Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:14 pm
User ImageUser Image

Your sister's not going to like, not going to like this one bit. When she finds out, Lae got cut off mid sentience.

She'll WHAT! Sera gave her a light growl and a harsh look. Burst into tears that I let her down and didn't keep an eye on her daughter. Whose going to tell her? You, ha! she laughed. You Know that would be a Bad idea. she stressed the words know and bad strongly. Plus that girl needs to get out and live. Just cause her mother lived a sheltered life doesn't mean she should be stuck with the same. I bet you she's having more fun since she ran away then she ever has in her life.

While that part was defiantly true, being free away from her family and rules had been exactly what she imagined. Currently tho Zareen was running blindly through the woods because she heard a strange sound. The sound of an owl hooting somewhere in the distance, something that she would never repeat to a living soul but it doesn't hurt with the irony of Sera's statement. Plus this job sounds like a lot of fun. Don't you want to go find some gemstones. Nice SHINY gems. She smiled at Lae. Could make a large fortune, plus where not too far from where Zareen went searching for herbs. I'm sure we'll be back before she even finishes.

Zareen had left the herd in the middle of the night after hearing grand stories from a handsome stallion. Stories of adventure, fame and fortune. Something that Sera had always enjoyed. Of course she wasn't surprised when Sierra woke her in the middle of the night to follow Zareen but should would have rather followed the handsome stallion instead. Why her sister even trusted her to stay with Zareen in the first place completely baffled her, maybe she thought Lae would keep her inline, maybe she had began to trust her again. But regardless of the case seeing the jobs board and all the fun, and lucrative, things she could be doing instead was by far more tempting then baby sitting a full grown mare.

Knowing very well that she was never going to win this battle Lae said nothing further and fallowed her foolish friend. According to the job board the cave we are going to is a little unstable. So while I wont stop you or me from going, if the ground even starts to shake we're gone. Okay!?

Sure Sera said over her shoulder. pus it's not the ground you usually need to worry about if it's shaking in a cave. The sealing above you is more the issue...she thought to herself.

Shiny!
While the Forgemaster is all scars and muscles, he still has an appreciation for the finer things in life. Particularly, sparkling jewels. Venture into the caverns to the East and if you’re lucky enough, you may find some shiny gems to trade for gold pieces!
Goal: Collect as many gems as you can find!
Instructions: Roll 1d6 and match your rolls to the outcomes below!
  1. There is a rumbling sound and the ground begins to shake. The cavern is caving in! You better leave as quickly as possible! (End exploration!)
  2. Something glimmers in the distance and you carefully seek it out. It seems to be some sort of crystal but it’s sparkly enough! (+2 gems)
  3. A bat drops down from the ceiling of the cave, scratching and screeching. In your attempts to escape its claws, you lose some of your gems. (-2 gems)
  4. You seem to be searching for hours. You’ve not sure if you even remember the way back to the exit. All hope is fading. But then you see it! The biggest gemstone you’ve ever seen. You’re not even certain you’ll be able to carry it out alone! (+5 gems)
  5. You slip on some loose gravel and slide down a dip in the cave, tumbling as you reach the bottom. Your gems spill out and while you find most, some are still lost. (-1 gem)
  6. As you enter the cave you notices some crystals forming. They’re not the shiniest of jewels but maybe they’ll polish up nicely. (+1 gem)

Reward: 2 gold pieces for completing.
Bonus: 1 – 3 gems: +1 gold piece
5 – 7 gems: +2 gold pieces
7 – 10 gems: +3 gold pieces
10+ gems: +5 gold pieces
Note: the bonus for RPing with another person does not apply to these bonuses!

WC - 450  
odet amo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:25 pm
+5 Gemstones

This looks about right, Lae said looking a bit weiry. A giant mouth with long sharp stalagmites and stalactites for eating you with. She half joked moved back and forth unsure about flying around such a tight and dark space.

Oh it'll be fine Lae, stop worry so much. She scolded her scaredy cat natured friend. In reality the cave was a bit on the scary side but not even Sera would ever admit thinking this to anyone. Stand your ground and never show fear she thought to herself. Her own personal credence that she lived her life by. Even when something was horrifying she refused to let it get to her, or at least not to show it, and a little cave wasn't going to change that.

They entered and began their search for gems. Is this one? Lae brought yet another quartz stone to Sera to look at.

No for the last time, those are rubbish. Just cause their shiny doesn't make them worth a dime. she rolled her eyes. Now if you see something that's shiny like that but has a nice blue, yellow, red...well pick a color. Then let me know. With the exception of diamonds which I doubt we're going to find in this cave all the clear ones are worthless. she stated getting really annoyed. They'd been in the cave for hours already and hadn't found anything other then rocks, dirt and a few old bones. Needless to say Lae wasn't very happy when they found those.

Everything was starting to seem like a bust when Lae flew back to show her yet another shiny clear stone. Lae, what did I say about the clear ones? She asked, contemplating hitting her head on the wall a few times.

Not to bring you another one. She said mater of factly.

Okay, then why did you bring me another clear one? Sera said looking at the ground scared to look for fear of getting really angry.

Because this one looks different from every other one I'd brought you before. Please, just take a look at it. What if it is really worth something? Lae pleaded in her sweat way.

Putting on a straight face and taking a breath Sera looked up and concentrated on the stone. You son of a, she stopped herself, knowing that Lae hated it when she cussed. You found something and I'm sure the Forgemaster will pay dearly for it too. Who would have thought there would be a diamond in a cave like this... she smiled to herself. It was a good day indeed.

WC - 433  

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
odet amo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:26 pm
5 gems Total

Lae was so proud of herself she completely forgot she was against the whole thing. She flew off looking for more gems. I'm going to double check I didn't miss any. Maybe that one had a friend near by. Maybe a whole group of friends!!! She yelled getting excited about the whole process. After all she really enjoyed searching for things, and shiny things were nice to look at. Lae buzzed from place to place quickly searching every inch, high and low.

Sera smiled at her friends enthusiasm. While they weren't much alike she did enjoy Lae's innocence. Something she hated to admit she admired about Lae and her siblings. They really didn't know the real world and that wasn't entirely a bad thing. Don't get too far ahead!!! Sera yelled. She winced after she did it, knowing full well it was a bad idea. The cave echoed horribly and started to rumble. Stalactites weren't so tight anymore, falling from the cealing and crushing their friends below. s**t Lae, get out of here now!!! She yelled, knowing that it might only make it worse but she had to warn her friend. Sera took off towards the opening of the cave and made it out before the mouth collapsed.

Well that was an adventure, Lae said from behind Sera. Sera startled slightly but tried not to show it.

How'd you get out of there!? Sera questioned in disbelief.

Well the roof started caving in and then I saw the sun, so I just flew towards it. Made it out front just in time to see you rush out of the mouth of the beast. It was quite an amazing sight. She said, moving back and forth, unable to hold still from all the excitement. Can we please go check on Zareen Now? Lae asked unfazed by what just happened.

Sera was still in a little bit of shock and out of breath from the sprint she just made. If we must, she said trying to keep her cool. Inside though she kept repeating Your fine, she's fine, everything is FINE

They set off through an open field of purple flowers. Ooo those are pretty, should we pick some for the road. Lae darted off looking for the prettiest to take with her

NO! Sera scolded her. Don't you know what those are? she asked, annoyed by her friends lack of common knowledge.

No, should I? She asked baffled.

Those are Fox Gloves, very poissoness. If someone accidentally ate one they'd be double over in pain for days. Leave them. Sera said flatly. They passed by the warning sign and worked their way back out of the woods, keeping a careful ear out for Zareen along the way.

WC - 456  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:25 pm
Sera you never cease to amaze me Lae thought as they worked their way out. Cool as a cucumber while I'm still flitting about with fear. My little Amazon. she giggled to herself. Of course she'd never say it aloud but that was her pet name for Sera. Lae's head perked up, Sera. I think I hear something up ahead. she whispered trying to figure out what she was hearing

I hear it too. Sera's ears twitched, Sounds like a mortar and pestle. You don't think she actually found something to make a sob out of, do you? She looked at Lae questioning. Sure enough among some rocks not too far from the woods layed Zareen working hard on her potion. If she hadn't been so busy working she might have even seen them coming. She's got some skills with that mortar Sera thought sweetly Wonder what she's been doing with her mouth to learn it putting her head straight into the mud. Then she saw three empty green stalks near by, Lae, she said worriedly. Can you tell what color the paste is from here?

Yeah, it's purple...why? She flitted around a little trying to remember where she'd seen that color before. It was pretty, really pretty. And then it dawned on her. There's no way she...

Yep, she did. Poisoness Fox Gloves. She winced at the thought of the Fordgemaster coming after Zareen for trying to kill him with that concoction. Lae, she asked. Think you can make it back to the Forgemaster with the diamond and convince him to let her think she did good and take it out of our pay? The girl deserves a little bit of adventure after all... she said the last part under her breath.

Of course, Lae said with a smile. Sometimes you can be such a softy Serafina she thought to herself. Taking the diamond she took off towards the Fordgemasters excited everything seemed to have worked out for the best. Sierra wouldn't even need to know they left her.

Sera layed down next to a rock and watched Zareen. Oh hun how much you have to learn about the world she thought watching her neice Maybe it's time I took you with me, man your mother's never going to forgive me for that. But if you keep this up you will get yourself in real trouble or killed she sighed at the thought of what the future would hold. I'm such a softy...

WC - 414
Total - 1753  

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff