Reply Historical & Archived Events
=>[BOOTH] Sofishtication (OPEN, D7) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yamashii

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:59 pm
A wish was a powerful thing. Amonee had heard before to be careful with wishes. You never knew which ones would come true. You never knew which ones you'd regret. He picked up the paper and creased its shape to keep the fish crisp. He'd always found those warnings uncomfortable.

Better to have a plethora of wishes than to want nothing out of fear.

He took a long time on his wish, carefully writing each letter in a fancy calligraphy script. Amonee wanted to treat this wish with all the respect and affection he could. Hopefully the more love he put into it, the more like it was to become reality. It was jam packed with tiny letters to fit a ton of words in. He had a very specific wish for a beautiful future in mind. Tying a string around it, he added it to the pergola as instructed and smiled at the blueblooded girl running the booth.

"These are a really sweet idea, Demari. I hope they all come true. Including yours." He gave her a wave before heading off back into the crowd, his heart significantly brighter.

The Dream that You Wish
Will Come True: Someday I want to wake up next to my flushmate with sunlight streaming through the windows on my garden of houseplants. We'll brew a fresh pot of coffee and water the plants before wandering off on a day trip exploration with our dearest palemates and the picnic basket they've packed for us. Together, we'll fall asleep under the stars.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:23 am
rollover!
day two winners

screamingshark
highest score - many moai (more) treasures await you! come again!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ImaginationsParadise
lowest score - you can do it! don't give up!

Yamashii
very sweet and sincere wish! may it come true!

Doutei

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 100-sided dice: 49 Total: 49 (1-100)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:57 am
This Time For Reel!
Prize Number: 49

Gnash returned to the fishy booth, still unsure what to do if she caught another fish. Maybe she could give it to someone, instead of feeding it to her lusus. As the seadweller pulled up today's fishing pole, she got a little toy submarine. "Oh look at the small toy it would be a suitable size for a very small army and it is just so small and cute," she said brightly, holding it up. She liked this!

Micillia rolled 1 100-sided dice: 71 Total: 71 (1-100)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:29 am
This Time For Reel!
Prize Number: 71
71-80: glittering necklace or ring

Avvisi had spent day two of bloodfest goofing off. It was a bad decision, she had work to do! She couldn't let Frossa and silly codes distract her. There was work to do. The tealblood came to the booth camera in one hand, hope book in the other, and her usual sparkling smile. Ah, fishing. Well, she had to try it before she wrote anything, so that's exactly what she did.

Fishing never seemed like a thing to the tealblood reporter, but when she pulled up a dazzling ring, she gave the sport another thought.

"Excuse me," Avvisi said as she approached the booth owner. Ah, the blueblood girl from the ghost ritual. The somewhat ditsy one. Amazing fashion sense tho. "Hello, I'm from the ANBS, and I'm running an article on all the bloodfest booths. Could u get a word from the wonderfully dressed booth owner?" Avvisi winked. She could go shopping with this troll. Or fishing, but only if the pond was stocked with more jewelry.

Doutei
If ur intrested smile

Micillia

Dapper Duck

ImaginationsParadise rolled 1 100-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-100)

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:32 am
This Time For Reel!
Prize Number: 19

Cynril wanted to spend more time with Byakko during bloodfest and fishing seemed like the right and safe thing to do with her. Any other dangerous ideas? He'd do them in the swamp and try not to get caught. Right now he was going to show the older mutant that he had finally learned how to fish. After all, all he had to do was put a hook on a line, sit down, wait for a fish to bite and CAPTURE IT.

Easy as pie right?

Apparently not. Once he pulled out his line, the mutant pouted. "T-this is not supposed to happen... What did I do wrong?" He was feeling frustrated with himself. Hadn't he learnt anything?

melona-pan
:33333333

nepsah rolled 1 100-sided dice: 82 Total: 82 (1-100)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:51 am
This Time For Reel!
Prize Number: 82- ship in a bottle

The ice fishing booth was pretty fun and actually had some neat prizes, so Dei returned for another go at it. This time upon pulling up the line, he'd caught a ship in a bottle. He carefully undid the hook from the prize, taking a moment to examine the ship inside closely. It wasn't super often that he found things outside of his normal interests to be so fascinating, but the craftsmanship on this was... well, he didn't really have a word for it, his mind was taking its sweet time slogging through all the words he knew. He'd have to show this one to Cerpin, he'd probably get a kick out of it too. It wasn't a space ship, but hey, a ship was a ship.

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:04 am
The Dream that You Wish
Will Come True: Clarity of mind and purpose, to not be so caught up in the negative what-ifs that I can't focus on my now and the potential positives of the future.

Apibom hadn't seen this booth before- which was a shame! The set up was really cute. They gravitated to the wish station, naturally. The concept was endearing and the suggestion that it might actually work was... well, Api was the sort to try everything at least once, so this couldn't hurt could it? They picked out a fish, taking their time to decorate it while they thought over what they wanted to wish for. What did they want? It had to be sincere, because if a wish was going to work it had to be something that had energy behind it, right? You get back what you put into the world, or something like that.

There were a lot of things they wanted in life, but ultimately... clarity was what they needed the most. Too often their mind raced with negative possibilities, too often they found themself taking on too much just to keep themself too busy to think too hard about the future. They needed to clear their mind and not be so boggled down all the time, maybe that would help with their frequent mood drops?

melona-pan rolled 1 100-sided dice: 63 Total: 63 (1-100)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:04 am
This Time For Reel!
Prize Number: 63- an actual fish

"Hmm." Byakko cupped her chin in her hand as she studied Cynril's catch. An old can... "Sometimes you're just unlucky. There's a lot of litter out here by the cities."

"Let me see." Plucking Cynril's rod from his hands, she spun it around in her hands and inspected it. It was a nice rod; quality made. Byakko, however, was a simpler creature.

She tossed the rod aside.

"Here, I'll show you how my lusus taught me to fish..."

She crouched down, propping herself over the hole cut into the ice with one palm. The other hoovered in the air, fingertips twitching. Byakko stared into the dark, churning waters. She froze completely still for a few minutes, eyes narrowed like a predatory animal.

Then, without warning, she plummeted her free arm into the icy water.

When she straightened up, she revealed a shimmering fish. "Fancy equipment is nice and all, but knowing what you're looking for is even better. You just need to wait for movement in the water that's not from the current."

ImaginationsParadise

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

screamingshark rolled 1 100-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-100)

screamingshark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:32 pm
This Time For Reel!
Prize Number: 5 - discarded shoe

After yesterday's intense treasure chest, Knetic felt that ice fishing was worth a second try! He casts the line and lets himself ponder what glorious treasures he'll discover this time around when the line snags!

Oh this one feels much lighter! He wonders what it will- ...it's a shoe?

Well then! You can't win them all he supposes!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:06 am
Kwelin had never given much thought to wishes before.

The idea that wishing on a star or a piece of paper had always seemed silly to him. But the more friends he made, the more his mind expanded. He had to be open to new ideas at least a little. He paused by the wish station and took his time selecting a fish. This was because he was embarrassed and still unsure if he was actually doing this or not. It was such an illogical way to hope for things.

And yet, Pawpa did it all the time.

"Ugh... no one's going to know. Just try it." He grumbled to himself, snatching up a fish at last and grabbing a pen. Kwelin began to scribble his wish along the paper, crossing it out each time he decided it was too stupid or too foolish of a wish. This was harder than he thought and he felt more and more vulnerable the more he tried. What if someone looked at his and saw? No, don't think about it.

The Dream that You Wish
Will Come True: to know if my friends really like me xxx what do people really think of me? xxx to be a good partner xxx nothing bad to happen to pawpa xxx to never chase victories, only truths

Yamashii

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:12 am
rollover!
day three winners

nepsah
highest score - from sealed gerbil clothes to ships in bottles! perhaps you can combine the two?! (also apibom's wish was so good! loved it!)

screamingshark
lowest score - better luck next time! maybe tomorrow you'll find the missing pair!

Yamashii
may all of them come true (and many more! that was super cute)

nepsah rolled 1 100-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-100)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:49 am
This Time For Reel!
Prize Number: 12 - soda can

The fishing pool hadn't let him down so far. Deimos returned to see what else he could fish up, seeing as both items had been pretty useful. At least in theory. This time when he cast his line, he wasn't sure he even had something when he pulled it back up.

Oh.

It... was a soda can. Did it even have soda in it? Frowning, he pulled it off the line and looked it over. It seemed sealed still - alright, this wasn't totally useless. But Deimos didn't drink caffeine. Another thing to gift to a friend, or something.

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 100-sided dice: 40 Total: 40 (1-100)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:11 am
This Time For Reel!
Prize Number: 40

Natash returned to the fishy booth to try and get something good! Maybe if she found another fish she could figure out what to do with it instead of just dropping it when she didn't know what to do.

When she pulled up her line, she had a cute keychain! Gnash smiled and put it in her mouth, chewing thoughtfully. It was good.

Micillia rolled 1 100-sided dice: 35 Total: 35 (1-100)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:56 am
This Time For Reel!
Prize Number: 35, key chain
It was while she was fishing that it came to mind. Watching the water splash along the edges of the pool, how when a drop falls in it makes this ring of ripples that go on and on. One drop, it didn't even have to be big, could travel such distances. It hit close to home... Selune gave the wish fish a glance. Maybe today she really would wish.

The Dream that You Wish
Will Come True:
Like the ripples, Selune wanted to go far. She liked the simple games she played in the swamp, the peaceful times with Kerras in the forest, the weird adventures she happened to get roped into with Quella.

It was all beautiful, but it was simple. She wanted her small drop, the little drop that was her in a sea of all the trolls in history, to make a ripple. It didn't have to be a bigger one. Just one that meant she had lived, and not died as one of the many, but as someone to remember.  

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Yamashii rolled 1 100-sided dice: 83 Total: 83 (1-100)

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:27 pm
This Time For Reel!
Prize Number: 83

Amonee took a seat at the ice fishing game. It had been very cute to win a ring the last time he'd played and he was hoping for a repeat of that. Rolling his sleeves up, the jadeblood set to work. He still wasn't confident at fishing but it was just a game at least! And maybe he'd win another cute little trinket like some jewelry or a pretty seashell. It wasn't long before he snagged onto something.

"Oh my goodness, a ship in a bottle?!" He gasped as his prize surfaced. It took a lot of work to make one of these! "Did you make this yourself?" Cradling it carefully in his arms, he admired all the detail that had gone into it. Immediately he knew where it was going. Right on top of the fireplace back home so he could daydream about it as he brewed up a new pot on shift. Err... wait, that was the cafe. Hmm.

"It's beautiful. You've put a lot of love into all of this, haven't you? It really shows." Amonee praised Demari with a sincere glow in his eyes. It was important to encourage other craft lovers and artists. He was always looking for more to learn from or watch for. Someday, he was going to turn his home into an art gallery and he wanted to fill it with pieces from artists and friends he knew!

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff