Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:01 am
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:49 am
All throughout the evening a single thought had been rolling through the paler lions mind after having left the lions company. What was in that satchel. No, he hadn't even realized that he'd forgotten to get the lions name, formalities shmormalities. Laying on his back, in his den, he was alone to his thoughts. "What was in that satchel?" He queried the shadows that flickered against the den walls. He watched them casually, with very little care. When the silence continued he decided to speak again. "I wonder if he'd show me." He asked out loud.

"No."

He paused and suddenly felt a burst of confidence. "He HAS to show me." Then a pause. "Doesn't he?" Perhaps the over eager hunter wasn't meat to be a guard after all. His skewed perception of what needed to happen would need some work if he ever decided to change careers. Though he hadn't spoken another word he had made a silent decision to try and corner the green visitor once again and ask or demand to see his bag - whichever he decided to do. That was a tomorrow Koios problem.

Soon the night faded to black as he fell asleep.

Waking from the slumber was easy. Koios felt like he'd slept for a number of moons, not just over night. "Ah yes." He said. Then he stood and stretched out his stiff body. It would soon be necessary to change the plush grasses he opted to use for a bedding of sorts. Another day. Today he was set on finding out more about the mysterious green lion and what he had to offer. Specifically he needed to know, to satisfy his own burning curiosity, about the satchel.

"I can ask him flat out." He mumbled.

"Just ask him. What is in your bag?"

Then a voice startled him. "What's in whose bag?" The voice belonged to the very green lion he had hoped to startle, perhaps intimidate to a degree so that he could learn about the bag. Not that Koios was at all intimidating, quite the opposite in fact. Now the truth was that he felt quite intimidated himself and it showed as he stumbled over a response. "N-.." He paused and collected himself a small amount. "No one." He said firmly, but it was clear the lion wasn't convinced.

"Are you talking about my bag?"

He asked. "Because I'd be happy to show you." Koios had nearly leaped up at the chance to take a peek, but held himself firmly planted where he was. "I wasn't, but I would like to see anyhow?" Unconvincing. Koios wanted to give himself a good smack upside the head for his mistakes. First rule was likely no to talk out loud to oneself when you're looking for something.

"That's not a problem.. I'm sorry what's your name?" Ali`dido, likely one of the worst offenders for forgetting to get a lions name. It would be likely that his stories would never include names at the rate he was failing. Heck, he'd likely forget his own name in most cases. "Koios.. wait." He said pausing slightly. "We already did this!" He proclaimed. "Ali`dido, right?"

How had he forgotten.

"Yes, my name is Ali. Sorry Koios." He felt ashamed by his memory, but decided to move on. "So Koios, you want to know what's in my bag?" He asked coyly. He was enjoying his time being mysterious. The paler lion was nodding like a kid being asked if he wanted a toy. Of course the answer was yes! How could the lion be so silly.

"Okay, fine. I'll show you."

Ali was taking precautions though. The contents of his bag had some precious cargo. The lioness that had nabbed his heart would be receiving a gift soon, at the right time. "Come here." He said nad began to usher the lion away. "Actually. Have you got a den nearby?" He asked in a quick whisper. Koios was nodding quickly again. "This way Ali." Then he was leading the green lion in the opposite direction. Being he hadn't made it very far out of his den he'd made quick work of returning with his friend in tow.

"Alright, show me the goods!"

Once in the den and settled alongside Koios (with their backs turned to the dens entrance) Ali dropped his rump and lifted a paw up to remove the satchel from its resting place. "Okay." He said. Usually he would have added 'are you ready', but the question seemed redundant at this point. Of course the paler lion was ready! The look of eagerness on his face gave it away. "Excited?" He chose to ask instead. To which he received a .. "Maybe." .. and a quick grin.

"Okay."

He repeated himself. Then he opened up his satchel. The bag wasn't very large and in reality he wasn't sure what the paler lion was expecting. The lack of a satisfied sigh told Ali that he wasn't enthused about it anymore. In the bag sat a number of polished bones, ones he intended to keep for trading with various artisans down the road. Then a sack for water and some dried meats. "This.. is it?" Koios asked. If his tone hadn't gave away how disappointed he was his eyes would have. "Well not really." Ali said defensively. "I do have one thing I can show you. I have a present for Yai..." He admitted it nervously.

"Look."

Carefully he dug into the bag and gathered up an article that was protected by a material the same color of the bag. It explained why Koios hadn't seen it right away. "What is it?" He asked curiously. This was his last chance to be left with some of kind of satisfaction. "It's a necklace." He said as he pulled the material from the piece. The necklace wasn't incredibly intricate. It was made of a thin leather with some beads, bones, and a feather. The single feather held up nicely in the material (surprisingly enough) and he aimed to keep it that.

"Wow." Koios said and just when Ali was going to 'agree' with how awesome it was Koios slumped. "That.. was lame." Ali was baffled to the point where he wasn't sure what to say and realized he had to leave to make it on time to meet up with Yai.

"Uhm, talk to you later I guess?" Koios shrugged. "Okay."

Then Ali was off and tried to shake the crumbled confidence Koios had left him with about the simple trinket.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas