Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Madness (RPG)

Back to Guilds

Madness, Insanity and... Rpg's. Well okay, it's all Rpg's. Unless 1 of the members is actually insane, then maybe there is a little madness. 

Tags: Friends, Madness, Role Playing, Hang Out, Awesome 

Reply Somewhere Under Heaven RPG (active)
Somewhere Under Heaven RPG (2) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BhelliomBlue-Rose
Vice Captain

Militant Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:52 am
The hood dipped a few inches, and the A.I. hunter strode off to the stairs.
On the way down and past, his aural output would echo at least far enough to be heard.
"Ten-four. Gonna want someone to patch up his knee pretty soon.
Some mysterious force seems to've shattered it.
Thinkin' it's gremlins."
Though he had little love for this perp, even traitors were afforded some rights.
Like the right not to come to unfortunate accidents while in the jailer's care.
Or, in this case, taking as much care as possible not to aggravate the injury while laying Verdus down on the cot.

Closing and locking the cell door behind him, he lazily saluted the dwarf.
"I'm sure the Lambs'll be more'n understanding of your situation.
You just get some rest, old buddy. Got a lot to look forward to."
Now that the job was done, there was just the one more matter.
SUCCESSFUL HUNT. POSTED BOUNTY: 20 SOVEREIGNS ALIVE.
Tromping back up the stairwell, he found his usual contact, Brother Niall, chatting with his acquaintances.
"When there's a moment, Brother, I'd like to get the accounts settled.
One Verdus Muil, alive and kickin'."

-------------------------------------------------------

Amaris' looking around to avoid eye contact didn't produce the desired results.
In part because Uncle Yarrow was a ghost, and in part because he wasn't even standing in front of her, but behind.
Still, it was refreshing to talk to her. She didn't treat him as though he were insane for talking to people she couldn't detect.
From what the tattered elf kept hearing, his cousin communed with yet another layer of reality, where more abstract intelligences made their homes.

"He didn't tell me everything. Usual vague spirit shtick.
Either he doesn't know, or most of the others aren't letting him say."
Terin wasn't much inclined to step in on this spectacle.
No point to keeping the peace; the worst thing that would happen would be death.
And that wasn't an end so much as a transition. He'd always had trouble with why it upset people in the first place.
At least two major religions held speaking to the dead as blasphemy.
His cult called it common courtesy.

On the other hand, a little wisp of flame danced around his knuckles.
It wouldn't take but a spark to set all those flammable chemicals up.
Odile was wearing a nice coat of them.
Given that Al'Byar listened more closely to the dead than the living, they could really color his opinions.
She had ghosts, and most of them weren't hers, but of her making.
Zion had some too (most of the folks in the taproom did, professions being what they were), but the synth didn't have three separate spirits screaming obscenities at her.

This, amongst other things, had made it a bit difficult to hear Amara the first time.
His lone eye snapping back to her face, he hummed a tuneless melody while he gathered words for a response.
"Not sure myself. Probably have to hang around you or something.
They were really insistent on that part. Mum on why."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:10 am
Zion ducked with ease, the chair soaring overtop her back with reasonable clearance.
As it passed in front of her, she grabbed the back of the chair to keep it from soaring into the people seated elsewhere in the room.
The girl released a slow sigh, obviously trying to hold her tongue as she grew increasingly annoyed.
She gingerly set the chair down on all fours before nonchalantly turning to meet Odile's gaze.
Her hand rested on the back of the chair as she looked the situation over.

Zion's programming locked onto all possible weapons, most specifically noting the pistol in Odile's hand and the residual cocktail dressed on the front of her.
She blinked slow, obviously growing in irritation.
Still devoid of any notable emotions, Zion's gaze was nearly relaxed.

"Your weapon of choice," Zion said, motioning to the pistol with her eyes.
"Gun powder, hm? What a classic companion.
I would watch letting that hammer fall.
I hear all of that is highly combustible.
And I doubt you'll find a synth with elven skin."

System Defense Check:
Magnetic Armor - equipped
Shield - Running, 100%

Zion looked at Odile, giving her food for thought.
Quite honestly, she found her exhausting.
Just another face fueled by violence, like the thousands she had met before.
She didn't like synths?
Zion had met more people that didn't like synths than those that did.

"I would hurry along and go wash up," She said, eyes flitting to onlookers throughout the room.
"You're in quite a position where you stand.
Reason tells me that you might have more than a few people would love to take advantage of this predicament of yours.
And I have a feeling that I'm not the only one in this room that can cast one, tiny spark."

Zion raised her eyebrows expectantly, left hand suddenly aglow with electric currents running under her skin, the same color that lit her large eyes.
It was slowly becoming apparent that Zion was already four steps ahead in a game Odile didn't even know she was playing.
Although not apparent at first, Zion could be quite an intimidation.
Maybe it was the lack of emotion to her face.
Or her willingness to keep balance where she deemed fit.
There was no regard to life, no regard to suffering...
Not for those who caused others to suffer.

"There's nothing for you here," She sighed after a moment.
"If I could be tamed, it would have happened already."

Her eyes sparked brighter as the air around Zion turned dry.
One wrong shuffle and the static would combust.
Her head tilted to the side a little, Odile's hair starting to raise from the static.
Zion's face was devoid, nearly corpse like, but somewhere in her electric eyes there was almost a look of equal glee shining back at Odile.  

lovebrookelyn

Heart Hunter

The Assassin of Chaos
Crew

Perfect Garbage

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:51 pm
"Ecto. And it's not exactly a face... more a big eyeball," the eponymous AI mused, scratching the stem of said 'eye'.
"I've been interested in the religion, if only because of Everlyn and Vurtuna's uniqueness as guardians over gods. Perhaps I'm being overly curious."
Or perhaps he felt like repaying a debt. Not that he'd admit to such a thing aloud... but if there was an afterlife, he'd prefer salvation to damnation any day.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:50 pm
The Assassin of Chaos

If the dwarf was smart enough, Clockson might've been right that he had futures to look forward to.
It all depended now on if he was willing to repent and do community service for the church for some time to pay off his sins. He would also likely have to convert and attend church regularly while on trail.
If he couldn't pay the price with servitude and devoutness, then he'd be hanging on a rope at the Raven's stone soon....

Just as Clockson was walking up the stairs, he whispered hoarsely at the robot.
"You'll be regretting this soon. Just you wait.
This will come biting you in the a** someday..."

Brother Niall raised his brows at the synthetic before him.
"Oh? Is that so?
I must admit I haven't heard of a synth being interested in the faith before.
Even less so one being interested in the lesser gods.
Perhaps, when we have time another day, I'd love to discuss the faiths with you."
Turning his attention to Clockson, he smiled warmly.
"Ah, yes.
Of course, give me one moment.
Stay here please."
With a slow pace, he'd walk out of the room and shut the door behind him.
Leaving the three adventurer's alone for a brief moment.

Sam would feel incredibly awkward in this moment.
He didn't really know these robots yet.... He wasn't really at that socially comfortable level to make jokes or make a fool out of himself for entertainment.
So instead, he kinda just stood there.
Hands stiff at his sides, only moving to remove the sweat dripping down his head and into his beard.
Why did it feel so hot in here?

It wouldn't be long until Brother Niall was back in the room, and in his hand he reward Clockson with a small bag of the sovereigns.
"Double check if you'd like, but that should be the full 20." He'd say, plopping the back into Clockson's open palms when he was ready for it.
"At the moment though Clockson, I've no other additional quests to toss your way.
The uh...increase of adventurer's in the past few days has wiped our boards clean."

Sam looked at Clockson, then at Ecto, then back at Clockson.
He hoped they could leave soon....

--------------------------------

It wasn't really so much that Odile hated synths.
Depending on who you asked, Odile was probably one herself.
Although she was born a high elf, there was now more machine to her body than there was any actual organic material.
And perhaps that was what made her so unstable...

Despite her obvious defeat, Odile still grinned.
Even though she'd lost, something was still horribly fun about this.
Relaxing up a bit, she soothed her hand through her hair, pulling it backwards and letting the braid fall behind her ears.
"Hmmm yeah, what am I thinking?"
She laughed as she wiped more of the gasoline off of her cheeks.
"Silly me, getting all worked up again...
I really can't help it you know?
The wires in my brain you know, they get all tangled up in there sometimes."

She glanced about the room. All eyes on her, just how she preferred it.
And most of the stares were ones that were familiar with her. In this area, Odile was a bit infamous for starting quarrels.
And most adventurer's knew that it was better to stay out of her path.

Her gaze settled back on the youthful looking synth once more.
"You were right though. You know, beforehand when we were talking all civilized.
Synths never forget.
And I promise you, sweetpea, I won't be forgettin' this anytime soon."

Slowly she'd put her gun back in it's holster, all the while never letting go of her eye contact with Zoin, in case the synth decided to fight dishonorably.
When it seemed safe enough, Odile would take a few steps backwards before turning around and leaving the dining area.

Just as Odile disapeared past the doors, Master Fox would come bursting in.
"WHAT THE HELL," He'd shout, obviously enraged,
"WHO'S FIGHTING NOW?!"

-----

Amaris sighed in relief.
Odile was unstable, but to everyone's misfortune she wasn't an idiot.
Before the fight could even start, it had already ended.
It was probably for the best that way anyways.

She refocused on her cousin.
"Well then I guess I won't decline you following a long.
But just so you're aware, I'm working on a quest with my colleague, Samuel.
We're going to go on that mission that everyone else is going on. The one for the spirit and the girl.
Shouldn't be too bad I think and from what I recall, you can handle yourself..."
She lifted herself off her seat and stared over at the synth girl who'd challenged Odile.
"And it kind of seems like she can too.
Maybe I'll see if I can get to know her more."

Gesturing for cousin to follow, she'd weave her way past the gathering crowd.
She'd arrive in the eye of the crowd about the same time Master Fox would.
"IT WAS YOU, WASN'T IT?!" He'd said, pointing a finger right at the tip of Zion's nose.
"I CAN SEE THE MISCHIEVOUSNESS IN YOUR EYES."

For the moment, Amaris would stand back with her hands crossed over her chest.
Assessing how the robot handled non-violent conflict was just as important as how she handled vise versa...  

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

The Assassin of Chaos
Crew

Perfect Garbage

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:00 pm
"I hope such a time comes soon too, Sir," the mono-eyed machine responded respectfully to the priest.
"I have much left to learn, in spite of my experience."
>All completion parameters for task met
>Purging task from queue

With the calm that came from handing off the dwarf, it seemed all parameters had been met for being busy. So.
>New task elevated
>Originator:Sam // Task:Meet allies for further tasks // CompletionParamater:...

"Should ever a need arise for any of us, just give us a bell, sir," Ecto informed Niall briefly. "I believe we'll be occupied with what Sam has to offer if you require any aid locating us. Clockson, shall we go hear him and his friend out?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:50 am
Clockson didn't answer the dwarf's threat, mask turning to look over his shoulder.
Normally, the only sight one would catch of the old soldier's optic sensors was gleams behind the eye-slits.
Nothing blinding, just enough to give an idea of where his attention found itself directed.
In the eyeslit with a view on Muir, six of the seven had bunched up and blazed his attention like a fresh halogen flashlight.
This went for all of five slow seconds.
Then he'd continued on his merry way.

The gun for-hire would weigh the pouch in hand, but that seemed all the verification he needed.
"No need for that. Your word's good.
If it didn't set a bad precedent, I'd have waived the coin for this one."
Put one job on the house, let word get out, and everybody would have a sob story.
He couldn't help many people if he fell apart, and finding acceptable parts for older chassis was not cheap.
Also, he couldn't help everyone...

"You heard Ecto. Gettin' the next job lined up, maybe.
Pleasure doin' business, as always.
I'll leave somethin' for if he gets too payback-hungry."
Since everyone seemed satisfied, the time had come to get underway.
O TARGET COMFORT SIGNALS ABSENT. ABNORMAL HEAT LEVELS? FURTHER DATA REQUIRED.
A touch to his mask's forehead, and he'd stow his payment and turn to leave.
At the door, he'd slip a note on the side-table.
Clockson was at the Green when the kitchen got poisoned.
He doesn't remember you stationed there.

Door shut behind them, this was the part where many organics would stop and take a breath.
He still stopped, mostly for Sam to catch the alley-breeze.
Voice projecting a little uncertainty, iron-masked Clockson looked from synth to human companion.
"...Still unfamiliar with the Guild. This tavern you mention on the grounds?
Lead the way."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Though the elven cyborg had left the building, fire still danced at Terin's fingertips.
He was still muttering, had seldom stopped at any point in their brief conversation.
In a way, it seemed as though the monoptic elf was always talking to somebody.
Even if those somebodies didn't have bodies of their own
Sometimes it was harmless chatter from the other side, pleas for delivery of a final message, that sort of thing.
Other times, it was drowning out things even he would rather not hear with mundane noise.
Higher powers didn't bother keeping many secrets from the dead, and some of those didn't translate to mortal brain functions.
Those never left him with less than a splitting headache, and worse, took a while to forget.

As usual, Amaris' shabby cousin was a few seconds behind the current topic.
"Yes. Sam. Don't mind Sam. Won't be in your way.
Working on that 'proportional response' thing he keeps yelling about."
There may or may not have been a certain deserved reputation attached to Terin al'Byar.
This possible reputation may or may not have been compared to certain pyromaniacal stereotypes.
The important thing was that nobody had been in the building when it burnt to cinders.
Nobody but the undead, anyway.
People always made vampires out to be so hard to kill, for some reason...

The arcanist looked over her shoulder, nodded to their uncle, and to Amaris, once his gaze switched faces.
"Explains why he wants me along.
That's bad business. It's going to go wrong fast.
Everywhere I go, it's all anybody can talk about, otherside.
Something about evil moonchildren and soaring deer and oh gods the end is come, blah, blah, blaaaah."
A pause, as before, to take another dram of maybe-paint-thinner.
"Anyway, won't burn Sam this time."  

BhelliomBlue-Rose
Vice Captain

Militant Bibliophile

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:14 pm
Posting tomorrow  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:57 am
Zion watched Odile leave, her electric current dying down on her skin.
Suddenly, a small crowd has encompassed her, flanking all of her sides.
A man much larger than her, the one she had noted from earlier in her travels, was standing in front of her.
He loomed over her in height, pointing a finger into her face.

"Mischief?" She said, gaze slowly rolling from his finger to meet Master Fox's eyes.
"And who do you propose that I'm fighting?"

Zion briskly motioned around with a flick of her dainty hand, there was no active enemy in sight.
Her eyebrow arched in question, face withdrawn of excitement or worry.
She didn't like having so many eyes on her.
And having this guy blow up in her face wasn't making things any better.

"I'm sure there's plenty of fights elsewhere that need your attention.
This place isn't one of them," She said.
Zion attempted to brush past the man and excuse herself back to the bar.  

lovebrookelyn

Heart Hunter

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:02 pm
The Assassin of Chaos

Sam stopped outside the doorway, and took a deep breathe as expected.
His chest rose high and then fell neatly into place as he soaked up that good ol' oxygen.
He was still hot, but he'd would ignore that for now.
Sometimes, he was just a hot dude. wink
KA-CHOW.

Anyways, he gestured for his synthetic acquaintances to follow him with a hand wave, and then strode forward.
"Aye, yeah the tavern.
It's probably going to be a bit crowded, but hopefully not too bad.
Hopefully at least loud enough that leaning ears can't hear a most of our sentences. Not that we'll be saying anything particularly sensitive...
Ami is either in there or in the gardens by now, and is probably drinking lavender lemon tea. Such is her favorite."

The way back seemed a longer trip than before.
But that was just usually the way things went when you anticipated going back to a familiar destination.
"Oye, before we get there though, I suppose I should inform you both of some things first, and also maybe ask a question or two."
He'd slow his pace and matched his steps with the synthetics.

"First, as I might've mentioned before, Ami and I are going on the quest for the spirit and the elf.
Two, let me remind you that even if you're not a spiritual sort of person and you don't care what happens to all life on earth, then you should think of the huge heaping pile of solid gold that'll be sitting on your lap should we deliver the elf and the spirit.
Third, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I chose the two of you because I think you look like you've had a lot of experience as fighters. That's kind of exactly what Ami wants.
Fourth, NEVER call her Ami to her face. She won't kill you or harm you for it,
but she will grimace. It's adorable. But as her loyal friend, I must ask that you don't do it."

Now that he was no longer under the judging eyes of the church priest, Sam went back to being himself. He was still feeling awkward with these robots, but he was brushing past it like a true extrovert.
And with their chatting, it made the journey back seem significantly shorter.
Before they knew it, after the synths had answered of course, they would be back in the midsts of the hustle and bustle of the crowd at the Guild.

Sam would weave his way through the crowd, just as he did before. Though this time he was especially mindful of the smaller, shorter folk.
And luckily, there wasn't any trouble.
The only thing interesting to pass them by was an Odile, the half synthetic covered in flammable liquids, as she headed back towards her tent....
Sam would glance at her as she passed by, but wouldn't acknowledge her.
But for a moment, he clearly stiffened up a bit as she too, ignored him as she made her way.

--------------------------------------------

"Yeah...", Amaris's voice trailed off, as she remembered the last time her cousin and Sam had crossed paths.
Long story short, she'd decided to not let Sam near her family again.
It was embarrassing, and that was due to both Sam AND her family.
"Errr, yeah you guys...Just try to get a long okay?
I really would like to avoid a repeat of last time."

Wait.
Where was her lavender lemon tea???
Ah yes, still in her hand somehow, carefully balanced between her fingers with her arms crossed.
It'd cooled to the point where it was much less satisfying to drink, but still she uncrossed her arms and took another sip of it anyways.
It was the only thing that helped her relax as she began to slowly realize the pot of chaos she was brewing by letting her cousin join Sam and her on her mission.

She sighed after her sip.
Looking still at the young synth and the accusing Guild, she spoke to her cousin.
"I'm aware though, of the dangers.
Spirits whisper similar things, though in a less comprehensible fashion.
All I can understand so far is that they seem both excited, terrified and more active than usual..."

While most spirits could speak mortal tongue, they more often whispered in their own, unknown language to each other. Bystanders like Amaris, who'd attempted study of their language, could only pick up bits and pieces.
So while the context of their conversations were often a mystery to her, their emotions were at least easy enough to read.

"But...It's been a while since I've done a job, and this seems important. Something actually worthwhile to put my time in.
Plus, something is urging me to take part in all this, I can't really explain it.
Sam said he felt the same when I asked him too."

Being a very spiritual person, Amaris believed that maybe there was something mythical behind her feeling this. Maybe, just maybe, this was one of her callings.

------------------------

Master Fox's finger lowered, his eyes narrowing with suspicion.
"Hmmm...Nobody now I suppose.
But...my guts telling me that something unruly was going on here."
His eyes then darted around the room, looking for minor detail. Anything that might give him a hint as to what happened here.

As Zion tried to brush past him, his arm shot up and stopped her from walking by.
"There's a puddle of..." He sniffed the air, "turpentine and gasoline. A common synthetic choice of drink."
His eyes trailed across the dining hall.
"There's droplets trailing out through the doors here.
As IF someone may have, oh I don't know, thrown their drink in someone's face."
His gaze turned to Zion, his expression now stoic.
"I'm letting you off this time young lady.
Because unfortunately for me your damn right.
There are other fights that require more of my attention right now.
But watch yourself.
Or I swear to gods..."
He huffed and let his arm down, letting Zion be on her way.
Once she'd walk past him, the guildmaster would wander off and quickly vanish in the crowd.....

This would now be Amaris's opening.
She'd wave for her cousin to follow her, and then sit herself beside ZIon, in Odile's old spot.
The skilled assassin looked like a homeless person at present, but she hoped that perhaps appearance wouldn't deter the potential ally.
"That was brave." She'd say quietly.
"Standing up to Fox like that.
He usually knocks people out for that..."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:10 pm
Was that a synths covered in flammable liquids? That's just asking for trouble.
At least he had the decency to just use the Engine for that kind of thing.
The human seemed to know her.
"I do hope that isn't the friend we're going to meet... Ami, was it?" he mused, following the synth's retreat with his single ocular.
"She seems a bit bothered."  

The Assassin of Chaos
Crew

Perfect Garbage

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

lovebrookelyn

Heart Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:26 am
(I hope it's okay for my to reply, like there will be an announcement or something when we have to wait turns, idk. Tomorrow is my cat's birthday party so I'm trying to reply while I remember to.)

Zion had ordered another drink, this time the beverage was a deep rich purple.
The mug bubbled and fizzled, spitting off white fog.
Zion's face was stoney, at first she didn't even look over at the people/person next to her.
She had a gut feeling that after an encounter like that, other might approach her.
Stifling a grimace, she took a moment of repose to sip at her drink and clear her expression

"I wouldn't consider it bravery," Zion sighed.
"He's just trying to keep balance. That's admirable."

Her gaze focused in on the cup in the hands, watching the individual bubbles slide up the walls of the mug.
It was then that she noticed the tiny rainbows catching in the light of each other the bubbles.
Even the surface of the drink, when the fog was blown away, had a sheen colorful reflection.
Her mechanical eyes fixated on this, shifting to zoom in on the colors.
For a moment, her bitter expression faded away, replaced by a blank one.
But, if one was trained to look for it, a small bit of curiosity could be seen for a flickering moment.
Zion drew her hand back from the cup, tapping her foot twice.
To some, it may have appeared as impatience, but there was another purpose in mind.

Memory saved.
Would you like to title this Memory?
Y/N

B U B B L E S

Memory Saved as "Bubbles"

Zion had her quirks.
But her naivety in the world and its small wonders was a large part of her personality, though not apparent to those around her.
She looked up from her mug to make eye contact with Amaris, her expression returning to her normal begrudging look.
She looked over the woman, running a quick scan and body language.

Friendly Interaction.

Most of all, Zion speculated what Amaris wanted and what was in the tea cup of hers.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:00 pm
(You're right, Brook. Don't apologize for that one.
Also, cat birthday party? That sounds like more fun than it has any right being.)

The back of one hand went to the top of his 'forehead' in feigned shock.
"She gets adorable? Can't have that.
We'll do as needs must, to preserve her dignity."
It lowered and a fist clenched just below the 'chin'.
Voice still calm and friendly, It was up to body language and gestures to indicate humor.
There were a few downsides to having a mask for a face.
Whatever opinions he held on the job were for when he actually got the details.
Gold was useful, sure, but jumping into a job blind didn't work out so well.

Clockson would wave to Odile as they passed one another.
In contrast to much of the guild, they had managed to remain almost friendly through their history.
Sure, she'd attempted to leash him that one time, but he'd managed to persuade her otherwise through sweet reason( and/or bullets).
DATA CORRUPTED. DE-FRAGMENTATION SET TO TASK LIST.
He didn't hold any strong opinions on the cyborg, really.

"Nah, that's Odile. She's only trouble if you catch her in the wrong mood."
Keeping an optic on her until the crowd swallowed her form, he turned back to Ecto.
"...And that was probably the wrong mood, right there.
So steer clear, hear?"

Still muttering, his part of the conversation took a moment to catch up.
Much of it barely made noise anyway, before he spoke to someone living.
"Yes. This time will be different."
It sometimes seemed that Terin wasn't listening to people when they talked.
This wasn't remotely true, but there was only so much attention to go around.
He moved through a world of conversation, and filtering it took concentration.

"Gonna be a mess.
...Gives a chance to test out some of the components, though."
He didn't know much of the spirits to which his cousin listened.
From what she'd told him, that was for the best: he made them nervous sometimes.
The necromancer(classic translation: one who converses with the dead) wasn't too comfortable with them himself.
All the same...

The he-elf's musing was interrupted by motion from Amaris.
In sharp contrast to her assassin's grace, the pyromancer moved rather more spiderlike.
An awkward tangle of limbs later, and he'd unfolded himself from the booth.
He'd picked up a limp since they'd last met, and now walked with an intricately carved cane.
Drink in the other hand, he eased himself onto another stool at the bar.
If the other moon elf looked a hobo, he looked a rag pile, though mostly burnt-smelling, rather than rancid like one would actually smell.
For now, he wouldn't greet their prospective ally, continuing to mutter to nobody visible...  

BhelliomBlue-Rose
Vice Captain

Militant Bibliophile

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:35 am
The Assassin of Chaos

The night elf brushed off what her cousin had said, as she was only half listening herself at this point as she focused on the girl before them. For an assassin, Amaris was a very empathetic person. She was good at picking up the emotions of people around her, which sometimes made her feel like crap when she was slitting their throats. But to be honest, during her work it didn't affect her as much. Usually the people she killed deserved to die....
From what she believed, anyways.

Momentarily, Amaris was entranced by the bubbles herself as she noticed the same thing. The gross sludge, for a moment, turned into something beautiful.
When the girl looked back at her though, Amaris quickly refocused and returned her gaze to meet Ecto's.

"I'll be honest, I didn't come up here to just applaud you for standing up to Master Fox and Odile.
My name's Amaris, and behind me is my cousin Terin.
We're currently taking up on a big mission and looking for recruits.
If you're interested, I'd like to see if you'd want to join us?"

It was an unusual risk for her to recruit someone she barely knew, but to be honest she was desperate. The girl, from an outward appearance, did some capable of handling herself though and she must've had some experience in the field if she was that confident.

---------------

Sam glanced backwards at his synthetic companions.
One apparently had met Odile, and he thought that rather unfortunate.
The other hadn't appeared to have even heard of the synth hybrid, which meant he'd soon know about her.
Because most people did, whether they liked it or not.
She often the topic of discussion for scholars in their libraries, or whenever scholars hung out, Sam didn't know.

Clockson thankfully answered the other robots question for him.
From Sam's point of view, Clockson was mostly right. If you found Odile in a good mood, she was almost even enjoyable to be around. The trick about it was though, you never really knew when she was in a good mood...
He decided to leave the conversation at that though.
This wasn't the time or place to talk s**t about Odile.
Especially when he probably still had a chance at winning her back.
Maybe later though.

Anyways, he continued to guide them through the crowd and without intention, followed the trail of gasoline that Odile had left behind her.
When they arrived at the cafeteria area, he scanned the area., looking for a dark elf with bed hair.
It would take him a moment, since there were a few other unruly looking night elves in the cafeteria. But as soon as he saw what he was pretty sure was HIS DAMN TUNIC, he knew it was her.
Having been friends for over 2 decades, he still got bothered when she borrowed his clothing.

"THAT my friend, is Amaris." He'd say to the both of his followers, as he pointed a finger at him.
"And...holy ********, that's her ********' fire cousin sitting next to her?
The hell is he doin' here?"

He took a second more to observe the situation, because obviously Ami was up to something here.
Oh, and look at that, she was talking to some kind of young girl.
Another recruit?
"Let's go introduce ourselves." He beamed, suddenly smiling as he excitedly pushed his way through the crowd.

"AMARISSS.
I FOUND YOUUU!!""" He sung in the air, uncaring of the glances he was now receiving around the room.

"Oh great goddess...", Amaris sighed under her breathe as she shrunk inwards on herself.
"Uhm, that's Sam." She'd whisper to Zion.
"My other fighting companion."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:25 pm
The Assassin of Chaos

BhelliomBlue-Rose

lovebrookelyn

Hellooooooooooo crying  

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

The Assassin of Chaos
Crew

Perfect Garbage

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:34 pm
"Damn shame... she looked interesting," Ecto mused, watching the trail briefly before following the other two.

"Is that a bad thing? Fire can be useful. Just, ah... not always constructive," the AI noted briefly. Might as well start logging these guys' interactions for now, if he was sticking around too...

(i posted but apparently did not post y)  
Somewhere Under Heaven RPG (active)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff