View Results

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:09 pm
Well another weekend is gone and another trip to my father's house in Nevada. It is not a fun 5 hour trip each time I make it and having to start clearing his house after he died about two weeks ago makes it that much more disappointing of a trip. "This too, shall pass" does not seem to be helping or else the cold I started getting last week end would be getting better instead of moving in and setting up for a long stay in my nose, throat and chest. I am told that the whole estate settling could take up to a year but I guess I'll see if that is true.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:06 pm
Since it only takes me minutes to read these, I apologize and ask that you read my comment on your later date post first(I think it is the one the week before your lovely turkey drawing).
Nevada is beautiful , but it gives you too much time to think (as any 5 hour drive does). Believe me; I've driven to every corner of this country and unless your mind is settled and your goals are easy...
Also driving 5 hours sucks, I don't know who likes doing that despite the beautiful countryside you can't stop and admire.
While it might seem painful to clean your dad's house out, please don't become bitter about it. It is horribly sad, but if you live in that and allow yourself to become angry and bitter about the situation you will only cloud the memories you have of your father. I personally blocked out the fact that I had a brother for a long time because everything surrounding his death was so horrible. After coming to terms with it I am glad I can remember the wonderful times we had together before he passed.

Legal matters are always terrible, you mentioned you had a sister who was in charge of them in an earlier post. I hope she can be a reasonable and just advocate and the process will not be drawn out.
I apologize if none of this is helpful or if you find it offensive.  

LimeyFish8

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:28 am
No need to apologize but the sentiment is appreciated. As for the legal matters, I am trying to just let it go. It seems like creditors don't care about the situation even though they start their letter with condolences, they still want "their money" as if they have a legal right to demand it from a relative. I am passing on copies of the bills to my sister and letting her deal with them.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:29 pm
Good for you! I would say paper work is all meaningless, but I'm dealing with a tricky situation with the IRS right now. Can't get a bunch of stuff done till it is all filed.  

LimeyFish8

Poll Guild of DOOM

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff