Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Moved] Empty Weyrs & Scattered Wings

Back to Guilds

AU Non-canon Pern RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragon, Firelizard, Wher, Impression 

Reply Archives
[PRP] A new familiar face ( D'io and V' )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:07 pm
A new day, a new familiar face. Today would be the first day a certain Weyrling would begin tailing Weyrsecond D'io. It was his first tail since transferring over from Benden. The goal was to give the Weyrling hands-on experience in day-to-day schedule of a rider with their fullgrown dragon. Someone with ranking like D'io had even more work to do. Even though it would mean more work for him, it was a pretty straightforward setup and D'io liked the idea. So he had volunteered. In doing so, through the Weyrlingmaster he had come to meet V', whose ambitions were high. He wanted someone like her to have every chance to go as far as she wanted to go.

This morning D'io was washing and oiling his Bronze, Amaryssoth. He had risen before dawn just so he could get a good head start on it. It was not something he wanted V' to participate in. His timing was good; he was just finishing up when she arrived.

TawnyAngel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:12 pm
V' was in an excellent mood, an excellent mood. She hadn't really expected any of the high and mighty to accept her as a tail but lo and behold one had - one of the Weyrseconds even! This was going to be a lot more fun than it would be with almost any other rider in the Weyr.

//I wonder what he'll make of it,// Lithustoth wondered prviately as they glided towards the meeting point, her voice crackling with pent up energy - she felt as though they'd been marking time since she clutched, taking a step forward was a huge relief.

"We'll see, I guess," V' murmured, a little hint of a smirk curving her lips.

Lith sent a feeling of agreement to her rider as she made her final approach and touched down close to Amaryssoth, the bronze was twice her length and many times her weight but she didn't hesitate to pad up beside him and hum a confident greeting. //Good morning Amaryssoth, I hope you're well?// she asked pleasantly.

V' meanwhile freed herself from her straps and slid lightly to the ground, Lith wasn't so tall that she needed her to stoop or offer a leg to climb on and she was always glad of that. Imagine having to wash that much dragon all the time, had to be a real chore.

"Morning Weyrsecond," V' greeted D'io a touch informally, adding a little salute only a couple of moments later. "Got to be honest, I didn't think you'd accept my request - pleased you did though."

Melomar

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:42 pm
Lithustoth approaches with her rider, Amaryssoth thrummed gently. Her markings glow even brighter than rumored, he remarked of the lightning that glowed under her wings. D'io would have to agree, surely.

His rider chuckled and slapped his oil-soft, glinting hide. "And just in time. I am done with you." He hopped down and waited to greet them. Perhaps the first thing V' would notice was how short the Weyrsecond was, even more so next to his Bronze. But that did not slow him down.

The Green did not hesitate to approach and greet the Bronze. I am well, thank you Lithustoth. And yourself?

D'io was quick to break formalities with a grin. "Just D'io is fine. We'll be working together for the next six months, there's no need to be formal. As for your request..." He regarded her quietly for a moment. There were a great many things he wanted to say to her. "I admire your ambition. If you want to reach the top through your own merit then I want to help you. But you'll have to work hard to get there, like I did. It's what I know. So if you want to tail someone else I'll let you go. Up to you."

TawnyAngel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:21 pm
//I am now,// Lithustoth confirmed, a little flare of past-frustration crackling sharply through her voice. //We've been babied long enough,// she added, which probably explained the frustration. //It's time we moved on. High time.//

High time was right, and if D'io wanted to be just D'io that was fine with her! It was also fine with her that he'd raised the topic he had, it kind of stopped her taking the tack she'd been planning to open with - to see if it shocked him or not - but this was nearly as good.

"I've got no problem with hard work, just a shame not everyone has to do it right?" V' said with a wicked grin. "I mean, you grafted all your life to get where you are right? But you have to answer to two riders who were just lucky enough to have won the last senior gold flight in their Weyrs before everyone came here. If Lith had been a gold not a green you'd be answering to me too once I graduated, but funy enough there's been no talk of anything like that. I guess being first to rise and clutch isn't good enough to mark you out as top quality instant leader material if your hide's not shiny." How D'io would react to that V' had no idea, for all she knew she might have cost herself her new mentor in the first half minute of conversation but she couldn't resist speaking her mind - never could.

Melomar

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:09 am
Oho, I hope that we do not disappoint! Amaryssoth replied. He echoed a note of surprise that his rider felt, but they were both up for a challenge.

"Oh my, some heavy politics first thing!" D'io laughed. "Some of us still work hard to reach the top!" he asserted. "Although sometimes grafting may be necessary, I suppose. How they came to their current posts is how it's been done as far back as the Harpers can remember. But I agree with you. Times are changing up North here, and I think you will find that either clutching greens are treated as Queens, or some other method of succession will be discovered. That's why people like you need to come forward. You're the future."

D'io may consider himself by-the-book, but he could see the way things needed to change. The current situation in the North was unprecedented. There was nothing in the "book" that described it. So they needed to make things up as they went along. So be it. It was exciting. "Now as far as I'm concerned," he added in a lower tone, "Lithustoth clutched, so she's a Queen no matter the color of her hide." Was V' up for that kind of responsibility? D'io thought so.

Oh, I think I like her, he told his dragon.

(( I am not especially familiar with what a Weyrsecond does, so if any future derping goes on it's entirely my fault. ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:59 pm
I hope so too, Lithustoth replied without thinking. A moment later she realised how sharp that had come out, winced a little, and added; I'm sure you won't though. Why did she always have to be like that?

Hu.

V' folded her arms over her chest and cocked her head curiously as a crooked smile spread across her face. "Didn't expect to hear you say any of that I've got to admit! I like it though. I like you." So far, that was always subject to change without very much notice until she got to know somebody much better. "I don't think they'll be treating us as queens though, no way." V' shook her head emphatically. "If that was the plan we'd've been pulled aside for extra lessons like golds are, and something would've been said when Lith rose. I think they like things the way they are, if they let us be 'queens' they might have people asking why they were still Weyrleaders." That was how she saw it anyway but she had to admit; "Though I guess it'd be pretty stupid to end up with the chance of switching Weyrleaders every three months." The whole thing with flights was stupid anyway, that was just a bit extra stupid.

"Still!" V' grinned and made a staccato gesture at their surroundings. "What's on the list to do today? I'm sure I can talk heavy politics and tail around after you at the same time."

Melomar
((Tawny: I think you're good! My interpretation is that they're chosen by the Weyrleader to be their 2IC, so as well as leading a wing they'll have other duties supporting them with diplomacy and keeping up to date with the internal goings on of the Weyr. Without Weyrwomen the two Weyrleaders have absorbed those duties too, so it's a bit of a mish-mash of military and domestics at present.

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas