Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
New York, New York Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:04 pm
February 12, 2013

I can do what I want, I'm in complete control. That's what I tell myself.
I got a mind of my own, I'll be alright alone. Don't need anybody else.
I give myself a good talking to. No more being a fool for you.
I remember how you made wanna surrender.

User Image User Image User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Dᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ Jᴀᴍᴇs Bʀᴀɴᴅᴛ ↘↘
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Always the same, You say that you'll change. Somehow you never do.
I believe all your lies, The look in your eyes. You make it all seem true.
I guess I see what I wanna see, Or is my heart just deceiving me
With that look I know so well, I fall completely under your spell.

James and Amelie debated Agent Malvyr's reasons for calling and Eva answered the phone. Perhaps his life as a government agent was too cushy for this level of field work. James, however, had played beat cop for a while, and homicide detective for even longer -- in all honesty this probably didn't come close to being one of the worst things he'd walked into in his career. They were quiet for a few moments while Eva and Malvyr spoke, and James could hear the slight mumble of a voice on the other end but he couldn't make out what the Agent was saying. Eva gave them the short version once she was back off the phone. James raised an eyebrow. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He muttered, shaking his head. That was perhaps the most cryptic thing he'd told them yet. "He couldn't have called us sooner?" They had done all that waiting just to find out that Malvyr wouldn't be joining them. James gave a wave of his arm, inviting Eva to lead the way -- he would stay close, but he knew that his power wasn't exactly the offensive type. He would be better in an actual fist fight, so he certainly hoped that if anything went down it was the sort of "down" he was used to and not the sort of "down" the Field Agents of Providence were used to.

❝Damn your eyes.
They're taking my breath away
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
For getting my hopes up high
Making me fall in love again!
Damn your eyes.❞

Deadly_Tiger

Ghost_Rios

Rhyming Demon

Diandra Moon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:56 pm
User Image
Amélie "Wyven" Oxton
Location: NYC, Eva's location - Mood: Serious - Gear: Black leather pants, leather jacket, a grey tank top, and a stun gun

"Probably couldn’t find socks to match his sunglasses." Giving another teased jab at the agent. Looking to Eva a nod would come from the deviant, she was ready. Amélie gave the area another quick scan, trying to spot if anything had changed within the short time of waiting. "So am I a young Cadet for this, a new cop, or a new agent? What is the plan and should I be ready to bring the heat?" She hopped it never would go down to a fight, but if needed she would fight. "Lead on."

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Quote:

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:52 pm

Eva Albright
Botanical

"Your guess is as good as mine at this point." Eva shrugged. "Something about his skill set is specifically for dealing with deviants." Repeating the words Malvyr had used sent a shiver up her spine. Still, that didn't explain why he had waited so long to call. He probably lost track of time with the data she had sent over, but before she could say so Amélie broke into the conversation. Eva couldn't help but snort at Amélie's comment about Agent Malvyr's dressing habits. It was perhaps a bit petty since he had just given her some intel, but the guy was just so unlikeable. It was hard not to be offended by his anti-deviant sentiment, whatever help he gave. That and she was just thankful someone had lightened the mode a bit before they went to this meeting.

What's the plan? Did Eva even really have a plan beyond pray that Cammie could give her a solid lead and was willing to give it? "The plan is not to use force unless they fire first. In that case, cover fire and a tactical retreat. Be ready, but not trigger happy. We don't know anything about Cammie, but the goal is to get through this meeting peacefully. I don't think she is our enemy." Eva hoped she wasn't the enemy. Truthfully she was clinging to a tufted of grass at the edge of a cliff and praying the roots didn't pull free, sending her falling to her death.

A hot blonde woman stood on the pier, all tight jeans and expertly placed makeup. Eva wasn't sure what to expect from Cammie, but it wasn't this. She looked more like a runway model or a millionaire's trophy wife. This had to be Cammie though. No one else looking like that would be hanging out in this abandoned rundown part of the city. "Cammie? I'm Agent Eva Albright." The redhead flashed her badge. "This is Agent Wyven and Detective Brandt. As I mentioned on the phone, we are looking into another agent who has gone missing." A.K.A we aren't here for you.

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Ghost_Rios
Rhyming Demon
Diandra Moon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:59 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Altair Blackwood
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"You already run circles around the feds." He pointed out. It probably helped that they were a bit preoccupied with the ongoing war and that a lot of common household items and luxury items were getting hard to get and fetching prices for much more than they were really worth. You'd think the toilet was inlaid with gold. All in all, it had cause Anna to enter the market of transporting legal goods(if stolen), instead of the usual runs. It wasn't as bad as what they told you about World War 2 yet, but the Feds were steadily pulling more and more resources to support the war effort. "It is an unfortunate reality of our profession that smarts are in short supply. You are practically a genius in this crowd! Should start your own criminal university...well they would probably all be too busy looking and not listening." That or the human race was doomed, but Al preferred to think the criminal life attracted unnaturally stupid people. Some of them couldn't find an elephant in a phone booth. "My six is infinitely less interesting than your a**."

While Anna set to work on her traps, Al worked on their exit strategy. It was simple really. A couple of smoke bombs placed near the rear of his bike to cover their getaway. Al himself pulled out a twin holster, tucking a pistol onto either hip. Too obvious for just walking around in public, but great for easy access in this sort of situation. Then he pulled out his pride and joy. His Baby. The thing he loved most in the world (after Anna of course....maybe tied with the motorcycle). Nix. The SA80 wasn't rare or fancy. In that regard, many would say it suited Al perfectly. Simple, effective and reliable. The weapon wasn't legal in the US of course, being an automatic rifle. Not for a citizen anyway, but seeing as he was a professional smuggler, he figured owning an illegal firearm would be one of the more minor charges if they ever got caught. Then he positioned himself on one of the warehouse roofs nearby, laying down behind the parapet while resting Nix on the ledge to look down over the pier.

February 12th 2012

Diandra Moon

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:38 pm

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

S o m e t i m e s , x t h e x b e s t x t o x h i d e x i s x i n x p l a i n x s i g h t . . .

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

T h e x C h a m e l e o n
A N N A B E L L E x K A L L I A S
C a m m i e x t h e x S m u g g l e r

Places: warehouse, docks xxxxFaces: Altair, & the agents
covered

I could start charging for Masterclasses, huh?” she joked as they went about getting everything ready. She did not like the sound of any of this, but she’d survive. Hopefully. Usually, if it was something she wouldn’t survive Al would speak up and they’d just blow off whatever was dangerous and not go. Like what happened with that one guy-Al had a bad feeling about it, they didn’t go. “I don’t know-I think I’d like watching your a** better than looking at mine, but I suppose it’s a matter of perspective,” she teased him.

Anna waited for Altair to get into position before she took herself out into the open. It was easy for her to have an air of someone who wasn’t bothered by mortal woes-Al was her guardian angel-she didn’t fear anything in the lands of good or evil when he was watching over her.

Then she heard someone call out her nickname, and she raised a brow, turning towards the group. “Three on one? Really? Hate to break it to you, but none of you are really my type.” There was probably more, but some hellfire could be rained down if Altair decided it was necessary…

Don’t know if you know much about me from whoever gave you that card, but I’m not usually in the habit of hanging out with authorities. Our-Interests don’t fully align,” she said with what would normally be considered a friendly smile-but given their general lack of knowledge, and the fact she was known to be a little vicious when the notion took her-she could understand if they didn’t see it that way.

Only agent that ever got into contact with me, I was told by someone close to me they had a bad feeling about going to the meeting-and he’s not usually wrong about that stuff-so I blew it off. I honestly can’t tell you much more than that.

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Ghost_Rios

Rhyming Demon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:38 am
User Image
Amélie "Wyven" Oxton
Location: NYC, Eva's location - Mood: Serious - Gear: Black leather pants, leather jacket, a grey tank top, and a stun gun

Even as Cammie arrived the young Cadet kept looking, till she caught a glint. "Sure... it’s three on one." Amélie kept staring at the glint. Folding her arms a bit. "I could go. Meet American Sniper up on the warehouse roof." She'd wave up at him before looking to Cammie. "Please hear us out. Deviant's are getting hurt, people are going missing. The person who gave us your card thought you might know something." She sighed a little, gesturing for Eva to take over the conversation.

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Diandra Moon

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Married 100

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:51 pm
February 12, 2013

I can do what I want, I'm in complete control. That's what I tell myself.
I got a mind of my own, I'll be alright alone. Don't need anybody else.
I give myself a good talking to. No more being a fool for you.
I remember how you made wanna surrender.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Dᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ Jᴀᴍᴇs Bʀᴀɴᴅᴛ ↘↘
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Always the same, You say that you'll change. Somehow you never do.
I believe all your lies, The look in your eyes. You make it all seem true.
I guess I see what I wanna see, Or is my heart just deceiving me
With that look I know so well, I fall completely under your spell.

"Probably couldn't find socks to match his sunglasses," Amelie said, and James snorted. Though when Eva said that Malvyr had said something about that his skillset was suited for deviants... There were a handful of things that could mean. He frowned. Then Amelie wanted to know the plan, and James actually chuckled. "You be whoever you want to be," He shook his head. When it came time for them to go forward with things, Eva took the lead. On the pier stood a blonde woman that looked like anything but someone who belonged in that particular part of town. As they approached, she made a comment suggesting that three on one was a bit unfair. Amelie was quick to respond, and James shrugged as well. "Something tells me you can handle us," Certainly these folks were used to dealing with worse than a couple of investigators -- investigators that weren't even looking to go after her. Besides, it let her know that they weren't underestimating her. "Don't worry, we plan to be out of your hair just as soon as we can." He added as she went on. Regardless, they had bigger fish to fry right now. "We do appreciate your willingness to meet with us under these.... rather interesting circumstances,"

❝Damn your eyes.
They're taking my breath away
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
For getting my hopes up high
Making me fall in love again!
Damn your eyes.❞

Deadly_Tiger

Ghost_Rios

Rhyming Demon

Diandra Moon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:51 pm

Eva Albright
Botanical

Eva wasn't sure if she should in insulted or not. Was James simply trying to put Cammie at ease, not that she looked particularly worried, or did he really think Eva was that bad in a fight? To be fair, she was still recovering from a bullet wound, but she wasn't completely out of the game. She should have been more specific, Eva realized. She had said peaceful, however, Amélie seemed to think that only applied to physical assaults, not borderline threats. What she said next wasn't much better, giving away mission details and making it sound like they had had direct contact with the missing Agent at some point. "Our missing Agent had hidden his wallet inside the van we linked to the kidnapping. We found your information inside. It appeared that he took great pains to make sure we got it." Eva corrected. "You can be sure, we won't pursue any crimes you admit to today. We are merely looking for leads on the string of kidnappings." She hadn't been planning on admitting there was more than one they were investigating, but Amélie had already let that cat out of the bag. She nodded as James jumped in about being out of her hair as soon as possible. "Can you tell us what you were supposed to be meeting about?"

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Ghost_Rios
Rhyming Demon
Diandra Moon

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:52 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Altair Blackwood
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"Damn right." Al agreed enthusiastically when Anna said none of the three on the docks were her type. The downside of the comms was he could only hear Anna's half of the conversation. Or was it a quarter since there were four of them? Al casually waved back to the one in the helmet that had looked up at him and waved. "We have an observant one it seems." He mumbled to himself, though with the comms his voice would be in Anna's ear. Al wasn't too worried about being spotted. It meant the trio on the docks would think twice before messing with Annabelle, knowing he had an automatic rifle trained on them. "Whatever they are looking for is the next building over. Make sure you get your payment first." What that was, he didn't have a clue. It might not even be what they were looking for so much as what they needed.

February 12th 2012

Diandra Moon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:10 pm

S o m e t i m e s , x t h e x b e s t x t o x h i d e x i s x i n x p l a i n x s i g h t . . .

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

covered

Whoever gave them her card thought she knew something about kidnappings? She simply raised a brow and tilted her head as they all kept talking. Green-Hair seemed to think that Anna wasn’t aware that people and Deviants were being taken...Hell, she’d seen some of the underground fighting rings for some of them. She knew they were getting taken. Some of them paid her handsomely to make sure they disappeared, or they just caught her in a magnanimous mood and she helped them even when they couldn’t pay cash…

Oh, well...Since you don’t really know what I’ve done-” she gave a little shrug. “For all you know, I just jay-walked, or I simply have opposing political views from those in power, so…” She could hear Al muttering in her ear, but the poor man wasn’t able to hear the rest of them. She would have to see about some longer range mics so he didn’t feel out of the loop when he was being her guardian angel.

All I’ve heard is empty-everythings and lots of questions, and a little whiny pleading...I haven’t heard a solid offer for my help. See-you tell me what you want and what you’re willing to give me for it, and I decide if I like those terms. I’ve learned a lot of things, and doing something for nothing wasn’t in those lessons.

Her lips pursed slightly and she hummed. “Tell you what-you just want some information, so--you’re agents. You owe me a favor, and I’ll give you some information. Unless you have about...What do you think, My Angel?” She asked Al. “Five grand cash if they’re worried about favors?” A favor she might never cash in on, or cash they probably weren’t carrying in their pockets.

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Ghost_Rios

Rhyming Demon

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:46 am
User Image
Amélie "Wyven" Oxton

The young cadet felt a ring of guilt as noticed how much she actually revealed. "Mmmm money or a favor... its a tough choice." A flaming coin appearing in her hands, dancing along her knuckles. It was an easy, simple, and beyond basic trick that Amélie used. "So many choices... Right or wrong. Light or dark. Soft or crunchy tacos. Floppy or crispy bacon." She'd look straight at the man on Overwatch. She'd keep the the flame coin dancing across her knuckles. "Lots of gas, many flammable fuels, it’s all one giant fire hazard...." Making the coin vanish she'd blink. "Right... favor or a fiver." Looking to Eva to take the lead once more.

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Diandra Moon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:30 am

Eva Albright
Botanical

"Soft tacos, definitely." Was it even a debate? Eva didn't know anyone who liked crunchy tacos, yet places continued to sell them, so someone must eat them. On the first bite, they cracked and fell apart and you ended up with a taco salad in your lap. Soft was superior, hands down. Though she gave Amélie a concurring frown when the green-haired woman started going on about gas and fire. Just what kind of person had Providence sent her as a bodyguard? She cleared her throat and turned her attention back to Cammie.

"I have a counteroffer, actually. A long term contract. I did manage to dig up some of what you've done and Providence could use someone with your skillset to smuggle things, and people, in and out of the Dominion held areas. You would be compensated of course, based on the expected difficulty of a given job, but it would come with the perk of no longer needing to worry about the cops. Within certain parameters of course." She wasn't about to give Cammie the green light to commit murder, but they could look the other way for her smuggling, for the most part. Providence had much bigger fish to fry at the moment. "Nothing too restrictive, I promise, just common sense rules, like not working for the Dominion, and you won't be covered for violent crimes such as murder. Otherwise, you'll be free to continue running your smuggling between jobs for us."

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Ghost_Rios
Rhyming Demon
Diandra Moon

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:42 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Altair Blackwood
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"Five G's for crashing our date? I should start working as a gigolo." Al joked through the comms. He couldn't hear what the green-haired chick was saying, but he could see her looking at him, all straight-faced and serious. "Man these Providence types need to lighten up." He complained. If they weren't the fuzz he'd suggest they take them out and show them how to live a little. Ladies night at the strip club, or a few laps around the motocross track. A flash of green caught his eye, and Al's grip tightened around the trigger. A look through the scope revealed a green flame coin. "Fire bender huh? She's lucky I didn't put a bullet between her eyes."

February 12th 2012

Diandra Moon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:24 pm

covered

Look, I’ve got plenty of crazy for myself-I don’t need to deal with yours, too…” She made a shooing gesture at the green haired weirdo. She reminded her of that old Buffy musical where Willow said something about This line is mostly filler…

I think an exclusive contract is way more than you can afford.” And Anna didn’t pick sides. That was what could hurt your pocket book. Besides-it had been so-called good guys who had killed her parents. She had no desire to get caught up in all that drama again. The only reason she did work for the “good” side was because she liked money. The money could come from cops or the mayor, or the money could come from the mayor’s rival in a coming election, or straight up drug dealers-she didn’t care.

Shoot her anyways,” Anna muttered to Al when he mentioned that he should shoot the firebender first. She thought he should just shoot them all, but she was behaving and playing nice. So long as the fire bug kept to herself-Anna wouldn’t tell Al to start dropping them for annoying her. “She's annoying. And I’m worth more than five grand-you’d be a shitty gigolo…

She shook her head. “Look-You want to hire me on a job by job basis, that’s fine. But you can’t afford to have me working for you exclusively.

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Ghost_Rios

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:26 pm
User Image
Amélie "Wyven" Oxton

Her eyes would drift back up to the shooter. "Retainer is costly but arguably more beneficial." Amélie would begin to pace, making her self a significantly harder shot. She had no doubts shooter man would have been zeroed in, but now... it was a different game. "Clearly the five is simply a down payment. But there is a way bigger picture here, a chance to form a power vacuum." It was a tale as old time that she easily found in the history of criminals. "With our backing competition might just... vanish. You, the biggest shark in the underground’s ocean. Take the ports, long ago the Italians ran them with an iron fist, Russians moved in took out a few guys, made footing and at one time ran almost everything, of course the Italians came back with some... government backing." Walking backwards she'd look to the woman. "With us it could all be yours. Heaven forbid we ruin your income, obviously we don’t want that. I guess it’s more you'd be well compensated for giving us some pro-Bono work." Occasionally she'd randomly switch directions her movements becoming more and more unpredictable. "Fruit for thought really."

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Diandra Moon

Main Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out