Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
Void for now

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:37 pm
Void for now  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:13 pm
Just approval related things:

Age- age starting out must 18 or above!

(I also do not know the term Androgenic! From what I can tell at a glance is that it would indicate male sex characteristics, and your use of male pronouns so I am uncertain if this particular term is simply a different form of identification or a more alternate way of identifying as male! Please just educate me on it as I honestly do not know and do not want to mis-gender your character)

Eyecolor: Eyes will need to be an actual human eye color. Contacts are perfectly fine, just remember that there will be an actual eye color natural to humans under there!

I do not know if masks are allowed for hunters outside of the event that was held, so an admin will have to be the one to rule on that. (A good alternative could be sunglasses/scarf). (the only hunters I can think w/ masks outside of the even were from like... v1 and weapon related/not theatrical masks)

Cat ear hood- This might be another admin ruling as y1 hunters don't really get custom coats. But I know we had a premade but premades for events often have perks? It could be the hood is from inner vest coat or some such vrs the desu coat for easy work around)

While usually personalities are not part of an approval process, due to the lack of information I'd say you should expand beyond the single traits.

Other thoughts:
I would honestly work on fleshing out both the hunter and weapon a lot more. Right now, all I can see is that the hunter is a few disjointed facts with little to no context or seeming reason.
IE: He wears a mask because he was called ugly? Because he was adopted? Why were his adoptive parents so abusive to the point his self esteem made wearing a mask, (something out of the vast norm of society) preferable? How does martial arts relate to his personality? What form of martial arts? Why does he stalk people? Asking yourself the hows, why, when, where, etc about certain qualities and traits can help flesh out a character to form a complete image. Keep in mind- we're more interested in the character, less what a character can do. (He has a kitty ear hood- does he like cats?)

The weapon might not speak but certainly should have their own personality! I play Elio, who's weapon Specchio will often communicate in sounds akin to breaking or shattering glass. But even so, he still has a very distinct personality and that would translate no matter what form is used to communicate. By only listing 1 trait, you box yourself into a very flat one dimensional character who would have no variance in reactions. Try to ask those journalistic questions and think about how they would interpret teamwork, working alone, their views on being a weapon, being in conflict vrs out of it. Explore the character! Even stoic persons are more than just withholding expressing themselves, even if their manner of expressing themselves if primarily internal.

Hope this helps you steal, you have any questions to hesitate to PM, quote or DM me!
Steal

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:22 pm
iStoleYurVamps

Thanks for the feedback.

I cleared with Zoo and she is cool with his looks, and the clothing ^_^ I made sure of that before writing it up. Didn't want to step on anyone's toes as far as adding things not permitted.

As long as the hood, she is cool with it being his hunter jacket, and having the ears. <3

His mask is okay since it has been done before.

I altered to make his eyes fit, but having him albino with a tint of pigment to make the colour actually possible in real life. (Checked it out, it happens. Elizabeth Taylor had nice Violet eyes too.)

As for his personality. It is a work in progress, I have a bit of a back story planned, but I put a lot of it here so I remember. :3

The weapon is a good point, so I worked around with it, I hope it reads better.

And Yes, he loves cats. He would have one if they were permitted on island so he is kind of weirdly drawn to anything feline related.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:14 am
A+ if zoo clear. It was something I was not certain with as it had never come up before.

However: If you have him as an albino, he will have significant defects medically that should be prevalent. Even with a hunter weapon, it would not be enough to alleviate all defects that come with albinism.

In addition, violet eyes are genetically impossible; unfortunately unless you take the genetic defects that come with albinism, you do have it right they'd have to be blue to appear 'violet' naturally. We might think we see 'violet' but in fact, what we are seeing is simply the nature of how light reflects on eyes. (Elizabeth Taylor had genetically blue eyes, however, due the very unique shade they would often appear violet under certain lighting conditions). So if you want 'natural' violet eyes, you'd go the route of albinism and have to deal with the drawbacks of genetic defects, or just have contacts. A lot of hunters just wear contacts and that's nbd, and it's honestly the easiest way to maintain the cool appearance in art. It may seem like a nitpick, but as albinism is a very serious genetic condition, it's not something that can easily be written off.

It's something to seriously consider if you do want to go that route.

TY for explaining androgenic though I was worried about getting something wrong ;;

Steal

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:03 am
Thanks for the info Vamps.

Crisis is photosensitive, the light hurts his eyes badly, and his skin being as pale as it is not only burns badly but is generally fully covered his full outfit, hoodie (yay for jacket) and gloves.

His eyes would either have to be the appearing violet, he has no access to contact lenses.

I know if I went the albino route I would have to deal with the optic tremors, which could become an issue in missions.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:05 pm
awr ;; thank you for understanding.

Yeah, it's do-able per say, but there are gonna be those drawbacks; so long as you're fine with having them being an issue for your hunter, I just gotta be sure it's understood before I can approve it  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out