Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:04 am
The undifferentiated receive a folded-up piece of notebook paper. Not because Silk loves them less, but because it's Odal doing the arranging. It says: Tonight at seven! Dinner's on me.

So... That's cool.

Upon arriving at the Court, they're directed down a flight of stairs to a comfortable basement dining room. There are chairs enough at a large, oblong table for everyone to take a seat; there are plates set, and glasses of water. Down the middle of the table are platters of food, steam and good smells wafting off them. Several of them are labeled: gluten-free, vegan, kosher. At the head of the table is Odal with a glass of wine that seems to be dark purple, and sparks pale pink where it swirls against the glass.

"Come in," he says, "have a seat. Let's start this party, my friends."

Grey Dragon
Blade Kuroda
saedusk
Melancholies
Smerdle
demon_pachabel
Quote:
Please feel free to quote in any undifferentiated players who are interested, I went with whichever players I saw on the first few pages of the guild forum. :3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:22 am
Shun was a little wary when he first got that invitation. While it was certainly less... flowery than some others regarding the court and stuff, he had grown to expect some degree of trouble out of these things. The while system was different now, so maybe that too will change.

Given the nature of magic, he had some doubts about that.

Still, he went on to appear.

The food that was all displayed certainly looked good. He never quite got over his inherent distrust of food in Other Ashdown, however.

"What is this all about?" he asked. Surely Odal had some reason for summoning them.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:07 am
Having no reference for what invitations to the Court should be, or should have been, Erin showed up irregardless of what was going on. It seemed she could actually get to the other side now, so that was good. She didn't really feel any different since the Charter remaking, but that didn't mean things didn't change.

She sat down at the table, eyeing the food with a level of suspicion. She still wasn't sure if the Court was the fae Court, and she'd heard enough tales to not trust food or drink in the Court.

At least for now.

Erin smiled at Odal and waited quietly for the explanation to begin.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:54 am
Kaleb was very nervous when it came to the unusual summons, but he arrived anyway. Seeing some familiar faces helped, even the stern and serious expression of Detective Kuroda was reassuring in it's own way. But it was Odal's presence that put him most at ease, Odal with the kind tone and incredible magic.

The freckled teen offered the three in attendance a meek smile and greeting and took a seat at the table. He wouldn't be the first to take any of the food present, not because he had any misgivings about it, but because his nervous stomach was in knots too tight to untie with just a smile and greeting.  

Grey Dragon

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:35 am
There were at least two people that would attest that the easiest way to get Cass anywhere was to offer her food. She was like a little stray animal that even with it being offered on a piece of notebook paper, she still found her way over to the Court (sometimes it helped to know people who could blip you if you made enough of a pathetic puppy face when asking). It was food.

It was actually more than just food, and Cass reminded herself that as she descended the staircase, taking a moment to look over everybody else who had come to this very....casually arranged meeting. She recognized a few of them, and she nodded slowly towards a few of them as she pulled out a chair and took a seat at their not-so-round-table (who would be Arthur then?).

"A party, huh?"

Unlike some people, Cass totally started assembling a plate of food. She'd only stop if she noticed someone give her a cue to stop because it was rude.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:10 pm
Chester almost threw the piece of paper away when he first noticed it, thinking it was just some sheet that had gotten stuck in with his notes, but when he actually opened it and took a look, he was very glad he hadn't. Dinner with Odal would have come across as terribly official had the invitation not been printed on what amounted to college-ruled looseleaf. He didn't know what to make of it, to be honest.

No matter how he felt, it wasn't like he wasn't going to attend. Chester dressed passably—a button-down shirt under his jacket instead of a t-shirt—expecting the court to change his clothing at its whim, though when it didn't he was glad he'd made the effort. As he stepped into the basement, he was surprised to find he knew almost everyone here, and even the woman he didn't was familiar in passing following the charter meeting. He sat, nodding at Kaleb and Erin as he did, but he didn't eat, waiting for some sort of indication that he should. He didn't think digging in was rude or dangerous, exactly, he was just very wary of following the rules while on the other side.

Smerdle

Scamp

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:23 pm
Not his first mysterious invitation, though absolutely the first one he could remember on notebook paper.

Maybe he would never learn his lesson about how very strange mysterious invitations could get but he opted to go anyhow, familiar faces would almost definitely be there, maybe new ones he should know about too, who could say?

Just as long as there weren’t any brain worms.

He didn’t immediately know their host, but he knew Kuroda, and nodded to him, and anyone else he knew murmuring quiet greetings.

gonna try, work is hell, ilu all

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:51 pm
    Mila showed up with an enthusiastic vigor. Social parties—she could do that! Reasons to get away from her creepy house by the woods—excellent! And free dinner?—score! She was so totally there.

A lot of the faces were recognizable by proxy of the burning man thing; Kaleb stood out in particular on part of their secondary meeting, but she recognized Shun (evil detective) and Chester (he was there) and Cass (was also there) and... Erin eluded her a little (but she assumed she was there too). Zac. Zac was new, but that was okay.

"Hello sir!" She was chipper as she greeted Odal. "Thank you so much for the invite! This all looks really lovely." She immediately went to take a seat by Kaleb, her face still blossomed in a bright smile. After a moment, she turned to whisper to him.

"Um, so what the heck is this about?"

Quote:
any1 else pls talk to her!!! friends

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:58 pm
Both Cass and Chester got a timid smile from Kaleb as they entered and settled in, but it was Mila's arrival that forced an interaction from him.

"I have no idea," Kaleb whispered back, his fingers twined tightly in his lap. He might have been able to offer his assistance in other matters, but of the two of them, it was definitely Mila who was more at home in this situation.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:41 am
"I'm fixing a problem, of course," said Odal. "Silk is playing her silly Court games and I'm tending to the undifferentiated, since I'm able to do that now." He had an easy smile, one that spread across his face quickly. "Don't worry, the food's not got any pomegranate seeds in, except for the quinoa dish in the third orange bowl, that one does. You won't be trapped in Hell forever as my bride if you eat it."

He waited a beat. Then he said, "I prefer men, anyway."

This appeared to be a joke, because Odal laughed.

"It occurred to me that there's no magical education for the undifferentiated. I'm here to, firstly, educate you on the changes that have been wrought by our magical working this past month, and secondly to offer lessons in magic itself. Silk is quite busy with the differentiated, of course. She does like her big speeches." He nursed his wine for a moment. "Shall we begin?"

Grey Dragon
Blade Kuroda
saedusk
Melancholies
Smerdle
demon_pachabel
endejester
Quote:
Please feel free to quote in any undifferentiated players who are interested, I went with whichever players I saw on the first few pages of the guild forum. :3

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:06 am
If anything, Kaleb became even less interested in the food as Odal went on.

"Did the casting work?" He blurted out uncharacteristically, unable to hold back after fretting and wondering for so long. Being directly involved in the process had placed extra concern on his back and exacerbated his worries. "Are things okay? With the court and everything?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:54 am
As various faces she half recognized filtered in, Cass nodded towards them, sometimes she'd offer up a smile as well.

"Darn, there went my plans for the future," Cass replied just as jokingly to Odal's joke about preferring a male bride. But she didn't seem to mind the implications that food previously (or possibly still did) have a 'you're stuck here forever' effect as she took a sip of her drink. The continuation of Odal's statement, however, earned a nod from the brunette.

"I was given an index card with the cliffnotes version on it." she hadn't actually been given an index card, but the analogy was solid. She kind of just had things told to her and then everybody hoped she'd be able to run with it. Reoccuring life theme? Kind of. Kaleb's question was likely the one on everybody's mind, and Cass looked towards him, before glancing back to Odal and nodding along.  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:31 pm
    Mila's eyes got huge, but then she laughed too, apparently amused with the joke.

"Magical lessons sounds really useful! I'm glad we have resources like this now..." She kept quiet on how she didn't even know about the world before hand. "I bet her meetings aren't nearly as fun as this one's going to be." She paused.

"Oh but! I mean, not that I don't mean that this isn't serious! But things can be fun and serious I think..." She looked to Kaleb, and then back to Odal, and then to the rest of the people who had gathered. "I had heard that a lot of people were having trouble with their magic on that listserv thing, but since we're all here now... I guess everything worked out?" She echoed Kaleb's question.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:11 pm
Permission granted, Chester began spooning food onto his plate, smiling faintly as he did. He liked Odal and he certainly liked Odal's proposal. While his spurning of the differentiated had partially stemmed from anger and indecisiveness on his part, now things had changed. He didn't need to be a noble or a warg to be powerful, to make a difference.

Though he suspected he knew the answer to Kaleb's question, he didn't reply, figuring that what Odal might tell them about it would be more informative than anything he could say.

Smerdle

Scamp

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:12 pm
Shun blinked at Odal's joke attempt, but made no other reaction to it otherwise. He was still waiting to hear what this was all about, or if Odal was just here to babysit the undifferentiated for a night.

He also caught Zac's nod, and just gave a curt one in turn to acknowledge it.

"Extra training never hurts," he stated. It was at least nice that someone was thinking about them, he supposed. With the whole charter business, he found that the undifferentiated were either usually forgotten or purposefully left out at times.

Hearing Mila speak, he just sort of raised his brow at her.  
ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff