Welcome to Gaia! ::

The D-Party

Back to Guilds

Because we like Diedrich. And Parties! 

Tags: Diedrich, Grunny, D-Party, Party, President 

Reply Archives: Where all old threads go to die.
D-Party Monthly Newsletter-Interest?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Newsletter Interest Poll
  I would read and submit content
  I would read and maybe submit content
  I would only read
  I would maybe read
  I would not read or submit content
View Results

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:11 am
Hullo D-Party!

The crew and I were talking about possibly doing a monthly "newsletter" sort of thing where we can share art and poetry and Diedrich news witch each other as a group.

Is this something that you guys would find interesting?

If so, what sort of content would you be interested in seeing in the newsletter?

Would you be willing to submit content yourself?

If published, would you try to read the content?

We're trying to come up with some ideas to raise participation in the guild other than just events! Thank you for stopping by!

Newsletter Ideas:
D-Partier of the Month (Interview a D-Party member to learn more about them and what they do on Gaia)
Diedrich's Corner (See what Diedrich is up to this month)
Art Showcase (D-Party members can submit art to show off this issue!)
Our Own Mini Comics??
News About other Gaia Characters??  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:25 am
If there were mini stories/new articles or lil'comics. I would definitely read those. I find them fun and adding to Gaia lore is always a plus.

I'm not sure about submitting my own content.
/real life is quite busy right now

But I'm definitely interested. I think it could be a lot of fun.

/How does Diedrich feel about Peyo's sudden growth?  

ichigokazuki

Otherworldly Dreamer

57,725 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • 20000 High Score 500

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:26 am
ichigokazuki
If there were mini stories/new articles or lil'comics. I would definitely read those. I find them fun and adding to Gaia lore is always a plus.

That could be cool to look into! Comics would be really fun, but I'm not an artist, so I don't know how viable that could be.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 am
Hassli
ichigokazuki

That could be cool to look into! Comics would be really fun, but I'm not an artist, so I don't know how viable that could be.

Yeah there in lies the problem to be able to snag an artist willing to do some lil'comics for the newsletter.

I'm no artist. I can do some basic illustrator stuff but not people or animals. Maybe in stickman form.

If a newsletter became a real thing, would you have forms or such to fill out for people to submit content?  

ichigokazuki

Otherworldly Dreamer

57,725 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:41 am
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki

Yeah there in lies the problem to be able to snag an artist willing to do some lil'comics for the newsletter.

I'm no artist. I can do some basic illustrator stuff but not people or animals. Maybe in stickman form.

If a newsletter became a real thing, would you have forms or such to fill out for people to submit content?
I think we would probably make a mule account and ask for private message submissions maybe. Not sure exactly. I would have to think on it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:50 am
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki

I think we would probably make a mule account and ask for private message submissions maybe. Not sure exactly. I would have to think on it.

Okay, I'll have to keep checking back. I think one guild I was a part of had a thread, with forms and such and you would fill it out with your type of submission, there's would be a cut off date for submissions.

Hopefully this gets a lot of feedback and attention! biggrin  

ichigokazuki

Otherworldly Dreamer

57,725 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,725 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Nebula Novice 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:59 am
Hassli
ichigokazuki

Hassli, when planning for a comic book, the publisher often assigns a writer, as well as artists (penciler + inker) for the job. If you signed up for the role of writer, this would be very viable. ❤

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:22 am
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki

Okay, I'll have to keep checking back. I think one guild I was a part of had a thread, with forms and such and you would fill it out with your type of submission, there's would be a cut off date for submissions.

Really? Do you know what guild? I would be interested in seeing!

Thank you!  

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:23 am
BatChic
Hassli
ichigokazuki

Hassli, when planning for a comic book, the publisher often assigns a writer, as well as artists (penciler + inker) for the job. If you signed up for the role of writer, this would be very viable. ❤
haha that’s true. I don’t know if I am funny enough to write comics.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 am
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki

Thank you!

I'll check to see if I can find it. 3nodding  

ichigokazuki

Otherworldly Dreamer

57,725 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:49 am
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki

Thank you!

I'll check to see if I can find it. 3nodding
that would be helpful! Thanks!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:57 am
I would definitely read through all of it. heart

I love the comic idea, mentally I'm willing to help with art and/or submit my own pieces...but realistically I'm not sure if I'd be able to due to not really using anything other than traditional mediums. I'll have to dig out my drawing slab and see if I can reacquaint myself. Definitely can't write though. xd

Would you be putting the birthdays in this monthly newsletter? Or would they still be a separate post?

Poles/mini quizzes could be fun, or a "letter to the editor/Diedrich".  

Casserpi

Menacing Gekko

19,500 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Buggin' 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

ichigokazuki

Otherworldly Dreamer

57,725 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:31 pm
Hassli

I admit defeat. I cannot find it, it was years ago though.
But have you seen this group?
Link
They do a monthly magazine.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:36 pm
ichigokazuki
Hassli

I admit defeat. I cannot find it, it was years ago though.
But have you seen this group?
Link
They do a monthly magazine.
That is fancy! Ours doesn’t need to be that fancy haha  

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Zana Bonanza

Crew

Team Diedrich

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:31 pm
I will totally write articles and stuff. I can also cover proofreading and editing! I took a news writing class in college, so that basically makes me a reporter.

So, some ideas:

- Stories (Diedrich's origins, REVEALED!) and opinion pieces (President Trash Can rigged the election and/or is a lizard person...in a trash can)

- Details about upcoming events

- Monthly birthdays (or a link to Rox's post if she wants to keep it separate)

- Yes to interviews!

- Classifieds, where members can send in links and banners to their on site threads

- If not a comic, then maybe a caption contest? One silly picture that readers can submit captions to and win a little prize  
Archives: Where all old threads go to die.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games