Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)
Sub vs Sol Nuzlocke: Ultra Turbo Fighting Edition, Send Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Here, have some gold.
  GOLD!!!!1111!!1!
View Results

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:03 pm
So, with the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon on the horizon, Sub and I will be trying this whole Nuzlocke thing again. This time, with both of us going through US/UM blind! But, we're leaving what starter we use up to the rest of the members. So feel free to let your favorite shine, or just make us shake our fists angrily at you like a couple of old codgers! The poll won't be here, however, as Gaia only allows one poll per thread. So instead, we're going a bit external.

If you want to vote for Sub's starter, you'll want to go here.

If you want to vote for my starter, then that'll be here.

Both of these will be going on either until November 17th at midnight EST, or until Sub and I can both start the game.

UPDATE: As Sub is unable to get the game currently, this will be done at a later time and may not be a blind run when it does happen. The polls will remain active.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:01 pm
Update, the sequel: Sub has just gotten the game! The polls are hereby closed, with these results:

Sub: Rowlet, with 5 votes.
Sol: Popplio, with 4 votes.

Also, we will be using these rules for the run, with additional info for those who may want to either try them theirself, or use it with older titles. You... might need alternate means if you plan to play one that's not on the 3DS with working online multiplayer. Regardless, they can be found below! Also, we'll likely be using this thread to either chronicle things or do snagging rolls as needed.

Snaglocke
Standard Nuzlocke Rules:
- Release/Box a Pokemon if it faints.
- May catch only the first Pokemon in each area. Gift/Fossil Pokemon count towards this as well.
- Exception: May not catch ANY Pokemon if party is full, standard rules still apply.
- Duplicates can be ignored.
- Pokemon must have max Affection by the end of the run.
- Additional Rule: Exp. Share and Super Training are banned.

Player Battles:
- Must battle each other with current team every second Gym Badge, or every Grand Trial.
- Also must battle upon defeat of the Elite Four and Champion, and again after completing the game's additional victory conditions.
- Snag Rule: The battle's winner is given a chance to snag one of the loser's Pokemon. Each ball has varying odds and is used up regardless if it succeeds or fails. If successful, a random Pokemon may be caught by the winner to trade for the loser's Pokemon. This random Pokemon must be released afterward. This is the only way to have more than six Pokemon.
- Winner is decided by who wins the most of these battles.

Powers, Z-Moves and Mega Evolution:
- Pass Powers, O-Powers, and Roto Powers may be used, but only on yourself.
- Z-Moves and Mega Evolution have a cooldown of three trainer battles after use.
- After Mega Evolution or a Z-Move is used, another can't be used until the cooldown period has passed.
- The Pokemon that used either of these uses this time to "recover" and cannot be removed from the party until it has. It also can't be used if its HP is half or less while recovering.

Victory Conditions:
- Red/Blue/Yellow: Must become Champion and defeat Mewtwo.
- Fire Red/Leaf Green: Must rematch the Elite Four and Champion.
- Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver: Must defeat Red.
- Ruby/Sapphire: Must defeat the poster legendary and become Champion.
- Emerald: Must also defeat Steven.
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Must rematch the Elite Four and Champion.
- Black/White: Must become Champion.
- Black 2/White 2: Must rematch the Elite Four and Champion.
- X/Y: Must defeat AZ and battle after reaching Grand Duke/Duchess and defeating Zygarde.
- OR/AS: Must defeat Brendan/May and battle after defeating Deoxys and completing the Delta Episode.
- Sun/Moon: Must catch all Ultra Beasts and Necrozma.
- Ultra Sun/Moon: Complete postgame's story?

Battle Chateau (X/Y Only):
- First Visit: Must progress to Viscount/Viscountess rank.
- Cliff Badge: Must progress to Earl/Countess rank.
- Rumble Badge: Must progress to Marquis/Marchioness rank.
- Plant Badge: Must progress to Duke/Duchess rank.
- Grand Duke/Duchess must be reached before capturing Zygarde.

Other Limitations:
- Flight may be used up to 4 times through the run. In Gen 7, this is instead once per island.
- Upon flying, the player must go to the nearest town or within the same island.
- In Ultra Sun/Moon, Mantine must be used to travel from island to island when possible.
- Teleport and Dig's field effect may only be used once per run. Teleport and any other move that ends a battle may only be used once per run, excluding trainer battles.
- Poke Dolls/Toys and Escape Ropes may also only be used once per run.
- Balls have varying limits; consult the spoiler tag below for limitations and snagging rates. Snagging chances are to use either Gaia's RNG or random.org.
Poke Ball/Premier Ball: First-stage Pokemon only; 50% snagging rate.

Great Ball: Up to second-stage Pokemon; 60% snagging rate.

Ultra Ball: Any non-legendary and non-baby Pokemon; 70% snagging rate.

Heal Ball: Up to second stage-Pokemon; 50% snagging success rate.

Lure Ball/Dive Ball: Any non-legendary Water-type Pokemon; 70% snagging rate for Water-type Pokemon, 50% on any other type.

Net Ball: Any non-legendary Water or Bug-type Pokemon; 70% snagging rate for Water/Bug-type Pokemon, 50% on any other type.

Dusk Ball: Any non-legendary Pokemon found in a cave, or any Ghost/Dark-type; 70% snagging rate for Ghost/Dark-type Pokemon or if it is currently nighttime in real life.

Nest Ball: Any baby Pokemon, as well as any first-stage Pokemon; 50% snagging rate.

Luxury Ball/Friend Ball: Any baby Pokemon, as well as up to second-stage Pokemon; 60% snagging rate.

Level Ball: Up to second-stage Pokemon; 80% snagging rate if the Pokemon is capable of evolution, 60% otherwise.

Quick Ball: Any non-legendary Pokemon, only can be used in the first turn; 80% snagging rate if used in the first player battle, 50% otherwise.

Timer Ball: Any non-legendary Pokemon, only can be used after ten turns have passed in battle; 50% starting rate, increases by 10% for each player battle done after the first.

Repeat Ball: Any Pokemon already registered in the Pokedex; 80% snagging rate if you already have the Pokemon registered, 50% otherwise.

Fast Ball: Any Pokemon with a base Speed at or above 100; 80% snagging rate if the Pokemon's base Speed is 100 or higher, 50% otherwise.

Heavy Ball: Any non-legendary Pokemon; 80% snagging rate if the Pokemon weighs 661.2 lbs/300 kg or more, 50% otherwise

Love Ball: Any non-legendary Pokemon that's the opposite gender of your active Pokemon; 80% snagging rate if the Pokemon has only one gender, 50% otherwise.

Moon Ball: Any Pokemon that evolves from a Moon Stone; 80% snagging rate if the Pokemon uses a Moon Stone to evolve, 50% otherwise.

Master Ball: Legendary Pokemon only. Can't be used for snagging.

Cherish Ball: Unobtainable in game.

Beast Ball: Ultra Beasts only unless used for snagging; 80% snagging rate on Ultra Beasts, 1% on anything else.

Failure Conditions:
- Blacking out brings an immediate end to the player's run.
- Being unable to progress further will also end a run.
- Should the other player progress further, they automatically win the run.

Darksol88
Vice Captain

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:12 pm
Trainer Log: Sub

Where am I? Alola? At least, it looks like Alola but...different. What am I doing here again? Wait, I remember...Sol! Darkrai damn you! I still have a bet to win! Alright, blah blah blah, let's skip all the intro and get into the meat of this journey. Where is that professor...kahuna...whoever has my first Pokemon! I got a j**z turkey to wipe a smile off of! ...wait, he can't smile...

Day 1: Just got attacked by some frisky little Yungoos, I'm eighty percent sure it didn't see me as food but rather a...ahem...prospective mate. Either way that shirtless tall glass of machismo and his merry band of starter Pokemon came along and chased away my suitor, much to my relief. Not wanting to dawdle any further I quickly snatched up the creepy little owl thing (something compelled me to, some mystical force called 'democracy') and got out of there. I was going to get this thing into shape ASAP and turn him into a turkey killing machine.

Odd the Rowlet (no relation to Odd the Ghost Man) has already proven his worth. Out of our first four encounters he had delivered decisive critical blows on three of them, much to my surprise. I had a good feeling this bird will help me put down another one, once and for all.

Met what had to be the most annoying person (and I know Reno) who insisted that I battle him. Despite countless warnings of my type advantage and Odd's penchant for striking vital warnings the kid still wanted to battle. Big mistake on his part, two strikes and boom, down. Not surprising.

Just when I thought I couldn't run into anyone more annoying I ran into a certain helpless princess and her sentient ball of cosmic energy, Odd out pecked a Spearow just for me to get sent flying off a bridge. Ordinarily you would think some mystical creature would come to save you but nope, I miss that annoying ball of cosmic energy, went flying over with little Odd trying to carry me (to no avail) while I plummeted into the water below. After a cliff side climb back up I make it back to Iki Town, annoyed and soaking wet just to have another lecture. Dear Darkrai I just want to be on my way! I don't care about being some designated chosen one or whatever this rock entails, I just want to bake a turkey!

Ugh, now they want me to go to some trainer's school. While I enjoy crushing the hopes and dreams of children I do have more important things to do. Though speaking of those more important things I should really get another Pokemon to accomplish that, ah well! Time to crush some kiddies in battle.

[Four battles later.]

Odd has been doing pretty good but after some close encounters with some Poison types I am convinced that I need another Pokemon, though nothing I can do about that right now, have to go battle some teacher first.

[Twenty Potions later.]

Oh dear Darkrai we barely got out of that school in one piece. The teacher had a Litten (Level 10) and Odd (Level 14), giving us a clear disadvantage and despite taking a critical hit we barley managed to claim victory thanks to some well timed flinching via Astonish and one critical hit of our own, of which I think Odd gave the poor thing a heart attack. (OOC: Litten's Ember was doing 20-22 each hit. I used up my last Potion and hoped that Litten's next Ember would only do 20 damage, thus allowing me to survive as I only had 21 HP. It did and then I turned around and delivered a critical hit to claim victory.)

After barely surviving being put through the wringer of public education I got the hell out of there...only to be pulled to Hau'oli City by the chatter twins. This is going to be a long journey.

Day 2: After spending a night in Hau'oli City I wake up recharged and raring to get out there and catch a much needed second Pokemon! Make no mistake, Odd has proven himself to be a very good Pokemon, however with questionably cruel methods of attack, but I can't survive this challenge with just him. Thankfully I am in Hau'oli City, not only the biggest city in Alola but also a comparatively hot bed of diverse wild Pokemon for starting trainers to choose from. From the elusive Abra to the regal and sturdy Furfrou. I'm excited to see what interesting Pokemon I'll find fir- ...Wingull. What am I, a bird keeper now? Whatever. I'll call him Dewdrop in homage of a member of its cousin species, however this one more useful than the original Dewdrop's species.

With another Pokemon caught it was time to put it through the wringer and get it fighting ready. Cue training montage because nothing interesting happened.

[Seven levels later.]

Okay! Dewdrop is looking pretty good, Odd is already damn good, now it's time to find the first tri- okay, I guess I'm collecting stickers now. Whatever, moving onto the- oh great, some high school drop outs want to fight. I suppose this is a good time for Dewdrop to prove himself in a trainer battle.

[One critical hit later.]

...I take back all the insults I have given avian creatures. With a Skull grunt taken care of (very quickly) I hope to move onto the trial, finally, unfortunately that smart kid everyone hated in school, Ilima, came up and insisted on a battle. Okay, I guess I'm ready for this, I hope.

Ilima's Yungoos proves to be pretty challenging for Dewdrop, after three Wing Attacks it's almost taken out only for Ilima to use a Potion. After this I am forced into a wall as each of Yungoos's Tackles deal more damage than my own Potions can heal thanks to an earlier Leer reducing Dewdrop's defense. Hoping Yungoose doesn't have Stakeout or at least Odd can survive the extra damage I switch. Thankfully Odd survives with ease and polishes it off with a Razor Leaf. Out comes Smeargle next who despite having Ember proves to be a pathetic challenge, Odd taking it out with two more Razor Leafs. Odd, as arrogant and full of himself ever, takes this moment of defeating a Trial Captain to evolve into Emo Owl, the angst-y teenage fowl who after having defeated most foes with relative ease up until this point has decided everyone is beneath him and, like, the whole trial thing is so beneath him. What's the point? *Sigh.*

Any who, with a new Dartrix (However brooding. Get it? Brooding?) and a victory against a trial captain under my belt I continue onto the first trial, hopefully uninterrupted.

-----

Odd (Dartrix) [Male] {Overgrow}
Level 17 / Timid
Held Item: Quick Claw
-Ominous Wind
-Razor Leaf
-Astonish
-Peck

Dewdrop (Wingull) [Male] {Keen Eye}
Level 13 / Adamant
Held Item: Nothing
-Growl
-Water Gun
-Supersonic
-Wing Attack  
Darksol88 generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 5!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:44 pm
Rolling for chance to snag Sub's Drifloon. Our logs will be updated/posted in due time. A Poke Ball is being used.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Darksol88 generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 6!

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:03 pm
Rolling for chance to snag Sub's Noibat. Using Great Ball.  
Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games