Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] I've got an anxious heart (Aja x Ren)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:57 pm
Kasai
Ren felt....lost. Alone. While he never felt him entirely close to his family, knowing his three siblings were missing just made things hard. Renahi was normally a passive lion, and although they had many fights, they were still his siblings. Mwitu had even left behind the feather given to the two of them from the goddess when they were cubs. Ren wore it around his neck, intending on giving it to Mwitu should he return.

His hopes faded on a daily basis of that happening.

Ren lay near the borders. His blue eyes seem to shine brighter being surrounded by the dark chocolate markings. He sighed, watching the borders, hoping a familiar gold or charcoal pelt would show themselves.

It was a hope that would never come.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:58 pm
Moth
Aja was as pale as the morning clouds before the sun kissed them with light, her eyes two different colors, one gifted to her from her mother while the other was a reminder of her father. The duality in her was an aching thing, she came from two conflicting worlds after all. Her father was a royal Outlander while her mother was a huntress in the Pridelands before she passed away. The lioness wished she had gotten to know her mother before she died but things didn't turn out that way, fate was a cruel and uncontrollable thing. Aja and her twin brother grew up in the shadow of Tahka's expectations, while being subjected to ridicule from being born from an affair. She was never given much of a chance to shine, not under her father's rule.

So when Aja was old enough she ran away, never to return to her home or namesake, the lioness even left her twin brother behind. He refusal to leave was enough to push her even further from him and in the end she was alone, left to forge a new path in life, one built from the ashes of her history. Aja had made her way to the border of the Pridelands again, she had come to join the pride that her mother grew up in. Maybe this would help her feel some sort of connection to the lioness she longed to know. The shadow her mother's death left behind was enough to swallow her whole, so she was desperate to find a cure.

But could she find a cure for her emptiness? The lioness sighed as she moved herself to stand beneath a tree. The world around her seemed to be falling apart, chaos felt like second nature. Not even the Pridelands felt safe from diesters and the wrath of Gods.

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:07 pm
Kasai
Renahi wasn't a good scout. If he was, he probably wouldn't have been moping around, and been a bit more vigilant on who was nearby. Instead, anyone could pass him without acknowledging him and he probably would just let it go.

That seemed to be the case just now. Ren hadn't noticed the lighter figure cross the borders and settle herself under a tree. The charcoal lion rose, seeing as his border stalking for his siblings was no use, and headed in that direction. It was only then his eyes fell upon the female's form.

Renahi was always a quiet lion. Some would call him a pushover. Once again, proving the rank of scout probably wasn't the best suited for him. He stared at her, trying to figure out if he had seen her in the lands before. The Pridelands was a large pride, it was certain he didn't know everyone. However, those of the land still had what Ren always called the 'pridelander scent'.

This female did not.

"New here?" The lion asked softly when he was close enough for her to hear.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:08 pm
Moth
"Ah." Aja felt a little startled as the darker male approached, her eyes heavy with guard. Was he talking to her? She turned to look over her shoulder before realizing that he had walked over to confront her. This was strange... the pale lioness wasn't use to others noticing her when she came through. Aja had always flirted with the idea of coming 'home', but had chickened out many times before due to her guilt in betraying her Outlander family. Still, the flirting never truly came to an end, just a pause while she found herself... learned herself more. Time changed everything.

Her duel colored eyed fixed on his figure as he spoke to her, his question felt harmless at least. He didn't seem like a threat... for now.

"I guess you could say that." The lioness wasn't very good at being dishonest, in truth she knew she was a piss poor liar- so she avoided it like the plague. Bluntly honest to a fault, that was how she lived her life. Sometimes though... it could come back to bite her.

"Sorry, I didn't get your name?" She was aware he hadn't offered it but apart of her felt weird speaking with someone she didn't know, so a name was needed if she was going to continue this conversation. Aja was very particular.

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:33 pm
Kasai
Even if she wasn't good at being dishonest, the lion didn't seem to notice. His mind had been focused elsewhere, therefore her voice came through as slightly muddled in his brain. He shrugged lightly, the feathers around his neck shifting slightly. "I did say that though..." He murmured, blinking.

"Oh. Um." Did he offer it previously and not remember? "It's Renahi," He introduced. "Son of Shujaa and Jami'bintii." He always gave his lineage. It was force of habit when half of the pride seemed to be related to him in some shape or form. "And, your name?" He asked, finding himself take a step closer to the lighter female, taking in her scent as he neared.

"You aren't from around here, are you?" He said with a frown. "It's okay if you aren't. The pride is pretty welcoming towards strangers or those needing a good home. Some lions just don't seem to know that when they live here..." He trailed off, finding himself spiraling and alluding to his own family life.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:36 pm
Moth
She blinked in response to his words, he seemed in a daze. Her eyes narrowed as she moved herself to stand still, facing him fully before speaking again.

"Aja." The female gave her name in return, pondering her own lineage before speaking, this time with a slightly muffled tone.

"Daughter of Tahka." Aja wasn't sure if anyone here even knew of her father, though he was born in the Pridelands it had been in another life time that he lived here, he considered himself nothing but an Outlander, regardless of where he was born. The female flicked her tail from side to side and smirked.

"I am not, though I know my mother was." She wasn't going to give him her whole life story, she simply hoped that he could put the information together himself. Her mother was dead. Saying it still stung.

"I grew up in the Outlands." Again, being dishonest was hard, so Aja would be transparent.

"Are you alright? You seem a little spaced." The question was harmless, even if rude. She couldn't help but focus on his lethargic attitude.

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:03 pm
Kasai
When the lioness started laughing, Ren couldn't help but scoot back. Nothing he thought he said was particularly...funny? Yet there this lioness was, tears streaming down her pale face. He was sure she would find it hard to breathe soon with how hard she seemed to be chuckling.

"I...I don't understand?" Ren's ears flattened against his thick mane, hiding under the brown hair. He was utterly confused, and his facial expressions seemed to say it all.

Then Aja explained. Oh. Well...that was ironic. He found himself with a small smile creeping on his lips. "Well, you certainly have chosen a good place for that. Even if Mwitu, Msako and Anahi don't think so."

The once smile replaced again with a frown. "Oh. Really?" His eyes cast downward, hiding the sadness that was beginning to pour back in them. "I guess it...it is a terrible dream to hope to come true." Renahi was old enough that he didn't need the closeness of his siblings. Yet, they grew up together going on strange adventures (against Ren's will most of the time).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:04 pm
Moth
"You can't let this defeat you." Aja found herself scolding him a little, like a mother would to a cub.

"So, your siblings left. Are you healthy? Able-bodied? Free from illness? You seem perfectly fine outside of your own personal sorrows." She wasn't trying to come off harshly, yet she understood his despair all too well. She too had spent many nights lamenting over the loss of her own family, yet somehow she made it past that phase without losing herself. Maybe the pale lioness wanted that for him as well. Maybe this kindred spirit reminded her of past-self.

In truth she wished that she had someone to tell her this when she was feeling alone in the world. It would have saved her months of tears.

"You are never truly alone, no matter how far they might seem. Your blood is something you cannot ever truly separate yourself from, no matter the distance." As she spoke she nodded, sitting herself down firmly.

"And trust me, I am sure your twin misses you too. Even if you can't feel it." Aja was projecting a little bit, because in the back of her mind she hoped that her own brother missed her as much as she missed him. She gave him a half-smile, speaking a little softer now.

"It don't think it's terrible, but while you dream you should live as well."

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:05 pm
Kasai
Her scolding tone caught his attention. His parents weren't necessarily the discipline type. He couldn't blame them. His mother had gotten the council position when they were young, leaving his father to raise practically eight children on his own.

"Um. Yeah...I guess." He shifted on his feet, his heartbeat speeding up as she spoke. What she said was true, but that didn't mean he still didn't miss them.

"You seem to speak from experience, " Ren started. He still remained a small distance from the other, a sigh escaping his maw. He couldn't help but smirk and hide a chuckle. "I am sure she doesn't. But, I guess that is besides the point." Ana was the aggressive twin against Ren's passiveness.

"And how would you suggest to live, when there is much pain to prevent you from doing so?" Renahi asked. Every day he had come to the borders, lay in mopey lump on the ground, waiting, wanting. It was a hard habit he would have to break.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:24 pm
Moth
She bit her lower lip for a moment while thinking, her mind wandering to some place far away as she got lost in his words. A lot of this did come from a place of understanding, so yes, she was well versed in the art of being alone. Her duel colored eyes narrowed as she tilted her head and spoke to him again, this time her tone was a littler more welcoming.

"I guess you can say that... My brother, Jasiri is a huge a*****e. He only thinks about himself and is always obsessing over things he can't have, yet I miss him from time to time. It's a hard feeling to rid yourself of, I think."

Aja felt a little better talking about it, even if Ren hadn't asked about her twin.

"You... have to figure that out for yourself, you know? I don't think anyone can tell you how to be happy, or at least how to live with feeling sorrow." The pale lioness gazed at him, her eyes settling over his soft face..

"But you don't have to be alone while you figure it out. It's okay to let others in, you know? Not... not everyone is going to leave. I promise you this." Speaking from experience again?

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 pm
Kasai
The lion listened as the lioness spoke of her brother. He sounded a lot like his own siblings, and part of him wondered were siblings all the same? He shook his head, but found himself nodding shortly after. It sure was a hard feeling to rid of, that was for sure.

"Why did I have a feeling you were going to say that," Renahi said with another sigh. "It would just be easier to have someone direct you in how to feel, or how to live." So much easier.

"Thanks. I...I will take your words. When you grow up so...close" close-ish, "it's hard to let anyone in that isn't directly related. And with my family as sparse as it is well..I think you probably can figure it out." the feeling of abandonment was strong, and even stronger now from the dispersal of his siblings.

But they should get back to Aja. "If you are looking to stay here, perhaps I can get you properly introduced and settled?" He may have been a terrible scout, but he could be a better host or guide.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:33 pm
Moth
"I understand that feeling more than you might know." Aja spoke with another light chuckle, shoulders flexing as she cracked them back, shifting her place to get comfortable. Today was interesting, to say the least. She had found someone who was like her in a lot of ways, someone who could understand the pain of being on the outside of family, sitting at opposite ends of your twin. Relationships always felt so complex and maybe that would never change. Life was still a mystery to the lioness, one that she would live with and try to understand with time ad growth. Being here now was... could be the start of a new life for her, a place where she could belong.

"I think I would like that very much, Ren, if I intend to stay I think I should know what I'm getting myself into." Aja would nod as she smiled at him before moving to her paws.

"Shall we?"

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas