Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] learning the land (Magomvi x Amavasya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:24 pm
Meepfur

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When the two lions had finally reached the waterfall, Magomvi stared with wide-eyes. Shujaa and Asikari had not mentioned anything like this in their scouting of the lands! (Granted, it wasn't the tallest waterfall in the world, but for someone who had never seen anything like it before it was magnificent!)

"This is wicked." The brown lion said with a wide grin.

"Did you happen to just stumble across this one day while scouting?" He looked around. Not knowing the pridelands as well, he would think this landmark was a little bit out of the way from things. "Are there other things like this in this pride?" Magomvi cooed. The Kusini lands definitely did not have anything like this! Just a forest you could get lost in if you did not know the way, a river that could kill you, and....yep, that was it for the most part.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Hardly," the dark lioness answered with a good-natured chuckle. It was entertaining, an enlightening, to see the newcomer's reaction to a feature she was so used to. It was a pretty spot - beautiful, even - but familiarity had dulled the magic it might otherwise have held for her. "It may be at the fringes of our territory, but it's a well-known landmark nonetheless. You'd be hard-pressed to find anything truly undiscovered on pridal lands, as long as they've been occuppied."

"Hm, no, this is the only waterfall. Our territory's mostly savannah, with a few hilly spots and patches of forests here and there for variety." Pride Rock, of course, went without saying. "The rest of the really 'interesting' things are past the borders, to the north: the gorge and the Elephant Graveyard."

KasaiLoki

Meepfur
Captain

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:37 pm
Meepfur
Ever seen Fishlegs in How to Train your Dragon, when he gets super excited about a new dragon. That's pretty much Mags right now.
XD

Magomvi's mouth widened at a particular word or grouping of words Amavasya said. Elephant Graveyard. There was literally a place where bones of Elephants lay to rest? That had to be the weirdest if not coolest thing he had ever heard!

"Oh, those sound really cool. The gorge...Elephant graveyard you say?" He tried to play it of cool, but found his tone of voice changed when he was quite excited. It was more of a high pitched, borderline squeak tone.

"How did you guys manage to stumble across such a...location such as that? Does lions occupy it too? You say it's past the borders, so it's not in our territory, but could it be?" Question after question Magomvi asked the black spotted gal, curious to know more and hear what she had to say. The gorge sounded okay, but come on, an Elephant Graveyard?! Epic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:41 am
Magomvi's excitement was impossible to miss, and elicited another chuckle from the Scout. He reminded her of a cub in that moment; the pride's cubs were, of course, always intrigued by the forbidden lands to the northeast, but everyone was careful to keep them from straying that way, as they would surely become food or slaves. "It's just always been there, as far as anyone knows," she answered with a shrug, before shaking her head. "A pack of hyenas lives there. There used to be a few lions, too, but for years now it's just been the hyenas...and anyone unfortunate enough to be taken as their slave, if the stories are true."

"There was a war with them, years ago. It's how the King's grandfather was injured. There were deaths, too. It was horrible." A fact which made the Graveyard considerably less exciting for the adults of the pride, especially those of them who'd been alive at the time.

KasaiLoki

Meepfur
Captain

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:20 am
Meepfur

Hyenas? Now there was something Magomvi had never seen before. he had heard stories, about them, but never was able to actually see the little scavengers on his journey from the Kusini lands to the Pridelands. "Hyenas are...bad I am guessing." The lighter colored male was brought up to love all creatures unless they have him a reason not to. The way Ama described the hyenas as being taken as a slave, he figured they were probably not the best of creatures to mingle with.

This made his excitement for the graveyard wane quite a bit.

"Oh...That...that doesn't sound good," his ears drooped. Magomvi was pretty compared to some he met. "Has there been any more threats with them, then?" He asked, curiously. The pride seemed to be at peace now, so he could only assume there was either a truce between the two groups, or that maybe the hyenas had fled leaving open territory for either species.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:56 am
"The ones we share our border with are," Amavasya remarked with a sigh. "I should hope it's not true of all hyenas, but I can't say I've had experience with any others." It wasn't unheard of for non-lions to call the Pridelands home, and there were a handful of hybrids in the massive pride, but no hyenas so far as she knew. Would the King or Council be willing to allow it? She couldn't say, nor could she say how she felt about either potential answer. She'd come away from the conflict little worse for wear, but...

"Skirmishes here and there, but nothing serious. Our alliance with the Tianxia has been beneficial in that regard, they helped us to train our own fighters." It spoke to just how peaceful the lands had been for so long, that they had lacked any such force.

KasaiLoki

Meepfur
Captain

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:56 am
Meepfur
I am so sorry for the delay ;;

Magomvi nodded in slight understanding. He always saw the good in creatures, so perhaps the hyenas Amavasya spoke of were just a few bad eggs. Maybe he would find a good one, one day? A quest! He'd have to tell his siblings to see if they would go for it. "Just gotta find one to see if that is the case. I reckon there has to be a good one in the mix somewhere, even if they do not live close to here." The brown lion stated.

"Tianxia?" The lion blinked. He obviously needed to get out more. "Another...pride I am guessing." He said with a smile. "Ah, there are so many things I have yet to learn about our world it seemed. I guess it is good though, having an alliance and having such training for something like that. I would hope the fighters would never need to be used." But with the way things could change in an instant, who knew.

"I will admit this is the first I have heard of such pride. Do they visit here? or do some members of the pride go to their lands for the training?" If that was still a thing, maybe he could learn a thing or two from these other lions.  
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games