Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
[A][ALL][O] Peculiar Magic [Rebelle & Gravey] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graveyard Master

Hilarious Mage

3,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:27 pm
Autumn. They didn't have many fond memories of autumn. In fact, he couldn't recall anything particularly interesting happening in autumn. Of course, autumn was commonly associated with the beginning of a new school year. Jasper didn't hold onto many fond school memories. Here's to another uneventful year.

The uncomfortable rumble of the 1999 Ford Thunderbird lulled Jasper out of a fitful slumber. His hazy eyes shifted over towards his uncanny companion. Unlike him, she was a bit smaller. Her original ginger locks were dyed black. Her bangs were trimmed and straightened. Her face was littered with piercings. She wore a spiked sleeveless jacket and a black crop top, filled with skulls. Of course, they called Calliope a witch; her entire wardrobe told the story.

Jasper was another story. He embraced his curly, yet unruly ginger hair. He wore thick-framed glasses in order to hide his dark circles and freckles. He wore a large jacket, which masked his slender frame. You wouldn't know that they were twins from the first glance.

The Thunderbird began to pull into the extended driveway leading to the school. Dimrose: Academy of the Arcane Yes, that's what it was called. Because Harvard and Duke never called him back, and Calliope never applied for college. Yup, that's why.

The school was massive. Definitely something out of Harry Potter, although he hadn't brushed up on his Potter-lore since the ninth grade. Still, he'd always had an interest in film. A box of VHS tapes rattled in the trunk of the decaying car. "S-Should've invested in a Hearse." Jasper noted. Stutter. He stuttered. He hated it. If he had the chance, he'd remove his ability to speak so nobody would have to hear him utter another stutter-ridden word ever again. Calliope gave a half-hearted cackle at the off-handed joke in regards to her car.

Calliope turned the radio off as they began to pull into the limited parking lot behind the school.They seemed to be one of the few students to bring their own car. Stepping out of the vehicle, Calliope stretched her arms. "Are we early? No way. That's a first." Calliope chuckled.

Jasper
Calliope

Rebelle Loup

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:42 pm
Graveyard Master

(Laptop wont let me post pics. I'll describe my characters)

Stefan had been sitting in one of the big enchanted oak trees reading his book when he got a mind-o-gram from Fayre. "I'll be out soon. I can't find my earrings." He heard her voice loud and clear as if she was right next to him, but it was just a spell they had learned last year. The pair had been unlikely friends from the start. Stefan was the son of the headmaster at Dimrose so he was always held to a higher standard than the other students. Fayre was the Academy's esteemed trouble maker, always practicing her art of pyromancy. She could have been anything and made a name for herself, but instead she enjoyed being a little rebellious in between classes. Stefan continued reading the leather bound book to himself, his blonde hair falling in his face. He had one streak of red dye in his hair, per Fayre's request. It gave him an edgier look on top of his black button up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, the washed out jeans and his cross necklace.

Stefan looked down at the sound of foot steps when Fayre finally approached his tree. "What do you think I will set a flame today?" She asked. Stefan closed the book and jumped down from the branch. "Preferably not your hair again. It smelled awful for days." Fayre tossed her long brown soft curled hair over her shoulder. Her eyes were as bright green as they'd ever been. She wore a green tank top to match along with the jeans and combat boots she always wore. She had a gray sweater wrapped around her waist as well. The earrings she wore were enchanted and always seemed to bother the new comers and put a smile on her face. They looked like human eye balls that followed you everywhere. Creepy.

The leaves had begun to fall from the trees and the air was crisp as students started to filter onto the campus. The main dining hall was the destination for that morning so the new students would be introduced to their professors. The dining tables were the length of the large room and elaborately decorated, looking quite magical for the first day. Stefan and Fayre were at the front end of the room, only because Stefan's father would want to introduce the Freshmen to the Sophomore's for emotional support or whatever. Fayre had a wisp of fire in her hand as she stared blankly across the room and Stefan had his nose back in the book.  

Leathered_Saint

Graveyard Master

Hilarious Mage

3,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:15 am
After hauling their belongings out from the rickety old car, the twins began to head to the dormitories. Before opening ceremonies, they were to bring their luggage to their supposed "home for the next four years". "See you there?" Cal winked. Truthfully, Jasper didn't trust Cal by herself. Trouble always found it's way to the gothic girl. Jasper reluctantly nodded his head and the two parted ways.

"Oooo, sick ********' rooms." Cal whispered to herself. Fortunately, she found herself in Flaumart's Hall, the largest dormitory building at the academy. The central area resembled a ballroom. An old chandelier clung to the ceiling as it slowly wafted back and forth. Cal found herself falling in love with the enormity of the school. As she traveled up the ascending staircase, she quickly whipped out the small, crumpled paper that dictated her room assignment. Room 413

With only three more enormous staircases to climb, Calliope began to grow tired of the massive scale of the building. "Invest in an elevator."

After successfully reaching the fourth floor, Calliope trudged to her aasignment room. The names of the occupants were engraved into the vintage wooden door: Jordi L'banda, Calliope Rhodes, Robin Anais. Adjacent to their names were thin tally marks, in which Cal assumed that they represented their year. Cal swung the door open to find that her roommates had beat her there: Their belongings were already organized into neat corners of the room. A small, delicate red flower in a ceramic pot must have found it's home on their window sill. The flower had intertwining hues of red and orange, which caught the eye of Cal. Setting her belongings down on the top bunk of the bed, she climbed down and approached the delicate herb. Her painted fingernail gently poked the stem.

It withered immediately at the touch. Cal jumped back. No. Not again. Quickly, she panicked and darted out of the room.

Jasper found himself at one of the smaller dormitories, Naxarth's Hall. It was a homey, vintage building with only two floors. Jasper inhaled a deep sigh of relief as he skimmed through the building's directory in order to find his room assignment. Room 203: Finn Zdarsky and Jasper Rhodes. Hm. Finn. "Hope h-he's friendly." Jasper murmured to himself.

Once he spotted the two engraved names on 203, he turned the knob and entered. It seemed that Finn hadn't arrived yet. Jasper claimed a side of the room and left his belongings on the bed, then retreated to the opening ceremonies.

Rebelle Loup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:56 am
Graveyard Master

Chatter filled the air as the students filed into the dining hall. So many different personalities in one room was a little overwhelming for Stefan as he grabbed the collar of his shirt and swallowed. He didn't like crowds while Fayre was soaking up all the energy like a sponge which fueled her with curiosity. She stood up and started to wander around the room making small talk, especially with the new faces she'd never seen before. The school was huge, but there was no mistaking the new students with their bright eyes full of wonder and shock at the elaborate opening ceremony decorations. This was Fayre's second year, but she'd been practicing magic since she was sixteen. When she first discovered her powers, it had been in a mortal school with people who didn't know magic existed. The situation was horrible to say the least, and Fayre never looked back.

Fayre continued making rounds with the Freshmen as they stared awkwardly at her earrings. One freshman had the courage to touch one before jumping back and shrieking. Stefan was still sitting on the bench that ran the length of the long table, nose still stuck in a book. He was tapping his foot nervously and humming to himself, wanting to be anywhere but here. Perhaps he and Fayre could go out into the woods later to practice archery.  

Leathered_Saint

Graveyard Master

Hilarious Mage

3,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:08 am
Once Cal hurried out of gigantic dormitories, she found herself wandering into the crowded dining hall. In an attempt to compose herself, she began to meander throughout the hall. New and returning students demonstrated their unique magical skills and abilities for the room to view. The uproar of conversation dominated the aura. Cal felt a sense of acceptance; these were her people. She was one of them. On the other hand, she felt a distinctive distance. Her gothic appearance didn’t stuck out like spilled black paint on a white wall. She felt small in comparison to the older students and their well-versed, controlled abilities.

Her roommate’s dead plant. “Should’ve invested in a Hearse”. A walking funeral parlor.

Forget about it. It was difficult to calm herself down from the earlier event. Make conversation. You can do that, right? Cal took another deep breath and examined the numerous figures in the hall.

Eyeballs. They were eyeball earrings. They caught Cal’s attention almost immediately upon first glance. ”Woah, sick earrings.” Cal approached the older student. Cal gave a tiny chuckle after the eyeballs blinked back at her. ”How’d you get these bad boys?” Cal found herself more fascinated than frightened. The element of the odd and intrigue was her interest of choice.

Instead of immediately hurrying to the dining hall, Jasper decided to wander throughout the main grounds of the campus. The whistling oak trees caught the attention of the young boy. As he approached the inhaled a deep breath of a new start. He gently laid his hand on the sturdy trunk of the tree.

The wood sizzled beneath his touch. A handprint burned into the tree.

Rebelle Loup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:18 pm
Graveyard Master

Fayre heard a voice beside her asking about the gnarly earrings she adorned. She smiled took a breath and exhaled smoke out of her nose like a dragon. She turned to the goth looking girl, still smiling. "If I tell you I have to kill you. The name's Fayre. Your mentor in trouble making. Stick with me and I'll get you the necklace that matches these earrings."

The windows high up on the ceiling opened suddenly, letting in a small swarm of about ten owls to swoop in and glide towards the front of the room where each of them had their own perch to sit upon. The students paused to watch them do a little dance on the ceiling before making their landing. Fayre ignored them. It wasn't something she hadn't seen before.

"What's your name?" She asked. She didn't look the girl up and down to size her up, but instead stared right into her eyes the way an old friend might. She immediately decided this girl was her favorite freshman and completely ignored the others.

She's the one.

Stefan looked up at the sound of her voice in his head and looked across the room to see the girl with the raven hair. He raised an eyebrow and shot back "No way in hell. What are you possibly thinking?" There was no reply as he sat and watched the two girls converse. Placing the book down, he just sighed, hoping the ceremony would begin soon.

OOC: Sorry so short. Writers block. I passed my final today with an A and I am officially a senior now. I've been asked to mentor the freshmen at school so I am a little overwhelmed.  

Leathered_Saint

Graveyard Master

Hilarious Mage

3,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:48 pm
"Cal. Well, technically Calliope. Sometimes Callio or Calico. Whatever works." Cal responses, finally taking her own eyes off of the earrings. Finally, something was going right. At least, for the moment. Cal quickly scanned the room, subconsciously searching for Jasper. Usually, she could spot the boy in a crowd. However, his absence made her surprisingly worried. It's not usual for Cal to be the responsible sibling. Still, she didn't miss Jasper's social ineptness. "I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that you're not new." Cal began, tapping the tip of her combat boot against the floor.

After spending some time outside, Jasper decided to settle into the dining hall. The size and occupancy of the room made Jasper shudder with anxiety. Simply, he wasn't a people person. Quietly, he shuffled to the outer corner of the hall; the only unclaimed sector of the hall. "Taking 'wallflower' to the next level, there?" A pair of dark, judging eyes.She wore an oversize knit sweater and hoop earrings. Her lightly-colored lips complimented her tan complexion. "T-That's your definition of mak-king friends?" Jasper raised a ginger brow. She gave a small chuckle at Jasper's attempt at a joke. "Before you assume that my name is mega-b***h, it's Jordi." Jordi gave a toss of her caramel locks. "Mega-b***h is t-tempting." Jasper joked.

Jordi

{{It's okay! I don't mind! I'm glad you got an A! I found out I nailed my Child Psychology presentation today which is cool. I just got two papers to finish during break.

Do you have to mentor freshmen, or was it a request? If you're not comfortable with it or you're overwhelmed by the idea, maybe try talking to someone about it?}}

Rebelle Loup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:39 pm
Graveyard Master

Fayre smirked. "Good guess. I'm a sophomore. Though I'm one of the older students. I didn't start here until later because of reasons..." Fayre cut herself off, not wanting to say much more. The trumpets started to blast, announcing the beginning of the welcoming ceremony. Everyone quieted and settled down in their seats before the head master took his seat.

"Find me after the ceremony in the courtyard. Bye Calico Cat."

Fayre skipped back to the front of the room and sat across from Stefan. She plugged in her headphones, crossed her arms and lay her head on the table. The ceremony wouldn't last too long. The head master would most likely give a brief history of the school, introduce the teachers and go over rules and regulations before serving lunch.

Fayre intended to sleep through the whole thing.

Stefan sat with his back against the table and elbows propped up on it. He was a very handsome young man that attracted all the ladies. He may have looked like your typical tool with big muscles and perfect features but really he was a teddy bear that loved to read and tend to the magical creatures on campus. He sighed. Wanting nothing more than to be anywhere else.

"Welcome to another year at Dimrose!"

After the opening ceremony, Fayre went out into the courtyard to wait for Cal. Stefan decided to stay behind and do some last minute chores.  

Leathered_Saint

Graveyard Master

Hilarious Mage

3,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:00 pm
Before Cal could wish the perfect stranger goodbye, she was gone. Cal gave a weak wave to her new friend. After Fayre's departure, Cal scanned the room once more in search of her brother. However, this time, she could spot the freckled dork. Cal's jaw nearly hit the grown when she spotted Jasper talking with someone, let alone a girl. Before she could intrude, the ceremonies began, and Cal felt pressured to take a seat before she could draw attention to herself.

"Jasper, eh? Why'd you come all the way out here?" Jordi leaned against the stone wall. "Harvard a-and Duke never called me back. Maybe because I-I slept-walked and almost t-torched our backyard." Jasper gave a half-hearted shrug, followed by a sharp chuckle. "I-It's funnier than it sounds." Jasper assured, although the look of disturbance remained on Jordi's face. Once the trumpets began to blast, Jordi leaned over towards Jasper one more time. "Nice meeting ya', Torch. I'll see you around, maybe." Jordi's firm hand reached over to Jasper's limp arm as she gave him a firm handshake and scurried off. Once the fanfare ceased, Jasper took the seat farthest in the back and listened.

Transfiguration, Alchemy, Potions, Charms, Latin? The spells are in LATIN? Pyromancy? No, no. Elemental fraternities? ********, that's a lot of clubs. And rules.This is...this is a lot.

After the nerve-wracking opening ceremony, Jasper felt too jittery to stand. His eyes scanned the room for a potential lifeline. No Jordi. No Cal. Maybe his roommate? No, he didn't even know what he looked like. Jasper remained frozen in his seat as individuals began to leave their seats.

Unlike Jasper, Cal wasn't as afraid of the upcoming challenges. As soon as the presentation ended, she rushed out of the dining hall to meet her new friend. The school's grounds were extensive, but Cal believed that she was growing accustomed to the grand appearance of Dimrose. The courtyard was a breath of fresh air to the Gothic, vintage architecture of the campus. The whispering oak trees and the autumn breeze was a pleasing aesthetic.

"Are you for real?"

Jordi was already exhausted from the intensity of the opening ceremony. Instead of a relaxing afternoon in her dorm, she was greeted with a problem. "Xia, what happened?" Jordi knelt down next to the dead plant. With a sigh, she gently began to stroke the decayed leaves of the plant, which began to shrivel and fall. "I can fix this. Yeah, I can." Jordi reassured herself as she remained close to the deceased plant. Slowly, the color began to return to the bottom of the stem.

Rebelle Loup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:32 pm
Graveyard Master

Fayre was in the courtyard enjoying the fresh air waiting for her new friend to join her. The trees were rustling and the owls were doing their rounds. The new students would be filtering in and out doing tours and joining clubs. Fayre would most likely go back to the Pyromancy club and work towards being the president, but she wanted to try something different. Maybe Cal had an idea of what she wanted to do and they could do it together.

So she waited.

Feeding time was one of Stefan's favorite parts of the day. He enjoyed working and caring for the magical creatures on campus. It was relaxing and at least the animals were better company than most people he knew. Constantly being chased after and held to high expectations could wear a guy out. Just before he got to the stables to care for the unicorns he had to fight off a mob of girls that asked him about what clubs he was interested in this year. He was already a member of the KOF fraternity, or the Kings of Fortune. The fraternity prides themselves on learning and considers knowledge to be a far greater fortune than gold ever would be. You had to have exceptional grades and be above average to even be considered. It was definitely the hardest fraternity to get in. Stefan brushed the mane of one of the unicorns quietly to himself.  

Leathered_Saint

Graveyard Master

Hilarious Mage

3,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:53 pm
Finally, Cal spotted Fayre. "Wow, they really weren't kidding about this place being huge." Cal noted as she peered back over at Fayre. She clicked her tongue and fiddled through her pockets. A pack of cigarettes, thirty-nine cents and a magic marker. Always prepared. "The whole magic thing hasn't really clicked with me yet." Cal admitted. Although Cal left her "bad girl" persona at home, she felt a hint of rebellion flow through her veins.

Anxiety began to settle in as Jasper finally mustered enough courage to rush out of the dining hall. He couldn't even remember where he was going although he didn't seem to care enough to decide. Once he reached the outside world, he gasped for air. Cal called him overly-anxious. Well, that was the nice term for it. Spazz. That's the word. Torch. That's what Jordi called him after his brief confession. He wanted to be upset, but he did refer to a stranger as 'mega-b***h', which seemed to balance out. He continued to frantically wander until he reached the stables. "W-What the..." It's true: He'd never seen a unicorn before. A mortal life was truly boring.

Rebelle Loup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:10 pm
Graveyard Master

"You get use to it after awhile. No matter how huge it may seem, I can't wait to get outside of these walls and see the real world. I don't do well in tight places." Fayre shrugged her shoulders. "It's better then sitting in jail." Her eyes widened when she realized who she was talking to. "Sorry. My mouth runs away with me." She looked at the girl, just now realizing how black her ensemble was. "So what did you think? Any clubs peak your interest?"

Stefan heard the boy and peaked his head out of the stall. "Hey man. You alright?" The unicorns neighed softly and kicked their hooves. A black cat emerged from the hay, stretching and mewing softly at the newcomer.

She pranced over to Jasper and weaved between his legs, howling loudly at him to pet her.

"Hey Stefan, grab that bucket and bring it here?" One of the other's on feeding duty called out to him. Stefan placed the brush back down and picked up the bucket and walked towards the other side where the stable hand waited. "Do you have any questions?" Stefan asked the boy.  

Leathered_Saint

Graveyard Master

Hilarious Mage

3,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:29 pm
"I wasn't huge on extracurriculars. My version of fun is getting black-out drunk, stealing a bike and getting lost in the woods." Cal replied without any thought. She took note of Fayre's focus on her appearance, but shrugged it off. Cal was well aware of her less-than-conventional appearance. "How did you end up here? I mean, most people don't wake up and discover they're capable of magic, right?" Cal asked sheepishly. Although Cal was fairly confident, she was uncomfortable with the topic and wanted to gauge the answer of her new friend.

Jasper snapped out of his daze. "M-Many questions, but I'll keep them s-short." Jasper scratched the back of his head. "I...didn't t-think they existed." he admitted. Just then, Jasper looked down at the cat begging for his attention. He never considered himself a cat person; that was Cal's area of expertise. Still, it was cute. Jasper couldn't help but to kneel down and scratch the top of the cat's head.

Rebelle Loup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:29 pm
Graveyard Master

Fayre belted out a cackle at the other girls' question. "Right you are. I was six years old when I set my bedroom on fire in my sleep. My parents were non-magical beings and didn't understand. They thought I had been conceived by the devil himself. I was sent away and haven't seen them since. Growing up I ran into a lot of trouble. I have a nasty temper and lose control of my powers you see. I spent most of my time in juvy until my powers matured. I'm mostly here on behalf of my probation. If I prove good behavior and that I am not a threat to society, I can walk after my senior year." She realized she lost all regard for not wanting to tell Cal too much. A little too late now. She was a freak, might as well let that flag fly. "Stefan is my best friend. We met my first year. He's the very opposite of me. Calm and collected. It's nice ya know? Having someone that understands what you are going through. We both had a hard time making friends so we found comfort in each other. Opposites really do attract...most of the time." She sighed, shaking her head back and forth making the eyeballs dizzy. She looked at Cal. "Have you discovered your abilities?"

"They are mild-tempered creatures. They come in all shapes, sizes and even colors. They are an endangered species these days. The magic counsel that governs us has people who rescue them and bring them either here or to specific sanctuaries for endangered magical creatures to be cared for. These guys were gifts for our studies, so we treat them very well. The horns aren't just for looks either. They say if you crush the horn of a unicorn into dust and drink it in a tonic you will become immortal. The reason for the unicorns going extinct. The horn is their life force, keeping them immortal. Removal of it means immediate death. Also, disrespecting a unicorn is a high offense, you could be sentenced to death for doing so."  

Leathered_Saint

Graveyard Master

Hilarious Mage

3,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:39 pm
"That's a lot." It was the only thing Cal could say. Fayre's tale reminded her of Jasper. Although Cal felt uncomfortable speaking about her own abilities, she didn't mind leaking Jasper's secrets. Derailing the conversation seemed like the only option in order to avoid speaking about her "ability". "It...reminds me of my brother, Jasper. He goes here too. He slept-walked into our backyard and lit it on fire. It wasn't the first time something like that had happened. Let's just say he doesn't sleep much anymore." Cal admitted quietly before looking back up at Fayre. "But you're okay now, right? You got Stefan. If you want to count me in there too, I'm down." Cal gave a smile. Despite her standoffish appearance and sarcastic demeanor, Cal exhibited a particular warmth.

Jasper was silent for a few moments as he continued to pet the friendly cat. "More t-than what I asked for, but at l-least I'm learning. That's what school is f-for, right?" Jasper replied sarcastically.

Rebelle Loup

~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces