Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:02 pm
boba tea

It was after classes one day for Nasir, coming back from Boston, when he had caught sight of the place in Ashdown. One of the newer places, he thought, that he was unfamiliar with (or maybe it had always been here in this world and he had not found it). Regardless: it served boba tea.

So it was no surprise that not even fifteen minutes later, Nasir was showing up at the fourth wall (Ollie was on shift today) with a to-go cart of boba tea.

"You will not guess what I found in town." Since they had discussed it not being easy to get locally. "... and it's actually good."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:07 pm
learning to feel

Another day and they were in other ashdown, sitting on a bench that was outside the new Court (aka Town Hall). Nasir was holding his hand out to Oliver, a little bit nervous but trusting all the same. The mark was still there, glimmering more so in the presence of the one who had made it.

It was passed time to try and test himself without it.

"At least this place is quiet right now," his voice was soft, to keep out his own nerves, "but I've also gotten better about dealing with it." If he wanted to get stronger, to adapt to his powers, then this would have to come off.

He was just thankful Ollie was there to help.

Melancholies
JUST THESE TO START OKAY

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:25 pm
not quite decora

With a penchant for hairclips and barrettes being all in his hair, Nasir had an eye for them when he found something cute. Given their past conversations and what they discussed about being a raccoon not necessarily being perceived as a good thing it meant that when Nasir had seen them, he had to get them.

Them was in a ridiculously cute bag with little raccoon stickers and adorable present paper.

It was dropped in Oliver's lap as he sat himself down next to him with a smile.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:39 pm
boba tea

Oliver looked a little ragged. He did most days when he was working, largely because he had little idea or interest in the things he was selling. It wouldn't be so bad if the consumer fanbase for anime and games and comics weren't so ******** chatty, because he had nothing to contribute like, ever.

Nasir being there was a godsend. "Holy s**t?" Oliver didn't swear as much as his brother, so it was still a novelty when he did, "What flavor—? Wait, for me?"

He'd come to expect and accept gifts from people like Horace and even Elliot, but Nasir? He felt incredible lucky and heartfelt for a second; he really did have good friends.

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:40 pm
learning to feel

Oliver had a collection of items with him today. "Good. That's the first step." He had a paint brush and a container of red paint. With a swift stroke, he slashed out the mark on Nasir's hand.

"Wait for it to dry. We'll wash it off afterwards." He produced a bottle of water from his backpack.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:40 pm
not quite decora

Ollie jumped. "What the heck is this?" He sounded caught between is this a ******** joke Vasile? and oh my god it's actually cute. "Where'd you even...?"

He started to pick through the bag.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:50 pm
boba tea

Oliver swearing was a bit like Nasir swearing. One was really surprised when it happened which was exactly why Nasir went a little wide-eyed and then chuckled.

"Yes. For you, Ols." The container was set down. "You can pick. There's strawberry and orange. I'm having whichever one you don't pick but I can give you the address and you can hit it up later for more."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:12 pm
learning to feel

"I'm a little nervous," Nasir admitted, looking at Oliver with a small smile. Not that he didn't trust him because he did. He waved his hand a little, as if trying to get it to dry faster and then brought it up to look at and blow on.

It was better to focus on this than his nerves or anxiety that somehow he would suddenly be slammed with feelings and thoughts and-

"Magic is pretty great, you know, but I think all of this has amplified my anxiety." Anyone else and Nasir would not admit that, not want them to know he was anything but happy and alright, but Ollie? Ollie he'd tell. "What's next after washing it?" Was there a next?  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:25 pm
not quite decora

"A gift," Nasir replied, settling next to Oliver (and doing good about not vibrating because he was always happy about giving gifts). His expression, of course, totally was that one that said he was absolutely pleased with himself.

More so with Ollie's response.

"Boston. You'd be surprised with the little shops you can find sometimes." Besides that the bag was adorable, Ollie would come into contact with what felt like soft fur. When he tugged on it, a pair of hair clips would come out (they were little raccoon ear hair clips that would clip into his hair along with some hard plastic ones that matched the gift paper raccoon pattern). There was another item in there, this one harder plastic that was similar shape but a headband of ears, and the final gift was a plush raccoon keychain (that looked ornery about to kick butt; it was probably Rocket Raccoon but who knows)

Nasir fidgeted a moment. "Since the entire raccoon thing is ... got that stigma to it, I figured if you had cute raccoon things to wear and have would help change that a little." Especially if people, instead of focusing on trash panda focused on how adorable raccoons were.

Or something like that. He was trying to help!

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:32 pm
boba tea

Ollie looked between the two, "Well um, uh... how about... I mean, if you insist..." He was clearly awkward about accepting things. "I promise I'll make it up to you."

Life was all about deals and favors.

"Maybe... the orange?" His fingers wiggled a little as he reached out for it, "W-Wait, Ols?"

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:33 pm
learning to feel

"After washing it off, you should start to experience the magic as it was again. You should... begin sensing the thoughts and empathy in the forefront of your mind." He pursed his lips as he took Nasir's hand, the water bottle washing lukewarm water over his palm. The mark faded away.

Nasir would probably feel Oliver's own flare of anxiety, coupled with I have to make this work. It worked for me, I have to make it work for him.

There was a real sense of failure. A real sense of self doubt. Was Oliver always so insecure? He looked perfectly capable outwardly, his voice didn't waver, he seemed very much prepared...

"We'll begin with meditative techniques. Mindfulness..."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:33 pm
not quite decora

"I feel like I've seen this guy before..." Oliver's brow knitted together as he looked at the key chain. "Learning to overcome self doubts by immersion of the acquired insecurity, interesting..."

He had the headband on his head as Nasir kept talking.

"It's... cute."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:59 pm
not quite decora

"I think it's ... Rocket Raccoon? From that Guardians of the Galaxy movie." Nasir wasn't exactly sure, he was not big on getting to the movies to see things- not lately, at least. "But, basically, yeah, immersion to help overcome the doubts. Positive reinforcement by those around you in your environment because they're focused on it being cute."

He felt a little silly for thinking of it this way but ... it was something to help.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 pm
boba tea

"Sure," replied Nasir at making it up to him. He was very clearly used to people having to either make deals or promise favors when accepting things. Mostly because he was a giving person and some people just weren't easy about accepting without giving in return, whether their word or something else.

The orange one was pressed into Oliver's wiggling fingers before Nasir's face promptly heated. "Yeah, Ols. If ... I mean- is that alright? I can stick with Ollie if you don't like it." He kind of wanted to hide behind the boba tea cup (because it was cool and his face was warm now). "It just ... rolled off the tongue." The nickname.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:12 pm
learning to feel

Nasir nodded as Ollie explained, sucking in a quiet breath between his teeth when he felt the spike of anxiety and the whisper of his voice. It was something else, really, to see Oliver so composed, so capable, but to feel all the doubt and insecurity underneath ...

It was reassuring, almost, but also made Nasir feel as if he had found something of a kindred spirit in him.

"It's there but ... I guess, it's just you so it's not ... as bad." The words were quietly said, Nasir's fingers fidgeting as he clearly wanted to reach out and touch Ollie but did not want to react on what he was hearing at the same time. Mindfulness.

"This is really helping, I'm not getting ... everything," he said a moment later, "and what kind of meditative techniques?"

Melancholies

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff