Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:40 am
Kimara was going to be cub sitting today and was more than excited because she'd never actually had a one on one with cubs before. She'd watched them with others before but this was different so she was curious to see how she handled. She'd always loved the little one's and wanted some of her own one day so this was sort of a test run for her to see how she'd do given the opportunity to become a mother soon.

Smiling brightly as she approached the location she was picking them up she wondered if she should have brought anything to give them though she figured they could go exploring or something perhaps. Or at least see what they wanted to do given the opportunity to choose some things to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:47 am
AstoriaFallen

Mwitu's ears flattened against his head. "I don't know WHY mom and dad think we needed a cub sitter. It's probably your fault you know. Did you say something to them when we went out that day?" The golden cub accused, eyes narrowing.

"No.. I didn't say anything! You know mom's been busy with hunting, and dad is just...dad. So, maybe they thought it was best for us." Ren said with a shrugged, lowering himself to the ground to roll in the dust. "Besides, maybe you will like them." Bright blue eyes lit up. "Ever think of that?" The charcoal male asked, flopping to his side.

Mwitu scoffed, rolling his eyes before glaring at his brother. "Whatever." He looked around, spotting who he assumed was their cubsitter for the day. "Oh, this could be fun," the little male smirked.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:57 am
KasaiLoki

Looking at the two young males she gave them a bright smile. "How are you strapping young males doing today?" She didn't realize how nervous she was until they were both looking at her, could they smell fear? What was she thinking she was a cub once, how had she used to think? Then again she wasn't a male and these were young boys so their thoughts were vastly different than hers would have been most likely.

"I'm Kimara, did you both have anything you wanted to do in particular?" She could at least hear what they wanted to do and see if she could oblige them.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:11 am
AstoriaFallen

Mwitu could not help but quirk an eyebrow at the female's comment. "Just sitting here. Isn't it obvious?" The golden cub snorted.

Renahi gave the male a sharp look, rising to his feet with a heavy sigh. "Hi Kimara. I'm Ren, and this is my brother Mwitu."

"She should know that already."

Ignoring his brother for a moment, Renahi smiled towards the paint female. "I think we are good to do anything you want us to do." He offered.

"Actually. I have an idea. You can leave us alone. Or, take Ren with you to do whatever and leave me alone. I don't need a babysitter." The golden cub stated, turning away from the female. "I think you can handle Ren by yourself. You don't need me hanging around." Mwitu said as he started to walk away.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:33 am
KasaiLoki

Oh ho ho, weren't they cheeky. "Just because I knew your names, didn't mean I knew to whom each named belong. So thank you Ren for letting me know." She gave the boy a bright and warm smile, it was genuine.

Thinking for a moment about what they might go do then she raised a brow at Mwitu and chuckled. "Of course you don't, but who is going to catch you lunch when you're hungry?" She was going to allow him to walk away, obviously she'd end up following him but to be honest she wanted to know what he'd do.

She figured he might respond with a, 'I can do this myself' type response but still, she waited.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:09 am
AstoriaFallen

Renahi watched as his brother walked away, his ears flicking between him and Kimara. "Are...you just going to let him leave?" He asked quietly, his tone just above a whisper.

"My mom!" Mwitu shouted back. "She's the best hunter in the pride." He did not turn around however, nor did he stop.

Renahi sighed. "He's right, our mom is a pretty good huntress. And she probably would get pretty mad if he found her saying he was hungry. I don't know who she'd be mad at more though." Somehow he would guess his father would have part to blame in the rebelliousness that was his brother.

"We should follow him. He's not going to stop." The charcoal male said with a small shake of his head.

Mwitu tilted his head to get an obscure glance at the two following him. Rolling his eyes, he quickened his pace. If he could sneak away from his parents, he was sure he'd find a way to do so with the female. If Ren would distract her, he could slip away more easily.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:55 am
KasaiLoki

She chuckled and shook her head, "Yes and no. We're going to follow him." That was a reasonable response though, on both boys accounts. "Your mother isn't here right now is she though!" She called back as the little figure continued walking.

She was going to comment that all lionesses were good hunters but she had met a few that just weren't cut out for it so she refrained. "I'll tell you a secret, I'm pretty good myself. I was alone in the rogue lands for years before coming here." She gave him a wink and stood up. He was right, it was time they should start to follow him.

If it came down to it she'd pick up Ren and carry him, it all depended on Mwitu's actions. "Is he always like this?" She asked.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:15 am
AstoriaFallen

The charcoal cub shrugged a bit. "I don't know if that is much of a secret. A lot of lions are good at hunting. Just not my dad. He's pretty bad at it." Ren said bluntly.

At her next question, he nodded. "Him and Msako both. You're lucky she's not here too." Even though Ren was related to both golden cubs, he wasn't sure if he could handle being sandwiched between both of them. One he could keep in line (or...perhaps try to), both? forget about it. "He'll get better... I think."

"What was it like in the rogue lands?" The male asked, slowly started to follow after his brother, who he had seen picked up the pace a bit. He knew he was planning something, but just could not place his paw on it.

Mwitu quickly turned around, seeing the two had started following him. "Stop following me," he growled out. "I don't need a babysitter." He said again, turning towards on a familiar path that headed to the family dens.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:30 pm
KasaiLoki
we can 'black screen' this one out and have it go into a second one if you like

"True, but you didn't know if I was or not." Smiling she kept her eyes on the male that was scampering ahead of them. She knew she'd be able to catch him quickly if she needed to, but it was sorta fun to let him think he could get away from her.

"I'm sure in time they will. It's tough being a cub sometimes." At least in her experience it could be, there was so much to take in it was crazy to absorb it all.

"It was a very vast a desolate place, full of dangers and wonders. It was a very trying, confusing but interesting place to be in." She wasn't sure how to really explain it to him except that it was just a huge mess of different things.

She chuckled, "Would it help if he looked at me more of being here in case of assistance?" Watching as he turned she ushered the other one along with gusto.

At least he was heading back towards where they lived. "Your parents think you do." She called out with a hint of humor in her voice. Sometimes they just didn't want to accept that things were put into place because that's what was best for them.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:39 pm
AstoriaFallen

Renahi snorted a bit. "Sounds like the perfect place for Mwitu then." He said. "I think I am perfectly find staying right here in the pride." The charcoal cub nodded matter-of-factly.

"Uh...I don't know." He answered truthfully. "It's just Mwitu." Maybe the rebelliousness was just a phase? Only time would tell as the cubs grew up.

Mwitu did not answer the female as she called out. She If mom wasn't busy, and dad didn't have his paws full with his own pride duties he was sure they wouldn't have gotten the cubsitter to watch them.

As he approached the family den, he didn't actually go inside it, instead veered left to the large waterhole that was right outside. He flopped on the ground at the shore, watching himself in the reflection of the water. When the shadowed form of his brother appeared behind him, he rolled his eyes. "Couldn't lead her away?" He huffed, not bothering to look at the adult.

Renahi just smiled, shaking his head. "Nope. You're stuck with her until mom or dad gets back. Get use to it. Maybe she will tell us a story or something."

"Yeah. Whatever." He huffed, pawing at the water.

Renahi took that as a yes. "So...Kimara? Got any stories?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:50 pm
KasaiLoki
Fin! smile

"I can tell you about the time I retook a kill of mine that had been taken by some hyena's" She offered and made herself comfortable to tell them the tale.  
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games