Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:57 pm
This is a private role-play between Ikigai (Calixita), Ajax Kincaid (Snowbelle Thundara), Volaille (xKOVAKtheWOLFx), Kodama (Lunadriel) the familiars Hurricane, Skyler, Deaven, and Dragon, versus... Death!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
Before you battle! Read this!
  • Your Soquili's HP is 50
  • Your attack is 1d8
  • You may defend instead of attacking. Roll 1d6 to defend and minus the defense from your attacker's attack.
  • Once per battle you may used a charged attack and roll 3d6
  • A 'turn' is complete when all parties have rolled to perform a task.
  • If you faint in battle, it's okay! Roll 1d6 and if you roll an even number you're back up with 50% health.
  • If you start a new battle, your health starts back at 30.
  • Each beast has stats - read them and react accordingly!
  • The Forgemaster has sent you with some supplies. They reset every day - (12:01am EST) except the whistle which is one time use only!
    xxxx1 x Healing Salve [ Restores health to full ] ( Consumes 1 turn )
    xxxx1 x Blinding Powder [ The beast's attacks will miss ] ( Consumes 1 turn to use / lasts 3 turns)
    xxxx1 x Whistle [ Summons The Forgemaster to deal 20 damage ] ( Consumes 1 turn ) [Does not reset after use!]

Quote:
Death
His true name lost. He has spilled much blood in his time and has taken more lives than one can fathom. His presence is chilling and grips you with fear. He is evil. He is Death.
HP: 100
Attack: 5 per turn
Special attack: Death leeches your life! His attacks restore him each turn.
Reward: 10 gold pieces

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:07 pm
Death: 100 HP
Ikigai: 50 HP
Ajax Kincaid: 50 HP
Volaille: 50 HP
Kodama: 50 HP

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Listen. I know you didn't want any help, but even you have to admit you've bitten off more than you can chew this time." Hurricane fluffed her wings as she shifted on her claws, eyeing the place where they had just run from. "I'm not saying you're weak, but that thing -- Death, the Forgemaster called it -- it's not something you and I can take on alone."

They had backed away at the first sight of the beast, a shudder of fear coursing through her body. Ikigai wanted to prove to her over-protective fathers -- especially her papa -- that she was strong enough to take part in The Order of Celestial Light's work. So she'd snuck away behind their backs at the first rumors of The Forge, hoping to find work that would be challenging enough to prove her strength. It would pay, too, but Ikigai wasn't very interested in the coins. "I... I know," she sighed, reluctant to agree. She thought she could face anything, but the aurora Death gave off was filled with dread and pure evil. She'd never felt anything like it before. It was true -- they needed help. But she couldn't go ask her fathers -- they would just make her stay home instead of letting her help. No, she'd have to find someone else.

"Hey. Who's that? It looks like they're heading towards Death." Hurricane nodded her head in the direction of another soquili. "We ought to warn 'em. Or maybe they intend to fight, too?"

Ikigai perked up at the thought. Yeah, surely there would be others taking the Forgemaster's jobs! If they fought Death together, they'd outnumber him for sure! She began trotting over to the stallion, calling out to him: "Hey, you! Be careful if you're going that way. There's a beast lurking about looking for blood. Though, if you're here to hunt him... maybe you'd like to team up?" she asked with a bright, hopeful smile.  

Calixita

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Crew

Trash

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:40 am
Death: 100 / 100 HP
Ikigai: 50 / 50 HP
Ajax Kincaid: 50 / 50 HP
Volaille: 50 / 50 HP
Kodama: 50 / 50 HP

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Volaille was on his way to find Death. It was his only way of redeeming himself to his family, right? His daughters were missing, and so he felt like there was really nothing left for him. "Okay, so here's what we're going to do. You see me? I'll be the one who fights. And you? You will be the one to warn me of any move that is about to happen. We've got to work together, alright Deaven?" He just had to have faith in the raven.

The raven was resting on the stallion's back when everything happened. When they learned about the Forge. The Forgemaster. Death. Sure, Deaven lived off the dead, but he was not ready to die. Not anytime soon. Couldn't Volaille see how stupid he was acting right now? "You will strike by ground, and I will by sky. We are in this together, Volaille." He couldn't believe that he said that. This was actually happening.

Just as Deaven gave his promise, a mare was running into their direction. She began to warn them about the beast that they too, were hunting. "I can't give any promise that we will make it out alive, but I will do my best to make sure that you get out alright," he started. A stallion was to protect a mare, like how he would always protect his lifemate. If only things were better now.

"Either we're really dumb to do this, or we're really dumb..." Deaven muttered before flying over to the heron. "Should we fly up ahead and see if we can spot this monster?"

Volaille was grateful that Deaven started to behave now that they were around company. Female company. But huh? He perked his ears, hearing something in the distance. Someone was there. The stallion concentrated. Someone was just a few yards away. And by the way that his eyes were focusing, it was another Soquili and bird. He sighed. Thank goodness Death wasn't here yet. "Hey you! Death is lurking around any corner! You best look out!" he warned. Only one who was on this specific quest would understand the double meaning of his call.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:56 pm

User Image

"Just wait Skyler, you'll see. We can beat this 'Death' monster. It's what knights do!" Ajax said confidently to his canine partner who just rolled her eyes.

"I honestly think it would be smarter if we were to team up with other Soquili. There is strength in numbers and this "Death" does not sound like one to be trifled with." She says calmly, trotting along side.

Ajax just rolled his eyes and huffed. "I suppose so. You know I hate it when you're right."

Skyler smirked, flipping her hair from her face. "Yeah, I know." She hears a commotion up in the distance and looks ahead, spying two other soquili and their familiars conversing. "Looks like we aren't the only ones with the idea to take on 'death'"

Ajax nods and picks up speed. "Come, let's see if these two have had any luck"

Skyler nods and picks up the pace, running next to Ajax to meet the other Soq.

"Hello there!" Ajax calls out as they get close.  

Snowbelle Thundara

Moonlight Hunter

23,990 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:01 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dragon fluttered and cawed, holding on to Kodama's mane. He was in such a hurry to prove himself to Empress Asterië. Being that he didn't talk, he didn't actually say that out loud. Dragon had lived with Kodama long enough to know his thoughts and emotions, by reading his expressions and his general knowledge of his bonded friend.

Kodama had no fear seeking out Death. Fear has many names to him, but Death is not one of them. Often, he had laid bleeding out for his mother and did not fear death. To him, facing a monster with such a name empowered him. He would not lose against this foe. His namesake told him that this was his calling. Living life as one of the meek, no longer an option for him. His childhood acquaintance had inspired him to do something great with himself. This is exactly where he is meant to be. Right here. He didn't need to go this way or that. This is his life. He intended to live in the moment. So when the Forge Master presented his request, Kodama didn't need to think twice about it.

The two rushed towards the vicinity where they were told Death might await them. Dragon heard someone call out to them. Kodama ignored the voice and continued on. Dragon pleaded with Kodama. "Slow down you silly fool! We have to assess our enemy, and these other gents may have the info we need!" Dragon was more cautious about their ventures off to fight some monster anyways. Death is such an ominous name...

Kodama didn't stop, but he did slow his pace to listen to his friend. He looked over at the others closing in. Kodama raised his shoulders in alarm. When he was sure none of these guys were Death, he relaxed and halted. His tails flicked this way and that, still full of momentum. The cool fire in his eyes blazed back into existence. Running had made the fire go out. Sometimes tears did the same...

Dragon called out to the others "Hello! Are you seeking Death too?" he said with a pause on the word Death. The irony of seeking Death. Not something he ever thought he'd hear himself speak.

((Kodama doesn't speak.))

Calixita

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Ikigai forced a plastic smile to stay on her face at the first stallion's words. Nice, nice, nice. He was just trying to be nice, she thought to herself. She fought back the urge to tell him she was a descendant of Amaterasu, the alpha of her herd. A warrior, just like her dad. Ikigai didn't want to boast just because she was annoyed some stallion thought she needed to be protected. Even as the other two stallions joined him, she wouldn't be surprised if he didn't offer them the same protection. She squeezed her eyes shut for just a moment to shake herself out of her thoughts, and opened them again to focus on the group they had formed. Four soquili, four familiars; three of which could fly. Good, she could work with this. She already had a plan forming in her head, remembering the items the Forgemaster had given them.

Hurricane nodded his head in greeting at the black crow -- and then the others as they filed in. "Good idea. Lets see if we can work out a plan first -- then the three of us fliers can take the sky. That way we all know what we need to do -- if the plan goes smoothly. If not, then..." he trailed off with a shrug. "We'll just have to wing it."

"Yes, I think we're all seeking to fight Death. My name is Ikigai. My familiar is Hurricane. I'm glad we've all run into each other before going to fight it. Together, I think we're enough to take him down." She paused long enough to wait for the others to introduce themselves, nodding politely to each of them, before continuing into her plan.

"The Forgemaster was giving out some supplies to those of us taking on his quests. I propose using the Blinding Powder the second we attack, since we'll have the element of surprise. I can send up Hurricane with mine, and he can drop it on the beast's face. I think that will let us get in the upper hand. What do you say?"

Calixita

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Snowbelle Thundara

Moonlight Hunter

23,990 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:29 pm

User Image

Ajax smiled at the three other soq and their familiars. "I am Ajax Kincaid, and my partner is Skyler. We also seek to find and take down this dastardly Death, before it can cause more damage." He says, a little over-confidently.

Skyler perked up as she jumps and hops up onto Ajax's back. "Pleasure to meet you all."

They nod and listen to Ikigai's recommendation then look to each other. "Seems like a reasonable and good idea to me. The element of surprise should be handy." Ajax states.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:50 pm
Volaille slightly shifted as the group enlarged. Although he was grateful that there was a number of them, he did not know how this would go. Would they all look out for each other? Or would it be a free-for-all for Death?

Deaven listened to Hurricane’s game plan, and sighed. A plan was not something he expected. He was more of a jump into the situation type of guy. But he’d listen. But at least with a plan, they would probably not die.

“I’m Volaille, and this is Deaven. We’ve known one another since my foalhood.” The stallion followed suit, with the introductions.

“Surprises... I like surprises.” Deaven chimed in, before looking at Dragon. “What do you say? Wanna also drop our surprise on Death?”

“I think maybe just one is enough,” Volaille snorted.

(last line since I think we can only use it from one person once in the rp!)  

xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Crew

Trash

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:03 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Considering Kodama had no plan in mind, this turn of events seemed to be in their favor. They could really do this!

Dragon introduced himself with a flutter of his wings. "I am Dragon, and this is my mute friend Kodama." He flitted up to an antler and perched there, picking at Kodama's bangs, to place a stray hair back in place.

Kodama eyed his friend with a smile, then smiled at all those around them and gave a firm nod. As if to say 'let's do this!'. He was glad no one had questioned him as dangerous. Having paws had that effect on other soquili. One couldn't be too safe these days. Walkers were everywhere!

Both he and his bird exchanged a look when the mention of items came about. Dragon sighed and Kodama gave him a sheepish grin. They had not gathered all the items it seems. Kodama had been in such a rush to run off and possibly get himself killed... Dragon only had time to grab the healing salve!

Calixita

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:40 pm
Death: 100 HP (BLINDED)

With a plan in place and some allies in the fight, Ikigai felt much more confident. She worried slightly about Kodama -- what if he needed help and couldn't call for it? -- but she'd trust that his familiar would keep a sharp eye out for him. She would, too -- just in case -- though with his claws and horns, he appeared like he would be capable enough in battle. He and the others had to be, if they had all agreed to come hunting Death. She decided not to mention to anyone that this would be her first real battle -- some sparring didn't really count. As they were all on the same page, she nodded. "Good luck, everyone. Don't let your guard down!" She looked to Hurricane and gave him a nod, too.

Hurricane pulled out the bag Blinding Powder from their satchel, getting it ready to deploy, and looked to the crows. "Ready?" he asked, waiting for them to reply before taking to the air. He led the way toward where he and Ikigai had last seen Death -- and sure enough, he was still lurking about the area. Hurricane circled above, waiting to make sure the soquili were close enough to engage in the fight.

Ikigai followed after the familiars shortly after they took flight, trying to fight back the nerves she could feel starting to creep back in. Death was a formidable sight to behold, and she wasn't looking forward to it -- but she felt as though it was her duty to try and stop him from hurting or killing anyone else. Maybe these other soquili felt the same thing, and they were all here for the same reason. Suddenly she felt a small amount of doubt -- she had no idea who any of these soquili were. She knew nothing about them. Could she trust them? Death didn't seem the type to have allies -- and none of the stallions accompanying her seemed the type to ally with him. No, no -- it would be fine. She was over-thinking things. The Forgemaster would have mentioned it if Death had any allies, surely. He had a Queen -- but that was all.

When Death was within sight, she looked to the stallions and the wolf familiar with her to make sure they were prepared -- and then nodded to Hurricane to let him know they were ready.

"There's the sign!" Hurricane called out to Deaven and Dragon, making sure they knew he was about to drop their weapon. "Let's go in!" He folded his wings up and dived down towards Death, and when the beast looked up, he spread his wings out again to catch the winds and released the bag of Blinding Powder, hitting the stallion in the face. He reared back with an angry roar, shaking his head and blinking his eyes rapidly, trying to get the powder out of his eyes.

"Now's our chance! Attack!"

Death is BLINDED for three turns. His attacks miss, and he cannot heal.

Blinding Powder cannot be used for the rest of this battle.

Calixita

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
Lunadriel rolled 3 8-sided dice: 5, 7, 8 Total: 20 (3-24)

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm
Death: 80 / 100 HP (Blinded for 3 turns.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dragon flanked the crane on the left. This seamed like a good plan. If the 3 of them flew in together, they could catch Death off guard! If he swatted at one of them, perhaps he would miss the blinding concoction. Using these kinds of items was new to Dragon. He had no clue what it was made of, but assumed by the name it would blind the creature you used it on!

As the 3 birds flew in, he watched in what seemed like slow motion, as the powder fell. He held his breath and flapped his wings to slow himself down next to Hurricane and Deaven. He cawed in excitement when it hit its target, then circled away with his flight-mates. His heart took off and adrenaline washed over him as the beast bellowed below them. Wow...this is far more dangerous than he expected! But the thrill was quite a rush. He took a deep breath, to keep his lungs full, and the energy of his wings.

Kodama, of course, rushed in head first. Full speed, he went to go ram the huge beast in the chest as he flailed about from the blinding powder. Kodama had only played at Knights and Dragons, and never really fought a real monster before. But his heart was in it all the same! With a passion and a fire in his paws, he pushed forward as hard as he could.

Kodama uses a charged attack. (Used once per battle, and Kodama cannot use it again.)

Death takes a hit for 20 damage.

Kodama grimaces his teeth, and braces for impact. With his burst of adrenaline, he pushes off the ground with his back paws and plows his antlers, head, and the force of his body into Death's neck as he flails around from the impact of the blinding powder. Kodama collides into him, catching Death off guard at the moment he loses his sight. Everything is a blur, and he barely sees anything else going on around him in his blind rage against the blinded Death.

Death screams with a fury and bone-chilling rage in his voice. Even with the unexpected hit, his stance is firm, and he does not fall. He lashes out at his assailant but does not hit them because of the blinding powder.  
xKOVAKtheWOLFx rolled 1 8-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-8)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 am
Death: 80 / 100 HP (blinded for three rounds)

Deaven nodded, following as Hurricane and Dragon started off. Sure, he was nervous at first, but if the other two birds seemed to be confident, then it was better to fake that he was too. He was to Dragon's right, ready to use his weapon on Death if necessary. A signal was given, and Hurricane dropped the blinding powder onto Death's face. And boy, it was not a nice sight at all. The rush was getting to him, and he was going to start to attack the creature himself, until he remembered the mission. They were a team.

The powder dropped successfully and Volaille gave a trumpet in excitement. He barely even noticed the quiet stallion quickly charge Death. Right! To fight! His impact was not as strong as Kodoma's but the rage was there. Death was firm even from Kodoma, surprisingly. Volaille aims for the chest, striking the beast with his heavy hooves.

Volaille gives Death 7 damage

He steps back, before ramming his head into where he previously just attacked.

Death: 73 / 100 HP (blinded for two rounds)

xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Crew

Trash

Snowbelle Thundara rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Snowbelle Thundara

Moonlight Hunter

23,990 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:05 am

Ajax moves fast, Skylar zipping along side. Ajax hits high while Skylar leaps and bites at Death, ripping in to his nasty flesh. She spits it out after a minute making a gross face.
"Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew"
Ajax kicks hard, rearing up and throwing his forelegs out to strike at the villain.

Voiding this, I rolled the wrong dice ><;  
Snowbelle Thundara rolled 1 8-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-8)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:08 am
Snowbelle Thundara

Ajax moves fast, Skylar zipping along side."Come my friend, let's take out this monster!" Ajax hits high while Skylar leaps and bites at Death, ripping in to his nasty flesh with her sharp teeth. She spits it out after a minute making a gross face.
"Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew" She says before clawing at the thing again.
Ajax kicks hard, rearing up and throwing his forelegs out to strike at the villain.

re roll because I goofed

Ajax + Skylar deal 7 Damage

Death: 66 / 100 HP (blinded for two rounds)

Snowbelle Thundara

Moonlight Hunter

23,990 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
Calixita rolled 3 8-sided dice: 6, 4, 5 Total: 15 (3-24)

Calixita

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:40 pm
Death: 66 - 15 = 51 HP (BLINDED)

Spurred on by the attacks of her companions, Ikigai rushed in to help, battering at the disoriented beast with her hooves. She swept out with her tail, colliding it into his legs and causing Death to stumble back with another angry roar. She couldn't believe it -- it was working! They really could do this! Thrilled at their success, she kept pushing in on Death, relentless in her attacks. They had him surrounded. Not only were his wild attempts fighting back uncoordinated, but he couldn't seem to land a single strike as they kept jumping in and out of the fight, avoiding his teeth and limbs with every swipe and countering them with their own.

Hurricane stuck close with the crows, circling around from above to watch the soquili make their attack. Every now and then he would swoop in low when he spotted a clearing, grabbing at flesh with his claws before returning to safety in the sky. They were large in number against only one foe; they all needed to be careful not to get in each other's way.

They were winning. They were going to do this! What a story they would have to tell!

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff