didn't want to part with the Charter out of pure habit, but he obviously relinquished it to the fetch. Maybe it was his own petty teenager-ness, but he was a little irked when Jeremiah commandeered the entire thing. I really want this night to be ******** over with, he shared privately to Jamie.

"I guess I'm for it? But I ain't speakin' on about the Moonwalkers and the Wargs. If they wanna restore the spirit-bond then that's their own damn business." Shiloh said with a nonchalant shrug. It wasn't his choice whether to bring up or debate restoring the spirit bond to its original glory, but having it described to him as powerful enough to compromise the cage sounded promising with his goals. Besides the fact that he was quickly losing the ability to trust people—"The Nobility also went around kidnapping people and torturing them to near death, and some people here chose to become affiliated with that by their own free merit, take that for what it's worth. That being said, you can mark under Nobles that I'm for temporary positions, 'cause I ain't dealin' with that s**t again."

He had half a mind to request that the inability for a Noble to fight another Noble go away, but that could actually work in his favor.

"Keep the geas too." He said slowly. "God knows we gotta have some ********' order. That bein' said—" He gave a nod at America, "I'm pretty balls deep in this s**t if you or anyone else wants a quick rundown."

saedusk

lizbot

a-disgruntled-dragon

Quote:
#stressed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:08 pm
    Ollie was so sad.

Nugget left him. Trouble left him. "Well fine," He said with a huff, "I guess familiars are too cool for a Moonwalker, huh?"

Silk appeared to give her spiel, and he listened to America and Jeremiah and his brother in turn. "If the spirit-bond ever were to reconstitute, I'd want it as a choice. It seems like it could be overwhelming to be thrown into—" Much like becoming a were or a warg was without proper guidance, "—Maybe some individuals could benefit from it? I'm on the fence as to whether I'd want it for myself, but..."

That was only because he wasn't sure if he wanted to deal with an additional pet raccoon.

"I suppose it's something to think about." He didn't give a yes or a no yet. "That being said, I actually... don't know that much about the wargs. Do your familiars live as long as you do? Isn't it dangerous to have that bond severed?" He looked worried.

azuredreams
nasir proximity still

The Semblance of Unity
): @ nugget

lizbot
words

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:11 pm
    And then you had Mila, who was absolutely clueless, even with all the explanations. Thank god for Temperance; Guardian Angel count: 2.

"T-T-Temperance! Oh thank god." She hurried over, "I have no idea what anyone's talking about. I mean, I watched some documentaries on magic after we last spoke! But I didn't think they were right about, you know—" She looked around, "The cults. We're not sacrificing any animals are we? Oh gosh, or people..." She looked around fretfully, her eyes coming to rest on Rabbit.

"Oh um, sorry, I'm Camila. Hi." She gave him a little wave.

The Semblance of Unity

Smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:24 pm
"Hello," Rabbit said with a quiet grin. He wanted to ask what she had thought of the whole meeting people while dreaming thing and if the documentaries had been narrated by David Blaine and a whole host of other questions, but there was Business going on, so he kept his mouth firmly shut. Except for a whispered, "I'm Rabbit. Nice to meet you."

Melancholies
The Semblance of Unity

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:24 pm
Jeremiah was in the process of leaving the whiteboard before he stopped and added to it. Updated, it now read:

Quote:
MOONWALKERS

Change creation method?
No more infectious bite, an attunement, a choice?

No more pack touch?
Remove the ties to the full moon?

WARGS

NOBLES

Contracts/agreement between prospective noble/tithe with their patron noble?
Allow for abidication/inheritance for nobles to step down/temporary positions?
Noble geas remains?

FETCHES

A way to return to human life and the cycles if desired?

SPIRIT-BOND

if reformed, let it be a choice?

That done, he was moving back, no longer near the white board and leaving it to America.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:25 pm
Shun stared hard at Shiloh.

"Keep the geas? Keeping order is fine and dandy but your first thought on how to do that is ******** to keep around a type of mind control? ******** that." he stated lowly.

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:33 pm
TW: BLOOD/INJURY DESCRIPTON

Ro stiffened when a man entered into the conversation with a scoff and a tone that sounded way too ********' condescending for Roman to be expected to reply to politely. He whipped a glare at Shun, only to take an awkward half-step back when he caught sight of the weird wispy hole that had replaced one of his eyes. Before he could speak, a girl grabbed his and the rest of the crowd's attention.

He stared hard at each of the people that spoke, his hands curled into firm fists by his side. When it was made apparent that there were other people in the room that also had no clue as to what the hell was going on, it made him feel a tiny bit better... and also a tiny bit worse. He glanced, again, at Shun. The open wound on Ro's chest would be more than apparent to the man's magic eye; his heart was beating erratically within the gaping tear, pumping even despite the oddly bent nails that had been shoved into it. Blood dripped from the corner of his eyes like tears, and his face was more gaunt and exhausted-looking than it was supposed to be.

A chill ran through Ro at the eye contact and he quickly looked away, doing his best to pay attention to the discussion but still not very interested in joining it. What the ******** have I ******** walked into?

Blade Kuroda
cibarium

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:39 pm
    "I was against it too at first, y'know." He told Shun, his gaze hostile, "But you ******** are full of ulterior motives and I don't trust the others." He looked around the room, "'Sides, other people have geas magic too, it's not just a Noble thing."

Blade Kuroda

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:45 pm
Taking a blue marker, America wrote in for wargs...

Wargs

need guidance
(suggestion : a manual. like in beetlejuice that just shows up. Chances are there was something in the last one that made sure at least one living warg could identify others, but that's too subtle and vulnerable to interference)

familiars dying can kill us
(suggestion: a way to intentionally reject the bond without harming either warg or familiar)

spontaneous warning wish scary
(suggestion : allow the two above to address this, spontaneous warging and moonwalkers likely to ensure they cannot be completely removed as a group)  
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff