Indoor Seating Area

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:40 am
ShadowxHoney

User Image

Travis Hutton
[Curse Werewolf]
[Southern Boy]
Theme:Small Town Boy - Dustin Lynch

It was almost time for Travis to go up when he heard a man, at first he thought he wasn't talking to him then, looking up he realized he was being spoken to.

"Oh sorry, nah not really im pretty use to stuff like this, use to do this sort of thing back in my old home town.

Travis' voice had quite a thick southern accent to it. He stood up as he looked at the person on stage almost being done. He looked back at the stranger who had first spoken to him and stuck his hand out.

"Names Travis Hutton by the way."

Shaking the mans hand with a firm and steady hand shake he turned took a sip of his drink then walked over to the stage, he walked up the steps grabbed a stool that sat on the stage and adjusted the mic.

"Names Travis Hutton, moved here from a little town in the middle of no where, ya might know it. This song is a song I wrote myself."

He looked at the sound guy and let him know everything sounded fine from talking into the mic. Travis then began to strum on his guitar starting the song. The song was a touch into his past, a peek into his life back in his old home town, what it was like for him.

User Image

Zetsu-Hon
Crew

Greedy Hellhound

ShadowxHoney

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:10 am
Zetsu-Hon

User Image
User ImageUser Image
Theme:Haunt~Echos
Wearing

Felix finally got tired of sitting around the house, getting anxious for when school started in a few days. He picked himself up off the couch and got in the shower before getting dressed. Putting in his headphones and playing some Yiruma before he put the book he was reading into his bag along with a water bottle, his wallet and a folder of sheet music to go through for his class. Slipping on his shoes he was out the door and walking to town, he saw an interesting black building on a corner that from the sound of it had live performers.

Pulling out his headphones he walked into the bar and grill and kept to himself as he followed the sound of music outback. He saw a sheet and noticed that it was a small event local artist. Smiling to himself he wondered if any of them would be his students and put his name onto the list hoping to make an announcement when he went on stage. Looking up to see a piano he figured he'd pull something from memory or from his folder. Walking back inside he ordered a drink before walking back out and standing against the building watching the people perform. Eventually he noticed a handsome younger man playing a guitar and walked over.

"Nervous?"

It was a simple question that would be followed by advice if needed, no harm meant. Though many people took offense when he spoke, his voice was deep and often monotone sounding.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:53 am
Zetsu-Hon
I think you edited your post lol took me a moment to figure out why I had a notification lol

User Image
User ImageUser Image
Wearing

Felix was surprised by the mans southern accent, and smiled it was nice to listen to. As Travis introduced himself and put his hand out Felix grabbed it and shook it.

"Felix Ellsworth"

As the person on stage walked off he watched as Travis got on, and walked to a better spot to watch the man. Felix wasn't surprised when he started strumming the guitar, it was a simple few cords, which were played slowly. Yet when the man started singing Felix once again felt surprised by him. The song went on and Felix closed his eyes and listened, the song had meaning behind it and it was obvious that it had been written with strong feelings. For Felix it reminded him of someone close to him who had been taken to soon and couldn't help but feel his eyes watering. He opened his eyes to watch the man on stage again and wiped his cheeks, blinking away the rest of the tears.  

ShadowxHoney

Zetsu-Hon
Crew

Greedy Hellhound

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:04 am
ShadowxHoney

User Image

Travis Hutton
[Curse Werewolf]
[Southern Boy]

Travis as he sang didn't miss a beat, a word, or anything no wavering in his voice what so ever. He watched the small gathering people that came to listen to the others they seemed moved by his song, maybe remembering things from their own past, people they lost, memories of happier or sad times. And just as he suspected the majority of the crowed was women. He had a way with his songs, with his voice that didn't just make women cry though. He had brought many men to tears with his songs. As he finished he gave a smile to the crowed as they clapped, sniffled, and wiped their eyes. He stood up and gave a small wave as he walked down the stairs off the stage and back to the chair he was sitting in before. He grabbed his guitar case and opened it sliding in the guitar then grabbed his drink and took a few sips of it, leaning back in the chair and legs crossed with his foot resting on his knee. Some people came over and told him how great the song was and what memories it brought back to them.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:29 am
Zetsu-Hon

User Image
User ImageUser Image
Wearing

Felix watched the man walk off stage before he himself walked on, he watched as the group crowded him then took a breathe and smiled.

"Hello everyone, I am Felix Ellsworth, I am the music teacher at Hyde. If any of you will be attending this semester and have an interest in music I suggest you swing by my classroom."

As he finished his announcment he sat down at the piano on stage and placed his fingers over the keys. He began to play Schubert Impromptu Op.90 No.2 from memory with his eyes closed. His fingers dancing along the keys, he opened his eyes finally, but no one else was there. Just the piano and himself, the rest of the world was dark to him as he focused and got lost in the notes. He put his foot on the pedal when needed and eventually his whole body moved along with his hands and the music. He never was one to like stiff piano players, he believed in feeling the music. He closed his eyes again as the music got quieter and he hit the lower notes...then the battle between the higher and lower, he had it all down in his mind. From the first few months of memorizing it for his own piano class back when he lived in the city. Memories of playing it for his lover and him dancing around the room had a smile on Felix's face as it got back to the cheerful parts of the song. He opened his eyes again near the end of the song getting ready for the loudness of the big finish, the keys ringing as he hit some of them harder with the speed. Finally nearing the end going from high to low to hitting those last few low notes. He simply stood gave a small head bow and walked off stage as the next, a woman walked onto stage.  

ShadowxHoney

Zetsu-Hon
Crew

Greedy Hellhound

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:48 am
ShadowxHoney

User Image

Travis Hutton
[Curse Werewolf]
[Southern Boy]

Travis looked up as another person took the stage, it was the man from earlier, Felix. He turned his attention to him now as he played the piano, it wasn't his cup of tea but this man was very talented and that was no lie. He closed his guitar case and moved to the stairs of the stage and listened to the man play, he waited there till he was done and watched the man walk of the stage.

"Not bad city slicker."

Travis' didn't mean that in a insult type of way. He patted the guy on the back and took another sip of his drink.

"So you're the music teacher, guess we will be seein' a lot of each other then."

Travis walked past him and to his guitar case and picked it up he walked to a table now in the area, he thought he might as well get something to eat while he was here, and they would probably want some of the local artists to play again as there weren't very many on the list to begin with.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:09 am
Zetsu-Hon

User Image
User ImageUser Image
Wearing

Felix followed Travis after he spoke, interested in finding out if it meant what her thought it did.

"So Travis, are you a student?"

He didn't sit when the other man did, not wanting to impose on his afternoon. Simply just curious on asking him if he would be in his class this semester.

"You have a great voice, by the way and you sounded good on the gutair"

He realized the man had paid him a compliment and that he hadn't said anything yet so he decided to get that out of the way while he still remembered. Felix put his weight on an empty back of a chair as he spoke to the, man now sitting.  

ShadowxHoney

Zetsu-Hon
Crew

Greedy Hellhound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:40 am
ShadowxHoney

User Image

Travis Hutton
[Curse Werewolf]
[Southern Boy]

"Yes sir, I am a student."

Travis looked up at him with a smile then looked at the seat across from him and put his hand out gesturing for the man to sit with him.

"Oh well thanks, I've been playin in guitar for as long as I can remember, My pa taught me. Why don't ya sit down, might as well get to know my teacher."

Travis gave him another smile and looked at a menu he was handed. Travis sure was a friendly guy, and very outgoing. He glanced at the man again then up at the stage as a few others went on the stage.

"You gonna go back up and play another song? I know I will be, hopefully not as many people get emotional."

Travis chuckled a bit with a smile on his face and he closed the menu. He leaned back in his seat and watched the group on the stage. This was more like his home town, local singers getting together at a bar singing.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:50 am
Zetsu-Hon

User Image
User ImageUser Image
Wearing

Felix sat down in the chair across from him after he made the gesture, smiling slightly as he listened to the younger man speak. He watched as Travis looked at the menu and as he glanced at the stage. As Travis asked the question Felix moved his attention to the stage and shrugged.

"Not everyone likes piano, if I go again I'd probably have to think of something a little more....modern?"

He took a moment to find the word modern...he didn't always like playing new songs on a piano, unless he was doing it for students to get them to loosen up and enjoy the instrument. Felix looked back to his student and smiled softly before he gave a light shrug. Again it wasn't long before he was admiring him, getting lost in studying the mans facial features, his hair, the build of his shoulders. Felix pretend to look down at the menu, distracting himself before the situation got awkward.

"So Travis, from the sound of it you're not from around here. Been in town long or only just got here for school?"

Felix thought about asking if he had a girlfriend back home but reminded himself that he was an old man and his teacher. Boundaries....He thought as he finally looked at his student again..His voice still deep but maybe not as monotone sounding, at lease maybe not threw the small smile he was giving the man. He tried not to leave the impression that he was some stuck up teacher who didn't give a s**t. Which if he didn't remind himself to smile and talk a little more people usually thought he was. Unless he was playing or teaching, those are the moments he actually just gets to forget and release, actually feel good again. Felix took a breath clearing his head, bringing himself back to the now.  

ShadowxHoney

Zetsu-Hon
Crew

Greedy Hellhound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:06 am
ShadowxHoney

User Image

Travis Hutton
[Curse Werewolf]
[Southern Boy]

Travis chuckled a bit at the mention of having to play something more modern. He shifted his attention back to the male when he asked about him not being from around here.

"No sir i am not from here, I'm from a small town down south. I moved here a few weeks ago to get use to the place before school."

Travis smiled at him, his eyes did linger on the man for a bit before moving back to the stage. He looked down for a moment before he looked at the man again to speak.

"Why don't you try singing, or I could led you my guitar. That is after I go up again."

He laughed at himself before he leaned forward a bit his arms resting on the table. The last of the people left the stage and a waitress came up. She announced those who were voted by the patrons at the restaurant to come back up and Travis' name came up as well as Felix. They were told they can come up if they wish to.

"Looks like that's my queue."

Travis stood up grabbed his guitar out of his case and jogged up to the stage, readjusting the mic once again.

"Alright, this may or may not make you motional, sorry in advance if it does."

With a laugh and a smile he began to play his next Song just like the first it was another personal song, and the guitar he was using was indeed his grandfathers. Travis' songs usually gave light into his past, and thing he went threw. The showed a different side of him,that you wouldn't think he would have just by meeting him.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:38 am
Zetsu-Hon

User Image
User ImageUser Image
Wearing

Felix listened as Travis as he spoke, and seriously considered using the mans guitar for a song. He moved his attention the the stage as the waitress went up. He watched as Travis walked up on stage and prepared himself for whatever he was about to play. Though as he started to sing Felix hadn't prepared himself for the mans voice. Something about that southern voice had Felix memorized...he wished he could have a recording and just play it whenever. Watching Travis as he sang and the emotion he put in when he sang...had Felix in an uncomfortable situation. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in deciding to actually listen to the meaning of the song and try to calm himself. As he started listening he opened his eyes again to watch, this time not admiring just trying to look into the mans past. Felix made a note to question Travis for his inspiration for his music at some point this year...Maybe after they had gotten to know each other a little better.  

ShadowxHoney

Zetsu-Hon
Crew

Greedy Hellhound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:49 pm
ShadowxHoney

User Image

Travis Hutton
[Curse Werewolf]
[Southern Boy]

Travis strummed the last few cords, before he took a breath and looked up out at the crowd now. Not as many people were teary eyed now, he gave them a handsome smile as he took his guitar and walked down the steps over to the table he was sitting at with Felix.

"Alright there ol'man your turn, show me what you got when it comes to my type of music and while in your class i'll attempt at playing your type of music."

Travis put his guitar out towards the man and flashed him the same handsome smile and raised his eyebrow. What did Felix have to lose, a student saying he would learn a new type of music, that was good wasn't it.

"Also I know you are a music teacher and you know most songs if not all have a meaning behind them, I'll tell you about which ever song i sang you want to know about but only one. Now go on i wanna see if an ol'dog like you knows some new tricks."

His words were not ment as insults and he let out a chuckle at the man. The same smile still on his face.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:41 am
Zetsu-Hon

User Image
User ImageUser Image
Wearing

Felix cocked an eyebrow to Travis's statement and a cocky smile took over his face. He replied, dropping his voice to it's deepest adding a small twang to it.

"You want country, I'll give you country"

As Felix grabbed the neck of the guitar he knew exactly what he was getting himself into. The only time he ever learned country songs was to sing them for his ex, all he knew where were love songs, except one song...He had learned and played a song at his funeral, the request of his lover. Walking up on stage he smiled at everyone but gave no introduction. He sat down on the stool and put his knee up to support the guitar. He took a deep breath and began...He started playing Chris Young's Tomorrow and when he started singing it wasn't hard to add the southern accent to it. He had worked with his voice for years and was quite the copycat artist...part of his OCD he didn't have his own style, but instead had to perfect a song down to the very last note. He sang with his eyes closed letting the emotion rush over him as he got lost in the past.  

ShadowxHoney

Hyde School Off Campus Areas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff