Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aoife was feeling a little bit....too stressed lately. She was doing her best to not let her distrust of Vitha drive her towards hatred, but she was getting very close to it. Aoife was a social butterfly, always happy and helpful to anyone that needed it. She felt like Vitha was the opposite, and the little shouting match they got into a couple months ago still made the creamy lioness flush with shame. How could she let herself lose her composure like that?

So, she decided to search out her mother. Perhaps she could offer some advice....but a large part of Aoife just wanted to lean on her mother, like she was a cub again. Being an adult was exciting and full of potential, but it was also a bit overwhelming. Sometimes she envied the cubs, scurrying around with only friendships and play being in the forefront of their minds.

Minds.....Tau came to mind the moment she thought of cubs. She knew that the young king seemed fond of her, but Aoife wasn't sure how she felt about anything, except knowing that Vitha was just wrong about everything. She felt her stomach flip a bit, and tried her best to push her thoughts aside while on the lookout for her mother. The last thing she wanted to do was burst into tears when she saw Otea; she would prefer to just greet her mother with a warm smile.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:21 pm
Safaia

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Otea had just come from JB's home after watching the eight children. They were not so little anymore, the lioness mused. The boys had just started growing tidbits of what would be their manes, and the girls were growing lankier, soon they would be groomed to be perfect little huntresses.

The older lioness walked through the paths of the pride, heading home. Her mind drifted to her parents, expecting (or perhaps they had already had them) the newest litter of cubs. She frowned. She did miss seeing the young ones roam around the den, and even contemplated having cubs again in the future. Right now, with what she heard from the council member, it probably wasn't the best idea. Nonetheless, she'd get her cub fill when she would visit her parents.

Her blue eyes scanned the terrain, noticing a familiar form before her. Otea liked to think she was close to all her children, even if she didn't see them on a daily or weekly basis. They were all adults, and could do with their lives as they wished. But it never failed to put a smile on her face when she saw one.

"Aoife?" She called out, approaching her daughter from her first litter.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:07 pm
Aoife's ears felt like they were burning when she heard her name. Was it wishful thinking, or what she just imagining things? She swiveled her head around, her bright blue eyes meeting her match in her mother's. It only took a moment before tears welled up in her eyes.

"Mother!" she said with a choked down sob, feeling stupid and childish to have such a reaction. She was tired, and the only thing she really wanted was to hide in her mother's side for the rest of the day.

"Oh mother. How did you seem to know I was looking for you?" Aoife said as calmly as she could as she quickly shortened the distance between them. Her voice cracked, but she gave up on hiding the tears; those were letting themselves fall freely at this point. Aoife threw herself to her mother's side, never feeling ashamed to draw comfort from this close contact.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:48 am
Safaia

Blue eyes watched Aoife's reaction. A look of concern was evident on the normal happy-go-lucky female's face. Her smile twisted upside down to a grown as her daughter approached her.

"Call it a mother's intuition?" Otea joked lightly, cracking a new smile, still curious at her daughter's little outburst. It was hard to see her child in such a state, no matter how old they had gotten. As she threw herself into Otea, the older adult found herself nuzzling Aoife, licker the top of her head in comfort.

"What's wrong?" She asked. That was the thing about being a mother. You never stopped being one. Aoife needed her, and although Otea was interested in here what was going on in her pale daughter's life, figuring out what was bothering her at this very minute was needed more.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:51 pm
Aoife instantly felt herself relax when her mother began grooming the top of her head. It gave her...a deeper sense of safety, like her mother could fix any of her problems with just an ear and smart words. It was a bit foolish, as Aoife wasn't that young and naive anymore....but she wanted to believe in her instincts, as her stupid rival so claimed to do. Perhaps that would be better than to lean on her visions so much.

"I know its not everyone, but why does it feel like everyone is so stupid here?" the cream lion whined, her tail twitching in frustration as she continued to lean into her mother. "I can get some lions to listen to me, but they're all listening to her as well." Aoife voice cut venomously, not even really wanted to say her name, but the seer wasn't sure how much her mother knew, either.

"I just want....I want life to be the same, quiet, dull, happy life it is here. Why does it feel like its changing?"

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:28 am
Safaia

Otea paused, blinking at the abrupt statement. She continued to groom her daughter, listening, processing her words before she decided to speak.

"What do you mean, Aoife?" She stopped her grooming to straighten up, looking her daughter in the eyes. "Who is her?" Otea was at a bit of a loss with the words. She needed to rewind the situation. Maybe Soren had spoken with his sister more recently and knew the situation at hand?

"That's just life, dear. It's always changing. What was the norm for you growing up wasn't the same for me. Just like what was the norm for me, wasn't the same as your grandparents. Sometimes it is a quick change, other times it is gradual, so you don't notice it as much."

"Change isn't easy though." Otea added, frowning slightly.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:49 pm
Aoife's eyes clouded a bit as she willed herself to now allow the hatred to consume her. There was something about that lioness that screamed wrong, but the dark cream coloured lioness could not figure it out, even in her visions.

She absorbed everything her mother was telling her, and letting the wise words settle in her mind. It was true, change was inevitable. But for her, the change that appeared to push forward wasn't a good one.

"Mother..." she began carefully, looking at the eyes that mirrored her own. "How much have you heard of....this supposed cult that is trying to sink its claws into the Pridelands?" Aoife didn't want to paint a horrible picture if somehow...her mother was agreeing with their ideas...but she also wouldn't know what to do if her mother did side with them.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:55 pm
Safaia

Otea found her ears perking forward as her daughter spoke to her. The frown she previously had was increasing as Aoife's words.

Cult? She hadn't really heard much about a cult. The conversations she had with both Soren and Hari only mentioned a death, nothing truly about a cult. "I can't say I have heard much." She stated, honestly. "But..." she paused, thinking. "Your brother has been acting a bit strange. Kanoro." While Otea normally spent the majority of the time with her eldest son, with him on council duties, she was finding company with one of her sons from her second litter. Though, he had been acting differently lately.

With the news from Hari and now this cult thing Aoife spoke of, she wonder if that what was causing him to be different.

"What is this cult trying to do?" Otea finally asked, giving her daughter a concerning look.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:20 pm
She eased at it seemed like it wasn't something that her mother knew much about it. In Aoife's mind, that meant that she was safe, protected, and hadn't yet been approached by any of that crazy group.

"I wish I understood it," the pale lioness sighed. "I believe that they're trying to created discord, to rattle our lives and see just what it is they can get away with. Life is so quiet here, why did they think they should ruin it?"

"And...I hope he's ok. I hope he's staying out of it. I cannot see any good coming for this cult, even if they don't consider themselves a cult. It still feels...wrong." She signed again, letting the tide of her emotions begin to ebb. Things would get better....slowly. She knew it.

"Do you think he would listen to me if I talked to him about it....if he's listening to someone from this cult....I'm worried."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 am
Safaia

Otea nodded, listening as her daughter spoke. "Some aren't happy with the way of life how it can be. So they think they can change it, by doing things to cause chaos. I feel it was bound to happen eventually in this pride, although I hate to admit it." The pale lioness said with a small sigh.

"There's enough crazy out in the world. It's a shame others thought they had to disrupt the lives of other just to get a reaction." Otea had lived part of her younger life in the rogue lands before she returned home for good.

"You can try," Otea stated. "But you know him, he can be pretty hard headed listening to family sometimes." The lioness found herself sighing, shaking her head. "I worry too. I wish you all," she started, in reference to all her cubs, "could be coddled forever. That would make me one very happy mother." She purred, leaning in to nuzzle Aoife.

"If you do talk to him though, let me know what his thoughts are, since he won't talk to me much about it."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:22 pm
"I'm glad you....seem to help me understand this," she replied quietly. She didn't like it, but she knew that her mother knew more than she did, visions or not. The future was hazy, and at times not true. Was it really ok for Aoife to assume that she knew everything due to her visions? Perhaps not, but it was hard to ignore what she saw, or the lack of what she saw.

"I will talk to him. It cannot hurt to try." She returned the nuzzle, feeling warmth in her heart that had been absent for a time.

"I will report back if I have any success. I promise." For now, she just wanted to enjoy her mother's comfort.

KasaiLoki
(Fin)

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces