[PRP] Pardoned (Shiloh & Shun)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:23 pm
    Shiloh was a little weird when it came to admitting his wrongs. It wasn't that he was prideful, just that he was... adamant. He didn't like looking like an idiot. He didn't like being made the fool. He'd apologized to Shun, but like Jamie and him had decided, it wasn't really the best one he could've given. That being said, where Jamie had gone bearing gifts, Shiloh had... left a text message, which was shameful enough on its own.

Its contents, should Shun decide to answer it, was a very brief offer to meet up. Town Hall. The Otherworld. A time...

An offer to talk. Business stuff, he'd said.

And that's where Shiloh sat, on the steps of their brand new Court, his hood up and his fingers twiddling with one another anxiously. Worst came to worst, Shun didn't show up, and that was fine. He'd just go to him some other time.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:28 pm
After Shun got the message, he didn't answer. However, he did show up at the Other Ashdown town hall at the designated time. It wasn't easy for him to let go of things, and he still wasn't exactly happy about the accusations, but he was willing to see what Shiloh wanted.

While he approached the younger man, he glanced up at the new Courthouse. This was the result of the new charter.

"Beaumont," he stated as he curtly nodded in greeting.

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:54 pm
    Shiloh didn't look up, though he heard the footsteps approaching. Shun's presence had cast a shadow over him, and the teen slowly stopped what he was doing—his hand was thumbing through what looked to be an iPod, screen cracked and shining with age—the earbuds removed from his person as he wrapped the object up. Safely stashed in his pocket, Shiloh stood up.

He was very clearly stalling.

And instead of greeting, the first thing that he said was, "Sock me in the jaw." His eyes looked up at the detective, "Or like, the gut or wherever."

Shiloh that's not how you apologize.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:14 pm
For a few moments after Shiloh spoke, Shun just stared at him.

"You did not really call me out here just to get beat up, did you?" he deadpanned.

That said, the temptation to take Shiloh's offer and give him a good deck was there.

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:13 pm
    "Look, I'm really ******** bad at this, okay?" Shiloh's voice cracked at the end there, "I'm ******** stupid and I was being a ******** idiot. I actually literally believed that guy was you. Like?" He looked a little desperate, "I know all about evil doubles ******** s**t up! I should've known better but I'm still just a stupid kid!"

Oh boy.

Shiloh sighed. "I'm bad at apologizing, but I'm sorry." He paused, "I'm sorry and I wanna make it up to you."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:25 pm
Shiloh seemed to have a tendency to bring up his youth, Shun noted. But people didn't need to be young or old to do stupid things.

"If it will stop this nonsense, then sure, but if you really want to make things up, then you best be productive about it. We do not have that much time left with this whole cycle s**t and I would rather put my energy towards stopping that."

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:28 pm
    Shiloh seemed to deflate, at that. "I mean, I'm trying to break the cage too." He stopped, "Jamie and I are. But we're only two people, and all the charter s**t sort of took time away from that too..."

He trailed off.

"I'm a Noble and a Principal. If there's ever anything you need any of those positions for, you can call it in anytime, okay? That's a..."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:43 pm
"A lot of people are," Shun stated. His gaze went up to the Courthouse, furrowing his brow. Yes, the whole charter thing took precious time, but it was also something that was necessary. If they failed to break the cycles this year, they needed some structure to fall back on so they could regroup or something along those lines.

"There are already a number of things you could do with some of that. The listserv mentioned several texts that have been censored in the Other Ashdown library."

That was one thing that came in mind. He also figured that Shiloh had more resources at his disposal than that.

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:42 pm
    "Yeah..." He looked a lot smaller than he had at the start of the conversation. "I was gonna go look at those, but I need to know the specifics. I had someone reach out to me already, but..." He hadn't heard anything about it since the Charter overhaul. "I guess I'm still waiting to hear back on that. Waiting sucks."

He blinked, "Actually, I guess I did get a specific lead on one of the things... the Purge stuff that happened in the last cycle had stuff I wanted to check out." And then Shiloh looked to Shun, "I dunno who started it, but apparently I was the one who found the killer. And then they found my charred up body..."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:30 pm
Shun's good eye narrowed at that.

"Finding out the specifics of that could help. Perhaps those of the last cycle were getting close to breaking the cage," he murmured thoughtfully, "Charred up body makes me think the Burning Man may have been involved."

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:05 pm
    "Right," Shiloh had sort of thought the same thing, "He seem's obvious anyway, with the fire and all. 'Course anyone could've gone the charred route if they were that hellbent on desecrating the body..." Shiloh sighed.

"If it was though, it might have some leverage in the case..." He trailed off, "I mean, if it was the Burning Man, then you could almost compare what happened here to another Purge in a way. Maybe a more permanent one..." He bit his lip, "'Course, if I got wrecked last time for knowing who the perp was, then who's to say I won't get wrecked again if I stick my nose in places I shouldn't?" Shiloh laughed, a little sarcastic, a little nervous. People his age probably shouldn't have to be caught up in this s**t.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:42 pm
"We would know his actual motive for killing everyone if that were the case," he nodded. It was hard to say without knowing who was all killed in the purge. All he really knew was that a lot of people died, and it was a big reason as to why they were all quite lost on what the hell to do.

"But if it was the Burning Man, then digging in here will not get you any further ire from him considering what we have done to stop him already... and if the whole trial thing works, he should no longer be a threat to anyon," he muttered lowly, "If it was not him however... well perhaps you should bring someone as backup."

melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:45 pm
    Shiloh laughed a little nervously, "Yeah, especially since he was one of the survivors. Either way, it's something I want to look into, but I don't wanna end up... crispy again either." He scratched the back of his head lamely.

"It's actually kinda awkward." He said suddenly, "I guess I'm supposed to be representing the Burning Man in Court." His lips pursed, "Silk didn't want anyone who was tithed by Ezra or his tithes, but that literally like, left no one but me..." And did Shiloh think he was qualified? Hardly.

"This whole thing feels like a gigantic ******** conflict of interests." He shook his head, "Either way, I guess. You handle yourself pretty well around dangerous stuff, don't 'cha?" Shiloh blinked up at Shun, "If you ever needed to go to the Library for any reason, maybe we could do a 'help-me-help-you' type deal."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:14 pm
Shun lifted his head a bit, "I like to think so."

He then nodded to Shiloh, "In any case that seems like a fair deal. I provide protection if needed, and you provide the access."

The detective made a vague notion.

"Whenever you wish to tackle the library, we can go."

melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items