AU Non-canon Pern RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragon, Firelizard, Wher, Impression 

Reply Archives
[flight!] Greener side (Oximath’s maiden flight) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Thaliawen rolled 7 6-sided dice: 1, 5, 5, 1, 6, 1, 1 Total: 20 (7-42)

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:52 pm
C’vi had realized a flight was imminent with the help of his boyfriend and others. The glow from Oximath’s hide had made obvious. He knew it was time before his dragon spoke up. He was scared, and yet when it came down to it, relieved that it’d finally come.

It’ll go beautifully, mine. came Oximath’s instant reassurance. She called to the male dragons in the Weyr. Come, boys! Entertain me this afternoon.

C’vi locked himself away in his weyr. His boyfriend’s dragon was too young.

——

You heard her boys!

Rules:
This is a dice roll game with three rounds
The dragon that matches her roll most closely catches her
Bronzes get one six sided dice, Browns two, blues three
The game ends Tuesday or when the total of Oximath’s roll is made!
Have fun! Rp is not required but it is encouraged!

TawnyAngel rolled 3 6-sided dice: 6, 5, 4 Total: 15 (3-18)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:21 pm
It would be my honour, fair Oximath! Mirath's call was high and sweet, and his voice like the taste of spicecakes and wine as he launched from his ledge in pursuit of the rising green. He was not the very fastest of blues but he was no slouch and as his eyes whirled in shades of violet and indigo he powered forward, intent on his goal.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

TawnyAngel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:27 pm
Only all afternoon? Oximath, I could entertain you all night! Liarth's confident assertion echoed around the Weyr along with the bronze's brassy bugle as he gathered his strength and sprang into the air with powerful wingbeats.

Down below D'lana sighed, pinched the bridge of her nose, and put the stopper into her inkwell; so much for finishing that letter this afternoon. Still, she couldn't help a bit of a smirk as she headed to her door in search of company. Go get her, fly boy.  
The_Muffin_Puppy rolled 3 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 3 Total: 10 (3-18)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:24 pm
If it's an entertaining you seek, my dear Oximath, you need look no further! Chalith launched off his ledge with a whistling trill. The lithe blue was there to get all eyes on him. Which was his focus in every flight he took part in. Whizzing towards the green the blue trilled again. What will be your desire, my darling? A song? The blue rolled elegantly in the air. A dance? Say the word and it will be yours.  

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
Revel1984 rolled 3 6-sided dice: 6, 4, 1 Total: 11 (3-18)

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:26 pm
Zoninth growled low at the other males gathered, he wanted Oximath for himself, he didn't want to share the skies with these..... others...

Oximath, Oximath, don't waste your time with these losers he said, his tone soft, if there was a hint of pleading in there, well it was only because he did think she should choose him and quickly, because who knew what dragon might try and steal her away.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:07 pm
Swift as a flash of lighting a small white shape launched from the watch heights and rose rapidly off to the side of the race, keen eyes trained on the action.

In the dininghall Ilharen stood on a bench with his eyes closed in front of a gathering crowd of interested weyrfolk, his firelizard sitting watchful on the table before him. "It's a good start by Mirath and Zoninth with Chalith just behind! Weyrleader D'lana's Liarth has taken t'the skies too, respectable accleration for his colour but he can't match the blues in the early stages of a flight like this! We have other challengers rising from all around the Weyr, looks like one or two have made the mistake of stopping to blood though - that'll put them out of the race by my reckoning!" There were a lot of advantages to not getting caught up in the business of flights, and one of them was getting tips for a running commentary.

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Melomar rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:13 pm
Oximath! Let's race! I will fly loop-de-loops around these other guys!

Ama, what are you doing? D'io asked suddenly. What was his Amaryssoth up to?

I want to play a game with the Little Lady! Amaryssoth replied as he launched himself from his ledge like a big coppery spring. His title for Oximath was spoken with the same reverence he would refer to any Queen. He spun through the air as promised, though he stayed clear of the other suitors. Life is fun! It is joy. Or it could be with the right frame of mind. I will show you, Oximath.

do a barrel roll  
magnadearel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:38 pm
Brown Raketh
The dark brown male lifted his head from his pale brown forepaws. Mine there is a flight. I believe I shall chase. He rose to his feet and let his wings catch the wind. Is entertaining what you really want young Oximath? Perhaps he was a bit meddlesome.

2d6
Total: 8
R1- 8

magnadearel

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:09 pm
"Ah, a nice show of acrobatics from Amaryssoth there but will the display win him favour or just cost him in distance? For those of you without eyes in the sky that move looked a little like this."

Keen and intelligent Harmony hopped to her feet, launched into the air, and mimicked Amaryssoth's loop for the spectators.

Even as the gold replayed the action above Ilharen's brows knit slightly and he raised a hand to announce; "Brown Raketh is coming t'the fore now, he's - yes, he's passing Liarth! The front three remain unchanged and blues are t'the fore in general, but the flight isn't over yet!"

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 3 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 6 Total: 11 (3-18)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:43 pm
Gyafrith was laying on his ledge, while Ashlyn was working on some work for the Weyrlingmaster. That was when the blue heard the call of one of the older Weyrling greens and he felt it would be good to stretch his wings. So with a reassurance from his rider, who locked herself in, he pushed off his ledge and into the sky.

Oximath, let me do more than entertain. Let me be the one you take refuge under my wing,he spoke, giving chase after the green.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:35 am
Oximath was almost impressed with the turnout. So many dragons had come to woo her! And Liarth was offering to keep her entertained all night? That sounded promising! Oh, he was impressive, wasn’t he? But he’d have to be faster than that to catch her!

Chalith seemed fun—ooh, he would sing for her? She flew a bit closer to him, but not too close. She didn’t want to be caught just yet. Sing for me? She asked.

Losers? Oximath didn’t pause, but her eyes flared an angry red as Zoninth’s voice came. How dare he suggest that those chasing were losers? Only the best could keep up with her! She dove and turned on a wingtip.

Amaryssoth certainly got her attention with his display, but would he be able to keep up with her? Your loop de loops are lovely, can you out do me? She did a loop. Was that risky? It was fun! He was right, life was fun!

——

Second round! Get her, boys!  
TawnyAngel rolled 3 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 3 Total: 11 (3-18)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:37 am
Oximath, you are as graceful and swift as you are lovely! Mirath called, turning a barrel roll as he ascended in answer to the green's elegant loop. I would fly beside you across all of the north if you would have me, so that all below might have the chance to wonder at your beauty. His hearts were pounding and his wings ached with the strain of climbing higher, doubly so for trying to add a little flare to his climb in an attempt to catch the fair green's eye.

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

TawnyAngel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:41 am
The smaller males were pulling ahead for now but that didn't bother Liarth, let them wear themselves out and when Oximath was ready to choose he would be there waiting! You know I wish I was beside you right now Oximath, but you do make a lovely sight racing ahead of me! the bronze said with the feeling of a grin.

magnadearel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:44 am
Brown Raketh
She hadn't noticed him yet. Raketh started calculating his objective. Win the flight. He had a purpose. Somehow he would make her his. How? Do something the other males weren't doing of course.

His attention turned to the other males. It was time to sow dissent among the chasers. You all think you can match her? Shame on you all. He told the males who tried to up her beautiful displays. Liars! Speaking empty promises that you can't keep with a forked tongue! Raketh chided those making promises to the green.

No one can match your talent Oximath.

2d6
Total: 12
R1- 8
R2- 4

magnadearel

Melomar rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:22 pm
Apparently Amaryssoth was in no hurry to catch the Green. His rider was in dismay, though perhaps it would be unseemly for this pair to catch a Weyrling. Nevertheless, D'io cheered his dragon on. Both of them would have a good time of it, guaranteed.

Amaryssoth watched her display in kind and trumpeted. Beautiful job, Oximath! Surely I cannot compare. With a mental laugh, he pulled some more acrobatics from his repertoire. He was here to make sure she had a good time, whether she merely saw his show or even participated!

Round 1: 5
Round 2: 4
Round 3: ?
Total: 9  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items