Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)
Snagem in Smash Ultimate - as Spirits!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:53 pm
Here's an idea I had while watching one of the youtubers I'm subscribed to go through World of Light. If your Snagem characters were support Spirits, what ability would they give the player? This goes for both human characters and any Pokemon in your roster whose personality you're particularly fond of, or are known for. This is only for support spirits as primary spirits merely increase stats.

Terashi: Primary Spirit, Defense, Air-Dodge duration up. Ter's all about strategy, and when it comes to platforming, strategy is mostly in the placement. Having an air dodge that goes farther helps toward that. His style is Defense because that's his default response in Pokemon battles.

Human Keiko: Primary Spirit, Grab, Enhances to Hybrid Keiko at 99, Fist damage up. At least half of the moves I plan on Keiko knowing as she performs master missions and such are fist-related, so this ability fits her well. Her style is Grab because she's a hugger.

Absinthe: Primary Spirit, Attack, I'm actually not sure what ability to give her, but then I haven't explored her personality very much, and she hasn't spent a lot of time in action in Snagem.

Chaos: Support Spirit, Hybrid Smash Attacks. Though he's not one of my main characters anymore, he still has a place in Snagem history, and increasing smash damage fits his brute-force motif well.

Rala: Support Spirit, Special-move damage up. Much like Samurai, this fits the Pokemon more than her personality.

Samurai: Support Spirit, Sword damage up. Much like Rala, this fits the Pokemon more than his personality.

Audrey: Support Spirit, Shield durability up. More of the same here.

Warbringer/Angeal/Angela: Support Spirit, Attack speed up. More of the same. I felt like pulling these three into the same spirit since Angeal and Angela are descent from Warbringer, and Angeal and Warbringer both are fairly well known, I feel. Angela will get there eventually, I'm sure.

I know this is the low period of the year for Snagem, but I'd really like to see what you guys think of your characters and how they'd fit as spirits in Smash Ultimate. I probably used some abilities that aren't in the game since I haven't played it yet, but don't worry about that too much. Feel free to get creative with it if the mood takes you.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:21 am
Sub - Support. Increase Final Smash charge. Because Sub mostly supports his teammates but when he does act it's usually something flashy.

Larrimore - Support. Equip Killing Edge or something else sword based.

Gardy - Primary. Grab type. PSI Attack Up.

Poe - Primary. Defense type. Enhanceable. Becomes Mega Sableye with Super Armor.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:52 am
Ulla- Support. Stamina Up. Ulla always has so much energy and spunk. Just like a small child should. So of course she would want to share that.

Leon- Support. Smash down attack raised. Like Leon, under all his laziness, there is a trump card ready to be played.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:22 am
You know it kind of reminds me of a conversation that was had on Skype, long before Discord was even thought up, roughly around the time Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii came out. It was kind of fun thinking about how our characters would turn out in a game like Smash, and hell, even got to talking about what Snake's Codec calls would come out as if he was to square off with anyone. Now we had Smash 4 with Palutena's Guidance, and now for Ultimate with the spirits, and its kind of fun to just think about what ifs and whatnot. The Spirit mode in particular has all sorts of references and such to their games, some more cruel than others, when you really get down thinking about it, but trying to keep to the theme of them:

My main is in a funny spot because there is a fair number of things that he could harken to. Probably the better alignment for the catch-all member of Snagem could probably make his Primary Spirit quality to come out neutral as opposed to any of the other three. I'd imagine that on that note if if that was the case he'd wouldn't have any special quality to him other than a massive powerhouse. If he did have some sort of skill, it'd probably be dealing extra damage to Shields, considering his penchant to breach just about anything he's pointed to. Who needs Marth's Shield Breaker when you can brute force your way into someone's guard? If not that then maybe Super Armor, given his unfortunate tendency to get deep into the fray, ignore whatever damage he's got, then...have the proverbial Heroic RROD pop up once the fight is over.

Freth would more than likely be a support spirit if anything. I'd imagine her having a Hyper Smash Attack quality, which gives Smash attacks the potential for slightly longer charges along with a heftier attack boost for them. Considering Freth's penchant to level someone with attacks like her Frustration attack, it'd probably fit.

Tristen unfortunately would not have something AS luxurious due to him still trying to learn what he's trying to do. If anything, like Freth, I do at the very least imagine him as a support and having an Electric Attack up quality, which would help the likes of Pikachu or Pichu.......and Dark Samus, incidentally since some of her attacks are "electric" based. That's barring any other outliers like Ness's/Lucas's PK thunder, Samus's Charge Shot, or Capt. Falcon's Knee of Justice. If not that, then at the very least just a simple Zap Floor negate, since there are some Spirit matches where there are electrified floors which would hurt fighters that are unprepared. The Zap floor negate would fit since Electricity wouldn't phase Tristen due to his Lightning Rod ability.

Finally I'd imagine Doc Owl and Orderly being put together as one spirit. There are several spirits that actually are like that, though in the end they only still have one skill. I'd imagine he too would be support, and have the Autoheal quality which every few seconds a fighter heals a very small percentage of damage. I mean, they're medical staff, what'd you expect.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items