Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] Father is Missing.... (Nawiri x Dhahabu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The chaos that had occurred not too long ago had somehow masked the real issue in Nawiri's heart. When hell was literally raining down on the Pridelands, she hadn't been near the center of the spectacle. She had stayed back at home that night, not all that interested in being social. She had never really pushed herself out of her parents' shadows, and in a lot of ways she didn't mind. She was a perfectionist on herself, and hiding behind her parents was an easy way to avoid that reality.

But she hadn't been able to find her mother for a time. And now her father was missing...and did anyone seem to care? It had become an afterthought after their king nearly died, after so many others died. Did....did they die, and no one knew it? Wahabu was too important and, for lack of a better term, famous within with Pridelands. Someone would have known something, right??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:03 pm
User Image

In the time since the meteor shower, Dhahabu was healing well after a nearby strike caused some debris to fly into his face. A scraped up face and lingering infection in an eye seemed of little concern compared to the death and destruction that had come to the Pridelands, never mind the few disappearances. He could finally help .. and he had to do it or he would keep dwelling on the fact that his uncle had died practically right in front of him, trying to save him and some other stupid adolescents who couldn't figure out how to save themselves fast enough. There were plenty of deaths but that was the hardest on Dhahabu.

Grandma was missing and that was what he chose to focus on. Even though his aunts and uncles and cousins and everybody had already been looking so much.. maybe all they needed was for him to join in and now they could get someone.

He had no idea where to start, so he started with heading to his grandparents' den, hoping for some clues or an update on where everybody had already looked.

He also had no idea that there was another missing person on the list.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:19 pm
She kept looking, but also...didn't know where else to look. She couldn't be the only one that realized this, but...where...?

Nawiri was lingering in her parents' den, an empty place that she still called home. Their scents were still here, lingering. With time, she knew that they would fade. But where...?

She sighed, convinced that she was going to have to throw a sort of tantrum to get anyone to pay attention to her. Perhaps if she asked someone else on the council, they would notice? Would the old king Simi listen to her? She had never tried to put herself out there, but the fear of the unknown pushed her out of her comfort zone. Finally making a decision, she stood up to leave...and spotted a very vivid gold male approaching.

"Ha....Dhahabu?" she asked, very aware of her extensive family, as oddly anti-social as she had been in the past. Nothing more than pleasantries exchanged, and attending the odd marriage here and there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:35 pm
Dhahabu's heart skipped a beat when he arrived at the den and was found by Nawiri. At a glance, she looked a lot like Grandma.. even if upon closer inspection, she looked a lot like Grandpa, too. Of course it could be that easy! He hadn't seen much of this particular aunt lately, but he knew she was the same age as Uzuzi and that made him feel incredibly awkward. And very aware of how much his eye hurt, just as he wanted most to act like it was nothing.

"Aunt Nawiri," he said, trying to sound casual, "Have we made any progress? I want to help.."

He was looking thinner and scruffier than he might have in better circumstances. His mane was almost filled in now but it didn't help him look much sturdier yet.. luckily a search party wasn't all brute strength. It was maybe more visual than one and a half eyes but.. that was fine. He was fine. This was more important.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:46 pm
She would never want to admit that she was feeling ashamed for her thoughts, but it was impossible to separate the feeling of disappointment that nipped at the edges of her relief. It wasn’t her father, but it was family at the least. Family that cared.

“No,” Nawiri replied quietly. Her red eyes scanned around behind Dhahbu, curious to see if anyone was with him or if he had indeed come alone. More disappointment. She knew that everyone had their own problems, but to not see the droves of volunteers she felt her father deserved to help find him.... the cynical part of her was starting to take over. She needed to calm down.

She offered her nephew a reassuring smile. “I know with all the heartbreak lately, it is hard for anyone to focus. I’m thinking about making a plea to the council, to ask our king for assistance. Would you come with me?”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 pm
Dhahabu frowned despite himself. He knew they weren't having much luck if a sullen aunt was here.. he wasn't surprised to have missed the initial panic after all of this started happening, after a certain point it's hard to keep going on.. but their family was big enough that there should always be someone to keep looking. Like him.

"Grandpa didn't ask the council for help yet?" he asked, "I haven't.. I haven't gone out much yet.. are there a lot of people disappearing?"

Had he missed another disaster? Grandpa was on the council, why would they not be helping? Sure they were dealing with a lot of death but this could mean saving someone! That had to count for something.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:01 pm
Was....was she really that disconnected from everything? Or had she just been hiding it too well?

"Did....am I.... what?" The pit of her stomach fell into the floor. "Father...your grandfather....is also missing. I haven't seen him in days. The council doesn't always meet, so I don't know if anyone else has...noticed." Which seemed impossible, but with everything else going on, it was rather probably.

"I wanted to go report this, to see if we can get more help. I...don't go out much either, and the fear is hard to fight off." Her voice went quiet. What was she doing? She needed to be strong for her nephew, but instead she may only be feeding into his own fears.

"I can go alone, but maybe they'll listen if it's not just one lion approaching."

Ecavi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:30 pm
"What?"

The panic this revelation caused was obvious and Dhahabu danced on his feet as if trying to decide where to go to deal with this.. but there wasn't anywhere really to go. That was clearly the problem.

"That can't be right. I go days without seeing grandpa all the time."

Dhahabu was still young but he was grown up enough to hear how stupid he sounded as he spoke. Denial was easiest, but he wasn't close enough to this aunt to gauge how likely she was to be joking, overreacting, under-reacting.. she already had a plan, and she was the older one here, he would defer to her.

But it would have been so much more attractive to let himself think it must be a fever dream.

"I'll go with you," he said, "If I can help, I want to. I meant it."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:49 pm
"Sometimes, me too," she said. Moreso because if she slinked away from home, it was to hide somewhere else for a couple days before she returned. After everything that had happened, she hadn't done that. Sticking with parents seemed the best, even if her mother had been missing. But her father, too?

It was too much.

"Thank you, Dhahabu. Would you...go with me right now?" she wanted to go before she lost her bravery, and she also just wanted to get it over with. Part of her expected to be brushed off, and better to deal with that disappointment now, rather than later.

"I can always vouch for you, if you mother is looking for you later. I don't know how long this may take. I'm certain that the council and crown has had to deal with a lot more complaints and issues lately."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:08 pm
After agreeing to go petition the council for help, a sinking feeling started to settle in Dhahabu's stomach. This wasn't a good situation that they were in, he wasn't sure what would happen if Grandma and Grandpa really were both just gone forever. They were old, and not just as grandparents always are to grandchildren. When it was time for the family to go on without them, it wasn't supposed to be like this.

But.. Uzuzi wasn't supposed to go like he did. Or Shinda. Or Mkate's.. father in law? Or Suni's cousins..

"It'll be ok, I'll handle my mom," he said, "If there's a line, we'll wait in it."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:15 pm
"Thank you, Dhahabu. Even if it is still family, I feel like I owe you a favor for this. Let us see if there is a line, and how the rest of the council is fairing."

She felt like it was impossible that no one would have noticed Wahabu's disappearance, but one wouldn't know until they asked. "If we hurry, I'm sure we can be seen before the sun falls for the night. Let us hurry."

Hurrying felt like they were doing something to solve this, and Nawiri clung onto that hope for dear life.

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games