Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] How to kill two idiots with one stone (Shiloh & Silk) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:58 pm
    "Shiloh, you need to do this."

"I'M JUST GLAD YOU'RE NOT DEAD."

"Shiloh, I am dead."

"BUT NOT DEAD DEAD."

"Anyway," Beel was walking through the halls of Court with Shiloh on his arm, "I've set up an appointment with Silk (not that it was necessary, she isn't nearly as busy, but it's polite, are you listening to me Shiloh?)—about your section of Court. It's crucial for you to set this up as your position as a new Noble. I won't have you tarnish this."

"I'm not tarnishing anything." Shiloh huffed.

"Yes well." Beel looked less than amused. "Regardless, there needs to be a method for Otherbeings to reach you. Don't act like a fool around Silk, she actually has a good opinion of you." He paused, "You do want to stay as you are, right? As a Noble?"

Shiloh was slow to answer. "I mean." He huffed, "I'm gonna live forever anyway. And I helped make this Court. I didn't want to be a Noble of the old court, but I gotta try hard to make this one better, right?"

"Good answer. Now come on." Beel turned the corner, though he stopped when he saw Silk's door was open, good God please don't have heard any of that. Composure fit to a T, he knocked on the wall by the door. "Silk? Hello dear sister."

shibrogane
beel and shiloh are the idiots

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:05 pm
"Hello, Beel darling," said Silk.

She had heard every word and they could tell because she was smirking like a cat with a canary.

"What can I do for you?"

Melancholies

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:21 pm
    Shiloh seemed relatively oblivious to the smirk (bless his heart). Beel on the other hand looked like he wanted to die, but he was trying to be professional here (did you understand that word Beaumont? Professional?)

"We're here to talk about the Court changes." Beel said, "More importantly, setting up a space and such, if you have the time."

Shiloh blinked slowly as he finally unlatched from Beel's arm, "Yeah. I mean, I still wanna be a Noble and help represent the Otherworld and stuff, so." He blinked, trying hard to look """professional""" (it was more like a cute, almost innocuous sort of wonderous look), "I would've been here sooner had I known."

"Shiloh, you showed up the second you realized you could."

"Well, yeah." Shiloh's face flushed a little.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:16 pm
"Of course," said Silk. "Take a seat, gentlemen." She pulled out a large book, one that was the size of her desk. "First, I ought to tell you your new duties. It might take some time. Are you free for that?"

Melancholies

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:18 pm
    They both did so, their eyes trained in tandem on the large book.

"Sure, of course." Shiloh said with his hands in his lap. Beel was mirroring the pose, though his hands were clasped.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:29 pm
"The noble courts were once judge, jury, and executioner," said Silk. "Now, you're none of those things. Your duties are to advocate for those other beings who approach you, and to assist where you are needed. When a warg identifies a threat and a moonwalker contains it, you and your peers will be entrusted in ensuring that the threat has been adequately assessed and fairly tried.

"Should there be interpersonal or territorial disputes between Otherbeings, you are entrusted with the power to mediate these discussions between them. If a fair conclusion cannot be reached through your own work, you may choose to bring a case to trial, and have it overseen by a Judge, who will direct your searches for the truth of the matter. You are not permitted to serve as a Judge.

"Finally, you're tasked with assisting the fetches with regaining their lives on the other side should they so wish it. You'd be responsible for creating a space for them in your world. How you do that is up to you." She pulled out a smaller book and opened it. "Do you agree to these tasks?"

Melancholies

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:42 pm
    Shiloh looked to be as if he was taking this all in very... slowly. Like a dried out sponge slowly absorbing water for the first time. "I... see. Wow."

They were both mulling over that last bit too.

"Is... such a thing possible now?" Beel asked softly, quietly, tentative for once. He looked at Shiloh. Shiloh looked back. They both looked towards Silk again.

"Of course I agree." Shiloh said.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:49 pm
"What name would you like me to put down in the book of names," Silk asked Shiloh, and as she prepared the smaller book she looked at Beel. "You've wanted to go back for a long time, haven't you, little brother?" She sighed. "Yes. I've found the guides for it among the new Court's documentation. I won't release any of the fetches until I know for sure they'll have lives, and safety, and security awaiting them on the other side, but once they do I know how to let them free."

Melancholies

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:06 am
    Beel fidgeted a little, "It's a choice that I wouldn't make lightly." He murmured, "There isn't anything wrong with the life of a fetch, but my choice was taken from me. Perhaps I'm still young... I would miss you all greatly." His fingers tapped anxiously against his thigh. "But a desire to return to a life of simplicity has always been in the forethought of my mind."

Shiloh watched him slowly. "It's something we can work out together, yknow." Suddenly the two of them painted a strange picture; not even a year ago they were at one another's throats, and now they were sitting shoulder to shoulder as equals. Neither looked disgruntled for it.

"Well, until then." Beel straightened up, "I suppose you'll need someone here to keep you in line. And you always were terrible with paperwork, Beaumont."

Shiloh laughed at that, "You can use my regular name, Silk. Shiloh." Was it supposed to include last names too? Ah, whatever.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:52 am
"It's not something meant for light choices," said Silk. She uncapped a fountain pen and offered it to Shiloh. There was another name in the book already: Temperance Clark. Some writing in the right-hand column showed where to find her office. Apparently Shiloh was meant to sign his name next to where Silk had printed it in her neat copperplate. "Will you be requiring any additional space?"

Melancholies

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:09 pm
    Oh boy, Shiloh's s**t handwriting was going to be forever immortalized in this book. Somehow he wasn't surprised to see Temperance's name in there already; but that was okay. For someone who wanted to be a Noble so bad, he was glad that she was still gung ho about her duties. When he went to sign his name, he took his time, much like an artist who was making a drawing.

"I actually wanted to ask you about that." Shiloh said as he was writing. "I mean, I'm not asking for my entire atrium back but... a lot of my sprouts lived in there. I don't really have any place for them back on my side..."

"It might be nice to decorate a small living garden." Beel chimed in.

"I mean, they don't need much space, they're pretty small..."

It sounded like two kids begging their mom for a puppy dog.

Shiloh, finally satisfied with his signature (it looked nice, actually), slid the book back over to Silk.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:43 am
Silk arched both of her eyebrows, and took her book back. "I'll assign you an office near the gardens. You can decorate the section of it immediately adjacent to your meeting space however you like. However... I'd seriously consider finding new homes for them in the town itself. The Court is not a boarding house; even we fetches have largely chosen to take up residence in the town."

Melancholies

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:03 pm
    Shiloh's own eyebrows shot up like he was startled, "O-Of course. It just—it made sense at the time, with how big my demesne was." Suddenly he was blushing a little, embarrassed, flustered? Beel was laughing quietly about it, though he offered Shiloh a consoling pat on the arm.

"It shouldn't be too difficult." But he wasn't going to argue or say anything else on the matter (because he really, really wanted that garden, like just of his own prerogative.)

"Thank you Silk." Shiloh seemed to settle. "I guess all I have left to ask is like... who are the new judges? And is the geas still a thing?" He blinked, "And what about um. Y'know. The Burning Man? I guess he'll be the first to try out this trial system..."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:25 pm
"Melany Dubhslaine, Renard Leroux, Liam Noor, and Ascencion Shore," said Silk. "And, yes, assuming I can find someone willing to speak on his behalf, he will be. If no one will speak in his defense, then--according to these bylaws--he goes free." She arched her eyebrows. "Perhaps you know of someone who would volunteer?"

Melancholies

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:48 pm
    Shiloh hm'd.

"All beings with a fair amount of magical talent." Beel noted, "Is the Lady alright to assume such a position though? I know she's..." The fetch trailed off... "N-Not that I doubt her in the slightest! But I know the Melany of this world has gone through a considerable amount of..."

"Trauma." Shiloh finished for him, "But if she agrees to it, then that's her own prerogative. She can make her own decisions anyway... anyway," He took a deep breath, closed his eyes as he recounted thoughts to himself, "Temperance probably would, she's very much about fairness. And I'm sure Mercer would stick his fingers in it if he had to, though I dunno how well Ezra would take to that."

His eyes opened, "If no one else wants to, then I can do it. At the end of the day, I dunno if any of us can really prove what his intentions were, even if he did trick everyone into signing their consent over." Shiloh rolled his shoulders a little, "But I kind of understand his pain I think, even if it was totally unreasonable. It's better than letting him walk away from the situation though... I just wanna know the truth I guess."

"But I think everyone would be fairly willing. Except maybe Algernon... I guess I don't know Rabbit that well either. The offer stands though. I mean, it's our duties as Nobles to do this now, right? I'm not gonna run away from it." Even though Shiloh was probably the least qualified to represent someone in Court. "I think his ex-tithes would be biased though, but that's just my opinion."

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces