Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[LOG-PRP] Help from an Adult (Uchao x Renahi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:48 pm
Uchao was in a state to say the least, since that happenstance run in with Kiwara he was utterly smitten. He wanted to get to know her, get to show off and impress her....however one thing was holding him back, a big one thing. He had no idea how. He'd spent hours going over how to possibly win her heart, how to impress such a level headed and capable lioness and every time his mind would blow it completely out of proportion and it would - in his headscape atleast - end up in disaster.

So now he just lay there.

A big yellow, white and bronze lump in the shade of Pride Rock playing with a bunch of flowers he'd half-hazardly stuffed into his mane and looking...well...a bit miserable honestly. Tail flipping backwards and forwards as he lay getting his stomach messy with the cool shady dirt as he contemplated and thought. Remaining deep in his own mind as his paws fiddled with the petals in his fur.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:49 pm
Renahi sighed. Where did Mwitu go? Not only did he ditch the cub sitter, he crinkled his black feather the imaginary friend gave him. The charcoal cub tried to flatten the feather against his dark fur, but found it rolling. He needed to get a new one! Maybe he could find that female again someday and request one.

Shaking his head, Renahi needed to find his brother before both would be in trouble. Seeing another nearby, the male approached him. "Uhm...Excuse me. Sir?" He called out, staying in ear shot of the adult. "I am looking for my brother, Mwitu. Have you seen him? He's gold in color and uh...has my dad eyes?" Ren explained.  

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:50 pm
Blinking out of his stupor, the golden male blinked at the tiny charcoal cub that called out to him and felt his heart ache just the tiniest bit, man it would've been nice to have cubs. But with his bum luck he doubted it would ever happen. Shoving himself to his paws he looked the little one over and forced a small smile on his muzzle before moving over and giving a brief eye over the horizon if he could see anything from his height.

"Not seen anybody around here apart from me today, sorry...has he been gone long or...?" His ears flicked slightly, the cub was trying his best bless him but Uchao wasn't sure he knew this one's father. Probably one of those rogues that joined that made the ladies go crazy. Must be the good life.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:51 pm
Ren sighed, shaking his /-head. "Not...too long. He ditched me after hiding my feather," he gestured to the soft black trinket located on a vine around his neck. "Just need to find him before dad gets home. or worse, mom." He said, ears pinning back slightly.

His head tilted after a moment. "I'll find him soon I think." he huffed. "Otherwise I'll just let him get in all the trouble! Can't say I didn't warn him multiple times, but do you think he listens. Nope. Not at all. Brothers." A small snort emitted from Renahi's nose.

Bright blue eyes turned towards the adult. "I'm Renahi, by the way. Pretty rude not to introduce myself first. Dad always told me you should never not tell someone your name, or something like that." Cubs always twisted words adults said normally. "You kind look sad though?" It was one thing Ren caught on when he approached the other. "Did you lose someone too?"  

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:52 pm
Uchao watched the cub and smiled faintly in a sympathetic manner. "Most siblings are like that, wouldn't replace mine for the world though." He briefly eye'd the feather for a moment or two wondering its origins, a vulture perhaps? Nah didn't seem ratty enough for a vulture...what an odd feather. But he'd ask about that later and watched as the little cub told his name and he returned it with his own forced smile. "Uchao, your dad's very wise and must be very polite-"

Oh. He noticed. His ears fell back slightly against his mane and he smiled awkwardly for a few moments. "Heh, not really...lost someone, it's a little complicated Renahi and...involves a lioness I might like." He paused and suddenly looked to the cub. "...Aaaand maybe this probably isn't something I should be telling a cub, no offense."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:53 pm
Renahi made a face when Uchao mentioned that the sadness involved a lioness. "It's okay. You don't have to tell me. I get it. Girls are gross." Yeah, typical boy. He totally missed the fact that Uchao mentioned it was someone he 'liked'. Shaking his head, the male thought.

"Well.. most girls are gross. Ama is okay," that was his pridelander friend who was roughly the same age as him. "Oh, and mom of course." Tapping his head, he thought of the Goddess. "Oh! And my imaginary friend. She has a skull head, and weird bird feet. Plus the tail of a hyena, but that's okay cuz she said not all hyenas were bad! She gave me this! A scouting gift, she called it." Ren puffed with pride at his gift. "So...I guess not everyone is gross..." he corrected.  

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:54 pm
The big golden male chuckled just a bit at the a-typical little boy reaction and rolled his eyes with a small smile. "Boy are you gonna be surprised when you grow up." However Renahi's words about his imaginary friend filled him briefly with a strong sense of worry as he settled down on his belly to meet with the little cub 'eye to eye' or as close as he could manage with him still being understandably bigger.

"Your...imaginary friend sounds interesting...you do still know to keep away from the hyenas on our border though, right?" His brow furrowed in worry. "Friendly or not I'm pretty sure if they're hungry enough they'd make a snack out of you, Renahi."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:55 pm
"She is," the charcoal cub said with a bright smile. It slowly faded as Uchao continued. He shifted on his paws, eyes downcast. "Yeah...I know. Mom and Dad both told me that. I said the same thing to our Imaginary Friend though. Since she is not fully a hyena, she should be okay. Right?" The darker male questioned. "Plus, if I do go near the border Mwitu is with me." Maybe he shouldn't be telling this lion of his adventures sneaking away from an adult. It could somehow get back to his parents, and well that would be the end of that story.  

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:56 pm
Smiling faintly at the hope that his imaginary friend should be okay, it filled the male with a small weak warmth in his heart. "Of course your imaginary friend would be alright...but for now maybe it'd be best you and your brother stay inside the borders, you don't want your mom and dad to be worried right?" This wasn't his cub, but this was a member of the pride and he felt a responsibility to at least be somewhat protective.

"Besides there's enough fun here in the Pridelands right?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:57 pm
"...yes sir..." he agreed to stay in the border. They could practice their scouting in the lands anyways. The question was, could he get Mwitu to agree with it? If the golden male was already ditching him to do whatever he pleased now, the likelihood of his agreeing to not go to

"Um...Sure?" Ren did not know how to answer that. Sure he could find fun within the lands. "I guess there's the waterhole near the den that's fun. Maybe we will just stay around there." It was probably a lie.

"I think I should get going. If I can't find Mwitu, then I need to get home before we both get in trouble!"  

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:58 pm
Uchao saw through the lie, but....he was young, he'd learn, hopefully with all his limbs still intact. When the cub mentioned his brother he blinked and nodded assuredly, enjoying the distraction from his troubled lovey-dovey thoughts at least for now as he lay there watching the charcoal ball of fur. "Good luck, he shouldn't be that hard to spot with all the green grass coming in if he's as golden as you say."

"It was nice to talk to you, Renahi, get home safe."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:58 pm
Nodding, Ren grinned. "Thank you. I hope he's not too hard to find either...oh well." Giving the adult sheepish grin, he waved goodbye. "See you around!"

The charcoal male took off, intent of finding his golden brother before heading home. Since he wasn't near Pride rock, that left the question, where was he at?

(Fin)  

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers