[PRP] - Are you our dad? - cubs and Ciro Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eight, there were eight of them. Eight rambunctious, mewling, little balls of fluff, eight. And though their mother loved and adored every single one of them, for a single lioness it was all very overwhelming, even with the help of her family. Surrounded by so many little fuzzies, it was not especially surprising that one...or three of them would manage to escape the watchful eyes to find their own fun.

"Qui-gon! Qui-gon, where are you going?"

The tan cub called out to his darker brother, who was wasting no time in escaping from his mother and noisy siblings.

"I'm going exploring. You can come if you want, Obi."

"But we'll get caught."

"Not if you keep quiet."

The tan cub's ears dropped, a cautious look back toward the den before following after his brother. Even at such a young age, Qui-gon was already showing a strong sense of adventure and independence, and he was not waiting around to be told what was out there. No, he was going to find it for himself.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:18 pm
Amon Larethian

The tan cub watched his brothers as they slipped away from the watchful eyes of their mother. His own eyes narrowed, just where were they going? When his mother's eyes were turned, Raijin also took the opportunity to slip away, tailgating his tan brother, and darker brother. He could hear them squabbling as he followed, shaking his head. His eyes turned back towards the den, making sure his mother wasn't following before he pounced on the darker of his brothers.

"You two are going to be in soooo much trouble if you are caught." Rai said with a smirk. "It's a good thing I am with you now! So. Where are we going?" The cub grinned, releasing his brother as he eyed both of them before him.

---

Ciro and his small band had finally made it to the Pridelands. It had been a long trip, and less adventurous than what he wanted. (Lacking much of the ladies, he needed to make sure next mission there was a few females joining the party.)

The familiar site of Pride Rock in the background made the male smirk. Ah, he did enjoy this pride.

"You guys can do what you want. I have some business to attend here." He had said to the group, not waiting for an answer as he headed into the lands. Business, right. Most who traveled with the Captain knew exactly what he meant.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:14 pm
Qui-gon hissed as he was pounced, glaring at his brother as Obi-wan nearly squeaked as he scurried to duck into the grass. OMG THEY WERE CAUGHT, MOM HAD FOUND THEM! Oh, it was just their brother, whew. The dark cub only rolled his eyes, shooting a glare from one brother to the other before shoving Rai off him.

"If you two would be quiet, we won't get caught."

"I wasn't the one making noise."

Obi huffed, he fur ruffled as he glared at his tan brother from scaring him. I mean, he wasn't scared at all! HUFF!

"You coming or not?"

Qui-gon was already moving through the grass again, pausing long enough to look back to his brothers. What? Well he wasn't going to leave them behind. If he did, they'd certainly tattle and then he'd be exploring nothing but the den.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:36 pm
Amon Larethian

Rai watched as his brother scurried away quickly, before being shoved. “Hey!” He growled, tail thrashing behind him.

“Pft. I am quiet. You are the one being loud right now.” Raijin whispered loudly with a glare, but followed his brother. He glanced back at Obi who was trailing. “Come on slow-poke or else mom is really gonna catch you.” He grinned, his speed increasing to match Qui-gon’s.

“Where we going anyways?”

Ciro’s eyes narrowed as he spotted small rustles in the grass just to the distance. His head tilted. A lady perhaps stalking some prey? The Captain smirked at the thought, as he headed towards the direction. The scent, or multiple scents, is what caught his attention first.

That…was definitely not a lady. Or multiple ladies for that matter. There was a slight familiarity to it, but it wasn’t as if he could place his paw on it. His golden eyes scanned, finally spotting the three little furballs running amuck in the grasses.

The distinguishable flame marking on all of them caused him to gulp. There was that one time…with the white female…and…

…s**t.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:33 pm
Qui-gon sighed, choosing to ignore Rai's statement. It was not worth arguing, especially not when doing so would only mean they were making more noise which would surely lead to them being caught. Instead he continued on, trusting his two brothers would follow on their own.

"That is the point of exploring, to find out as you go."

In other words, the dark cub had no idea where they were going, but he wasn't going to tell them that.

Obi grumbled, sticking his tongue out at both brothers behind their backs before racing to catch up. Hmph, it wasn't his fault Rai had pounced them. And no, he wasn't not scared, he was very brave! So there!

It was Obi who saw the dark lion first, suddenly halting in his steps as he first saw very big paws before his gazed drifted upward. Wow, he was....really big, eep!

"Qui-gon..."

"Wha--"

Oh. The dark cub stopped, his own pale eyes staring up at the unfamiliar lion.

"Who are you?"

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 pm
Amon Larethian

"Pft. That's such a sissy answer." Raijin said with an eye roll, looking everywhere but where the newcomer had joined them. It was only when Qui-gon asked, 'Who are you?' did Raijin turn his attention to the other. Huh. He looked like Qui...kind of. And the flame marking...

Raijin's eyes narrowed. "Momma told us not to talk to strangers." He said matter-of-factly to his brothers, approaching Ciro as he stood right next to his darker one.

"The question is...who are you?" Ciro asked with an amused head tilt. "And why are three young boys out on their own? Surely your mother is around?" His mind was slowly going back to the time he had spent with the pale female here. These children...they had to be his. He hadn't been gone that long. Timeline certainly matched up.

"What are your names, boys? Maybe you can take me to your mother?" Ciro asked. He'd like to see her again.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:40 pm
Qui-gon chose to ignore his brother, refusing to give him the satisfaction of a reaction. He didn't need to know where they were going to enjoy the journey.
But now the dark cub's gaze was focused solely on the large lion, his eyes narrowed as he looked up at oddly familiar markings.

"I asked you first."

Obi-wan put a paw over his own mouth to cover what may or may not have been a squeak. The tan cub was not as bold as his brothers, his ears down as he stood behind them, fighting every urge to latch onto a tail and pull them away from the far larger lion.

Can we go home now...

The dark cub meanwhile had taken a step closer to the larger lion, circling to get a better view (Sorry Obi, not going home yet). Hmmm, why did the lion look like him? And why did they have the same marking?

"Why do you look like me?"

"And why do you want to see mom?"

Obi had peeked out from behind his brother long enough to ask the question. Well, at least he wasn't hiding anymore, sort of, oh he really hoped that big lion didn't want to eat them.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:14 pm
Amon Larethian

Ciro's smirk widened at the clapback from the dark male. It reminded him of himself when he was much, much younger.

"Ah, well I normally just go by Crow." A half lie. Ciro would introduce himself one of three ways. Crow to unknown males, Mekai or Ciro. His ear flickered to the little squeak of the brown male behind the darker male. "So now that I have given you my name, what are yours little ones? Or, perhaps I can figure them out myself." Ciro would like just follow some sort of nicknames. Fluffs one two and three worked out nicely for him.

"As for wanting to see your mother...well, just making sure she is around so you three scamps don't get into trouble."

Raijin glanced from Ciro to Qui-gon, mentally pushing a paw to his face at his brother. "You can't ask someone why they look like you Qui." But his eyes peered curiously at Ciro, the question now made him curious. His mother didn't have a flame marking, yet this male had one right on his shoulder.

"...soo....." Raijin pushed towards Ciro.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:48 pm
The dark cub's eyes narrowed, gazing up at Ciro suspiciously. There may have been a challenge in his pale eyes, his head held high. Qui-gon was not intimidated by the larger lion, even if at least one of his brothers was.

"Crow? That's a weird name. I'm Qui-gon. Obi. Rai."

He indicated his brothers with one paw as he spoke their names. His tail flicked, a glance shot at Rai.

"You will forgive me if I do not follow what you tell me I can or cannot do."

Qui-gon-esse for shut up, brother, you're not the boss of me! His gaze had returned to Ciro. He wanted an answer, why did he look so much like the large lion? And why did they all have the same flame marking?

Obi-wan's curiosity was beginning to override his sense of caution, his attention now focused on the marking on the dark lion's shoulder. He dared to step closer, circling behind, a cautious paw reaching out to poke at the tufted tail that dwarfed his own.

He almost didn't hear when Qui-gon said his name, only a glance shot at his brother in protest.

"Do you know our mom?"

Watch out Ciro, they may be on to you.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:30 am
Amon Larethian

"Qui-gon, Obi, Rai." Ciro committed the names to his memory. After all, the likelihood of this being his offspring as great, with those flame markings. Unless he had other male offspring that he didn't know of, all of his spawn were not of the age to reproduce.

He made no comment to say his name was weird however. Spunky little kid, wasn't he?

Raijin glared at his brother. "I'm gonna tell momma when he get home." He huffed in a quiet murmur, intended for Qui-gon to hear.

Ciro's attention turned towards Obi, who had poked at his tail. An eyebrow quirked, as it lifted up, only to plop right down on the boy's head.

"I might." He male said casually. "But you haven't told me her name. I know few lionesses here, and for a pride as big as your own, it is hard to say for sure. Why don't you boys take me to her, and I can see for myself if I know her or not?" Ciro asked with a smirk. Hidden intentions really. Three boys had run off from their mother. She wasn't in sight. It is likely there are more. Ciro was ready to learn about his offspring in the land. He may not be the best father figure, but he was going to damn well try.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:06 pm
Qui-gon glared at his brother, resisting the urge to tell him to go jump in the water hole. He was neither impressed nor concerned with his brother's threat. There was, after all, something far more important than any trouble he could get in later standing in front of them. He'd worry about mom later.

Obi huffed, batting at the tail tuft that was suddenly right in his face. Hey! I'll get you for that, rawr! Oh that tail was his now, yep.

"Her name is mom, duh."

The little tan cub may or may not spoken with tail in his mouth.

The darker cub almost facepalmed.

"Her name is Meiyo."

His brothers might have been more cautious, but something told Qui-gon that the dark lion did indeed know their mother and that he was more to them than what he was telling. And if taking 'Crow' back to their mother would get him the answers he sought, then so be it.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:14 pm
Amon Larethian

Ciro's ear flickered back, feeling small teeth clash against his tail tuft, and the small bone just at the tip. He pulled his tail from the small one's grasp, not particularly enjoying the stinging sensation it brought. "Right."

He refrained from rolling his eyes, but glad the darker male had clarified. Ah, Meiyo. That's right. He had introduced himself as Mekaitso back then. Perhaps he could meet her again, let her know his 'true' name.

Maybe become reacquainted...

He shook his head. No, there were children present. He couldn't think of that just yet.

Raijin literally brought a paw to his face as Qui-gon gave away more information. He was quick to pounce on his darker brother. "Exnay on giving the informationaye." He growled. Did he not know any better?!

Ciro chuckled at the other's antic. "I do know your mother, yes. A white lioness yes? Small markings below her eyes?" Hopefully him describing the female made the other boy more at ease with him here. "Can you boys take me to her?" He asked, again chuckling at the dark glare from the tan male.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:44 pm
"Oof! Rai, get off me."

Qui-gon grumbled at his brother, pushing back at him with all four paws. It was obvious this dark lion knew their mother, if he didn't then why did they all have the same flame marking? No one else in their family had that flame. Mom and Grandad had different markings, like the once on his leg and Obi's face, but they had no flame. So it had to have come from somewhere else.

"Don't you want to know who he is too? If he was going to do anything bad he'd have done it by now, and besides, grandad is bigger than him."

The dark cub spoke quietly to his brother, a flick of his tail. Sorry Rai, but it seems Qui-gon has made up his mind.

"She's at home, it's that way if you want to come with us."

"Hey!"

Obi let out a small growl of protest as the tail was pulled from his grasp, rolling backward as he lost his grip. Oh yeah, well you can't escape that easily! The tan cub had scrambled back to his paws, rearing onto his hind legs as if to pounce the dark lion before he paused, the tail forgotten as he found himself suddenly far more interested in the flame marking on the lion's shoulder. His head tilted, standing up on his hind legs as he reached toward the marking, looking between that marking and the one on his own forelimb. They were the same.

"Are you...are you our dad?"

And....there it was. Obi-wan had asked the question before Qui-gon had had the chance. Sigh, Qui-gon was trying to be more subtle!

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:59 pm
Amon Larethian

“NO YOU GOT TO STOP TELLING A STRANGER THESE THINGS!” The than male growled, tugging at his brother’s ear. “I don’t care. Momma would tell us when we get back if anything!” He growled again, before finding a large paw wrap around his underbelly and pull him off Qui-gon. “Hey! Let me gooooo~!” Raijin snarled, little paws sweeping at Ciro.

“Now now, you two get along. I am sure your mother and I can explain some things when I se her, hmm?” The adult tried to reason with a small smile.

The question from the other caused him to blink. Oh. Well… He watched the other trace the flame marking on his shoulder. He shook his head, with smirk. “Let’s definitely wait to answer that. I am sure your mother will wish to be present.” Ciro advised, following the cubs to their home.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:45 pm
"I can hear you fine without you yelling in my ear, Raijin."

Qui-gon growled at his brother, his growing annoyance clear as he emphasised his brother's full name. His head shook, ow, that hurt! It was enough to make a pacifist lash out, a paw raised to smack at his brother's nose.

Eyes narrowed as his brother was pulled away, a glare that quickly softened as the larger lion scolded them. Well, he couldn't use the 'you're not my dad!' argument could he. Instead he nodded, turning to lead the way back to the den.

"It's this way."

The tan cub huffed, giving the dark lion the most adorable sulk he could as he sat back on his hind paws.

"Why can't you tell me now?"

Obi found himself following after the dark lion, a playful bat at his tufted tail, as if to remind him that he was still there, still waiting for an answer.

KasaiLoki

[IC] Pridelands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces