Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] Let Me Assure You... (Vitha x Konoro)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The stars were bright tonight. Vitha was lounging along a watering hole, leaning against a rock that still held a bit of heat from the day's sunlight. It had been a fruitless day of recruiting, but at least she didn't have insults hurled at her like other days. Her red eyes glanced upwards towards the moon, tracing its crescent shape as she sighed. "Another day, another loss. What is to come if we cannot appease that which would harm us?"

Her paws traced the same crescent shape into the dirt before her, twigs and bits of dead, dried grass obscuring the view of her drawing. She could still remember bits and pieces of the night that foul creature that attempted to harm her, to threaten her homeland. It didn't ask for an offering, but in old stories they always seemed to work. What was the harm in offering respect, in placing meals at the border to keep it satiated?

None. And so she wouldn't let one fruitless day ruin the task before her.

"Tomorrow is another day. I will make them see..."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:21 am
User Image

Kanoro had been less than successful at finding out information from the councilors such as the skittish brown lioness, or his own half brother. Even his mother was pretty tight-lipped, though he wasn't sure if that was because she truly didn't know, or if she was told to keep things quiet by her precious Soren.

Whatever the reason, Kanoro would make it his mission to find out more. It was just...finding the correct feline that would assist him in that.

The lion glanced up at the stars, shaking his head as they twinkled. His eyes narrowed. The shimmer and dance was like they were mocking him. He raised a lip, but it dropped quickly as he heard a female nearby speak.

I will make them see... He listened, an ear flicking towards the bearer of the voice. His gaze shortly followed, spotting the dark female. While he was sure he had seen the female around the pride before, her name did not instantly come to mind.

"Make who see?" Kanoro asked, his raspy voice filling the otherwise quiet night.

Safaia

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:56 pm
Ah. Someone overheard her? She was used to being ignored, so she took a long look at the lion that turned to her before offered a polite if quick shrug.

"Those that are willing to listen," she answered quietly. "Though....the fact that you are willing to talk to me makes me wonder how you do not already know who I am." She knew that the blasted Aoife was still speaking against her, although she hadn't been able to turn the King completely against her yet.

"I am Vitha," she answered quietly. "I am here to help make sure that the Pridelands stay safe, and to see that ignoring danger only encourages it to come play within our borders. Some listen, and even fewer believe. Have you...heard of me?"

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:25 am
Safaia

Kanoro's red eyes narrowed as the other spoke.

"I can't say your name has come across my ears before, but perhaps you are the one that I have been advised to stay away from." The lion concluded by the description the female gave. "Lucky for you, those who tell me such I tend to take with a grain of salt. I rather listen to my own self, and do not need to have other's persuade me who I should and shouldn't talk to."

"It seems like that is the trend the last few days. Keeping the Pridelands safe that is," Kanoro said almost boredly. Where was the excitement when everything was sunshine and rainbows? "I am Kanoro," he bowed his head slightly in introduction. Now that pleasantries were out of the way.

"What is IT?" Whatever Vitha was referring to was what he could not get out of his tight-lipped brother, nor his mother. "Perhaps I can be of assistance to help you with your goal."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:35 pm
"Many fear what they do not understand," she replied quietly. He seemed interested, and yet was acting as if he wasn't. Or...it was a bit hard to read him, so she had a feeling this conversation could get a bit interesting.

"Safety is something assumed here, though I fear that is a fatal flaw in ours ways. It is....a fearsome creature, something that seems out of a legend. Dark, black, I had the sensation of flames..." It surely wanted horrible things, that she was certain of.

"Though it is not the most direct method, appeasing the unknown to keep it away has done us well so far," she added on. "Perhaps it is a culmination of negativity, made real." She studied his face careful, trying to see if she could gain traction in what he was thinking.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:20 pm
Safaia

"Some assume fear means to forget everything and run. What if we can twist that around, make it so fear actually means face everything and rise? But, then again it seems like there are not many here who want to follow their own whims, and would rather follow a crowd. No wonder they wouldn't understand." Kanoro felt himself shrugging slightly.

A fearsome creature of out legend? Dark, black, sensation of flames? Kanoro kept a neutral face as the other described 'It', listening, although he did nothing to acknowledge an understanding.

"And...I assume you have been appeasing it? Or is it a collection of lions that have done so?" Kanoro finally asked. "What is the exact offering that this creature of legend is taking?" The Pridelands did not have traditions that he knew of regarding sacrifices to keep the lands safe. Unless this was something that was done in private, away from the news of the members, once again blanketing everyone from the reality of the world.

Maybe Kanoro's mind was opening a bit more. What sort of dark secrets did the Pridelands hold, if any?  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:01 pm
"Many would rather seek blindness than to face the truth," Vitha remarked. He was more attuned to things that she had initially given him credit for, and rebuked herself mentally. She needed to keep her mind, and her heart, open to everyone if she wanted to really listen.

"I have," she agreed. "As have followers of mine. We make offerings on the border, offer up praise and prayers. Appeasement of its ego, in hopes that it turns a blind eye into returning." She did not like to speak in depth of what happened that night. A large chunk of her memory was missing from that night, but what she did remember was haunting. She could describe the creature as best she could, but to go in detail was too hurtful for her heart to explore once again.

"Vanity knows no bounds, for as long as I have walked this earth. To soothe the ego is our goal. To protect our home."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:30 pm
Safaia

"Also very true." Kanoro found himself agreeing to her comment, the frown ever evident on his face.

Followers of her? The brown pelted male found her words intriguing. He must have lived under a rock, or a very sheltered life to not be aware that multiple lions were part of this. Sure the Pridelands was big, but how could something like this be completely missed?

"And...is it working? Or is there some correlation with this creature and the missing lions on the border? If so, it seems this creature may not be too happy with these 'appeasements' so to speak, no? Does it want more?" Kanoro pressed. He finally seemed to be getting somewhere that his brother or mother would not try to speak of. Did they know about this? Was this what they were so hush, hush about?  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:58 pm
"Missing lions?" Vitha echoed before she shook her head. "No." She was certain of it, and kept her chin strong as she looked him in the eye. "There are many dangers in this life, but this unfortunate situation is not connected. I have seen no trace of anything, though if one was presented to me..." she thought for a moment.

"Well, I am not above taking things into consideration. I will listen to all; and do what I can to help everyone. I don't have as many eyes on the border as I wished, but those that believe with me, and help me, are doing what they can to make sure it is indeed appeased. So far, we are safe. I intend to keep it that way, but it is only possible if I can get help."

It was why she was still recruiting, still doing what she could for her plan. She wanted the Pridelands safe, and believed it with all her heart.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:55 am
Safaia

Kanoro clicked his tongue as Vitha seemed to deny the link between the two. He nodded however, dropping the subject of the two. His gaze didn't falter when her own crimson orbs met his.

But, his ears perked as she said she didn't have as many eyes on the border. "Well, perhaps then I can be of assistance there. I do enjoy staying close to the pride lines." He said with a small smirk. "Are you just looking for some scouting on the borders?" Kanoro asked. "I feel like I have some more free time now in my schedule that perhaps could be of more use to you. After all, we need to keep our home safe, do we not?" The male asked with a quirked eyebrow.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:22 pm
"The border is always open," Vitha replied cautiously. "So yes, it is the first place of defense for us. I would appreciate your work, should you chose to do so. Just report back if you see anything odd. I really just...want everyone to be safe."

She took a deep breathe, reminding herself that above all else, she needed to stay calm and collected. "I would appreciate any work you would offer....but I would need a name to call you by. My mate, Mkate, has been helping me organize the help, but I would need to let him know to keep an eye out for you, sir."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:56 pm
Safaia
fin?

Oh, had he not introduced himself? How silly of him.

Kanoro's eyes lit up as she had inquired his name. "Call me Kanoro." He said with a smirk. "Anything I find, I will make sure I report back to you...or this...Mkate," if the two of them were together, then he could share that information of whatever he found, right?

The chocolate male shrugged his shoulders forward, bowing his head in respect before turning away from the darker female. "Any news I find I will be sure to relay," he repeated, before excusing himself. If he couldn't get answers from his family, well he was sure going to find answers another way. Vitha seemed to the best choice.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces