Reply Archives
{ORP}It's a Celebration! {Hatching Feast} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:57 pm
((Welcome to the hatching feast! Congrats new weyrlings! Remember no drinking or rollin' in the hay! Doing so risks the life of your dragon.))

The hatching had lasted a couple of hours, then all the babies had been stuffed full, and given their first bath and oiling. After which they'd been tucked into bed. From the first sign of dragons song, the kitchens of Fort Weyr had shifted into over drive to prepare the feast for the new dragons and their riders. Several herdbeasts and wherries roasted whole, soups both hot and cold, dishes of tubers and greens, and sweets graced the tables set up outside for the occasion. One table set aside for alcoholic drinks that weyrlings were not to touch.

The feast began shortly after the sunset. Torches were lit to provide lighting. M'li and Starelth were there to present each new weyrling with their new knots. She smiled proudly as each new pair approached, congratulated them, and placed their knots. After the last knots had been placed, M'li stepped up onto a constructed stage that would in a few moments hold the harpers.

"Welcome everyone. We are here to rejoice in eight new weyrlings! Today has been your day, and so tonight is yours as well. Enjoy the feast and the new bond that has been graced upon you by your dragon. Treasure them, for they are your other half. Mingle with your fellow riders and have fun tonight."

"Weyrlings, a few rules you must be aware of before we get started. No alcohol. Period. The table it clearly marked, so avoid it. You will also be restricted from sexual encounters until your dragon is old enough. Doing either of these puts your dragon at risk of death. We had eight healthy hatchlings, lets keep it that. Without further ado, let the feast begin!" She stepped down to the harpers could begin to take their places.

(Feel free to come up and talk with M'li/Starelth if you want. ^_^ )  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 am
Aessa, or rather, A'sa as her dragon had so lovingly nicknamed her, smiled weakly as she set down at the table. Would being so near the center of attention ever end? She shivered for a moment in her seat, hands comfortable wrapped around a hot glass of leaf soup. Tea, some called it, but without sugar to sweeten the deal, it may as well be leaf soup!

She had taken her turn to receive her knots, and she was excited to relax, now that her Dismath - HERS - had calmed from the day some.

Hers and wonderful. Just the best of them all.

She glanced about to see where eyes lay, and where her dragon perched, and tried to make herself look smaller against the table. The blue behind her probably didn't help her case, as he became insistant that she get up and move about.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:29 pm
"Well well well, look at the proud mother!" V' sauntered up beside M'li and gave her usual greeting of an elbow to the ribs, but not too hard because she was holding her mug of beer in that hand. "How're you feeling?" she asked after a swig of her drink, making a gesture to the crowd with it as she spoke. "Wish I could see into all their heads don't you? Though I can guess what the weyrlings are thinking, remember our feast like it was yesterday." Course theirs had felt like a funeral compared to this, people had seen it like the death of the last hope rather than the birth of new hope. Who'd really believed in them back then? They hadn't even known what to expect themselves.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:47 am
Demanthra had gotten her new knots, feeling so proud that she had finally impressed to her own dragon. Her green was staying close as she got some food, looking over all those who were there. She did feel Darath try to inch closer to some of her clutchsibs, which caused her to smile.

"You know, you could go spend time with them,"she whispered.

Maybe they are busy, I wouldn't want to disturb them,she answered her rider.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:23 am
A'sa couldn't help smiling at her dragon's poking, but tried to decline his invitation. Her attempt was solidly foiled when his muzzle pulled at her jacket and yanked her out of her seat. Asa felt like a chided wher as she was dragged away from her bench, staring at the sky and her dragon's flank. ~HAHA!~ came a familiar voice, on full broadcast. ~Villain, I have captured you!~ A'sa oofed as a claw was settled upon her chest, staring up at the mottled hide above her. "Wha-... Now?" ~Well, of course, now! When better? They told us to have fun, A'sa-mine! OOH! I should get my siblings involved.~ His glance fell first on Darath and he bounded over. ~Hey! Hey Darath, come play stories with me! A'sa-mine is a trained wher who's also a villain!~

A'sa glanced about, expecting there to be eyes upon her, and rolled to make her way over to her Dismath. "Can we do this when there are... you know... less people watching, Dismath?" ~What? NO! You're already captured, A'sa-mine. Lay back down while I find out who wants to play!~  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:57 pm
M'li/ Green Starelth
M'li blushed as V' found her right after the speech. "Hoping I didn't make a fool of myself up there," she laughed. She was grateful the poke to her ribs wasn't too hard. She wanted to go dancing tonight! The woman laughed, "no thank you. They are probably moping they won't be able to roll in the furs for awhile or no alcohol. Either that or they are completely besotted and can't think of anything else besides their dragon." Her smile was soft and fond though. She was so happy her and Starelth could provide them with their perfect matches.

"Do you think the two clutches will do well raised together?" She commented, noting at least one from Lith's clutch mingling. The first green's clutch was only 5 months old. "C'mon! I want to get something to eat before the dancing really starts!" M'li grabbed V's arm enthusiastically. Starelth found herself a perch where she could contentedly watch the festivities.

L'yan/ Bronze Washawath
L'yan slowly walked to the party. So much had changed in those 5 months. The first time he'd seen a hatching he'd been sitting on those very stands, until a voice had summoned him and the hatchling the voice belonged to came to fetch him. The second time he'd been on those same stands, but with his young dragon at his side.

The lad rested a hand on the dark bronze head as Washawath stood beside him. There had been less than a full hand of baby dragons running around this morning. Now there was twice as many new dragons and riders. He was hoping to meet and make connections with the new riders. He'd never gotten to know the candidates as he'd never been one. Would you like to get something to eat? Washawath asked.

Candidate Turanves
Turanves had only come for the feast. Again he'd been left standing alone on the sands at the end. Even though there had been more eggs this time. He glumly filled up a plate and found a spot at a table to eat. Turanves carefully kept his eyes down so he didn't have to see the new dragons that weren't his.

F'ked/ Blue Lerenth
F'ked strolled down to the feast. He listened to the pre-Feast speech with a smile. I remember when... He spotted V' with the rider of the other green and grinned. He waved to the women and went to get a glass of wine.

It is good to see so many youngsters running around. He was pleased to see Washawath at the feast too. Hopefully the others would come too. They were noticeably larger than the newly hatched dragons, but not too big yet.

((All my kids are open for interactions!!))  

magnadearel

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:11 pm
Nas'an of Bronze Bamoselth // new weyrlings

The girl formerly known as Nashanna went through the motions of caring for her dragon. Bamoselth relished the determination she used to feed, bathe, and oil him, but at the end of it all, he succomed to sleep like the rest of his siblings.

With her thoughts to herself, she could hardly believe what had happened in the last several candlemarks. Everything had been totally wrong. She bonded to the dragon that had annoyed her the most. She did not know what was more bizarre, the feeling of adoration he gave her (wrapped in a slimy sense of self-importance) or her reciprocating and blossoming love for him. The fact that she had Impressed to a Bronze only confused her. Shouldn't a strong leader Impress a Bronze? She could see how he might be a good leader someday. His charisma was very strong. And with the right rider he could be inspiring as well. But she did not see the strength in herself. All of it made her feel very tired.

At the feast she watched as her new classmates were given their new knots. Her own knots made her almost vibrate with excitement she knew not what to do with. But before she could decide on a way to work it off, her siblings came to congratulate her. Chelle had not Impressed, and the unspoken sadness was something a friend or family member would recognize in them right away. She hugged Chelle and held them tight. When she let go, Al'zan, a recently graduated Bronzerider, gave her a big bear hug and spun her around.

"We are so proud of you, Nassah! A bronzerider! I can't wait until we can all fly together. What's your new elided name? Or are you keeping your name? You can do that, you know."

"No. I'm changing it. To Nas'an." Naas-ahn. "The reason for shortening it is a practical one."

Nas'an stayed with her family at the dinner table, but she sat with a stranger to one side. She kept to herself and spoke little.

((That stranger could be anyone who wants to meet a female bronzerider. xP ))

Chellemana // still a candidate

After congratulating their sister, Chelle sat near but not next to their siblings. They really felt like the odd one out, and a little gloomy besides. They were happy for their sister but it still hurt to be left alone on the Sands. Why had green-yellow died? No dragon mourned their passing. With a sigh they pointed to a spot next to another gloomy looking Candidate. "Mind if I sit here?"

((Tag to Turanves or any other sad Candidate. Misery loves company right? ))

Rothgar // still a candidate

Rothgar had been a candidate for long enough that he held no expectation about Impressing. Sure, he wanted to and it hurt deeply to fail to Impress once again, but he had a craft to hang back on. That interest brought him out to the barn. His llama friend was out in the pasture so he left it there. But he asked a stablehand if any runners needed brushing. The stroking motion and reveal of shiny, silky fur from dull and dusty coat was a balm for his worries. He was happy with this other critter's affection. Then, his dog came inside to greet him and that really made his day.

(( I doubt anyone would want to go to the barn, but he is there for now and available for interaction. Later he'll join the feast. ))

(( Gonna wait on my healer for now))

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:03 pm
A'sa stifled a groan at her dragon's antics as he bounced around, and flopped on the ground again, careful to keep her knots out of the sand while trying to hide herself out of sight there. ~I'm... Really pretty sure we're not supposed to play this kind of game here... now...~

~Oh, they don't mind, right mama?~ He peered up at his mother with a little coo, then skipped the 'wait for a response' part to bound over to a couple of the depressed looking candidates. ~Come! I've found your wher that escaped!~ The whelp tugged at their robes or gingerly gripped their wrists to try and drag them into the game ~Oh, A'sa-mine's not really a wher, just for the story, promise.~

(Dismath is specifically tugging on Chelle and Tuaranves, but would be trying to get other new weyrlings involved as well. Dismath is also specifically asking Starelth a question)  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:47 pm
Darath looked over to her blue brother, who seemed keen on playing a game. Would their mother mind them playing pretend like that, she wondered. She looked between Dismath, their mother, and Demanthra. It did look like a little fun, but there was a lot of eyes on them.

There are a lot of people watching, brother. Maybe we should wait until later,she suggested back.  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:40 pm
M'li/ Green Starelth
M'li kept an eye out as the festivities started to swing into action slowly. She knew the weyr would party all night long. She filled a plate and kept a happy eye on the new hatchlings. Some were settling in quite well. M'li found an open spot to set her plate and set to work eating quickly but neatly.

Starelth turned her head in the direction of her youngster's call. Not everyone might want to play dear Dismath. A hatching can be hard on the little humans that don't have a dragon at the end. If the human is willing though, then you are free to play as long as you don't get too rambunctious. And don't get underfoot.

L'yan/ Bronze Washawath
L'yan watched as one of the blues went around trying to get others involved in whatever it was he had going on. Weird, he thought to Washawath. The bronze was content to sit and watch. Why don't you go join them? That one bronze is other there. His muzzle pointed toward Nas'an and Bamoselth. Right. Thanks, L'yan patted Washawath's head and strolled over to the new bronzerider pair. "Can I sit here?" He asked her gesturing at a spot across the table from her.

Candidate Turanves
Turanves glanced up as another candidate asked to sit nearby. Someone else found unworthy. He gave a nod of acceptance. As much as he would have preferred to be alone, he couldn't stop someone from sitting next to him. At least it wasn't one of those new riders. He should look at it that way. There had been two bronzes there. Why hadn't he Impressed to one? Pah.

He startled with surprise as one of the blues, apparently it was the story-telling one decided to join them. Turan coughed awkwardly. "Uh sorry. I actually came here to get a dragon. Not a wher." He glanced at Chella.

F'ked/ Blue Lerenth
F'ked mingled among the party goers. As he passed the new riders, he offered his congratulations. The little blue seemed ready to continue his stories after his nap. His rider was going to have a fun time with him.

Melomar
Turanves to Chellemana
L'yan to Nas'an

Ruhane Chiisai
Starelth to Dismath

magnadearel

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:28 am
"Na, you were fine," V' replied with a shake of her head and a slight gesture with her mug, which she then took a satisfied swig from. "No alcohol for months was no fun, glad that's well over with now." It'd been worth it of course, that went without saying, and it was the deep meaningful sort of thing that V' avoided talking about so it was definitely for the best that it went without saying.

"Guess they might combine some lessons, it'd make sense," V' continued with a thoughtful glance over the newly shelled dragons as she allowed M'li to drag her towards the food. "Suppose they'll have to change how they manage weyrlinghood now, if we're going to be looking at smaller clutches but laid more often." There was a lot of stuff the Weyr would need to change now, in her opinion anyway.

Once they'd filled their plates V' plonked herself down beside her clutchmate and took a big bite out of a fowl leg and then waved it at the Weyrleaders, who were some way off glad-handing with visiting fancy Holders. "What do you think then?" she asked, softly and ambiguously.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:33 am
Chellemana, n, Candidate

Chelle made it easy on Turanves and did not speak. It was enough to get that recognition and connection of just sitting in comfortable silence. That was, until the little blue tugged at their robes. The young Candidate recalled that this one had broadcast a story to everyone in range during the Hatching. At the time, Chellemana had not paid much attention on account of wanting to Impress. Now there was nothing more pressing to think about than his insistence that they join him.

Turanves' denial was almost echoed by Chelle, until they realized that the "wher" in question was the dragon's rider. "Well. I suppose it couldn't hurt to play a little." They flashed a complicated smile at their fellow Candidate and followed Dismath. "My wher, eh?" they asked of the tiny Blue, allowing him to drag them off toward A'sa. "Thank you for finding, er, her, for me."

(( For Turanves, A'sa and Dismath. He's so cute! <3 ))

Nas'an and Bamoselth, f and m, new Weyrlings

Nas'an-mine, your Bamoselth requires more nourishment. Feed me some from your plate. Bamoselth opened his maw wide to give her ample space not to miss.

"Do you know how much you ate earlier? It was nearly half your weight in meat." Without thinking she was already reaching for the roasted wherry on her plate, despite her protest.

Yes but that cooked meat looks and smells delicious. I require a taste. Let it never be said that he was drooling. Even so, it was for emphasis, of course.

Nas'an sighed as a large piece of breast meat disappeared. There would be seconds for this one. How could Bamoselth possibly eat so soon? She looked up when she heard a male voice ask permission to sit down. "Yes, of course," she said, and noticing his knots and the dragon besides, added, "fellow Bronzerider. I'm Nas'an, by the way." She knew that she should try to get to know people, but if he was not inclined to start a conversation, she would not either.

Bamoselth eyed Washawath appreciatively. When I am your age, I will be bigger, he stated matter-of-factly. Then, because it was probably expected of him, and because everyone should know him, he added, I am Bamoselth.

((For L'yan and Washawath.))

M'deck and Verath, m and f, new Weyrlings

The young Healer-become-Weyrling appeared with Verath after her long nap. C'vi was not with him but he hoped he would make an appearance later. Personally, he knew not what to do with himself, and though he would rather "celebrate" alone with a book, he went straight for the food tables.

While he filled his plate, the little green piped up: Dismath is playing a fun game. Do you want to play too? she asked hopefully, though she knew his likely answer.

"No, but if you want to play with him then I will watch," he replied with a little smile. He wondered how she and Silvie would get along. Both were toddlers; he hoped they would play with each other once they met.

Okay, she answered dubiously. You really will watch?

"Yes, I will." He looked around the table and made sure he had everything on his plate that he wanted, then moved off to the side. "See, right from here, I have a perfect view.

Yay! Verath bounded over to where her brother, his rider, and a...girl...? were playing. This looks fun, brother. Can I play? Please, Dismath?

(( For Dismath, A'sa, and Chelle (and whomever else is playing), and anyone near the food tables who might want to talk with a new Weyrling or Healer. ))  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:40 pm
Dismath was positively vibrating with excitement. MORE! MORE FOR HIS GAMES! FOR HIS STORIES! Yes! It showed in his step, too, as he bounced back towards Asa, wings out just enough to catch the air and make his jump that much more impressive, almost a leap, even!

~Yes, I have found her for you! Found and captured, too!~ He bounded towards his rider, trying to bury herself in sand one small handful at a time and thinking quietly of all the things she wanted to organize right now. ~A'sa-mine, don't hide yourself! The poofy human farm-runners won't be able to find you and be upset about all those wherry-meals you ate from them, right Verath?~

A'sa felt her breath catch and glanced over at the lords in their own interactions. ~Dismath, be nice! Don't-... Don't... call people poofy!~

~But they're wearing poofy clothes! Besides, they don't mind, right?~ Dismath's mottled head raised to the Holders in their fancy clothes with his broadcast. As if permission was a granted, he dropped that same head almost immediately and picked his rider up by her robes and shook then to disbar some of the sand.

(To-... Er... whoever. Everybody!)  
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:15 am
N'ka of Bronze Swouth

Swouth was asleep. It had taken a lot of work. The bronze had absolutely zero interest in the celebration of his hatching. After his first feeding and oiling the dragon had been tired enough to have a brief nap. Then had awoken intent on finding all the specimens in the Weyr. N'ka had tried to wrangle the dragon, but it was no use. Swouth was single-minded and finding specimens was all he really cared about. Thankfully the energy bursts of a newborn dragon are short lived and running about the barracks had quickly tired him out again. Convincing him that rest and nourishment were necessary to ensure correct recording of his specimens was much easier than convincing him to go to the celebration.

Honestly N'ka would have preferred to stay hiding in the barracks with his dragon, but etiquette dictated that he make an appearance. The whole situation was to celebrate Swouth and his siblings after all. Not appearing would be rude. So once N'ka was confident that his dragon was sleeping deeply enough, he made himself presentable and made his way to the feast. Stay a while, make sure he was seen, then he could flee back to the barracks and the safety of areas not so crowded.

(N'ka open to any and all interactions.)
-----------------------------

Sh'shi of Brown Fiskerath - Weyrlingmaster

Three classes at once. What new insanity was this? How long until another one of Malsalth's daughters clutched and she had another new class on her hands? Sh'shi didn't like change. True the nature of weyrlings was change, but within a predictable system. This new set-up was not one she liked the look of. Going from classes of twenty or thirty to classes of half a dozen spaced only a few months apart? There wasn't enough time in the day, nor enough assistants she deemed capable, to hold each classes lessons. Something would have to be done, but send it all between if she had time to think about it.

Wrangling the twenty or so Weyrlings she had wasn't new. Having them divvied up this way was. Sh'shi was on the prowl for inappropriate behaviour. Spying a likely candidate she swept up near M'li and V'. Looking at V's mug she raised a sceptical eyebrow. "Your green might be full grown, young lady, but you are still a Weyrling. Restrain yourself. ...As best you can." They might be allowed alcohol now their dragons were old enough to handle such things, but Sh'shi had no desire to be getting reports of Weyrlings vomiting of the edges of their ledges. At least it wouldn't be in the barracks. Perhaps she might have been more forceful on another group, but considering the circumstances, allowing the older Weyrlings to indulge to a reasonable level could be excused.

Turning her attention to M'li the older woman gave what was as close to a smile as people knew Sh'shi to give. "Congratulations, M'li, on a successful hatching. Starelth did well, but then she always does." The green wasn't top of her class, but she was reliable. Sh'shi valued that. Reliable greens built strong wings, and that was what they needed right now.

TawnyAngel

magnadearel

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:10 pm
F'rell mused on the fact he almost walked away dragonless, he almost spent another hatching feast drinking, eating, pretending to be happy for the other candidates, then he looked at his Tininth and it felt like his heart was going to burst he was so happy. He'd spent the whole time trying not to keep his eyes off her while he fed and oiled her, he almost cut his thumb while cutting up meat for her into smaller chunks, she struggled slightly with her oversized teeth, the meat tended to fall out while she was chewing, however what she did chew, was chewed powerfully.

He laughed, waking her up, at the thought that he could be so lucky, she was the best dragon on Pern. "Mine? F'rell? what is it?" she asked, suddenly alert

"Don't worry love, my light, but it is time to get up, we're to go to a feast" he told her, feeling practically drunk on love as he could finally attend a feast with a dragon by his side, the BEST dragon ever.

"Oh, another adventure! we can meet everyone on our team now!" she perked up, suddenly ready to get going and gone, she had to wait though, while F'rell got dressed up in his best, she'd tried to help but ended up tearing the first outfit he'd chosen. "We are going to be late F'rell!!!" she whined,

"okay okay" he chuckled "but better to make a good impression" he added, finally thinking he looked well enough. He sighed.... but with a smile. Yes... good enough, he was... he was good enough... Tininth had chosen him. He closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath before turning and heading to the feast.

Tininth, bouncing ahead, went straight to Starelth, churring and headbumping her mother in pure joy, no words seemed to be needed, she paused while F'rell went to M'li

F'rell bowed low, respectfully, suddenly at a loss of words, how could he thank this woman, and her dragon, for giving him Tininth.... his mouth was dry and just a squeak came out as Tininth danced on the spot, eager to run and mingle with the other dragons and her siblings.

magnadearel
for M'li/Starelth mentioning

Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas