Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[Solo] Fallen from Grace ((Adrien and Kift))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:58 am
This is private RP (more of a short story really) for Nisshou H's Adrien Gryphus and Lord Kift Cotswold. No posting please!

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:00 am
Kift Cotswold lay beneath the boughs of a spindly pine tree just below the mountain’s tree line. From here the white stallion could see the snow speckled peak of his home standing boldly against a bright blue sky. It was the ideal day for a coat brushing. Several of his follow herd mates had clearly had the same idea as he could spot at least six others lounging in the rocks or under other trees letting squirrels and chipmunks work the dust out of their coats and the tangles out of their manes. Kift sighed contentedly as he lowered his head onto an elevated rock so that he could continue to watch the sky without needing to tire himself out holding his head up.

The feeling of tiny claws combing through his hair was slowly lulling Kift off into a stupor. He didn’t notice the brown shape skirting across the sky immediately and when he did he assumed it to be a large bird. It wasn’t until he realized that not only did the creature have four wings but it also seemed to be coming closer that Kift even seemed to notice it. The others about took notice as well if the murmured comments were any indication.

“Well it is a nice day for flying.” Kift commented and a couple of his herd mates hummed their approval and continued to watch what the group took to be a free show. It wasn’t every day that an angeni, for that was clearly what it was, took time to dance about the skies with such fantastic bobbing and weaving. Every so often the angeni would pull into a sharp dive only to come out of it at the last second and every time it did Kift would cheer and the angeni would come ever closer. It was during one such dive that Kift finally realized what was going on. The angeni was not, in fact, performing for his herd. They were evading the sharp talons and beaks of a group of rather vicious crows and hawks and from the unsteady way the poor creature was beginning to fly Kift could tell that they weren’t doing a very good job at dodging.

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:01 am
Kift was scarcely thinking when he got to his feet and took off running towards the angeni. He had intended to take to the skies and chase the birds off but instead the angeni dropped to the ground. Clearly they had enough presence of mind to open their wings to slow their descent but it would be foolish to call it anything but crashing. He raced to the poor soul’s side to find them feebly flapping their wings in an attempt to chase the birds away. Kift did his best to assist by shouting ‘shoo’ and knocking at them with his own pale wings. It earned him a peck right on the snout and the birds continued their assault.

It wasn’t until the angeni stilled, eyes staring weakly into nothing with their wings falling limply to their sides, that the crows and hawks left. It was plain to see why they had stopped, the wounds the birds had inflicted were bleeding sluggishly but there were so many of them he had little chance of surviving them on his own.

“Silly of them, leaving you with a unicorn,” Kift said nervously. The angeni didn’t seem to hear him. “I said, it was silly of them to leave you- oh never mind. We’re natural born healers you know. Of course you know. I can see your tail there. You must be descended from them as well. My grandfather was a purebred you know. I’m somewhat of a blend but I’ve received no complaints about it.” He was babbling and he knew it but Kift couldn’t quite stop himself. He could see no end to the damage done and he didn’t even know where to begin. Kift had never seen injuries this bad in his entire life. The worst he’d ever seen was a squirrel with a broken leg that hadn’t even broken the skin. Usually he only encountered a few scrapes and bruises on herd mates that were playing a little too rough.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:25 am
Trying to swallow the lump in his throat Kift bent his head to touch his horn to a large gash on the angeni’s throat and focused on closing the wound. As he was finishing with that one he became aware of several others at his side all lowering their horns to one wound or another as Kift himself had done. He smiled, feeling more confident with the aid of his herd and moved on to another wound and another and another until he lacked the strength to do anymore.

The sun was beginning to set when the last of Kift’s herd mates pulled away, shaking from exhaustion. All of the wounds had been closed at least to a scabbing stage so the poor fellow was no longer in danger of bleeding out, and Kift felt quite certain in his judgment that this was another stallion having been inches away from him just an hour ago. A pair of hippogryphs had arrived during the healing and they were now beginning to drag the injured angeni into the main living areas in a most undignified way. The angeni looked dead to Kift, even though he could see his chest move from his breath he still looked dead and Kift had to wonder what the stallion had done to anger the birds into brutalizing him in such a way for this was not normal behavior for either species involved.

-----------------------

It was a full day and a half later before the angeni finally rejoined the waking world. He had fallen unconscious sometime during the healing and had stubbornly remained that way despite Kift’s best efforts to rouse him. The healers had finally caught wind of what he was up to and chased him off early on the first day. He could hardly help his curiosity; it wasn’t every day an angeni was brought down by a couple angry flocks. When the healers finally collected Kift it was under the condition that he allow the angeni to rest while they spoke. Kift could barely contain his enthusiasm as he galloped back to the healer’s enclave. He was pleased to see the angeni awake and slowly drinking some mixture the healer’s had provided. The elder healer gave Kift the stink-eye as he trotted past but he ignored her.

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:27 am
“Hello,” He chirped excitedly coming to a stop next to the angeni. Like this Kift was taller but he got the feeling that if the angeni stood he wouldn’t quite measure up to him. As it were, the angeni looked Kift over from his spot on the worn blanket the healers had laid him on.

“You are Kift?” The angeni asked his voice gruff and surprisingly deep. Kift had imagined that he would have a softer voice to match the delicate tattoo work around his eyes and legs or at the very least it should have been airy. Kift always thought angeni should have airy voices to match their lofty status. Then again, this angeni did have his mane cut rather short and the hair on his tail was little more than stubble.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:13 am
“I am indeed Kift. Kift of the Cotswold clan. We’re quite well known in these parts.” Kift replied wondering exactly how much the healers had told their patient. Hopefully it was good things but judging the look in the angeni’s eyes it was more likely they had delivered some sort of warning. “And you are?”

“Adrien Gr- No. Just Adrien now I suppose.” The angeni replied. Kift could feel his ears twitch. There was a story there, a long one and he wanted to hear all of it.

“Well just Adrien, did the birds do that to you?” Kift asked nodding to Adrien’s tail. Others might consider being subtle, but subtlety didn’t get answers fast enough for Kift’s liking. Adrien looked at his tail closely trying to find whatever it was Kift was point out. When he couldn’t see it he cast a perplexed look in Kift’s direction.

“The hair.” Kift explained. More puzzled looks. “It’s missing.” He stressed. Adrien snorted.

“You say this because I do not grow the hair long like yours? I am no mare.”

“I’m not either.” Kift said. Adrien’s eyebrows shot up, his mouth hung open slightly and Kift rolled his eyes at the reaction. “You honestly thought I was a mare because I have long hair? Everyone has long hair. It’s attractive. Like wearing feathers or flowers.”

Adrien slowly closed his mouth. “You are also quite small and your voice is… high.” Adrien offered as an explanation. Kift frowned. He wasn’t small and his voice was perfectly normal.

“I’ll have you know I am completely average in height. Some might even call me tall.” Kift straightened up proudly to show off his full height, Adrien didn’t look impressed. A long silence passed between them as Kift waited for Adrien to compliment him and Adrien tried to signal the healers that he was being bothered. The healers didn’t seem to notice.

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:13 am
“Do… all of you really wear your hair long?” Adrien inquired just to escape the insufferable silence.

“Of course. Do you all wear your hair so short that you might as well not have it?” Kift countered bitterly having received no compliment despite his posturing. Adrien laughed softly and shook his head.

“Only those who find it would get in the way.”

“In the way of what?” Kift tilted his head curiously.

“Duty.” Adrien replied after careful consideration.

“Very helpful. What kind of duty?” Kift pressed. He was close to getting some information out of the stallion he could feel it.

Adrien was silent for a long time as he studied Kift’s face. He considered evading the subject but he was being pressed for information. It was a clumsy interrogation but he suspect he might have an easier time speaking to this frilly stallion than an actual investigator.

“Soldiers. Scouts. Guards.” Adrien said heaving a sigh and shifting on the threadbare blanket. He would give him just enough to satisfy his curiosity and no more. “I was a guard.”

“What did you guard?” Kift asked, eyes sparkling with fascination. This was it, this was everything he wanted to know.

“A prison guard,” Before Kift could ask Adrien launched into explanation. “Out beyond your mountain there is a wasteland of red stone. There is a deep pit that can only be flown into it is a long way from anything and it is where my herd brings criminals. I was one of several guarding the criminals, making sure they didn’t find someway out.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:41 pm
There was no hiding the massive grin on Kift’s face when Adrien finally broke down and explained where he had come from. It didn’t last for very long. Something didn’t line up between the stallion’s story and his current condition. Kift’s face contorted in confusion, his eyebrows coming together as his mouth puckered slightly. Adrien sighed lightly seeing the change in expression, he had a feeling he knew where this was going.

“But how-?” Kift started to ask.

“How did I end up here getting attacked by birds?” Adrien supplied, cutting his pale would-be interrogator off. Kift nodded his head and looked at the other expectantly. Adrien fell into silence again as he considered. He’d told him this much and the other would certainly keep up his wheedling if a sufficient answer was not provided. All the same, it was one thing to say where he had come from and another to say why he had left.

“Are you at war?” Kift asked. Adrien rolled his eyes. He had only stopped talking for a few minutes and already Kift was coming up with his own version of events. “Did one of the criminals send them after you? Is your herd going to send help? Are-”

“Stop.” Adrien said firmly to put an end to this inane chain. Kift clamped his mouth shut dramatically to show that he was perfectly willing to comply. In return for some real answers, Adrien suspected.

“It is a long story.” Adrien said vaguely. “I do not have the energy for it today. Come back on another day and I will tell you then.”

Kift wanted to argue, he even started to open his mouth to protest but the frigid look in Adrien’s brown eyes told him there was no wiggle room in this. If he wanted to hear the story he would have to come back another day. He relented and promised to come back another day before departing the healing grove. With the new silence Adrien tried to find sleep but his mind wouldn’t rest. There was too much running around in it.

-------------------------

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:02 pm
Kift didn’t return the next day or the day after. It didn’t sit well with Adrien. The pale stallion was annoying and nosy beyond all belief, but it had been nice to speak with anyone. The healers weren’t much for conversation and seemed to have duties outside of healing when they had few patients. There was only one in speaking range currently and if Adrien wasn’t mistaken she was asleep.

Adrien sighed and rested his head on the ground. His wounds had healed enough that they no longer threatened his life though they still smarted. He could likely walk around if he chose to but where would he even go? He didn’t know this place and all he knew of the people was that they were all at least a head shorter than he was. He was about to try napping when the flapping of wings drew his attention to the sky. There was the pale stallion again, coming in for a landing. Adrien lifted his head and watched Kift’s progression as he ran over with all the subtlety of an enthusiastic child.

“I’m sorry I didn’t come sooner.” Kift said coming to a stop near-by Adrien’s resting place. “The healers told me not to bother you but they’re mostly busy now, so I figured it would be safe.”

Adrien got the impression that Kift had been waiting nearby for the chance to speak to him. He squeezed his eyes shut feeling a headache beginning to form. Why had he wanted to speak to this child again?

“So, are you going to tell me how you ended up here now?” Kift asked.

“Yes.” Adrien said quietly not meaning to speak aloud. Realizing he had he cleared his throat. “Yes, I will. The short version… is that I did something I should not have. The birds were sent by my herd. Do you want the long version?”

Adrien didn’t need to look at him to know Kift’s head was bobbing up and down excitedly. Funny how Kift could take so much joy out of Adrien’s misery. Though he supposed it was hardly Kift’s fault. He didn’t know yet. But he would, and perhaps then the silly stallion would stop digging in to Adrien’s past.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games