Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It wasn't that Tau was afraid. No. It was more like...he wasn't sure about what to do with this cult business. So he did his best to just avoid it. Best for the council to handle it, and his grandfather Simi would do a better job than him, anyway.

He walked slowly down Pride Rock, trying to keep his mind focused and clear. When he was younger, he was good about his rounds, of making sure he connected with the members of his pride. But as he grew older and a bit more unsure of himself, he had begun to tuck himself away in the symbol of the Pridelands. He would only emerge to walk with his grandfather, to make sure he didn't take a tumble or get himself too far going in one direction to not have the energy to make it home.

It was always easier, having him by his side.

But the tone had shifted, and Tau was starting to realize just how much he had shirked his duties. And so, even with his ears tucked to his skull, he was trying. He just didn't quite realize that a king wasn't supposed to try, but do.

Down he went, down to the trees, were there were quite a few lions gathered around. Chatting about the dry weather, the health of the wildebeest herds, or if anyone had cubs. A few eyes turned to him, and he waited to see if anyone would bother approaching him.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:41 am
Safaia

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Itri was still pretty new to the pridelands, he had joined to be with a pretty female he had met but he hadn't seen her lately and that was a little bit depressing but there wasn't much he could do about it till he found her again. He had never met Tau before but he had heard about the young king and even if he hadn't he would have noticed the way the others around him reacted to Tau as he entered the gathering space. Itri had been listening to the others talking over the dry weather, the movements of the herds.

The herd movements directly affected Itri since he was a hunter for the pride which was an important and necessary job, sometimes dangerous if you weren't careful. More importantly, though the rumors he had heard floating around the pride, for all he knew something had happened to Bembe and that was why he couldn't find her lately. He went up to the king and said. "Greetings I am Itri a new member of your pride." He stopped there. He couldn't exactly blurt out hey do you know if your pride is a murder ground and have you seen the female I was courting? Did your pride get her killed? Are that mother and daughter the rumors speak of dead?

There were so many thoughts swirling in Itri's head none of which he could just blurt out with half the pride stand or laying behind him, he knew nothing of Tau or his skills as king. He could only hope Tau was a good king and would work to make the pridelands safe for everyone he cared about. If he didn't that was another problem and not one for Itri a simple hunter to solve. He wasn't sure whose job it was to fix a king but it wasn't his.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:47 pm
It didn't take too long for someone to approach him. Tau wasn't sure if he felt thankful or frustrated....sometimes he appreciated the fact that his status meant that he wasn't interrupted to much. It was a selfish thought, and one that he was trying to work through.

"Ah, hello Itri." Tau's violet eyes scanned the lions' strange markings, pulling into his memory to see if they would give him a hint of a family he belonged to. Nothing seemed familiar, and he did say he was newer....

"What...brought you to the Pridelands?" Tau asked with a slight gulp, hoping that the conversation would stay pleasant. Though he was born in different lands, he had been sent here not too long after he was weaned, and always dreamed of what life may be like outside of the borders. Thankfully, ex-rogues could always share what they knew of their previous lives as wanderers.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:42 am
Safaia

Itri chuckled thinking of the female he had been chasing but had not seen in a great deal of time. "I had been chasing a female and I sought to marry her, but I have not been able to find her lately." His face clouded with worry since the events of late and the rumors going around the pride of death and missing lions. He worried that Bembe had been taken or killed. "The pride I was born into was lost, I do not know what became of them." He said softly "So do you know anything of the rumors that have been going around the pride?" Itri asked his tone casual, but his desire to know if the rumors were true was serious.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Chasing...a female? Tau wasn't sure if this was a good thing or not, but at least if Itri was still keeping his eyes open, perhaps it was something that would work itself out in the end. He himself had a lioness he fancied, but he wasn't brave enough to really pursue her, unlike this fellow before him.

"I'm sorry to hear about your homelands," Tau replied, shaking his head. "I know that has happened to a few old prides I have heard about, though I can assure you nothing ill will happen here." He hoped that perhaps that made a bit of sense with the brightly coloured male's question, though it would be interesting to see if he pursue it further. Tau had been trying to take a neutral stance on the cult, and so far it had been going rather well, even if it seemed to anger some of those in the pride.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 am
Safaia

(Snorts laughs giggles and rolls on the floor XD Nothing bad will happen here oh if only you knew Tau )

Itri smiled at Tau and then frowned "I'm sorry your highness but I have heard some rumors that a female was killed on the border and another is missing, that's not really a good thing, though I guess a random occurrence. At least it seemed the pride lands were pretty perfect when I arrived. Are the pride lands safe?" His mind wandered back to Bembe who he had not seen in a long time, she could be hiding from him or avoiding him. It hurt him because he thought she liked him. Then again they had only met the one time on the border and had no other chances to bond. "I only met Bembe the once on the border and she was kind enough to show me around, she could be hiding from me or out hunting I suppose, but I have not seen her in a long time." He sighed and rubbed the back of his head with his paw. He was still a foolish youth sometimes. Chasing after a female he barely knew.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:38 pm
"Unfortunately is it not a rumor," Tau conceded. "It is an unfortunate truth. We've stepped up some patrols, and the scouts are receiving more training. I'm hoping to help bring in some birds to assist as well, but that's been a lot harder to wrangle together..." He had no control over birds, and many of them didn't really seem to care about the safety of lions; only themselves.

"This is a large pride. I'm sure you'll find her again," he nodded. "We boast a large number in our pride; though unfortunate as it may sound, this is a safe pride." But still, he thought....

"Did you want me to send a request to keep an eye out for her, Itri? Our scouts can keep a lookout while they're out on patrols."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:05 am
Safaia

Itri nodded least Tau had a plan and hadn't tried to hide the truth from him it meant a lot to him. "Thanks for being straight with me. If there is anything I can do to help let me know." Itri nodded hoping that Tau was right. He didn't want misfortune to hit the pride. Itri thought a moment "I don't think they should be looking for anyone else besides the missing daughter, I'm sure Bembe is safe, I was likely just to rash and thought we would be a mated pair moments after we met." He laughed at his own youthful foolishness and rubbed the back of his head. "The pride land is pretty great so even if Bembe doesn't want to be my mate I still consider this home." He said warmly  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:25 pm
"Well, I will mention in the next time I meet with some of the head scouts. There is never a priority list; everyone here is important." He hoped that would reassure Itri that they would do what they could, even if it was small.

"I will let you know if you can help. I suppose...just keeping calm and acting normal is the most I could ask for. I think everything will work itself out in due time," the king replied. It was a very diplomatic reply, though perhaps not the more direct one. Indeed, he did not really know how to handle all these issues, so he merely was content with reassuring everyone he spoke with. And he would have some scouts help investigate everything along the border. Hard work would pay off.

"Is there anything else I could help you with, Itri? I hope you do feel safe here, and any hunting you do a success."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:34 pm
Safaia

Itri listened to the king he wished there was a real way he could help, but if there wasn't he would just have to do his job and do what he could with his life. Come what may. He shook his head. "Nope thank you, your highness see ya later."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items